|Poll. US voters support single payer Medicare-for-all 51 - 38 percent. As do doctors. See: Australian single payer. And: It costs less. Bernie Sanders videos: A Republican senator challenged a Canadian doctor on their single-payer health care. 2. Chart: Portugal's drug decriminalization. 2.3. And:|
|A or F? How Congress scores on marijuana. 2. By Danielle Keane, NORML political director. 2016. "Of the 233 Democrats in Congress, 208 members (89.3 percent) received a passing grade of a 'C' or higher. Of the 302 Republicans in Congress, 102 members (33.8 percent) received a passing grade of a 'C' or higher." For your state see: Congressional Scorecard. NORML. Grading was based upon members' voting records.|
American Holy Wars on brown people worldwide.
- Share links: Wars - Wars on demand - CIA. This article was written by Timeshifter. See also: Brutality and the Drug War. And: Race, ethnicity, and drug war.
|George Carlin: Youtube: George Carlin: "We Like War!" 1992. "Especially if your country's full of brown people." (1 min 20 sec in. Direct link there). Bush's "crusade".|
The axis of evil Reagan-Bush wars, and fabricated wars, on demand. Including drug wars, and torture. Special discount for wars on brown people. A good movie: Syriana. See also: Reagan's war on cannabis. And: The U.S. drug war, Republicans lead. And: Race, ethnicity, and drug war.
|Drug war is also profitable: Prison companies, guard unions, law schools, courthouse construction|
|Dick Cheney would like to thank you for your s̶e̶r̶v̶i̶c̶e̶ business. See Facebook comments|
- Remembering the Hoax That Helped Launch the U.S. Invasion, and Later Disintegration, of Iraq. By Knut Royce. Huffington Post. See Wikipedia: Niger uranium forgeries. It's all about the yellowcake uranium.
- At Least Trump Got One Thing Right. There Were No WMDs in Iraq. By Brian Glyn Williams. Huffington Post. April 5, 2016.
- Donald Trump Accuses George W. Bush Of Lying To Invade Iraq. 13 Feb 2016. Huffington Post.
- Lies by Bush and Cheney in the runup to the Iraq War .
- Wikipedia: Rationale for the Iraq War. And: Downing Street memo. And: Niger uranium forgeries. And: Iraqi aluminum tubes. And: United Nations Security Council Resolution 1441.
- Jeb Bush Confronted By College Student: 'Your Brother Created ISIS'. May 13, 2015.
- The CIA Just Declassified the Document That Supposedly Justified the Iraq Invasion. . March 19, 2015.
- Charts: Bush Lowballed Us on Iraq by $6 Trillion. By Tasneem Raja. March 19, 2013. Mother Jones.
- Lie by Lie: A Timeline of How We Got Into Iraq. September/October 2006 issue of Mother Jones. By Jonathan Stein and Tim Dickinson. "Mushroom clouds, duct tape, Judy Miller, Curveball. Recalling how Americans were sold a bogus case for invasion."
- America's gulag. By Stephen Grey. 17 May 2004. New Statesman. America's system of worldwide extraordinary rendition and torture.
- Flashback: Rep. Bernie Sanders Opposes Iraq War. October 9, 2002, then-Rep. Bernie Sanders made this statement on the floor of the House of Representatives.
Reagan's War on Cannabis
Wikipedia: Plan Mexico, (and before):
- When the War on Drugs in Mexico Comes Back Home to the U.S. - In These Times. By Rebecca Gordon. March 23, 2015. "The Pentagon and CIA are also involved in Mexico in significant ways." Read the article.
- U.S. role at a crossroads in Mexico’s intelligence war on the cartels. April 27, 2013. Washington Post. By Dana Priest. "Back then, the Mexican intelligence service, CISEN, 'was basically run by the CIA,' according to one former CISEN official. Although that has changed with time, the unusually close relationship between Mexican presidents and CIA chiefs has not."
- Mexico Is Trying To Win Its War On Drugs By Using More Torture. Sept 4, 2014 in Mint Press News.
- Torture in Mexico is 'Out of Control' According to Amnesty International. Sept 9, 2014 in Vice magazine.
Chicago's black sites and torture
- Google search: CIA's Phoenix Program in Vietnam.
- A Chronicle of Woe: US Policing Culture From Iraq and Vietnam to Jon Burge's Chicago. April 27, 2015. Truthout.
- Cop accused of brutally torturing black suspects costs Chicago $5.5 million. April 15, 2015. Washington Post. "In its 2005 profile of Burge, the Chicago Reader suggests Burge may have honed his torture techniques on suspected Vietcong soldiers and sympathizers. Multiple members of Burge’s Ninth Military Police Company told the newspaper that they had either witnessed or heard of interrogations using a 'field phone' similar to the black box Burge would later be accused of using. In what they called 'the Bell telephone hour,' soldiers would shock prisoners in an attempt to obtain information."
- On May 6, 2015 Chicago City Council voted to become the first in the nation to create a reparations fund for victims of police torture. At Chicago's various "black sites" over decades. Drug war POWs involved too. "Burge and his 'midnight crew' of detectives on the city's South Side used electric shock, beatings, suffocation and even Russian roulette to coerce confessions out of suspects. The city has already paid more than $100 million in judgments and legal settlements to some victims."
- Google News searches: Chicago torture. And: Homan Square. Do a general web search too.
- Gitmo Torturer Practiced as Chicago Cop. Feb. 18, 2015. .
- Inside Chicago's legacy of police abuse: violence 'as routine as traffic lights' . March 3, 2015. The Guardian.
- Homan Square . The Guardian. "Guardian investigation details allegations of abuse inside a secretive facility operated by the Chicago police department."
- Homan Square: politicians push DoJ to investigate 'CIA or Gestapo tactics' at secret police site. March 19, 2015. The Guardian.
- How Chicago police used marijuana to disappear young people at Homan Square. March 11, 2015. The Guardian.
- The disappeared: Chicago police detain Americans at abuse-laden 'black site' | US news . Feb. 24, 2015. The Guardian.
Gulf War I
"Incredibly, even as some American officials were adamant that the U.S. had no commitments to Kuwait, other senior Americans were reassuring top Kuwaitis that the U.S. was totally in their corner, and urged them not to buckle to the Iraqi leader's demands. One of those was General Norman Schwartzkopf, then American commander for the Gulf region, who personally told Kuwaiti officials that the U.S. had their back. The director of the CIA was also encouraging Kuwaiti them to keep the economic strangle hold on Saddam. ... To convince the Saudis of that threat, then Secretary of Defense Dick Cheney flew to Riyadh. He took with him satellite photographs that supposedly showed Iraqi armored forces massed in offensive positions, ready to strike the Saudis. ... After the invasion, a number of news organizations obtained commercial satellite photographs of Iraqi forces in Kuwait and had them examined by skilled photo analysts, veterans of the U.S. intelligence community. They found no signs of the supposed massive Iraqi troop build up anywhere near the Saudi border; nor for that matter anywhere in Kuwait."
Iraq invaded Kuwait in August 1990. On October 10, 1990, a young Kuwaiti girl known only as "Nayirah" appeared in front of a congressional committee and testified that she witnessed the mass murdering of infants, when Iraqi soldiers had snatched them out of hospital incubators and threw them on the floor to die. Her testimony became a lead item in newspapers, radio and TV all over the US. The story was eventually exposed as a fabrication in December 1992, in a CBC-TV program called To Sell a War. Nayirah was revealed to be the daughter of Kuwait's ambassador to the United States, and actually hadn't seen the "atrocities" she described take place; the PR firm Hill & Knowlton, which had been hired by the Kuwaiti government to encourage American intervention in the war, had heavily promoted her testimony.
Deaths surrounding advanced research
- The Mystery of the Marconi Deaths. By Nick Redfern. Mysterious Universe. More info. "Dozens of scientists and technicians – all working on highly-classified programs, and all linked to one, particular company – dead under highly controversial and unusual circumstances. It’s a controversy that ran from the early 1980s to 1991 and remains unresolved to this very day."
|"Just seven days after Greenhalgh and Gooding died, and only a short distance away, a woman named Shani Warren took her last breaths. Warren worked for Micro Scope, a company taken over by Marconi just weeks later. Despite being found in just a foot and a half of water, and with a gag in her mouth, her feet bound, and her hands tied behind her back, the official verdict was – wholly outrageously – suicide."|
Bay of Pigs
- C.I.A.: Maker of Policy, or Tool?  April 25, 1966. New York Times. "President Kennedy, as the enormity of the Bay of Pigs disaster came home to him, said to one of the highest officials of his administration that he wanted 'to splinter the CIA in a thousand pieces and scatter it to the winds'. ... In the 19 years that the CIA has been in existence, 150 resolutions for tighter congressional control have been introduced - and put aside."
Oswald may have been involved, but certainly not alone.
- Yes, the CIA director was part of the JFK assassination cover up. By Philip Shenon. 7 Oct 2015. Politico. "Half a century after JFK’s death, in a once-secret report written in 2013 by the CIA’s top in-house historian and quietly declassified last fall, the spy agency acknowledges what others were convinced of long ago: that McCone and other senior CIA officials were 'complicit' in keeping 'incendiary' information from the Warren Commission."
- CIA 'covered up JFK assassination' as secret report 'reveals spy boss withheld "incendiary" information'. 8 Oct 2015. Daily Mirror.
- Inside the plot to kill JFK: The secret story of the CIA and what really happened in Dallas. 22 Nov 2015. Salon. By David Talbot, the founder of Salon. CIA and Mafia hit men. JFK. How many more confessions do we need? CIA starts wars. Killed foreign leaders.
- Why CIA’s Richard Helms Lied About Oswald: Part 1. And Part 2. December 23 and 27, 2015. By Peter Dale Scott.
- Wikipedia: JMWAVE.
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr. said that he was convinced that Lee Harvey Oswald was not solely responsible for the assassination of his uncle, President John F. Kennedy; and said his father Robert Kennedy was "fairly convinced" that others besides Oswald were involved in his brother's assassination and privately believed the Warren Commission report was a "shoddy piece of craftsmanship." Kennedy was nine years old when President Kennedy was assassinated and 14 years old when his father was assassinated.
- C.I.A.: Maker of Policy, or Tool?  April 25, 1966. New York Times. "Senator Eugene J. McCarthy, Democrat of Minnesota, has charged that the agency 'is making foreign policy and in so doing is assuming the roles of President and Congress'." See CIA attacks on North Vietnam that preceded the Gulf of Tonkin incident and the war-enabling Gulf of Tonkin Resolution.
- Forbidden Book: Douglas Valentine’s “The Phoenix Program: America’s Use of Terror in Vietnam”. "Never has such an in-depth look at a major CIA operation been written. ... The Phoenix Program itself was created by the CIA as a way to coordinate numerous counterinsurgency programs during the Vietnam war, using methods of blanket surveillance, kidnapping and extrajudicial detention, interrogation and torture, and the paramilitarization of the police. The goal, beyond gathering of intelligence, was to eliminate — via murder, mass use of informants, and terror."
Treason. Nixon and Kissinger sabotaged 1968 pre-election truce
- George Will Confirms Nixon's Vietnam Treason. August 12, 2014. By Bob Fitrakis, Harvey Wasserman. Common Dreams. From the article (emphasis added):
|In the four years between the  sabotage and what Kissinger termed “peace at hand” just prior to the 1972 election, more than 20,000 US troops died in Vietnam. More than 100,000 were wounded. More than a million Vietnamese were killed.
But in 1973, Kissinger was given the Nobel Peace Prize for negotiating the same settlement he helped sabotage in 1968.
Brazilian military government
- "The CIA performed psyops against Goulart, performed character assassination, pumped money into opposition groups, and enlisted the help of the Agency for International Development and the AFL-CIO. The 1964 Brazilian coup d'état exiled Goulart and the military dictatorship of Humberto de Alencar Castelo Branco took over."
- The U.S. Spent Decades Teaching Torture Techniques To Brazil. Dec. 10, 2014. BuzzFeed. A Pentagon manual from the 1980s revealed in 1996 showed that the American instructors "recommended interrogation techniques like torture, execution, blackmail and arresting the relatives of those being questioned."
1953 Iran. Overthrow of democracy
- It’s time to release the real history of the 1953 Iran coup. By Malcom Byrne. 15 Oct 2016. Politico.
- CIA finally admits it masterminded Iran’s 1953 coup. August 20, 2013. RT USA.
- Wikipedia: 1953 Iranian coup d'état.
1973 Chile. Overthrow of democracy
The Bourne Identity. The Real Story
- The Bourne Identity. The Real Story. 2009 on History channel in the United Kingdom, and 2010 on the Smithsonian Channel in the US. "See how covert CIA agents, as portrayed in the Bourne Trilogy, operate outside of Hollywood...and often outside the law." See more info. See video on Youtube.
Presidents have too much power
|Presidents have too much power.||Johnson: Vietnam War, Warren Commission. Nixon: War on Drugs. Reagan: Mandatory minimum sentencing and mass incarceration. -- Video. Bush 1: More mass incarceration.|
2017 Global Marijuana March and 420
May 6, 2017, Saturday, or thereabouts. And April 20 (4/20), or thereabouts. Rallies and marches overall change public opinion for the better! See: Cannabis polls.
- 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. - Worldwide.
- USA. 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 city list. - USA.
- 420 event lists. - Worldwide.
|US states that have legalized|
as of November 2016 election.
Cannabis is safer
|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech 1: "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."|
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
USA. Republican war on cannabis
The Cannabis War is over and the U.S. Republican Party has lost. They may not know it yet, so keep marching, lobbying, and voting! Please register and vote! See: Reagan's War on Cannabis. And: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Alternatives to Republican-led mass incarceration.
Vermont's Republican Governor Scott Vetoes Marijuana Legalization bill of Democrat legislature. May 24, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes a bill that would have allowed medical marijuana for opioid addiction. April 7, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes the 911 Good Samaritan Overdose Prevention Bill. April 7, 2017. And: Idaho's Republican governor vetoes a broadly-supported asset forfeiture reform bill. April 7, 2017.
- Missouri's Republican governor signs state law lowering St. Louis minimum wage. . July 3, 2017. And: Iowa's Republican governor signs law overturning local minimum wage increases. March 30, 2017.
Presidents alone can not reschedule it
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
The president alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
Drug war, control, mass incarceration
|See: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. 2. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money. And: Senator Kamela Harris push for bail reform.|
|Rundle Won't Charge Prison Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death for 2 Hours in Shower. Death Ruled An Accident. Documents Show They Omitted Key Details. Florida inmate in for cocaine possession. 2345. Due to lack of single-payer universal healthcare the mentally ill end up incarcerated and untreated. Prison costs far more than caring for them to begin with. For their non-violent offenses three-quarters of Americans favor ‘rehabilitation’ over jail time, survey finds. |
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|Wikipedia: Population milestone babies.|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|
Single Payer. Half the cost of Trumpcare
20 million uninsured: 20,000+ deaths yearly
Portugal. Few die of overdoses
- Bernie Sanders' projection of 'thousands' of deaths from lost health coverage is well-supported. By Louis Jacobson. June 27, 2017. Politifact. See article sidebar for many sources. .
- See: Canadian single-payer healthcare and Portuguese drug decriminalization.
Portugal has decriminalized all drugs. Like Canada it has universal healthcare. See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal and Wikipedia: Health in Portugal. Nearly all of the European Union (EU) has universal healthcare. . See: List of countries with universal health care.
Source for above chart: Are any conservatives in the US for a single payer and a universal health care system, or can they not coexist? Chart is from comment around March 11, 2017 by Dan Munro, "author of Casino Healthcare and Forbes contributor".
Canada passes US in middle-class wealth. Median after-tax middle-class income in Canada is higher. . Why? Canadians pay so much less for far better healthcare. And:
The $0 Alternative To Trumpcare. See chart below. USA versus top ten healthiest nations.
2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article.
"The country has 3 overdose deaths per million citizens, compared to the EU average of 17.3."
- Overdose stats for the rest of the world.
- Wikipedia charts: Drug-related death statistics. See the upload page.
- Overdose Death Rates. National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Charts.
- These Are the Drugs That Cause the Most Overdose Deaths. Chart.
- Our nation’s drug overdose problem, in five bleak charts.
- How the opioid epidemic became America’s worst drug crisis ever, in 15 maps and charts.