|See 2014, 2015 Global Cannabis March, and 420 city lists.|
- Jesse Ventura's State of the Union. . Income inequality, cannabis legalization, drug war.
- Oxfam report says half of global wealth held by the 1%. US Republicans block full legalization since Cannabis props up Drug War; the key to Mass Incarceration and mass control.
- Grandpa Doing Life Without Parole—for Pot. . Nazi Republican prosecutor.
- USA. Global Marijuana March (May 2) and 420 events (around April 20). By city.
|More cannabis-related links, city lists, and graphics.|
- Green Scene Productions Meetings and Events Calendar!
- Facebook: Green Scene Productions.
- Ontario. Cannabis-related links.
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Thunder Bay
- Wikipedia: Thunder Bay
- Wikitravel: Thunder Bay
- WeBeHigh.com - home page lists all cities.
- City page: Thunder Bay
Global Marijuana March (GMM) Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 845 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|See 2013, 2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March.|
Right-click any region for its city list.
Thunder Bay: Doug Thompson thomsgirlbrowneyes(at)hotmail.com 807-475-7436 General Delivery, Nolalu, Ontario POT 2K0, Canada May 1.
DIRECTIONS: MARCH + HACKY SACK COMPETITIONS + LOCAL ARTISTS
Stop the lies! End the prison state! Stop all cannabis arrests! Heal the sick! Release the Medicine! Cures not wars!
Thunder Bay, it's time to come together and show your support for cannabis and hemp on May 1, 2010 at 2:00pm (earlier event time) to 9:30pm! Meet at Waverly Park join in the rally!
The celebrations are all *free* and will feature LIVE MUSIC & COVER SONGS from:
Leo B Dope The Other Colour The Empire Strikes Back D.E.A.D. Black Sabbath Alaska Army Band The Dweezils The Auditor General Webster Death GFresh, the DJ for the day!
..AND special guest hacky sack freestyle judges NORRIS!
Stop by the Green Scene booth and pick up tickets that will save you $1 off the cover price for the NORRIS "NO MONEY NO ALBUM" CD FUNDRAISER down the street at 9:30pm at the Black Pirates Pub! A great way to keep the good times rolling.
PLUS EVEN MORE:
Free BBQ Petition Signing Cannabis & Hemp Museum Live Music *ANNOUNCING 10+ ACTS SOON* 4:20 DJ Countdown Local Artists Displays Family Play Zone
AND PROUDLY INTRODUCING..
Thunder Bay's First Hacky Sack Competiton! With special guest judges NORRIS! Titles and prizes to be won for... "Elimination": Think you can survive? "Longest Hack": Can you hack the longest? "Best Freestyle": Got the best tricks for NORRIS?
Hacky Sack Rules for Global Marijuana March Rally Waverly Park , May 1, 2010
1. “PIG” Elimination: Players stand in a circle, and the hacky sack is kicked, if you miss the sack (other than on a serve to someone else) you are out after 3 misses or 1. “P”, 2. “I”, 3. “G”. If the sack hits the middle or "no mans land" nobody is out. When there are 2 people left, the first person to get eliminated holds the sack, both players touch it, and the sack is thrown up. After throwing up, whoever misses the sack first/hits a bad hit is out.
2. Longest Hack: Players will be timed and whoever hacks for the longest before losing control and dropping hack will win a sweet prize!
3. Best Freestyle: Competitors have 90 seconds - 2 minutes to impress special guest judges NORRIS! These rules are loosely guided by the International Footbag Advisory Board and will help competitors prepare for their freestyle hack. Competitors will be judged on four criteria: 1.Presentation: Music & Movement (timing of moves to music and rhythm), Travel (use of area), Form (confidence), Linking (linking moves to create combinations), Personality & Originality (appeal of the player to the audience, artistic impression) 2.Composition: Different types of movies and how many successful technical moves. 3.Difficulty: The amount of technical difficulty and the amount of risk involved. 4.Execution: The technical execution of the routine in regards to a) drops (total loss of control) b) control (ability of player to control hacky sack) and c) form (manner and quality of execution).
- Freestyle Routine Music: Send routine music in MP3 format to email@example.com or bring a cd to the event. You can also hack to the music that will be playing at the event too.
Attention NORRIS FANS who attend the Global Hemp March will get $1 off the entry price into the NORRIS cd fundraiser show which is happening after the event.
To volunteer or join Green Scene e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Cost of drug warEdit
- See longer article: Cost of U.S. drug war. See also: Drug war charts and maps. See cannabis arrests. See Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate.
- Yes, We DO Give Life Sentences For Marijuana in the USA. By Cheri Sicard. June 16, 2014. See Life for Pot site. Newt Gingrich wanted executions. Long mandatory minimum sentences are one factor in making the drug war so costly.
- War on drugs a trillion-dollar failure - CNN.com. By Richard Branson, Special to CNN, December 7, 2012.
|Cost of U.S. drug war. Even $1.5 trillion dollars is conservative since many crimes are committed in order to get money for drugs. Correction costs alone averaged $30,600 per inmate in 2007. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Economics - Drug War Facts. See: 32 Reasons Why We Need To End The War On Drugs - Business Insider. See: The Budgetary Impact of Ending Drug Prohibition.|
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. See cost of U.S. drug war: 1.5 trillion dollars! Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|Appendix Table 1. Total justice expenditures,|
fiscal year 1982–2007. USA.
|Nominal dollars (not adjusted for inflation), and real dollars (inflation adjusted to 2007 constant dollars).|
$228 billion in 2007. Police, corrections, courts.
|Justice Expenditures and Employment, FY 1982-2007 - Statistical Tables. NCJ 236218. By Tracey Kyckelhahn, Ph.D., BJS Statistician. December 2011. U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS). See chart.|
- 2010 state prison costs: The Price of Prisons: What Incarceration Costs Taxpayers. By the Vera Institute of Justice. "Total taxpayer cost per inmate. Among the 40 states surveyed, representing more than 1.2 million inmates (of 1.4 million total people incarcerated in all 50 state prison systems), the total per-inmate cost averaged $31,286 and ranged from $14,603 in Kentucky to $60,076 in New York (see Figure 4)."
|"We are the party of lower taxes for the American people". - John Boehner, Republican Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives. December 21, 2011. Share link.|
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
|Cannabis is safer!|
|See full article: Cannabis is safer.
Quotes in the image to the left (and in the text below) are from the U.S. government's landmark 1999 Institute of Medicine (IOM) report, Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base. The full text of the report is available for free online at the above link, and is searchable. The table of contents by chapter is on the sidebar. The report is also available as a free PDF download. Quotes below are followed by their references. Emphasis added.
Page 109: "Indeed, epidemiological data indicate that in the general population marijuana use is not associated with increased mortality. 138"
Page 107: "When heavy marijuana use accompanies these symptoms [amotivation], the drug is often cited as the cause, but no convincing data demonstrate a causal relationship between marijuana smoking and these behavior characteristics. 23"
Page 119: "There is no conclusive evidence that marijuana causes cancer in humans, including cancers usually related to tobacco use."
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President.