- Russia. Cannabis-related links
City info Edit
- Google Maps: St. Petersburg
- Wikipedia: St. Petersburg
- Wikitravel: St. Petersburg
- WeBeHigh.com - home page lists all cities.
- City page: St. Petersburg
Global Marijuana March (GMM) Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 872 different cities have signed up from 80 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
See GMM: basic city lists, detailed city lists, graphics, photos, maps, regions, links, years. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondial du Cannabis. And: Global Marijuana March.
|2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
- Preview: НОВЫЙ РЕГИОН: Санкт-Петербург готовится к «Конопляному маршу» | Лига Легализации Конопли / Cannabis Legalize League. Google translation:
NEW LOCATION: St. Petersburg prepares for "Hemp march"
Published in SergE May 3, 2007 - 08:00
St. Petersburg, May 3 (New Region, Ivan Smirnov) - The police of St. Petersburg of the Russian Interior Ministry has been informed that the world, "the legalization of hemp League" has decided to spend 5 May as "Hemp march." Parades are planned in several cities, including St. Petersburg. According to police, the organizers of the march, using the tactics of flash mobs are planning to arrange a "hemp festivals" that might provoke a riot.
The campaign, which "League" is trying to spend more than a year, will be handed out printed material calling for the legalization of drugs.
In order to prevent unauthorized marches law enforcement agencies plan to hold a series of preventive measures. In particular, together with FSNK Petersburg and the region expected to hold a series of search operations and preventive measures to identify the organizers and active participants in such actions. The relevant committees and district administrations sent warnings about the impossibility of harmonizing these shares. All police patrols and internal forces at this time will be transferred to a more vigilant performance of the service and rapid response to attempts at "hemp festivals."
Meanwhile in Moscow, preparing for, "Hemp march" began in late March. Moscow media reported that the capital's subway ads appear on behalf of the "legalization of marijuana League" with an appeal to Muscovites to take part in the "Hemp march" in the May holidays. In promotional materials indicated that each of the subway cars have at least one person who smokes "weed", and this, according to the authors leaflets, must play its role in the legalization of marijuana. In the first "Hemp march" in Moscow, which took place in 2004 and also was unauthorized, was attended by about 200 people, 65 people were detained by police. In the world of this event is held annually during the past 10 years. The first "Hemp march" took place in America.
- Photos, short report: GMM-2006. САНКТ-ПЕТЕРБУРГ | Лига Легализации Конопли / Cannabis Legalize League. Google translation: "It all started about 17 pm at the Manege Square, near the fountain. Arriving at the place at the appointed time, I found a small group of people (about 50) sitting on the lawn, singing songs and playing musical instruments. Nearby, across the street were two police cars were walking around which law enforcement officials, apparently for something to cook."
- Flyers: legaliz.info/Agit/7_May_Spb_Stickers_A6.pdf. Right-click link, and save PDF.
- Long report: Конопляный Марш 2006 в Питере. Репортаж участника | Лига Легализации Конопли / Cannabis Legalize League. Google translation:
Hemp March 2006 in St. Petersburg. Reporting party
Published in SergE August 3, 2006 - 08:00
Talk Petersburg ECM-2006 sent a report and photos of events May 7, 2006 Organizing Committee of the League shares the author's regret about the absence of any organization in the preparation of the march past and hopes that St. Petersburg will be able to adequately prepare comrades VCR-2007 . "The World Hemp March", which was to be held in St. Petersburg, May 7, 2006 again left without the organization
It all started about 17 pm at the Manege Square, near the fountain. Arriving at the place at the appointed time, I found a small group of people (about 50) sitting on the lawn, singing songs and playing musical instruments.
Nearby, across the street were two police cars were walking around which law enforcement officials, apparently for something to cook.
Press and television appeared somewhat revived and is happening between the participants' sedentary march "and onlookers began to unravel simple black-and-white leaflets (as they were then called one of the representatives of the police - campaign materials), with the image of bunny« PLAYBOY »who was already six ears - cinquefoil in the manner of hemp.
Apparently the camp for law enforcement it was a call to action, as they were immediately arrested several teenagers, which they very politely escorted to his first car, and then to the department.
The lieutenant, after ordered his, approached reporters with an enigmatic smile and said, "Well, what? It did not happen Cop outrage? ".
It became clear that the march will not happen, but "sitting" continued to sit on the lawn, until finally the police were not dispersed. Further, one of the most active participants,
"Channel 5" took a brief interview in which she told of the usefulness of marijuana, and to "march of hemp." (Incidentally, I know the interview to air did not work).
No more action, I have not seen, and so he decided to retire. But still, some action was. That's what tells the eyewitness and participant of the "March", comrade Kelemor:
As can be seen, in order to conduct a "Hemp March" without such incidents, St. Pete advocates the legalization of marijuana just need competent organization and preparation. Let's see what will happen in 2007 ...
- Photos, short report: GMM-2005. САНКТ-ПЕТЕРБУРГ | Лига Легализации Конопли / Cannabis Legalize League. Google translation: "World Hemp March - 2005 was held in St. Petersburg and quietly, unlike in Moscow, without any contacts with the police. Probably because no one would comply with the requirements of the law 'On mass rallies ...' and notify the authorities."
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Obama alone can not reschedule it Edit
- See main article: Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.
Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape. The committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis.
Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate."
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
2016 election and marches Edit
2016 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. Public opinion wins elections. So get out and march!
|Register and vote for cannabis in 2016.|
|Republicans are busy filing retrograde drug bills across the land. Republicans want to put a conservative drug warrior on the Supreme Court to replace Antonin Scalia, and to reinvigorate their drug war. Supreme Court rejects conservative challenge to Colorado marijuana law from Republican states. 2.|
USA Today: 11 states least likely to legalize marijuana. Republican states across the nation.
|Marijuana in the South: A State-by-State Guide. Republicans created a THC-free south.|
Drug-war mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail.|
Canadian single-payer healthcare and Edit
Portuguese drug decriminalization Edit
|ColoradoCare. 2. It would cover all residents and cost less than the current system. One primary payer, and no deductibles and no co-pays. See: Business people for Single-payer Healthcare. Fed up with uncontrollable costs of U.S. healthcare.On ballot in 2016:|
- Canada has saved trillions of dollars by eliminating the middleman, the health insurance companies.
|Canada's single-payer universal healthcare costs less per person than U.S. healthcare. 220.127.116.11.. For more countries and charts: 6.7.. And the USA has lower average life expectancy than the OECD average (OECD = developed economies). 8.. Click chart to enlarge:|
- Medical Bills Still Take A Big Toll in USA, Even With Insurance. NPR. March 8, 2016.
Green love Edit
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|