|See 2014, 2015 Global Cannabis March, and 420 city lists.|
- Obama Goes Off And Demands Americans Confront The Issues Behind The Baltimore Riots. . "reforming our criminal justice system so it’s not just a pipeline from schools to prisons; so that we’re not rendering men in these communities unemployable because of a felony record for a nonviolent drug offense."
- 2015 GMM . Facebook: Global Marijuana March events by country. Facebook. USA. GMM by city.
- Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA: 40,000+. All drug offenses: 501,000+
- Republican governor Chris Christie: As President I'd 'Crack Down' On Weed.
- Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana . Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.
|2015. The 70th anniversary of victory over fascism. 35th anniversary of Reagan's war on cannabis.|
- Green Scene Productions Meetings and Events Calendar!
- Facebook: Green Scene Productions.
- Ontario. Cannabis-related links.
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Thunder Bay
- Wikipedia: Thunder Bay
- Wikitravel: Thunder Bay
- WeBeHigh.com - home page lists all cities.
- City page: Thunder Bay
Global Marijuana March (GMM) Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 848 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
Right-click any region for its city list.
Thunder Bay: Doug Thompson thomsgirlbrowneyes(at)hotmail.com 807-475-7436 General Delivery, Nolalu, Ontario POT 2K0, Canada May 1.
DIRECTIONS: MARCH + HACKY SACK COMPETITIONS + LOCAL ARTISTS
Stop the lies! End the prison state! Stop all cannabis arrests! Heal the sick! Release the Medicine! Cures not wars!
Thunder Bay, it's time to come together and show your support for cannabis and hemp on May 1, 2010 at 2:00pm (earlier event time) to 9:30pm! Meet at Waverly Park join in the rally!
The celebrations are all *free* and will feature LIVE MUSIC & COVER SONGS from:
Leo B Dope The Other Colour The Empire Strikes Back D.E.A.D. Black Sabbath Alaska Army Band The Dweezils The Auditor General Webster Death GFresh, the DJ for the day!
..AND special guest hacky sack freestyle judges NORRIS!
Stop by the Green Scene booth and pick up tickets that will save you $1 off the cover price for the NORRIS "NO MONEY NO ALBUM" CD FUNDRAISER down the street at 9:30pm at the Black Pirates Pub! A great way to keep the good times rolling.
PLUS EVEN MORE:
Free BBQ Petition Signing Cannabis & Hemp Museum Live Music *ANNOUNCING 10+ ACTS SOON* 4:20 DJ Countdown Local Artists Displays Family Play Zone
AND PROUDLY INTRODUCING..
Thunder Bay's First Hacky Sack Competiton! With special guest judges NORRIS! Titles and prizes to be won for... "Elimination": Think you can survive? "Longest Hack": Can you hack the longest? "Best Freestyle": Got the best tricks for NORRIS?
Hacky Sack Rules for Global Marijuana March Rally Waverly Park , May 1, 2010
1. “PIG” Elimination: Players stand in a circle, and the hacky sack is kicked, if you miss the sack (other than on a serve to someone else) you are out after 3 misses or 1. “P”, 2. “I”, 3. “G”. If the sack hits the middle or "no mans land" nobody is out. When there are 2 people left, the first person to get eliminated holds the sack, both players touch it, and the sack is thrown up. After throwing up, whoever misses the sack first/hits a bad hit is out.
2. Longest Hack: Players will be timed and whoever hacks for the longest before losing control and dropping hack will win a sweet prize!
3. Best Freestyle: Competitors have 90 seconds - 2 minutes to impress special guest judges NORRIS! These rules are loosely guided by the International Footbag Advisory Board and will help competitors prepare for their freestyle hack. Competitors will be judged on four criteria: 1.Presentation: Music & Movement (timing of moves to music and rhythm), Travel (use of area), Form (confidence), Linking (linking moves to create combinations), Personality & Originality (appeal of the player to the audience, artistic impression) 2.Composition: Different types of movies and how many successful technical moves. 3.Difficulty: The amount of technical difficulty and the amount of risk involved. 4.Execution: The technical execution of the routine in regards to a) drops (total loss of control) b) control (ability of player to control hacky sack) and c) form (manner and quality of execution).
- Freestyle Routine Music: Send routine music in MP3 format to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring a cd to the event. You can also hack to the music that will be playing at the event too.
Attention NORRIS FANS who attend the Global Hemp March will get $1 off the entry price into the NORRIS cd fundraiser show which is happening after the event.
To volunteer or join Green Scene e-mail: email@example.com
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer.
- He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
- Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. See video. Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President of the USA.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015. Obama also said: "Last year you had the first time in 40 years where the crime rate and the incarceration rate went down at the same time."
- Holder's Legacy: Steering Away From the Drug War and Mass Incarceration. .
- U.S.: Attorney General Eric Holder Ends Incentive For Law Enforcement To Seize Property.
Drug war + Trickle-Down Economics Edit
Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech : "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."
|Drug war + trickle-down Reaganomics = mass incarceration and mass control.|
Cost of drug warEdit
- See article: Cost of U.S. drug war. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See also: Drug war charts and maps. See: cannabis arrests.
|Drug war cost charts, infographics, and links.|
Click the infographics to enlarge them.
Obamacare is better than the old healthcare system. Drug rehab for harder drugs is now paid for by Obamacare. It is far cheaper than jail. But Obamacare does not cover everybody because of the incredible waste of health insurance companies. Single-payer covers everybody (including veterans, most of whom are only partially covered by Veterans Administration care). It is much easier to use (almost no paperwork for patients), is far cheaper per capita , and gets better overall health results. U.S. Healthcare Ranked Dead Last Compared To 10 Other Countries. June 16, 2014. Forbes: "Many continue to falsely assume that we pay more for healthcare because we get better health (or better health outcomes)." Why Do Other Rich Nations Spend So Much Less on Healthcare? The Atlantic. July 23, 2014. And 200 million claims were denied yearly before Obamacare. .
Health insurance companies suck money from their hosts, but provide no tangible service. Just like toll-road companies. See: Toll Roads Are A Bad Idea. Both just handle the money, and take a cut of the money. They build costly buildings to house the accounting staff, and claim deniers. Costly 16-lane toll plazas are built, often on expensive urban land.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|