Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Philippines. ‘They Are Slaughtering Us Like Animals’. New York Times. Apparently, Trump approves. Philippines president Duterte: Trump Endorsed Deadly War on Drugs as ‘The Right Way’. And in the USA: He got life without parole for pot. And he was just denied clemency. See: Life for Pot.
Quezon City, Philippines. Nov. 13, 2016 march for medical cannabis . And: Insurers are beginning to cover medical cannabis. And: United Kingdom Could Be Forced to Consider Marijuana Legalization . And: Alec Baldwin Responds to Donald Trump's 'SNL' Criticism. And: Chuck Schumer Is All In On Bernie Sanders’ Democratic Party. And:
- Finland. Cannabis-related links
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Tampere
- Wikipedia: Tampere
- Wikitravel: Tampere
- WeBeHigh.com - home page lists all cities.
- City page: Tampere
Global Marijuana March (GMM) Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 877 different cities have signed up from 80 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
See GMM: basic city lists, detailed city lists, graphics, photos, maps, regions, links, years. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondial du Cannabis. And: Global Marijuana March.
|2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
Tampere: Lasse Pihlainen +xxxx xxxxxx lasse_pihlainen(at)hotmail.com -
Hamppumarssi 2009 will be held this year also. Gathering at Pääpostin puisto (Rautatienkatu X Hämeenkatu) 13:00!! Be there!
Tampere: Lasse Pihlainen +35845 1269280 lasse_pihlainen(at)hotmail.com
Tampere: Lasse Pihlainen lasse_pihlainen(at)hotmail.com
200 people in 2008.
People here in Tampere are becoming quite aware of the "hamppumarssi" (marijuana march) and now they need to be informed how widespread the march really is.
This year (2008) is becoming clearly the year of the house searches.. Local police officers have already busted more home growers than in the whole last year. So it's going to be a significant publicity while the audience (local people) will hear about police statistics. Courtrooms are filled with drug cases, not always related to cannabis. But this is a good opportunity to get the message to the people in the rat race. I and my fellow organizers are going to make the point very clear to the audience and to the officers that this cannot continue anymore. There has to be a solution to rewrite some laws or attitudes.
While EU is still lagging in changing the political views concerning medical use and entertainment (al), we must affect on local peoples minds that hemp is a very useful thing and productive material in every sense.
On the last years march , we had 100-200 people and had great time and lots of cool people and some speeches also. In fact i think we had a little degeneration in audience [in 2008] compared to last years...
People are not taking the Marijuana March too seriously. My wise guess is that there are tens of thousands of people (Tampere) supporting marijuana but they are afraid to join the work because of its abstraction..
We have lots of young people that dare and care about it but we need also the approval of older generations for this drug to become widely available. It's very common in Tampere to know someone who grows for itself and home growing has become the main source of cannabis here. We have been heralding to establish the first coffee shop in Finland. It would be complicated but eventually, someone will stand up and take the destination for himself to become a national hero among us! After all, the story of Amsterdam began from the same cratch, too. (could i make myself anymore obscure..)
Too much people is over exaggerating their fears to show up and to become stigmatized as a criminal.
Next year it will be called something like "Hamppumarssi X" because it's been organized this far already 9 times in Finland. The concept is going to change for something better and bigger and more public. We have lots of volunteers who are able to organize their own familiar fields with goods. So there's gonna be like a circus in the middle of the town. I'm very excited.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Obama alone can not reschedule it Edit
- See main article: Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.
Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape. The committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis.
Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate."
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
Drug-war mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money.|
Canadian single-payer healthcare and Edit
Portuguese drug decriminalization Edit
|Business people for Single-payer Healthcare. Fed up with uncontrollable costs of U.S. healthcare.See:|
- Canada has saved trillions of dollars by eliminating the middleman, the health insurance companies.
|Canada's single-payer universal healthcare costs less per person than U.S. healthcare. 188.8.131.52.. For more countries and charts: 6.7.. And the USA has lower average life expectancy than the OECD average (OECD = developed economies). 8.. Click chart to enlarge:|
- Medical Bills Still Take A Big Toll in USA, Even With Insurance. NPR. March 8, 2016.
Green love Edit
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|