- Share link: www.cannabis.wikia.com/warsaw
Social media, Facebook Edit
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2017, 2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos.|
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Warsaw.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Warsaw.
- Wikitravel: Warsaw.
- The official website of the City of Warsaw: e-warsaw.pl
- Online Warsaw City Guide.
- WeBeHigh.org: Cities by region and nation. By U.S. state. Or search.
- WeBeHigh.org -
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 888 different cities have participated from 80 different nations or subnational areas since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
See GMM: basic city lists, detailed city lists, graphics, photos, maps, regions, links, years. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondial du Cannabis. And: Global Marijuana March.
|2017, 2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos.|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
May 25, Warsaw, Plac Defilad
- Facebook: Marsz Wyzwolenia Konopi 2011.
- mwk 2011.
- Photos: firstname.lastname@example.org: Marsz Wyzwolenia Konopi 2011.
- Marsz Wyzwolenia Konopi 2011.
- Forum: KULT FORUM / Marsz Wyzwolenia Konopii 2011 V 28.
- 1 Października Marsze Wyzwolenia Konopi W Całej Polsce! October 1, 2011 Marijuana Marches in Poland! Article with list of 13 cities in Poland with times, dates, places.
Warsaw: Tomasz Obara gota(at)hemplobby.info gota(at)wolnekonopie.pl Mobile: +48 510 964 822 http://www.hemplobby.info (Spliff magazine, Polish Hemp Lobby) Obara Tomasz, Urzad Pocztowy 35, P.O. 43, 00-905 Warszawa GLOBALNY MARSZ WYZWOLENIA KONOPI, 17 MAJA 2008 - SOBOTA, start: 16:00, zbiórka pod Palacem Kultury i Nauki.
Warsaw: Tomasz Obara gota(at)hemplobby.info ganja(at)gota.pl gota(at)spliff.pl Mobile: +48 510 964 822 http://www.hemplobby.info (Spliff magazine, Polish Hemp Lobby) Alexandra translator(at)hemplobby.info +48 880 773 568 . GLOBALNY MARSZ WYZWOLENIA KONOPI, 17 MAJA 2008 - SOBOTA, start: 16:00, zbiórka pod Palacem Kultury i Nauki.
Report (from old GMM site): The Polish "Free Hemp March 2008" was a great success, over 3000 people marched with us to the government buildings in Warsaw. In the evening there was a fantastic MMM Afterparty, about 350 people came to it and it lasted until 6am! All the best, Alexandra and all at Hemp Lobby and Wolne Konopie (Free Hemp).
May 17, 2008 Global Marijuana March in Warsaw. Youtube link.
- Report (from old GMM site):
Million Marijuana March in Warsaw, conducted by Association for Rational and Effective Narcotic Policy – KANABA, occurred as a last of 207 marches all over the world. Despite of downpour, more than 1200 people demanding for legalization of marijuana marched through center of Warsaw.*
March began in a front of Seym building, where group of 300 people gathered. Just before it started, heavy rain had poured. A few people raised a laugh by saying, that God was crying and thundering, seeing the foolishness of polish parliament.
Luckily, a few – including journalists – fled. Remainders marched bravely, demanding for hemp’s freedom.
In spite of bad weather, there were more and more of us from minute to minute. Music from platform and melodious voice of Mewa from “PFK Sk?ad” were warming the crowd.
Suddenly, a first surprise happened. A group of superheroes – Batman, Spiderman and fearless Flash Gordon – jumped onto the platform. It turned out later, that our amusing friends were from Switzerland.
Another surprise: Just behind president’s palace, we met a demonstration of “Students Initiative”. They were emphasizing their dissatisfaction connected with appointment Roman Giertych as Minister of Education. They joined us and we started to exclaim “Krzak tak, Giertych nie” (“Yes for plant, no for Giertych”). We moved out briskly towards the Castle Square, where – after symbolic streetparty – we finished our march.
- Report (from old GMM site):
Plant, smoke, legalize' - these were the most often heard words on the 7th of May in Warsaw. Except for the momentous hail, it was a beautiful sunny day. About 3 pm under the circus in Wiejska street, which officially is our Government, people with a little bit of sense of social duty began to gather. But not only them - MMM was appointed with the city, so guys in blue also appeared. Were there many of us? It depends - if you compare it to the number of illicit drug users in Poland, or even only in Warsaw, then no, there were few of us. But compared to the last year's attendance, there is what to be proud of - this time almost five times more people arrived.
The time had came - we got off! A line of participants started to form behind a little truck with sound system, and full of pro-legalize banners (which we will call a platform from now on). After a while, our peace pageant reached the Three Cross Square. To the drivers' astonishment, and passer-by's interest, about one hundred meters of Warsaw main street, Nowy Swiat, was totally intercepted by loud group of MJ users. Boys and girls with loudspeakers were doing their best. Microphones were occupied by the Kochankowie Gwiezdnych Przestrzeni band, Robert Brylewski (Izrael, Brygada Kryzys) and guys from Kanaba.
Beside smoking accessories, given in the crowd as a part of Hemp Lobby, about 5kg of cannabis seeds were distributed. When we achieved Krakowskie Przedmiescie street, there was a little clash with police, which tried to arrest one of us. Whole march stopped, and 300 people started to shout: 'let him out!'. After a short time of uncertainty, we went on altogether.
Next stop - the President's Palace. While listening to a summary of most important facts about current European drug policy by Artur Radosz, many people shouted "even Kwass smokes grass' [Kwass stands for Kwasniewski, the polish President]. Then we headed for our destination - Plac Zamkowy. After a short speech, in which a necessity of greater engagement was pointed out, at 6pm. according to plan, this year's manifestation had ended, and participants went their own ways in high spirits
2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 Edit
May 6, 2017, Saturday, or thereabouts. And April 20 (4/20), or thereabouts. Rallies and marches overall change public opinion for the better! See: Cannabis polls.
- 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. - Worldwide.
- USA. 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 city list. - USA.
- 420 event lists. - Worldwide.
|US states that have legalized|
as of November 2016 election.
Cannabis is safer Edit
|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech 1: "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."|
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
USA. Republican war on cannabis Edit
The Cannabis War is over and the U.S. Republican Party has lost. They may not know it yet, so keep marching, lobbying, and voting! Please register and vote! See: Reagan's War on Cannabis. And: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Alternatives to Republican-led mass incarceration.
Vermont's Republican Governor Scott Vetoes Marijuana Legalization bill of Democrat legislature. May 24, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes a bill that would have allowed medical marijuana for opioid addiction. April 7, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes the 911 Good Samaritan Overdose Prevention Bill. April 7, 2017. And: Idaho's Republican governor vetoes a broadly-supported asset forfeiture reform bill. April 7, 2017.
|U.S. Republican Party: Greed, Ground Wars, Drug Wars, and Mass Incarceration.|
Presidents alone can not reschedule it Edit
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
The president alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
Drug war, control, mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. 2. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money.|
|Rundle Won't Charge Prison Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death for 2 Hours in Shower. Death Ruled An Accident. Documents Show They Omitted Key Details. Florida inmate in for cocaine possession. 2345. Due to lack of single-payer universal healthcare the mentally ill end up incarcerated and untreated. Prison costs far more than caring for them to begin with. For their non-violent offenses three-quarters of Americans favor ‘rehabilitation’ over jail time, survey finds. |
Green love Edit
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|Wikipedia: Population milestone babies.|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|
Single Payer. Half the cost of Trumpcare Edit
Portugal. Few die of overdoses Edit
Portugal has decriminalized all drugs. Like Canada it has universal healthcare. See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal and Wikipedia: Health in Portugal. Nearly all of the European Union (EU) has universal healthcare. . See: List of countries with universal health care.
Source for above chart: Are any conservatives in the US for a single payer and a universal health care system, or can they not coexist? Chart is from comment around March 11, 2017 by Dan Munro, "author of Casino Healthcare and Forbes contributor".
Canada passes US in middle-class wealth. Median after-tax middle-class income in Canada is higher. . Why? Canadians pay so much less for far better healthcare. And:
The $0 Alternative To Trumpcare. See chart below. USA versus top ten healthiest nations.
2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article.
"The country has 3 overdose deaths per million citizens, compared to the EU average of 17.3."
- Overdose stats for the rest of the world.
- Wikipedia charts: Drug-related death statistics. See the upload page.
- Overdose Death Rates. National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Charts.
- These Are the Drugs That Cause the Most Overdose Deaths. Chart.
- Our nation’s drug overdose problem, in five bleak charts.
- How the opioid epidemic became America’s worst drug crisis ever, in 15 maps and charts.