- Share link: www.cannabis.wikia.com/warsaw
|See 2014 Global Cannabis March, and 420 city lists.|
- Colorado. Hardline Republican sneaking into Senate. . In House he voted against allowing medical cannabis in states.
- McConnell opposes medical marijuana. Grimes (Democrat) supports discussion. .
- Ballot initiatives can boost turnout 8%. Big 2014 issues are marijuana and minimum wage.
- Minimum wages around the world. By PolitiFact.com.
Majority Of Employers Say Raise The Minimum Wage. So why do Republicans block it?
- Americans Have No Idea How Bad Inequality Is. Drug war is war on poor. See infographic.
- Holder's Legacy: Steering Away From the Drug War and Mass Incarceration. .
Astounding Percentage Disapprove Of GOP. Republican politicians, private prisons, and sheriffs still want cannabis war; while Obama says let states decide. House voted (with only a few Republicans) to let states alone on medical cannabis.
- Marijuana advocates start their 2016 legalization fight in California today. .
- Election 2014! Tommy Chong Explains His Plan to Win! on Dancing with the Stars. . Photo with comments.
Remember Romney Republicans in 2012? Compare to 2014! Happy days are here again!:
- 2014. VoteMedicalMarijuana.org - exposes poor voting record of Republicans. Scoring. Evaluates candidates based on their legislative records.
See: Cannabis news sources. See Facebook: Global Marijuana March. And: Cannabis and 2014 U.S. election, November 4, Tuesday.
- Attorney general questions if marijuana should be in same legal category as heroin. .
- Will Illinois be 17th state to decriminalize? Democrat Rahm Emanuel in favor. .
- New Mexico court OKs marijuana ballot questions. Republicans opposed their inclusion.
- Alaska. Prominent Republicans fundraise for anti-Prop 2 group "Big Marijuana, Big Mistake".
- Marijuana: Italian Army to Grow Cannabis for Medical Purposes. International Business Times.
- Italy to Grow Medical Cannabis; Free Prisoners. . Release 10,000 pot prisoners. .
- Pussy Riot stops in Ann Arbor. . Fighting for prisoners' rights. Boston: .
- Reagan-era Reefer Madness regime: The NFL's Hazy Logic on Marijuana. Cannabis is safer.
- Illinois NORML 'Appalled' That GOP Candidate Would Delay Medical Marijuana Access.
- County opts for pot, tax questions on ballot. Albuquerque, New Mexico. 3-2 vote along party lines; Democrats in the majority.
- World Leaders on the Drug War: Legalize It! "Decriminalization and legal regulation of not just cannabis but as many of the drugs that are currently illegal as possible, with the understanding that some drugs may remain too dangerous to decriminalize". .
A Crucial Election Season for Legalizing Marijuana and Ending the Drug War. State-by-state info.
- U.S. Election, November 4, Tuesday. Absentee and Early Voting. State-by-state info. Turnout matters! State-by-state voter registration deadlines. October 3 in many states! See: Online registration.. And, Voter Registration by mail. CanIvote.org ~ Are you registered, and where is my polling place.
|More cannabis-related links, city lists, and graphics.|
Social media, Facebook Edit
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Warsaw.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Warsaw.
- Wikitravel: Warsaw.
- The official website of the City of Warsaw: e-warsaw.pl
- Online Warsaw City Guide.
- WeBeHigh.org: Cities by region and nation. By U.S. state. Or search.
- WeBeHigh.org -
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 845 different cities have signed up from 75 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
Right-click any region for its city list.
May 25, Warsaw, Plac Defilad
- Facebook: Marsz Wyzwolenia Konopi 2011.
- mwk 2011.
- Photos: firstname.lastname@example.org: Marsz Wyzwolenia Konopi 2011.
- Marsz Wyzwolenia Konopi 2011.
- Forum: KULT FORUM / Marsz Wyzwolenia Konopii 2011 V 28.
- 1 Października Marsze Wyzwolenia Konopi W Całej Polsce! October 1, 2011 Marijuana Marches in Poland! Article with list of 13 cities in Poland with times, dates, places.
Warsaw: Tomasz Obara gota(at)hemplobby.info gota(at)wolnekonopie.pl Mobile: +48 510 964 822 http://www.hemplobby.info (Spliff magazine, Polish Hemp Lobby) Obara Tomasz, Urzad Pocztowy 35, P.O. 43, 00-905 Warszawa GLOBALNY MARSZ WYZWOLENIA KONOPI, 17 MAJA 2008 - SOBOTA, start: 16:00, zbiórka pod Palacem Kultury i Nauki.
Warsaw: Tomasz Obara gota(at)hemplobby.info ganja(at)gota.pl gota(at)spliff.pl Mobile: +48 510 964 822 http://www.hemplobby.info (Spliff magazine, Polish Hemp Lobby) Alexandra translator(at)hemplobby.info +48 880 773 568 . GLOBALNY MARSZ WYZWOLENIA KONOPI, 17 MAJA 2008 - SOBOTA, start: 16:00, zbiórka pod Palacem Kultury i Nauki.
Report (from old GMM site): The Polish "Free Hemp March 2008" was a great success, over 3000 people marched with us to the government buildings in Warsaw. In the evening there was a fantastic MMM Afterparty, about 350 people came to it and it lasted until 6am! All the best, Alexandra and all at Hemp Lobby and Wolne Konopie (Free Hemp).
May 17, 2008 Global Marijuana March in Warsaw. Youtube link.
- Report (from old GMM site):
Million Marijuana March in Warsaw, conducted by Association for Rational and Effective Narcotic Policy – KANABA, occurred as a last of 207 marches all over the world. Despite of downpour, more than 1200 people demanding for legalization of marijuana marched through center of Warsaw.*
March began in a front of Seym building, where group of 300 people gathered. Just before it started, heavy rain had poured. A few people raised a laugh by saying, that God was crying and thundering, seeing the foolishness of polish parliament.
Luckily, a few – including journalists – fled. Remainders marched bravely, demanding for hemp’s freedom.
In spite of bad weather, there were more and more of us from minute to minute. Music from platform and melodious voice of Mewa from “PFK Sk?ad” were warming the crowd.
Suddenly, a first surprise happened. A group of superheroes – Batman, Spiderman and fearless Flash Gordon – jumped onto the platform. It turned out later, that our amusing friends were from Switzerland.
Another surprise: Just behind president’s palace, we met a demonstration of “Students Initiative”. They were emphasizing their dissatisfaction connected with appointment Roman Giertych as Minister of Education. They joined us and we started to exclaim “Krzak tak, Giertych nie” (“Yes for plant, no for Giertych”). We moved out briskly towards the Castle Square, where – after symbolic streetparty – we finished our march.
- Report (from old GMM site):
Plant, smoke, legalize' - these were the most often heard words on the 7th of May in Warsaw. Except for the momentous hail, it was a beautiful sunny day. About 3 pm under the circus in Wiejska street, which officially is our Government, people with a little bit of sense of social duty began to gather. But not only them - MMM was appointed with the city, so guys in blue also appeared. Were there many of us? It depends - if you compare it to the number of illicit drug users in Poland, or even only in Warsaw, then no, there were few of us. But compared to the last year's attendance, there is what to be proud of - this time almost five times more people arrived.
The time had came - we got off! A line of participants started to form behind a little truck with sound system, and full of pro-legalize banners (which we will call a platform from now on). After a while, our peace pageant reached the Three Cross Square. To the drivers' astonishment, and passer-by's interest, about one hundred meters of Warsaw main street, Nowy Swiat, was totally intercepted by loud group of MJ users. Boys and girls with loudspeakers were doing their best. Microphones were occupied by the Kochankowie Gwiezdnych Przestrzeni band, Robert Brylewski (Izrael, Brygada Kryzys) and guys from Kanaba.
Beside smoking accessories, given in the crowd as a part of Hemp Lobby, about 5kg of cannabis seeds were distributed. When we achieved Krakowskie Przedmiescie street, there was a little clash with police, which tried to arrest one of us. Whole march stopped, and 300 people started to shout: 'let him out!'. After a short time of uncertainty, we went on altogether.
Next stop - the President's Palace. While listening to a summary of most important facts about current European drug policy by Artur Radosz, many people shouted "even Kwass smokes grass' [Kwass stands for Kwasniewski, the polish President]. Then we headed for our destination - Plac Zamkowy. After a short speech, in which a necessity of greater engagement was pointed out, at 6pm. according to plan, this year's manifestation had ended, and participants went their own ways in high spirits
|More info, tips, links, and |
media of all kinds.
Note: Update any section of this page. Feel free to add sections for years, events, legal initiatives, history, people, organizations, gatherings, and so on. Add links and info of all kinds. Some sources: Category:Cannabis-related events, GMM yearly city lists, GMM links, wikipedia:Category:Cannabis activism, cannabis culture, etc.. Also, search the web (add city to search) for cannabis activism, groups, 420 events, harvest festival events, ballot initiatives, court cases, etc.. Add links for reports, articles, photos, graphics (posters, banners, flyers), videos, press, media coverage, etc.. Upload photos and graphics. You can help: Category:Work in progress. See also: Video help and search links.
Incarceration rates Edit
|See list of incarceration rates by country (b c). Compare the rates. Due to the Drug War the USA has the highest incarceration rate in the world. See cost of U.S. drug war: 1.5 trillion dollars! Let's Break the Taboo! Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
The purple elephant in the room:
Cost of drug warEdit
|Cost of U.S. drug war. Even $1.5 trillion dollars is conservative since many crimes are committed in order to get money for drugs. Correction costs alone averaged $30,600 per inmate in 2007. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Economics - Drug War Facts. See: 32 Reasons Why We Need To End The War On Drugs - Business Insider. See: The Budgetary Impact of Ending Drug Prohibition.|
Breaking the Taboo Edit
- Share link: taboo
Home Page (BreakingTheTaboo.info). More info . See TabooBreakers on Twitter. See Global Commission on Drug Policy and Facebook page. Quotes from video clips on the trailer: President Richard Nixon: "total war against public enemy number one". President Ronald Wilson Reagan: "When we say no to drugs it will be clear that we mean absolutely none". President George H.W. Bush: "Some think there won't be room for them in jail. We'll make room". Morgan Freeman: "Since 1971 2.5 trillion dollars have been spent on the War on Drugs". Look who's breaking the taboo: Richard Branson, Kate Winslet, Sam Branson, Morgan Freeman, and many more. See also: MarijuanaMajority.com. Share link. Full version in English is no longer available online. Hey Richard Branson, George Soros, or whoever, please buy it and put it back online!
Quentin Tarantino Edit
| Quentin Tarantino. Video:|
War on Drugs is Like Slavery.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- See Cannabis is safer.
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol:
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year from 2006 to 2010. .
- See: Cannabis is safer.