- Share link: www.cannabis.wikia.com/toronto
Vermont's Republican Governor Scott Vetoes Marijuana Legalization bill of Democrat legislature. And: Democrats pick up two GOP-held legislative seats, the first flips of the Trump era. And: Trump Called Rodrigo Duterte to Congratulate Him on His Murderous Drug War: “You Are Doing an Amazing Job”. . And: California. Single-Payer Would Cost A Third of Current Health Care Costs Per Family. And: And: American Legion to Trump: Allow marijuana research for vets. . And: Marijuana convictions go up in smoke with California legalization. And:
'The Drug Whisperer': Drivers arrested while stone cold sober by dumbass Georgia cops. And: Willie Nelson to Jeff Sessions: Smoke Some Pot. And: Cannabis may help wean people off crack, study finds. And: Trump thinks health insurance costs $15 a month. And: Doctors hate Trumpcare. And: Prison healthcare, deaths. And: At heated North Dakota town hall watch a man stuff money into shirt Of GOP Congressman Who Voted To Repeal Obamacare. . And: Jeff Sessions Rolls Back Obama-Era Drug Sentencing Reforms. Harsher punishments for low-level drug crimes. .
Poll: Bernie Sanders is most popular U.S. politician . And: Bernie Sanders And Democrats Introduce A New $15 Minimum Wage Bill. And: And: Patrick Stewart Reveals He Uses Marijuana Daily To Help With Arthritis Symptoms. And: Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard Calls For Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition.
. Among current users: 14% Republican, 43% Democrats, 42% independents. And: . And: Smoke pot in Oregon? Your name now protected from feds. And: And: She also vetoed the 911 Good Samaritan Overdose Prevention Bill. And: Idaho's Republican governor vetoes a broadly-supported asset forfeiture reform bill.
For The First Time Ever, The Federal Government Is Referring To Marijuana As Medicine. And: Bernie Sanders: Americans pay highest prices for pharmaceutical drugs in the world. And: Canada has universal health care, and higher minimum wage than USA.And:
The disease killing white Americans goes way deeper than opioids. . And: Trump's Health Care Plan Could Exacerbate Opioid Epidemic, But Medical Marijuana Could Help. . And: Former premiers and Australian police chiefs call for drug decriminalisation. . And: NPR: Former Drug Czar Says GOP Health Bill Would Cut Access To Addiction Treatment.
17,000 more people annually could die in 2018 if Trumpcare becomes law. 14 million more people uninsured in 2018. 24 million in 2026. 29,000 more dead annually in 2026. And: and See chart below. USA versus top ten healthiest nations. . List of countries with universal health care.
Quinnipiac poll: 71% oppose enforcing federal marijuana laws in states where the drug is legal. And: Canada. Human rights board orders insurer to pay medical marijuana costs in precedent-setting case .
Canada passes US in middle-class wealth. Median after-tax middle-class income in Canada is higher. . One reason why: Canadians pay so much less for far better healthcare.And:
Repealing the Affordable Care Act will kill more than 43,000 people annually, and 30 million will lose their healthcare coverage. Physicians for a National Health Program. And: A Trump Fan Cheering Obamacare Repeal Just Found Out He’s On Obamacare. Hilarity Ensues. And: 15 charts that show how Obamacare works now — and how Republicans would overhaul it.
Social media, Facebook Edit
- Official Toronto Global Marijuana March.
- The Official Toronto Global Marijuana March Group.
- Toronto Freedom Festival.
- Vapor Central.
- Toronto Hash Mob.
- Marijuana Toronto (Canada).
- C.A.L.M. Cannabis as Living Medicine.
- Treating Yourself Magazine and Expo.
- Hotbox Cafe.
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2017, 2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos.|
- Ontario. Cannabis-related links.
- Canada. Cannabis-related links
- globalmarijuanamarch.com and globalmarijuanamarch.ca - Toronto Global Marijuana March.
- CALM - Cannabis as Living Medicine - Dispensary Toronto.
- Upcoming Events - Cannabis Culture Forums.
- Google: Toronto marijuana march. Images. Videos.
- YouTube: Toronto marijuana march.
- Budsglobal.com - Cannabis in Toronto | Marijuana in Toronto. See forum, too.
- Toronto Hemp Company
- Treating Yourself Magazine and Expo
- Vape On The Lake
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Toronto.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Toronto.
- Wikitravel: Toronto.
- WeBeHigh.org - Toronto.
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 888 different cities have participated from 80 different nations or subnational areas since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
See GMM: basic city lists, detailed city lists, graphics, photos, maps, regions, links, years. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondial du Cannabis. And: Global Marijuana March.
|2017, 2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos.|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
GMM, May 11:
- Fusicology Events - 4:20 2013Hotbox 10TH annual 4:20 Bashment !!!!!!!!!!!!
- World's largest marijuana march keeps on growing - Cannabis.ca.
- Photos: world best travel places: Global Marijuana March 2011.
- Toronto Freedom Festival Will Return to Queen's Park. Cannabis Culture Magazine.
- They Marched for Marijuana, Against the Drug War. StoptheDrugWar.org
- 2011 May 7. CTV News article, photos, and video. CTV Toronto - Tens of thousands march in favour of legalizing marijuana. Video for Toronto and some of the other Canadian cities that held 2011 GMM events.
- Facebook photos: 13th Toronto Global Marijuana March.
- Facebook photos: Global Marijuana March 2011.
- Facebook: marijuana march and freedom festival '10.
- Photos: GMM March - 2010.
- Photos: 4th Toronto Freedom Festival Photos By © ANDRÉ M Photography.
- Videos: VIDEO: 2010 Global Marijuana March | Cannabis Culture Magazine. Toronto and Vancouver videos embedded at the top. Followed by videos for other cities worldwide.
Toronto: Nieve tel 416 367-3459 info(at)cannabisweek.ca http://www.TorontoFreedomFestival.com Toronto Global Marijuana March Group PO Box 47023, STN 425, 220 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario M5B 2H1 Noon to 6 PM, Queens Park.
- Preview: Global Marijuana March Toronto 2009 | PartyAftermath.com.
- Media report: For the May 2, 2009 event the Toronto Star reported: "Police estimate roughly 12,000 people filled the north lawns of Queen's Park yesterday afternoon, with about 5,000 participating in a 2 p.m. march to decriminalize marijuana." - "High times at Freedom fest". May 3, 2009. By Trish Crawford. Toronto Star.
- Images, videos: cannabisclub.ca forums.
- Photos: CannabisClub.ca • View topic - Marijuana March 2009 Pix.
- Photos: 2009 toronto marijuana march - Flickr: Search.
- Photos: Global Marijuana March toronto Queens park 2009.
- Video: worldtv.com/tff
- Report, photos, videos: Toronto Freedom Festival 2009.
- Facebook: Global Marijuana March 2009.
Toronto: Nieve tel 416 367-3459 info(at) cannabisweek.ca http://www.TorontoFreedomFestival.com
- Facebook: T.F.F. 2008 - A Huge Success!
- Report: Global Marijuana March Hits Toronto: 20,000 Light up.
- Marc Emery at Toronto's Global Marijuana March/Freedom Festival May 3rd.
- Forum: May 3rd, Toronto Marijuana March + Freedom Festival.
- Media: "Pot fans rally in Big Smoke". By Paul Irish. May 4, 2008. Toronto Star.
- Facebook: Global Marijuana March. 2008.
- MySpace: Toronto Global Marijuana March. 2008.
- Media: *"Marijuana march in Toronto draws 20,000". May 5, 2007. Globe and Mail.
- Photos: toronto marijuana march 2007 - Flickr: Search.
- Video search: YouTube - toronto marijuana march 2007.
- Report (from old GMM site):
- Last Year the press reported 12,000. This Year CTV reported 20,000, and CITY TV mentioned doubled attendance than last year, while re-reporting the 12,000 estimate. So 20-25 thousand. Seems about right. However, there will be those who are sure there were 30-40 thousand, and at certain points the crown could have swelled to those levels.
- Marc Emery's Toronto estimates:
- My view, by the military statue, for Toronto was 6,000 - 8,000 at any one time at Queen's Park, 7,000 or so in the march, and possibly 20,000 over the course of 5 hours.
- Photos and forum: Global Marijuana March TORONTO 2006 - SkyscraperCity.
- Photos: Slide shows by calmsandra.
- Photos: Global Marijuana March - a set on Flickr.
- Video: Million Marijuana March.
- Video: Where can I find pot? (documentary).
- Video search: YouTube - toronto marijuana march 2006.
- Report (from old GMM site):
This was year was the 8th annual event for the global marijuana march in Toronto. It has always been peaceful without any arrests. This year we attracted over !!!25,000 people!!!. There were plain clothed police making sure no one was trafficking, and uniformed police simply kept the peace and were courteous and professional. There were no arrests (again) and there were no incidences of violence (again).
The event was billed as a cultural event and everyone had lots of fun with 2 stages, 25 musicians, belly dancer, fire spinners, djembi drummers and only a handful of security guards. There were over 30 booths (stations) from various sponsors across Canada. The hot dog vendor and pizza guy sold out of food.
The organizers this year formed a not-for-profit organization and they worked very successfully with all municipal officials and vendors. The parade through downtown Toronto was about 10,000 people strong, which only gave the marchers a very bad case of the munchies.
Next year can only be bigger - we invite all cities to network with Toronto's event to produce a truly globalizing event.
|May 6, 2006 Global Marijuana March. Toronto. Youtube link.|
|File:Million Marijuana March||May 6, 2006 Global Marijuana March. Toronto. Metacafe link.|
|Toronto May 6, 2006. Global Marijuana March. Music, photo, and flyer. Photo is from 2006 march photo collection. Song is Marijuana (Fifth Element Riddim) by Richie Spice. YouTube link.|
Go to YouTube page. It has song lyrics (click "more info" link on the right). From 50 seconds into the song (repeats at 2 minutes 35 seconds into the song):
"... it's di king of di forest babylon they don like it
they chop it up they heap it up an den dem destroy it
they stick you up they lock you up they take it for a crime
when it's the healin of the nation
bet you neva know
healin of the nation
- Reports, photos: Cannabis culture as part of the sixth Global Million Marijuana March.
2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 Edit
May 6, 2017, Saturday, or thereabouts. And April 20 (4/20), or thereabouts. Rallies and marches overall change public opinion for the better! See: Cannabis polls.
- 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. - Worldwide.
- USA. 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 city list. - USA.
- 420 event lists. - Worldwide.
|US states that have legalized|
as of November 2016 election.
Cannabis is safer Edit
|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech 1: "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."|
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Presidents can not reschedule it Edit
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
The president alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
Drug war, control, mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. 2. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money.|
|Rundle Won't Charge Prison Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death for 2 Hours in Shower. Death Ruled An Accident. Documents Show They Omitted Key Details. Florida inmate in for cocaine possession. 2345. Due to lack of single-payer universal healthcare the mentally ill end up incarcerated and untreated. Prison costs far more than caring for them to begin with. For their non-violent offenses three-quarters of Americans favor ‘rehabilitation’ over jail time, survey finds. |
Green love Edit
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|
Single-Payer. Half the cost of Trumpcare Edit
Portugal. Few die of overdose Edit
Portugal has decriminalized all drugs. Like Canada it has universal healthcare. See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal and Wikipedia: Health in Portugal. Nearly all of the European Union (EU) has universal healthcare. . See: List of countries with universal health care.
Source for above chart: Are any conservatives in the US for a single payer and a universal health care system, or can they not coexist? Chart is from comment around March 11, 2017 by Dan Munro, "author of Casino Healthcare and Forbes contributor".
The $0 Alternative To Trumpcare. See chart below. USA versus top ten healthiest nations.
Canada passes US in middle-class wealth. Median after-tax middle-class income in Canada is higher. . Why? Canadians pay so much less for far better healthcare. And:
2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article.
"The country has 3 overdose deaths per million citizens, compared to the EU average of 17.3."
- Overdose stats for the rest of the world.
- Wikipedia charts: Drug-related death statistics. See the upload page.
- Overdose Death Rates. National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Charts.
- These Are the Drugs That Cause the Most Overdose Deaths. Chart.
- Our nation’s drug overdose problem, in five bleak charts.
- How the opioid epidemic became America’s worst drug crisis ever, in 15 maps and charts.
USA. Republican-led drug war Edit
New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes a bill that would have allowed medical marijuana for opioid addiction. April 7, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes the 911 Good Samaritan Overdose Prevention Bill. April 7, 2017. And: Idaho's Republican governor vetoes a broadly-supported asset forfeiture reform bill. April 7, 2017.