|See 2014, 2015 Global Cannabis March. Crowd photos.|
- Marijuana Legalization In Italy: 250 Italian Lawmakers Support Cannabis Decriminalization Proposal. And: Drug war failure: Greens want Portuguese model in Australia.
|During prison visit Obama said it is a fine line between president and prisoner. And: Criminal Justice System 'Skewed By Race And By Wealth'. See more. See: Prison-industrial complex. And: drug war cost. Jobs versus Jails. Obama's overtime rule to raise pay of 5 million. Stop the 1%. President of AFL-CIO: "Mass incarceration is ineffective, racist, and morally bankrupt."|
- Marijuana may be helping to overcome painkiller abuse in America. And: Germany: much lower incarceration & murder rates. Prisons Are Kinder, Safer. . And: House Republicans say no to allowing federal studies of medical marijuana. . And: Chile may be legalizing possession, and home cannabis growing! .
- Colorado leads the way again. Republicans trying to block.
- Green Scene Productions Meetings and Events Calendar!
- Facebook: Green Scene Productions.
- Ontario. Cannabis-related links.
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Thunder Bay
- Wikipedia: Thunder Bay
- Wikitravel: Thunder Bay
- WeBeHigh.com - home page lists all cities.
- City page: Thunder Bay
Global Marijuana March (GMM) Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 848 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
Thunder Bay: Doug Thompson thomsgirlbrowneyes(at)hotmail.com 807-475-7436 General Delivery, Nolalu, Ontario POT 2K0, Canada May 1.
DIRECTIONS: MARCH + HACKY SACK COMPETITIONS + LOCAL ARTISTS
Stop the lies! End the prison state! Stop all cannabis arrests! Heal the sick! Release the Medicine! Cures not wars!
Thunder Bay, it's time to come together and show your support for cannabis and hemp on May 1, 2010 at 2:00pm (earlier event time) to 9:30pm! Meet at Waverly Park join in the rally!
The celebrations are all *free* and will feature LIVE MUSIC & COVER SONGS from:
Leo B Dope The Other Colour The Empire Strikes Back D.E.A.D. Black Sabbath Alaska Army Band The Dweezils The Auditor General Webster Death GFresh, the DJ for the day!
..AND special guest hacky sack freestyle judges NORRIS!
Stop by the Green Scene booth and pick up tickets that will save you $1 off the cover price for the NORRIS "NO MONEY NO ALBUM" CD FUNDRAISER down the street at 9:30pm at the Black Pirates Pub! A great way to keep the good times rolling.
PLUS EVEN MORE:
Free BBQ Petition Signing Cannabis & Hemp Museum Live Music *ANNOUNCING 10+ ACTS SOON* 4:20 DJ Countdown Local Artists Displays Family Play Zone
AND PROUDLY INTRODUCING..
Thunder Bay's First Hacky Sack Competiton! With special guest judges NORRIS! Titles and prizes to be won for... "Elimination": Think you can survive? "Longest Hack": Can you hack the longest? "Best Freestyle": Got the best tricks for NORRIS?
Hacky Sack Rules for Global Marijuana March Rally Waverly Park , May 1, 2010
1. “PIG” Elimination: Players stand in a circle, and the hacky sack is kicked, if you miss the sack (other than on a serve to someone else) you are out after 3 misses or 1. “P”, 2. “I”, 3. “G”. If the sack hits the middle or "no mans land" nobody is out. When there are 2 people left, the first person to get eliminated holds the sack, both players touch it, and the sack is thrown up. After throwing up, whoever misses the sack first/hits a bad hit is out.
2. Longest Hack: Players will be timed and whoever hacks for the longest before losing control and dropping hack will win a sweet prize!
3. Best Freestyle: Competitors have 90 seconds - 2 minutes to impress special guest judges NORRIS! These rules are loosely guided by the International Footbag Advisory Board and will help competitors prepare for their freestyle hack. Competitors will be judged on four criteria: 1.Presentation: Music & Movement (timing of moves to music and rhythm), Travel (use of area), Form (confidence), Linking (linking moves to create combinations), Personality & Originality (appeal of the player to the audience, artistic impression) 2.Composition: Different types of movies and how many successful technical moves. 3.Difficulty: The amount of technical difficulty and the amount of risk involved. 4.Execution: The technical execution of the routine in regards to a) drops (total loss of control) b) control (ability of player to control hacky sack) and c) form (manner and quality of execution).
- Freestyle Routine Music: Send routine music in MP3 format to email@example.com or bring a cd to the event. You can also hack to the music that will be playing at the event too.
Attention NORRIS FANS who attend the Global Hemp March will get $1 off the entry price into the NORRIS cd fundraiser show which is happening after the event.
To volunteer or join Green Scene e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video. Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President of the USA.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015. Obama also said: "Last year you had the first time in 40 years where the crime rate and the incarceration rate went down at the same time."
- Holder's Legacy: Steering Away From the Drug War and Mass Incarceration. .
- U.S.: Attorney General Eric Holder Ends Incentive For Law Enforcement To Seize Property.
Reagan's war on cannabis Edit
|2015. The 70th anniversary of victory over fascism. The 35th anniversary of Reagan's war on cannabis.|
|Drug war + Trickle-down Reaganomics, = mass incarceration and mass control.|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech : "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."
Cost of drug warEdit
- See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Drug war charts and maps. See: cannabis arrests.
|See article: Drug war cost charts, infographics, and links.|
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|