- Share link: www.cannabis.wikia.com/toronto
|See 2014, 2015 Global Cannabis March. Crowd photos.|
- Marijuana Legalization In Italy: 250 Italian Lawmakers Support Cannabis Decriminalization Proposal. And: Drug war failure: Greens want Portuguese model in Australia.
Social media, Facebook Edit
- Official Toronto Global Marijuana March.
- The Official Toronto Global Marijuana March Group.
- Toronto Freedom Festival.
- Vapor Central.
- Toronto Hash Mob.
- Marijuana Toronto (Canada).
- C.A.L.M. Cannabis as Living Medicine.
- Treating Yourself Magazine and Expo.
- Hotbox Cafe.
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
- Ontario. Cannabis-related links.
- Canada. Cannabis-related links
- globalmarijuanamarch.com and globalmarijuanamarch.ca - Toronto Global Marijuana March.
- CALM - Cannabis as Living Medicine - Dispensary Toronto.
- Upcoming Events - Cannabis Culture Forums.
- Google: Toronto marijuana march. Images. Videos.
- YouTube: Toronto marijuana march.
- Budsglobal.com - Cannabis in Toronto | Marijuana in Toronto. See forum, too.
- Toronto Hemp Company
- Treating Yourself Magazine and Expo
- Vape On The Lake
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Toronto.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Toronto.
- Wikitravel: Toronto.
- WeBeHigh.org - Toronto.
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 848 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
GMM, May 11:
- Fusicology Events - 4:20 2013Hotbox 10TH annual 4:20 Bashment !!!!!!!!!!!!
- World's largest marijuana march keeps on growing - Cannabis.ca.
- Photos: world best travel places: Global Marijuana March 2011.
- Toronto Freedom Festival Will Return to Queen's Park. Cannabis Culture Magazine.
- They Marched for Marijuana, Against the Drug War. StoptheDrugWar.org
- 2011 May 7. CTV News article, photos, and video. CTV Toronto - Tens of thousands march in favour of legalizing marijuana. Video for Toronto and some of the other Canadian cities that held 2011 GMM events.
- Facebook photos: 13th Toronto Global Marijuana March.
- Facebook photos: Global Marijuana March 2011.
- Facebook: marijuana march and freedom festival '10.
- Photos: GMM March - 2010.
- Photos: 4th Toronto Freedom Festival Photos By © ANDRÉ M Photography.
- Videos: VIDEO: 2010 Global Marijuana March | Cannabis Culture Magazine. Toronto and Vancouver videos embedded at the top. Followed by videos for other cities worldwide.
Toronto: Nieve tel 416 367-3459 info(at)cannabisweek.ca http://www.TorontoFreedomFestival.com Toronto Global Marijuana March Group PO Box 47023, STN 425, 220 Yonge Street, Toronto, Ontario M5B 2H1 Noon to 6 PM, Queens Park.
- Preview: Global Marijuana March Toronto 2009 | PartyAftermath.com.
- Media report: For the May 2, 2009 event the Toronto Star reported: "Police estimate roughly 12,000 people filled the north lawns of Queen's Park yesterday afternoon, with about 5,000 participating in a 2 p.m. march to decriminalize marijuana." - "High times at Freedom fest". May 3, 2009. By Trish Crawford. Toronto Star.
- Images, videos: cannabisclub.ca forums.
- Photos: CannabisClub.ca • View topic - Marijuana March 2009 Pix.
- Photos: 2009 toronto marijuana march - Flickr: Search.
- Photos: Global Marijuana March toronto Queens park 2009.
- Video: worldtv.com/tff
- Report, photos, videos: Toronto Freedom Festival 2009.
- Facebook: Global Marijuana March 2009.
Toronto: Nieve tel 416 367-3459 info(at) cannabisweek.ca http://www.TorontoFreedomFestival.com
- Facebook: T.F.F. 2008 - A Huge Success!
- Report: Global Marijuana March Hits Toronto: 20,000 Light up.
- Marc Emery at Toronto's Global Marijuana March/Freedom Festival May 3rd.
- Forum: May 3rd, Toronto Marijuana March + Freedom Festival.
- Media: "Pot fans rally in Big Smoke". By Paul Irish. May 4, 2008. Toronto Star.
- Facebook: Global Marijuana March. 2008.
- MySpace: Toronto Global Marijuana March. 2008.
- Media: *"Marijuana march in Toronto draws 20,000". May 5, 2007. Globe and Mail.
- Photos: toronto marijuana march 2007 - Flickr: Search.
- Video search: YouTube - toronto marijuana march 2007.
- Report (from old GMM site):
- Last Year the press reported 12,000. This Year CTV reported 20,000, and CITY TV mentioned doubled attendance than last year, while re-reporting the 12,000 estimate. So 20-25 thousand. Seems about right. However, there will be those who are sure there were 30-40 thousand, and at certain points the crown could have swelled to those levels.
- Marc Emery's Toronto estimates:
- My view, by the military statue, for Toronto was 6,000 - 8,000 at any one time at Queen's Park, 7,000 or so in the march, and possibly 20,000 over the course of 5 hours.
- Photos and forum: Global Marijuana March TORONTO 2006 - SkyscraperCity.
- Photos: Slide shows by calmsandra.
- Photos: Global Marijuana March - a set on Flickr.
- Video: Million Marijuana March.
- Video: Where can I find pot? (documentary).
- Video search: YouTube - toronto marijuana march 2006.
- Report (from old GMM site):
This was year was the 8th annual event for the global marijuana march in Toronto. It has always been peaceful without any arrests. This year we attracted over !!!25,000 people!!!. There were plain clothed police making sure no one was trafficking, and uniformed police simply kept the peace and were courteous and professional. There were no arrests (again) and there were no incidences of violence (again).
The event was billed as a cultural event and everyone had lots of fun with 2 stages, 25 musicians, belly dancer, fire spinners, djembi drummers and only a handful of security guards. There were over 30 booths (stations) from various sponsors across Canada. The hot dog vendor and pizza guy sold out of food.
The organizers this year formed a not-for-profit organization and they worked very successfully with all municipal officials and vendors. The parade through downtown Toronto was about 10,000 people strong, which only gave the marchers a very bad case of the munchies.
Next year can only be bigger - we invite all cities to network with Toronto's event to produce a truly globalizing event.
|May 6, 2006 Global Marijuana March. Toronto. Youtube link.|
|May 6, 2006 Global Marijuana March. Toronto. Metacafe link.|
|Toronto May 6, 2006. Global Marijuana March. Music, photo, and flyer. Photo is from 2006 march photo collection. Song is Marijuana (Fifth Element Riddim) by Richie Spice. YouTube link.|
Go to YouTube page. It has song lyrics (click "more info" link on the right). From 50 seconds into the song (repeats at 2 minutes 35 seconds into the song):
"... it's di king of di forest babylon they don like it
they chop it up they heap it up an den dem destroy it
they stick you up they lock you up they take it for a crime
when it's the healin of the nation
bet you neva know
healin of the nation
- Reports, photos: Cannabis culture as part of the sixth Global Million Marijuana March.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video. Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President of the USA.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015. Obama also said: "Last year you had the first time in 40 years where the crime rate and the incarceration rate went down at the same time."
- Holder's Legacy: Steering Away From the Drug War and Mass Incarceration. .
- U.S.: Attorney General Eric Holder Ends Incentive For Law Enforcement To Seize Property.
Reagan's war on cannabis Edit
|2015. The 70th anniversary of victory over fascism. The 35th anniversary of Reagan's war on cannabis.|
|Drug war + Trickle-down Reaganomics, = mass incarceration and mass control.|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech : "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."
Cost of drug warEdit
- See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Drug war charts and maps. See: cannabis arrests.
|See article: Drug war cost charts, infographics, and links.|
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|