- Share link: www.cannabis.wikia.com/toronto
|See 2014 Global Cannabis March, and 420 city lists.|
- Republicans fear 2016. "The Blue Wall is a block of states that no Republican Presidential candidate can realistically hope to win. ... Voter turnout was awful. It was more awful for the Democrats but the GOP won 52 percent of 35 percent of the vote: in other words their mandate is 17 percent of the registered electorate (and 13 percent of those eligible to vote)."
- New York City: Democrat Mayor de Blasio seeks mail-in payment for pot fines. He stopped Bloomberg's policy of arresting tens of thousands of brown people yearly for cannabis possession. . See Saturday Night Live video.
- UK conservatives like drug war , and taxing and pillaging the poor and middle class . Similarly, the US drug war is part of Republican war on the poor.
Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech : "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."
- Republicans crushed in Oregon. Cannabis made legal . Presidential candidate from Oregon could end cannabis prohibition in 2016. Pew Poll shows support for legalization has increased 11 points since 2010. See Why Prisons Thrive . Also, record wealth inequality . See above charts.
- Marijuana and minimum wage won big on Tuesday. Exit polls: 63% of voters believe economic system generally favors wealthy.
- Minimum Wage Measures Pass Easily in Four Red (Republican) States.
- Election 2014: Americans Ready to End the War on Drugs.
- It’s official: Marijuana has gone mainstream. Alaska: 74 percent of Democrats. Only 30 percent of Republicans.
|More cannabis-related links, city lists, and graphics.|
Social media, Facebook Edit
- Official Toronto Global Marijuana March.
- The Official Toronto Global Marijuana March Group.
- Toronto Freedom Festival.
- Vapor Central.
- Toronto Hash Mob.
- Marijuana Toronto (Canada).
- C.A.L.M. Cannabis as Living Medicine.
- Treating Yourself Magazine and Expo.
- Hotbox Cafe.
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
- Ontario. Cannabis-related links.
- Canada. Cannabis-related links
- globalmarijuanamarch.com and globalmarijuanamarch.ca - Toronto Global Marijuana March.
- CALM - Cannabis as Living Medicine - Dispensary Toronto.
- Upcoming Events - Cannabis Culture Forums.
- Google: Toronto marijuana march. Images. Videos.
- YouTube: Toronto marijuana march.
- Budsglobal.com - Cannabis in Toronto | Marijuana in Toronto. See forum, too.
- Toronto Hemp Company
- Treating Yourself Magazine and Expo
- Vape On The Lake
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Toronto.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Toronto.
- Wikitravel: Toronto.
- WeBeHigh.org - Toronto.
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 845 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
Right-click any region for its city list.
GMM, May 11:
- Fusicology Events - 4:20 2013Hotbox 10TH annual 4:20 Bashment !!!!!!!!!!!!
- World's largest marijuana march keeps on growing - Cannabis.ca.
- Photos: world best travel places: Global Marijuana March 2011.
- Toronto Freedom Festival Will Return to Queen's Park. Cannabis Culture Magazine.
- They Marched for Marijuana, Against the Drug War. StoptheDrugWar.org
- 2011 May 7. CTV News article, photos, and video. CTV Toronto - Tens of thousands march in favour of legalizing marijuana. Video for Toronto and some of the other Canadian cities that held 2011 GMM events.
- Facebook photos: 13th Toronto Global Marijuana March.
- Facebook photos: Global Marijuana March 2011.
- Facebook: marijuana march and freedom festival '10.
- Photos: GMM March - 2010.
- Photos: 4th Toronto Freedom Festival Photos By © ANDRÉ M Photography.
- Videos: VIDEO: 2010 Global Marijuana March | Cannabis Culture Magazine. Toronto and Vancouver videos embedded at the top. Followed by videos for other cities worldwide.
Toronto: Nieve tel 416 367-3459 info(at)cannabisweek.ca http://www.TorontoFreedomFestival.com Toronto Global Marijuana March Group PO Box 47023, STN 425, 220 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario M5B 2H1 Noon to 6 PM, Queens Park.
- Preview: Global Marijuana March Toronto 2009 | PartyAftermath.com.
- Media report: For the May 2, 2009 event the Toronto Star reported: "Police estimate roughly 12,000 people filled the north lawns of Queen's Park yesterday afternoon, with about 5,000 participating in a 2 p.m. march to decriminalize marijuana." - "High times at Freedom fest". May 3, 2009. By Trish Crawford. Toronto Star.
- Images, videos: cannabisclub.ca forums.
- Photos: CannabisClub.ca • View topic - Marijuana March 2009 Pix.
- Photos: 2009 toronto marijuana march - Flickr: Search.
- Photos: Global Marijuana March toronto Queens park 2009.
- Video: worldtv.com/tff
- Report, photos, videos: Toronto Freedom Festival 2009.
- Facebook: Global Marijuana March 2009.
Toronto: Nieve tel 416 367-3459 info(at) cannabisweek.ca http://www.TorontoFreedomFestival.com
- Facebook: T.F.F. 2008 - A Huge Success!
- Report: Global Marijuana March Hits Toronto: 20,000 Light up.
- Marc Emery at Toronto's Global Marijuana March/Freedom Festival May 3rd.
- Forum: May 3rd, Toronto Marijuana March + Freedom Festival.
- Media: "Pot fans rally in Big Smoke". By Paul Irish. May 4, 2008. Toronto Star.
- Facebook: Global Marijuana March. 2008.
- MySpace: Toronto Global Marijuana March. 2008.
- Media: *"Marijuana march in Toronto draws 20,000". May 5, 2007. Globe and Mail.
- Photos: toronto marijuana march 2007 - Flickr: Search.
- Video search: YouTube - toronto marijuana march 2007.
- Report (from old GMM site):
- Last Year the press reported 12,000. This Year CTV reported 20,000, and CITY TV mentioned doubled attendance than last year, while re-reporting the 12,000 estimate. So 20-25 thousand. Seems about right. However, there will be those who are sure there were 30-40 thousand, and at certain points the crown could have swelled to those levels.
- Marc Emery's Toronto estimates:
- My view, by the military statue, for Toronto was 6,000 - 8,000 at any one time at Queen's Park, 7,000 or so in the march, and possibly 20,000 over the course of 5 hours.
- Photos and forum: Global Marijuana March TORONTO 2006 - SkyscraperCity.
- Photos: Slide shows by calmsandra.
- Photos: Global Marijuana March - a set on Flickr.
- Video: Million Marijuana March.
- Video: Where can I find pot? (documentary).
- Video search: YouTube - toronto marijuana march 2006.
- Report (from old GMM site):
This was year was the 8th annual event for the global marijuana march in Toronto. It has always been peaceful without any arrests. This year we attracted over !!!25,000 people!!!. There were plain clothed police making sure no one was trafficking, and uniformed police simply kept the peace and were courteous and professional. There were no arrests (again) and there were no incidences of violence (again).
The event was billed as a cultural event and everyone had lots of fun with 2 stages, 25 musicians, belly dancer, fire spinners, djembi drummers and only a handful of security guards. There were over 30 booths (stations) from various sponsors across Canada. The hot dog vendor and pizza guy sold out of food.
The organizers this year formed a not-for-profit organization and they worked very successfully with all municipal officials and vendors. The parade through downtown Toronto was about 10,000 people strong, which only gave the marchers a very bad case of the munchies.
Next year can only be bigger - we invite all cities to network with Toronto's event to produce a truly globalizing event.
|May 6, 2006 Global Marijuana March. Toronto. Youtube link.|
|300px||May 6, 2006 Global Marijuana March. Toronto. Metacafe link.|
|Toronto May 6, 2006. Global Marijuana March. Music, photo, and flyer. Photo is from 2006 march photo collection. Song is Marijuana (Fifth Element Riddim) by Richie Spice. YouTube link.|
Go to YouTube page. It has song lyrics (click "more info" link on the right). From 50 seconds into the song (repeats at 2 minutes 35 seconds into the song):
"... it's di king of di forest babylon they don like it
they chop it up they heap it up an den dem destroy it
they stick you up they lock you up they take it for a crime
when it's the healin of the nation
bet you neva know
healin of the nation
- Reports, photos: Cannabis culture as part of the sixth Global Million Marijuana March.
|More info, tips, links, and |
media of all kinds.
Note: Update any section of this page. Feel free to add sections for years, events, legal initiatives, history, people, organizations, gatherings, and so on. Add links and info of all kinds. Some sources: Category:Cannabis-related events, GMM yearly city lists, GMM links, wikipedia:Category:Cannabis activism, cannabis culture, etc.. Also, search the web (add city to search) for cannabis activism, groups, 420 events, harvest festival events, ballot initiatives, court cases, etc.. Add links for reports, articles, photos, graphics (posters, banners, flyers), videos, press, media coverage, etc.. Upload photos and graphics. You can help: Category:Work in progress. See also: Video help and search links.
Incarceration rates Edit
|See list of incarceration rates by country (b c). Compare the rates. Due to the Drug War the USA has the highest incarceration rate in the world. See cost of U.S. drug war: 1.5 trillion dollars! Let's Break the Taboo! Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
The purple elephant in the room:
Cost of drug warEdit
|Cost of U.S. drug war. Even $1.5 trillion dollars is conservative since many crimes are committed in order to get money for drugs. Correction costs alone averaged $30,600 per inmate in 2007. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Economics - Drug War Facts. See: 32 Reasons Why We Need To End The War On Drugs - Business Insider. See: The Budgetary Impact of Ending Drug Prohibition.|
Breaking the Taboo Edit
- Share link: taboo
Home Page (BreakingTheTaboo.info). More info . See TabooBreakers on Twitter. See Global Commission on Drug Policy and Facebook page. Quotes from video clips on the trailer: President Richard Nixon: "total war against public enemy number one". President Ronald Wilson Reagan: "When we say no to drugs it will be clear that we mean absolutely none". President George H.W. Bush: "Some think there won't be room for them in jail. We'll make room". Morgan Freeman: "Since 1971 2.5 trillion dollars have been spent on the War on Drugs". Look who's breaking the taboo: Richard Branson, Kate Winslet, Sam Branson, Morgan Freeman, and many more. See also: MarijuanaMajority.com. Share link. Full version in English is no longer available online. Hey Richard Branson, George Soros, or whoever, please buy it and put it back online!
Quentin Tarantino Edit
| Quentin Tarantino. Video:|
War on Drugs is Like Slavery.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- See Cannabis is safer.
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .