|News. - 2018 global events.2017.|
|See: More news. Archive. News sources. Facebook: Global Marijuana March . Hashtags: . Twitter: .
American Holy Wars on brown people worldwide.
- Share links: Wars - Wars on demand - CIA. This article was written by Timeshifter. See also: Brutality and the Drug War. And: Race, ethnicity, and drug war.
The axis of evil Reagan-Bush wars, and fabricated wars, on demand. Including drug wars, and torture. Special discount for wars on brown people. A good movie: Syriana. See also: Reagan's war on cannabis. And: The U.S. drug war, Republicans lead. And: Race, ethnicity, and drug war.
|George Carlin: Youtube: George Carlin: "We Like War!" 1992. "Especially if your country's full of brown people." (1 min 20 sec in. Direct link there). Bush's "crusade".|
|Drug war is also profitable: Prison companies, guard unions, law schools, courthouse construction|
|Dick Cheney would like to thank you for your s̶e̶r̶v̶i̶c̶e̶ business. See Facebook comments|
- Remembering the Hoax That Helped Launch the U.S. Invasion, and Later Disintegration, of Iraq. By Knut Royce. Huffington Post. See Wikipedia: Niger uranium forgeries. It's all about the yellowcake uranium.
- At Least Trump Got One Thing Right. There Were No WMDs in Iraq. By Brian Glyn Williams. Huffington Post. April 5, 2016.
- Donald Trump Accuses George W. Bush Of Lying To Invade Iraq. 13 Feb 2016. Huffington Post.
- Lies by Bush and Cheney in the runup to the Iraq War .
- Wikipedia: Rationale for the Iraq War. And: Downing Street memo. And: Niger uranium forgeries. And: Iraqi aluminum tubes. And: United Nations Security Council Resolution 1441.
- Jeb Bush Confronted By College Student: 'Your Brother Created ISIS'. May 13, 2015.
- The CIA Just Declassified the Document That Supposedly Justified the Iraq Invasion. . March 19, 2015.
- Charts: Bush Lowballed Us on Iraq by $6 Trillion. By Tasneem Raja. March 19, 2013. Mother Jones.
- Lie by Lie: A Timeline of How We Got Into Iraq. September/October 2006 issue of Mother Jones. By Jonathan Stein and Tim Dickinson. "Mushroom clouds, duct tape, Judy Miller, Curveball. Recalling how Americans were sold a bogus case for invasion."
- America's gulag. By Stephen Grey. 17 May 2004. New Statesman. America's system of worldwide extraordinary rendition and torture.
- Flashback: Rep. Bernie Sanders Opposes Iraq War. October 9, 2002, then-Rep. Bernie Sanders made this statement on the floor of the House of Representatives.
Reagan's War on Cannabis
Republican-led big spending on drug war.
Wikipedia: Plan Mexico, (and before):
- When the War on Drugs in Mexico Comes Back Home to the U.S. - In These Times. By Rebecca Gordon. March 23, 2015. "The Pentagon and CIA are also involved in Mexico in significant ways." Read the article.
- U.S. role at a crossroads in Mexico’s intelligence war on the cartels. April 27, 2013. Washington Post. By Dana Priest. "Back then, the Mexican intelligence service, CISEN, 'was basically run by the CIA,' according to one former CISEN official. Although that has changed with time, the unusually close relationship between Mexican presidents and CIA chiefs has not."
- Mexico Is Trying To Win Its War On Drugs By Using More Torture. Sept 4, 2014 in Mint Press News.
- Torture in Mexico is 'Out of Control' According to Amnesty International. Sept 9, 2014 in Vice magazine.
Chicago's black sites and torture
- Google search: CIA's Phoenix Program in Vietnam.
- A Chronicle of Woe: US Policing Culture From Iraq and Vietnam to Jon Burge's Chicago. April 27, 2015. Truthout.
- Cop accused of brutally torturing black suspects costs Chicago $5.5 million. April 15, 2015. Washington Post. "In its 2005 profile of Burge, the Chicago Reader suggests Burge may have honed his torture techniques on suspected Vietcong soldiers and sympathizers. Multiple members of Burge’s Ninth Military Police Company told the newspaper that they had either witnessed or heard of interrogations using a 'field phone' similar to the black box Burge would later be accused of using. In what they called 'the Bell telephone hour,' soldiers would shock prisoners in an attempt to obtain information."
- On May 6, 2015 Chicago City Council voted to become the first in the nation to create a reparations fund for victims of police torture. At Chicago's various "black sites" over decades. Drug war POWs involved too. "Burge and his 'midnight crew' of detectives on the city's South Side used electric shock, beatings, suffocation and even Russian roulette to coerce confessions out of suspects. The city has already paid more than $100 million in judgments and legal settlements to some victims."
- Google News searches: Chicago torture. And: Homan Square. Do a general web search too.
- Gitmo Torturer Practiced as Chicago Cop. Feb. 18, 2015. .
- Inside Chicago's legacy of police abuse: violence 'as routine as traffic lights' . March 3, 2015. The Guardian.
- Homan Square . The Guardian. "Guardian investigation details allegations of abuse inside a secretive facility operated by the Chicago police department."
- Homan Square: politicians push DoJ to investigate 'CIA or Gestapo tactics' at secret police site. March 19, 2015. The Guardian.
- How Chicago police used marijuana to disappear young people at Homan Square. March 11, 2015. The Guardian.
- The disappeared: Chicago police detain Americans at abuse-laden 'black site' | US news . Feb. 24, 2015. The Guardian.
Gulf War I
"Incredibly, even as some American officials were adamant that the U.S. had no commitments to Kuwait, other senior Americans were reassuring top Kuwaitis that the U.S. was totally in their corner, and urged them not to buckle to the Iraqi leader's demands. One of those was General Norman Schwartzkopf, then American commander for the Gulf region, who personally told Kuwaiti officials that the U.S. had their back. The director of the CIA was also encouraging Kuwaiti them to keep the economic strangle hold on Saddam. ... To convince the Saudis of that threat, then Secretary of Defense Dick Cheney flew to Riyadh. He took with him satellite photographs that supposedly showed Iraqi armored forces massed in offensive positions, ready to strike the Saudis. ... After the invasion, a number of news organizations obtained commercial satellite photographs of Iraqi forces in Kuwait and had them examined by skilled photo analysts, veterans of the U.S. intelligence community. They found no signs of the supposed massive Iraqi troop build up anywhere near the Saudi border; nor for that matter anywhere in Kuwait."
Iraq invaded Kuwait in August 1990. On October 10, 1990, a young Kuwaiti girl known only as "Nayirah" appeared in front of a congressional committee and testified that she witnessed the mass murdering of infants, when Iraqi soldiers had snatched them out of hospital incubators and threw them on the floor to die. Her testimony became a lead item in newspapers, radio and TV all over the US. The story was eventually exposed as a fabrication in December 1992, in a CBC-TV program called To Sell a War. Nayirah was revealed to be the daughter of Kuwait's ambassador to the United States, and actually hadn't seen the "atrocities" she described take place; the PR firm Hill & Knowlton, which had been hired by the Kuwaiti government to encourage American intervention in the war, had heavily promoted her testimony.
Deaths surrounding advanced research
- The Mystery of the Marconi Deaths. By Nick Redfern. Mysterious Universe. More info. "Dozens of scientists and technicians – all working on highly-classified programs, and all linked to one, particular company – dead under highly controversial and unusual circumstances. It’s a controversy that ran from the early 1980s to 1991 and remains unresolved to this very day."
|"Just seven days after Greenhalgh and Gooding died, and only a short distance away, a woman named Shani Warren took her last breaths. Warren worked for Micro Scope, a company taken over by Marconi just weeks later. Despite being found in just a foot and a half of water, and with a gag in her mouth, her feet bound, and her hands tied behind her back, the official verdict was – wholly outrageously – suicide."|
Bay of Pigs
- C.I.A.: Maker of Policy, or Tool?  April 25, 1966. New York Times. "President Kennedy, as the enormity of the Bay of Pigs disaster came home to him, said to one of the highest officials of his administration that he wanted 'to splinter the CIA in a thousand pieces and scatter it to the winds'. ... In the 19 years that the CIA has been in existence, 150 resolutions for tighter congressional control have been introduced - and put aside."
Oswald may have been involved, but certainly not alone.
- Yes, the CIA director was part of the JFK assassination cover up. By Philip Shenon. 7 Oct 2015. Politico. "Half a century after JFK’s death, in a once-secret report written in 2013 by the CIA’s top in-house historian and quietly declassified last fall, the spy agency acknowledges what others were convinced of long ago: that McCone and other senior CIA officials were 'complicit' in keeping 'incendiary' information from the Warren Commission."
- CIA 'covered up JFK assassination' as secret report 'reveals spy boss withheld "incendiary" information'. 8 Oct 2015. Daily Mirror.
- Inside the plot to kill JFK: The secret story of the CIA and what really happened in Dallas. 22 Nov 2015. Salon. By David Talbot, the founder of Salon. CIA and Mafia hit men. JFK. How many more confessions do we need? CIA starts wars. Killed foreign leaders.
- Why CIA’s Richard Helms Lied About Oswald: Part 1. And Part 2. December 23 and 27, 2015. By Peter Dale Scott.
- Wikipedia: JMWAVE.
- Robert F. Kennedy Jr. said that he was convinced that Lee Harvey Oswald was not solely responsible for the assassination of his uncle, President John F. Kennedy; and said his father Robert Kennedy was "fairly convinced" that others besides Oswald were involved in his brother's assassination and privately believed the Warren Commission report was a "shoddy piece of craftsmanship." Kennedy was nine years old when President Kennedy was assassinated and 14 years old when his father was assassinated.
- C.I.A.: Maker of Policy, or Tool?  April 25, 1966. New York Times. "Senator Eugene J. McCarthy, Democrat of Minnesota, has charged that the agency 'is making foreign policy and in so doing is assuming the roles of President and Congress'." See CIA attacks on North Vietnam that preceded the Gulf of Tonkin incident and the war-enabling Gulf of Tonkin Resolution.
- Forbidden Book: Douglas Valentine’s “The Phoenix Program: America’s Use of Terror in Vietnam”. "Never has such an in-depth look at a major CIA operation been written. ... The Phoenix Program itself was created by the CIA as a way to coordinate numerous counterinsurgency programs during the Vietnam war, using methods of blanket surveillance, kidnapping and extrajudicial detention, interrogation and torture, and the paramilitarization of the police. The goal, beyond gathering of intelligence, was to eliminate — via murder, mass use of informants, and terror."
Treason. Nixon and Kissinger sabotaged 1968 pre-election truce
- George Will Confirms Nixon's Vietnam Treason. August 12, 2014. By Bob Fitrakis, Harvey Wasserman. Common Dreams. From the article (emphasis added):
|In the four years between the  sabotage and what Kissinger termed “peace at hand” just prior to the 1972 election, more than 20,000 US troops died in Vietnam. More than 100,000 were wounded. More than a million Vietnamese were killed.
But in 1973, Kissinger was given the Nobel Peace Prize for negotiating the same settlement he helped sabotage in 1968.
Brazilian military government
- "The CIA performed psyops against Goulart, performed character assassination, pumped money into opposition groups, and enlisted the help of the Agency for International Development and the AFL-CIO. The 1964 Brazilian coup d'état exiled Goulart and the military dictatorship of Humberto de Alencar Castelo Branco took over."
- The U.S. Spent Decades Teaching Torture Techniques To Brazil. Dec. 10, 2014. BuzzFeed. A Pentagon manual from the 1980s revealed in 1996 showed that the American instructors "recommended interrogation techniques like torture, execution, blackmail and arresting the relatives of those being questioned."
1953 Iran. Overthrow of democracy
- It’s time to release the real history of the 1953 Iran coup. By Malcom Byrne. 15 Oct 2016. Politico.
- CIA finally admits it masterminded Iran’s 1953 coup. August 20, 2013. RT USA.
- Wikipedia: 1953 Iranian coup d'état.
1973 Chile. Overthrow of democracy
The Bourne Identity. The Real Story
- The Bourne Identity. The Real Story. 2009 on History channel in the United Kingdom, and 2010 on the Smithsonian Channel in the US. "See how covert CIA agents, as portrayed in the Bourne Trilogy, operate outside of Hollywood...and often outside the law." See more info. See video on Youtube.
Presidents have too much power
|Presidents have too much power.||Johnson: Vietnam War, Warren Commission. Nixon: War on Drugs. Reagan: Mandatory minimum sentencing and mass incarceration. -- Video. Bush 1: More mass incarceration.|
Cannabis is safer
|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech 1: "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that , whatever you want to call it, is probably , and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."|
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Presidents alone can not reschedule it
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
Neither the president nor the Attorney General can reschedule marijuana by themselves.  . The two of them together also can not do so. See Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act. See "Process" section.
Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
USA. Republican-led war on cannabis
The Cannabis War is over and the U.S. Republican Party has lost. They may not know it yet, so keep marching, lobbying, and voting! Please register and vote! See: Reagan's War on Cannabis. And: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Alternatives to Republican-led mass incarceration.
New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes a bill that would have allowed medical marijuana for opioid addiction. April 7, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes the 911 Good Samaritan Overdose Prevention Bill. April 7, 2017. And: Idaho's Republican governor vetoes a broadly-supported asset forfeiture reform bill. April 7, 2017.Jan. 29, 2018. And:
- Missouri's Republican governor signs state law lowering St. Louis minimum wage. . July 3, 2017. And: Iowa's Republican governor signs law overturning local minimum wage increases. March 30, 2017.
Drug war, mass incarceration, control
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. 2.3. Jail costs a lot more than unpaid fines. Use community service instead, and save tax money on jail and janitorial work. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money. And: Senator Kamela Harris push for bail reform.|
|Rundle Won't Charge Prison Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death for 2 Hours in Shower. Death Ruled An Accident. Documents Show They Omitted Key Details. Florida inmate in for cocaine possession. 2345. Due to lack of single-payer universal healthcare the mentally ill end up incarcerated and untreated. Prison costs far more than caring for them to begin with. For their non-violent offenses three-quarters of Americans favor ‘rehabilitation’ over jail time, survey finds. |
Felon disenfranchisement & gerrymandering
Republican-led big spending on drug war
GOP-led spending on endless ground wars
U.S. infrastructure badly needs this money
- America's infrastructure is falling apart — here's a look at how bad things have gotten By Cadie Thompson. Feb. 12, 2018. Business Insider.
- More than 50,000 American bridges are falling apart. Jan. 29, 2018, by Conor Ferguson. NBC News.
U.S. household debt at all time high
Black upward-pointing line is student debt. Cumulative percent increase over time:
U.S. middle class wealth has collapsed
- Income Inequality Is At The Highest Level In American History. By Bryce Covert. July 1, 2016. ThinkProgress. "Incomes for the 99 percent have only recovered about 60 percent of what they lost. But the rich are doing great. ... They captured more than half of all the income growth in the country."
Canadian middle class has surpassed USA
The American Middle Class Is No Longer the World’s Richest. Canada passes US in middle-class wealth. Median after-tax middle-class income in Canada is higher. . By David Leonhardt and Kevin Quealy. April 22, 2014. New York Times. Why? One reason is that Canadians pay so much less for far better healthcare. And:
Many nations surpassed US middle class
See Median wealth is exactly in the middle. 50% of adults have more, and 50% of adults have less. Wealth is all assets (money, stocks, property, etc.) minus all debts.
Tables - Credit Suisse. Scroll down to XLS links. Download the Complete Wealth per Adult Data by Country for 2016 and 2017 (XLS). This was used to create the table to the right. This is only part of the table. See also: Commons:Convert tables and charts to wiki code or image files. Note that USA is number 24 in median wealth per adult in the table below. Canada is number 13.
USA. Richest 10% Own 84% of All Stocks
- The Richest 10% of Americans Now Own 84% of All Stocks. Dec. 19, 2017. Time (magazine). "The top 10% of American households, as defined by total wealth, now own 84% of all stocks in 2016, according to a recent paper by NYU economist Edward N. Wolff."
- Oxfam: 42 Billionaires Hold As Much Wealth As World’s Poorest 3.7 Billion. By Mary Papenfuss. Jan. 22, 2108. HuffPost.
Republicans refuse to raise minimum wage
- Republicans in several states are lowering the minimum wage — yes, you read that right. By Matthew Sheffield. July 9, 2017. Salon.
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on private-health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|Wikipedia: Population milestone babies.|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado led the way.. More info. 2.3..|
Canada has universal healthcare
Canada has single payer healthcare
- See: Canadian single-payer universal healthcare versus US healthcare. And: End drug war with universal healthcare. And: Canadian single-payer healthcare and Portuguese drug decriminalization.
|USA spent $3.2 trillion on healthcare in 2016. (2.3.4.). Canada spent half as much per person, and got better outcomes. Polls: Americans want single payer, and $1.6 trillion saved yearly. (22.214.171.124.6.)|
Canada has better health outcomes
- See health outcomes info: Canadian single-payer universal healthcare versus US healthcare.
| Country.||Life expectancy. 2015||Under-five mortality rate. 2016||Healthcare cost per person. (2). (US dollars. PPP)||Murder rate per 100,000. 2015|
|Canada||82.2 years. (2)||4.9 per 1000 births.||1.7|
|USA||79.3 years. (2)||6.5 per 1000 births.||4.9|
|Murder rate in Canada is lower due to far less handgun ownership.|
Average per capita healthcare cost in above chart includes all costs public and private. No deductibles on basic Canadian health care, and co-pays are extremely low or non-existent. And:
Canada passes US in middle-class wealth. Median after-tax middle-class income in Canada is higher. . Why? Canadians pay so much less for far better healthcare. And:
This massive wasteful healthcare spending in the USA (compared to other rich nations) accelerated in 1980 (see chart below). How? It happened because non-profit health insurance was taken over by for-profit health insurance companies. They get a cut of all wasteful healthcare spending. The more wasteful, the more profits. Such as exorbitant drug pricing, expensive medical devices, overuse of emergency rooms. It is similar to how for-profit prison companies have an incentive to fill more beds, rather than rehabilitate prisoners.
Non-profit health insurance, and single payer healthcare, do not have these perverse incentives. So they tend to use more early preventive care that requires far fewer expensive drugs, devices, and visits to the emergency room and urgent care. Healthcare, like roads, should be publicly financed, and privately built. Private health insurance, like private toll road companies, are a kind of middleman mafia that skims profits, and shuffles papers, but don't actually do any real work.
Chart below shows the percentage of the GDP (national economy) spent on all healthcare costs (public and private) by year for some countries. Note that around 1980 US healthcare costs skyrocketed compared to other rich countries (all of which have universal healthcare, unlike the USA).
Source for above chart: Are any conservatives in the US for a single payer and a universal health care system, or can they not coexist? Chart is from comment around March 11, 2017 by Dan Munro, "author of Casino Healthcare, and Forbes contributor".
Each 10 million US uninsured equals
10,000 more deaths yearly. Also:
- Bernie Sanders' projection of 'thousands' of deaths from lost health coverage is well-supported. By Louis Jacobson. June 27, 2017. Politifact. See article sidebar for many sources. .
10,000 die waiting for disability yearly
- 10,000 people died waiting for a disability decision in the past year. Will he be next? By Terrence McCoy. Nov. 20, 2017. Washington Post. "10,000 people died in the past year while stuck in a backlog of judges’ disability cases. ... they can’t work while they wait if they want to be approved."
With Single-Payer Universal Healthcare people get healthcare no matter how much they work or not. And it doesn't matter if they lose their job, or change employers. People don't have to show they are totally disabled to get adequate healthcare. People can try to work now and then as much as their disability allows them, and not lose their healthcare. And they get drug treatment on demand if their pill use gets out of hand.
Portugal has universal healthcare
Portugal decriminalized all drugs
Portugal has drug treatment for all
- See: Canadian single-payer universal healthcare versus US healthcare. And: Canadian single-payer healthcare and Portuguese drug decriminalization. And:
Portugal has decriminalized all drugs. Like Canada it has universal healthcare. See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal and Wikipedia: Health in Portugal. Nearly all of the European Union (EU) has universal healthcare. . See: List of countries with universal health care.
2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article. As is the quote below:
In 2016 the USA had 185 overdose deaths per million people. <~~ See chart in article, and a similar chart below.
- Overdose stats for the rest of the world.
- Wikipedia charts: Drug-related death statistics. See the upload page.
- Overdose Death Rates. National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Charts.
- These Are the Drugs That Cause the Most Overdose Deaths. Chart.
- Our nation’s drug overdose problem, in five bleak charts.
- How the opioid epidemic became America’s worst drug crisis ever, in 15 maps and charts.
Remove Republicans in 2018 vote
- See also: Republican-led Drug War. And: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Alternatives to Republican-led mass incarceration. And: Cost of Republican-led U.S. drug war. And: Reagan's war on cannabis.And: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality.
When Active-Duty Service Members Struggle To Feed Their Families. April 19, 2017. NPR.
Dec. 19, 2017 article.
|Republican tax bill hurts the poor more than originally thought, Congressional Budget Office finds.||"By 2019, Americans earning less than $30,000 a year would be worse off under the Senate bill, CBO found. By 2021, Americans earning $40,000 or less would be net losers, and by 2027, most people earning less than $75,000 a year would be worse off. On the flip side, millionaires and those earning $100,000 to $500,000 would be big beneficiaries".|
|2 polls: Only 29% of Americans approve of Republican tax plan. 2.|
Dec. 17, 2017. New York Times.
|A or F? How Congress scores on marijuana. 2. By Danielle Keane, NORML political director. 2016. "Of the 233 Democrats in Congress, 208 members (89.3 percent) received a passing grade of a 'C' or higher. Of the 302 Republicans in Congress, 102 members (33.8 percent) received a passing grade of a 'C' or higher." For your state see: Congressional Scorecard. NORML. Grading was based upon members' voting records.|
| Country.||Life expectancy (years). 2015||Under-five mortality rate per 1000 live births. 2016||Maternal mortality rate per 100,000 live births. 2015||Per capita expenditure on health. Public and private costs. USD - PPP. 2016||Healthcare costs as a percent of GDP. 2016||% of health costs paid by government. 2016|
|1.||2.||3. 4. 5.||6.||7. 8.||9. 10.|
|See National Public Radio covering this? Why aren't All Things Considered?. Why isn't|
Independents greatly outnumber Democrats or Republicans in the USA. If anti-cannabis Republicans are to be voted out of power, then all Democrat primaries need to be opened to independents. See Wikipedia: Open primaries in the United States. And: Wikipedia: Blanket primary. And: Wikipedia: Nonpartisan blanket primary.
|USA spent $3.2 trillion on healthcare in 2016. (2.3.4.). Canada spent half as much per person, and got better outcomes. Polls: Americans want single payer, and $1.6 trillion saved yearly. (126.96.36.199.6.)|