- Share link: www.cannabis.wikia.com/warsaw
|See 2015, 2016 Global Cannabis March. Photos 1.|
Social media, Facebook Edit
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Warsaw.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Warsaw.
- Wikitravel: Warsaw.
- The official website of the City of Warsaw: e-warsaw.pl
- Online Warsaw City Guide.
- WeBeHigh.org: Cities by region and nation. By U.S. state. Or search.
- WeBeHigh.org -
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 865 different cities have signed up from 78 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
May 25, Warsaw, Plac Defilad
- Facebook: Marsz Wyzwolenia Konopi 2011.
- mwk 2011.
- Photos: email@example.com: Marsz Wyzwolenia Konopi 2011.
- Marsz Wyzwolenia Konopi 2011.
- Forum: KULT FORUM / Marsz Wyzwolenia Konopii 2011 V 28.
- 1 Października Marsze Wyzwolenia Konopi W Całej Polsce! October 1, 2011 Marijuana Marches in Poland! Article with list of 13 cities in Poland with times, dates, places.
Warsaw: Tomasz Obara gota(at)hemplobby.info gota(at)wolnekonopie.pl Mobile: +48 510 964 822 http://www.hemplobby.info (Spliff magazine, Polish Hemp Lobby) Obara Tomasz, Urzad Pocztowy 35, P.O. 43, 00-905 Warszawa GLOBALNY MARSZ WYZWOLENIA KONOPI, 17 MAJA 2008 - SOBOTA, start: 16:00, zbiórka pod Palacem Kultury i Nauki.
Warsaw: Tomasz Obara gota(at)hemplobby.info ganja(at)gota.pl gota(at)spliff.pl Mobile: +48 510 964 822 http://www.hemplobby.info (Spliff magazine, Polish Hemp Lobby) Alexandra translator(at)hemplobby.info +48 880 773 568 . GLOBALNY MARSZ WYZWOLENIA KONOPI, 17 MAJA 2008 - SOBOTA, start: 16:00, zbiórka pod Palacem Kultury i Nauki.
Report (from old GMM site): The Polish "Free Hemp March 2008" was a great success, over 3000 people marched with us to the government buildings in Warsaw. In the evening there was a fantastic MMM Afterparty, about 350 people came to it and it lasted until 6am! All the best, Alexandra and all at Hemp Lobby and Wolne Konopie (Free Hemp).
May 17, 2008 Global Marijuana March in Warsaw. Youtube link.
- Report (from old GMM site):
Million Marijuana March in Warsaw, conducted by Association for Rational and Effective Narcotic Policy – KANABA, occurred as a last of 207 marches all over the world. Despite of downpour, more than 1200 people demanding for legalization of marijuana marched through center of Warsaw.*
March began in a front of Seym building, where group of 300 people gathered. Just before it started, heavy rain had poured. A few people raised a laugh by saying, that God was crying and thundering, seeing the foolishness of polish parliament.
Luckily, a few – including journalists – fled. Remainders marched bravely, demanding for hemp’s freedom.
In spite of bad weather, there were more and more of us from minute to minute. Music from platform and melodious voice of Mewa from “PFK Sk?ad” were warming the crowd.
Suddenly, a first surprise happened. A group of superheroes – Batman, Spiderman and fearless Flash Gordon – jumped onto the platform. It turned out later, that our amusing friends were from Switzerland.
Another surprise: Just behind president’s palace, we met a demonstration of “Students Initiative”. They were emphasizing their dissatisfaction connected with appointment Roman Giertych as Minister of Education. They joined us and we started to exclaim “Krzak tak, Giertych nie” (“Yes for plant, no for Giertych”). We moved out briskly towards the Castle Square, where – after symbolic streetparty – we finished our march.
- Report (from old GMM site):
Plant, smoke, legalize' - these were the most often heard words on the 7th of May in Warsaw. Except for the momentous hail, it was a beautiful sunny day. About 3 pm under the circus in Wiejska street, which officially is our Government, people with a little bit of sense of social duty began to gather. But not only them - MMM was appointed with the city, so guys in blue also appeared. Were there many of us? It depends - if you compare it to the number of illicit drug users in Poland, or even only in Warsaw, then no, there were few of us. But compared to the last year's attendance, there is what to be proud of - this time almost five times more people arrived.
The time had came - we got off! A line of participants started to form behind a little truck with sound system, and full of pro-legalize banners (which we will call a platform from now on). After a while, our peace pageant reached the Three Cross Square. To the drivers' astonishment, and passer-by's interest, about one hundred meters of Warsaw main street, Nowy Swiat, was totally intercepted by loud group of MJ users. Boys and girls with loudspeakers were doing their best. Microphones were occupied by the Kochankowie Gwiezdnych Przestrzeni band, Robert Brylewski (Izrael, Brygada Kryzys) and guys from Kanaba.
Beside smoking accessories, given in the crowd as a part of Hemp Lobby, about 5kg of cannabis seeds were distributed. When we achieved Krakowskie Przedmiescie street, there was a little clash with police, which tried to arrest one of us. Whole march stopped, and 300 people started to shout: 'let him out!'. After a short time of uncertainty, we went on altogether.
Next stop - the President's Palace. While listening to a summary of most important facts about current European drug policy by Artur Radosz, many people shouted "even Kwass smokes grass' [Kwass stands for Kwasniewski, the polish President]. Then we headed for our destination - Plac Zamkowy. After a short speech, in which a necessity of greater engagement was pointed out, at 6pm. according to plan, this year's manifestation had ended, and participants went their own ways in high spirits
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video. Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.  .
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
- Holder's Legacy: Steering Away From the Drug War and Mass Incarceration. .
- In January 2015 U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder halted most of the federal Equitable Sharing program. For the most part state and local law enforcement could no longer use the program to bypass state laws restricting forfeiture. It was fully suspended in December 2015.
Obama can not reschedule marijuana by himself Edit
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. Dec. 28, 2015. Leafly.
Drug-war mass incarceration Edit
- See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|See articles: Cannabis prisoners and Drug war cost charts, infographics, and links.|
Incarceration rates. Nations, states Edit
- List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate. List combines nations and U.S. states. States and nations are ranked by incarceration rate.
Drug war plus trickle-down economics Edit
|Drug war + Trickle-down Reaganomics, = mass incarceration and mass control.|
|See article: Trickle-down economics plus drug war.|
2016 election and marches Edit
2016 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. Public opinion wins elections. So get out and march!
|Register and vote for cannabis in 2016.|
|Register to vote. Support legislation and ballot initiatives. Vote out most Republicans in 2016.|
USA Today: 11 states least likely to legalize marijuana. Republican states across the nation.
|Marijuana in the South: A State-by-State Guide. Republicans created a THC-free south.|
|Vermont may be the first state to legalize recreational cannabis via the legislature. Vermont has Democrat governor and legislature. 1. 2. 3.|
Canadian single-payer healthcare and Portuguese drug decriminalization Edit
|An economist says Bernie's universal healthcare would save over 10 years. A Chicago Tribune healthcare article: In Europe, Sanders would be center-right. And: Nurses Applaud New Sanders Plan for Healthcare for All. 2.3.|
- Killer Mike and Bernie Sanders Have a Barber-Shop Chat About Free Health Care, and Ending The War on Drugs. Youtube. Facebook: ColoradoCare Yes. On ballot in 2016. ColoradoCareYES.co - ColoradoCare would cover all residents and cost less than the current system. One primary payer. Sanders says Clinton fails to mention that 'Medicare for all' (Single Payer) saves families about $5000 a year in premiums, deductibles, and co-pays.
- See: Wikipedia: Health in Portugal and Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal. See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links.
|Cut taxes by ending the drug war, the final "U.S. ground war". Cut Republican big spending: Wars, drug wars, US healthcare costs, and incarceration costs. See: Business people for Single-payer Healthcare. Fed up with uncontrollable costs of U.S. healthcare.|
Canada's new Liberal government repeats promise to legalize marijuana. "Trudeau’s pledge to cut the tax rate for middle-income earners ... paid for by a tax hike on the wealthiest 1%."
|Repeal insurance-based Obamacare. Replace with Canadian-style Single-payer Healthcare. 1. Obamacare regulates health insurance companies. Canada has dumped most of those companies.|
ColoradoCare. "Colorado could make history next November by being the first state in the nation to approve a comprehensive single-payer health insurance system. ... This health insurance coverage has no deductibles and no co-pays." 1.2.