Cannabis Festivals 2017-2018 | Man, I'm hungry. | Everfest. And: Republican Roger Goodell Thinks Marijuana Is ‘Addictive’ And Bad For NFL Players. He’s Wrong. . And: And: Epilepsy takes life of a young cannabis advocate.And:
. And: 'Mass murder' complaint filed against him at International Criminal Court. And: Criminal Charges For Georgia Police Officers punching and kicking handcuffed marijuana user in the head. .
Poll: Bernie Sanders is most popular U.S. politician . And: Bernie Sanders And Democrats Introduce A New $15 Minimum Wage Bill. And: And: I had a health crisis in France. I’m here to tell you that ‘socialized medicine’ is terrific. . And: Medical marijuana could save Medicaid $1 billion in prescription drug costs. . And: West Virginia becomes 29th state to legalize medical marijuana. . And: Republican Governor of Iowa, Terry Branstad, rolls back local minimum wage increases in Iowa.
. Among current users: 14% Republican, 43% Democrats, 42% independents. And: . And: Smoke pot in Oregon? Your name now protected from feds. And: And: She also vetoed the 911 Good Samaritan Overdose Prevention Bill. And: Idaho's Republican governor vetoes a broadly-supported asset forfeiture reform bill.
. And: French election: 4 of the 5 main presidential candidates support cannabis reform. Far-right Marine LePen opposes. And: Patrick Stewart Reveals He Uses Marijuana Daily To Help With Arthritis Symptoms.
For The First Time Ever, The Federal Government Is Referring To Marijuana As Medicine. And: Bernie Sanders: Americans pay highest prices for pharmaceutical drugs in the world. And: Canada has universal health care, and higher minimum wage than the US.And:
The disease killing white Americans goes way deeper than opioids. . And: Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard Calls For Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition. And: Trump's Health Care Plan Could Exacerbate Opioid Epidemic, But Medical Marijuana Could Help. . And: Former premiers and Australian police chiefs call for drug decriminalisation. . And: NPR: Former Drug Czar Says GOP Health Bill Would Cut Access To Addiction Treatment.
17,000 more people annually could die in 2018 if Trumpcare becomes law. 14 million more people uninsured in 2018. 24 million in 2026. 29,000 more dead annually in 2026. And: and See chart below. USA versus top ten healthiest nations. . List of countries with universal health care.
Quinnipiac poll: 71% oppose enforcing federal marijuana laws in states where the drug is legal. And: Canada. Human rights board orders insurer to pay medical marijuana costs in precedent-setting case .
Canada passes US in middle-class wealth. Median after-tax middle-class income in Canada is higher. . One reason why: Canadians pay so much less for far better healthcare.And:
Repealing the Affordable Care Act will kill more than 43,000 people annually, and 30 million will lose their healthcare coverage. Physicians for a National Health Program. And: A Trump Fan Cheering Obamacare Repeal Just Found Out He’s On Obamacare. Hilarity Ensues. And: 15 charts that show how Obamacare works now — and how Republicans would overhaul it.
- Russia. Cannabis-related links
City info Edit
- Google Maps: St. Petersburg
- Wikipedia: St. Petersburg
- Wikitravel: St. Petersburg
- WeBeHigh.com - home page lists all cities.
- City page: St. Petersburg
Global Marijuana March (GMM) Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 888 different cities have participated from 80 different nations or subnational areas since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
See GMM: basic city lists, detailed city lists, graphics, photos, maps, regions, links, years. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondial du Cannabis. And: Global Marijuana March.
|2017, 2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos.|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
- Preview: НОВЫЙ РЕГИОН: Санкт-Петербург готовится к «Конопляному маршу» | Лига Легализации Конопли / Cannabis Legalize League. Google translation:
NEW LOCATION: St. Petersburg prepares for "Hemp march"
Published in SergE May 3, 2007 - 08:00
St. Petersburg, May 3 (New Region, Ivan Smirnov) - The police of St. Petersburg of the Russian Interior Ministry has been informed that the world, "the legalization of hemp League" has decided to spend 5 May as "Hemp march." Parades are planned in several cities, including St. Petersburg. According to police, the organizers of the march, using the tactics of flash mobs are planning to arrange a "hemp festivals" that might provoke a riot.
The campaign, which "League" is trying to spend more than a year, will be handed out printed material calling for the legalization of drugs.
In order to prevent unauthorized marches law enforcement agencies plan to hold a series of preventive measures. In particular, together with FSNK Petersburg and the region expected to hold a series of search operations and preventive measures to identify the organizers and active participants in such actions. The relevant committees and district administrations sent warnings about the impossibility of harmonizing these shares. All police patrols and internal forces at this time will be transferred to a more vigilant performance of the service and rapid response to attempts at "hemp festivals."
Meanwhile in Moscow, preparing for, "Hemp march" began in late March. Moscow media reported that the capital's subway ads appear on behalf of the "legalization of marijuana League" with an appeal to Muscovites to take part in the "Hemp march" in the May holidays. In promotional materials indicated that each of the subway cars have at least one person who smokes "weed", and this, according to the authors leaflets, must play its role in the legalization of marijuana. In the first "Hemp march" in Moscow, which took place in 2004 and also was unauthorized, was attended by about 200 people, 65 people were detained by police. In the world of this event is held annually during the past 10 years. The first "Hemp march" took place in America.
- Photos, short report: GMM-2006. САНКТ-ПЕТЕРБУРГ | Лига Легализации Конопли / Cannabis Legalize League. Google translation: "It all started about 17 pm at the Manege Square, near the fountain. Arriving at the place at the appointed time, I found a small group of people (about 50) sitting on the lawn, singing songs and playing musical instruments. Nearby, across the street were two police cars were walking around which law enforcement officials, apparently for something to cook."
- Flyers: legaliz.info/Agit/7_May_Spb_Stickers_A6.pdf. Right-click link, and save PDF.
- Long report: Конопляный Марш 2006 в Питере. Репортаж участника | Лига Легализации Конопли / Cannabis Legalize League. Google translation:
Hemp March 2006 in St. Petersburg. Reporting party
Published in SergE August 3, 2006 - 08:00
Talk Petersburg ECM-2006 sent a report and photos of events May 7, 2006 Organizing Committee of the League shares the author's regret about the absence of any organization in the preparation of the march past and hopes that St. Petersburg will be able to adequately prepare comrades VCR-2007 . "The World Hemp March", which was to be held in St. Petersburg, May 7, 2006 again left without the organization
It all started about 17 pm at the Manege Square, near the fountain. Arriving at the place at the appointed time, I found a small group of people (about 50) sitting on the lawn, singing songs and playing musical instruments.
Nearby, across the street were two police cars were walking around which law enforcement officials, apparently for something to cook.
Press and television appeared somewhat revived and is happening between the participants' sedentary march "and onlookers began to unravel simple black-and-white leaflets (as they were then called one of the representatives of the police - campaign materials), with the image of bunny« PLAYBOY »who was already six ears - cinquefoil in the manner of hemp.
Apparently the camp for law enforcement it was a call to action, as they were immediately arrested several teenagers, which they very politely escorted to his first car, and then to the department.
The lieutenant, after ordered his, approached reporters with an enigmatic smile and said, "Well, what? It did not happen Cop outrage? ".
It became clear that the march will not happen, but "sitting" continued to sit on the lawn, until finally the police were not dispersed. Further, one of the most active participants,
"Channel 5" took a brief interview in which she told of the usefulness of marijuana, and to "march of hemp." (Incidentally, I know the interview to air did not work).
No more action, I have not seen, and so he decided to retire. But still, some action was. That's what tells the eyewitness and participant of the "March", comrade Kelemor:
As can be seen, in order to conduct a "Hemp March" without such incidents, St. Pete advocates the legalization of marijuana just need competent organization and preparation. Let's see what will happen in 2007 ...
- Photos, short report: GMM-2005. САНКТ-ПЕТЕРБУРГ | Лига Легализации Конопли / Cannabis Legalize League. Google translation: "World Hemp March - 2005 was held in St. Petersburg and quietly, unlike in Moscow, without any contacts with the police. Probably because no one would comply with the requirements of the law 'On mass rallies ...' and notify the authorities."
2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 Edit
May 6, 2017, Saturday, or thereabouts. And April 20 (4/20), or thereabouts. Rallies and marches overall change public opinion for the better! See: Cannabis polls.
- 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. - Worldwide.
- USA. 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 city list. - USA.
- 420 event lists. - Worldwide.
|US states that have legalized|
as of November 2016 election.
Cannabis is safer Edit
|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech 1: "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."|
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Presidents can not reschedule it Edit
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
The president alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
Drug war, control, mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money.|
|Rundle Won't Charge Prison Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death for 2 Hours in Shower. Death Ruled An Accident. Documents Show They Omitted Key Details. Florida inmate in for cocaine possession. 2345. Due to lack of single-payer universal healthcare the mentally ill end up incarcerated and untreated. Prison costs far more than caring for them to begin with. For their non-violent offenses three-quarters of Americans favor ‘rehabilitation’ over jail time, survey finds. |
Green love Edit
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|
Single-Payer. Half the cost of Trumpcare Edit
Portugal. Few die of overdose Edit
Portugal has decriminalized all drugs. Like Canada it has universal healthcare. See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal and Wikipedia: Health in Portugal. Nearly all of the European Union (EU) has universal healthcare. . See: List of countries with universal health care.
Source for above chart: Are any conservatives in the US for a single payer and a universal health care system, or can they not coexist? Chart is from comment around March 11, 2017 by Dan Munro, "author of Casino Healthcare and Forbes contributor".
The $0 Alternative To Trumpcare. See chart below. USA versus top ten healthiest nations.
Canada passes US in middle-class wealth. Median after-tax middle-class income in Canada is higher. . Why? Canadians pay so much less for far better healthcare. And:
2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article.
"The country has 3 overdose deaths per million citizens, compared to the EU average of 17.3."
- Overdose stats for the rest of the world.
- Wikipedia charts: Drug-related death statistics. See the upload page.
- Overdose Death Rates. National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Charts.
- These Are the Drugs That Cause the Most Overdose Deaths. Chart.
- Our nation’s drug overdose problem, in five bleak charts.
- How the opioid epidemic became America’s worst drug crisis ever, in 15 maps and charts.
USA. Republican-led drug war Edit
New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes a bill that would have allowed medical marijuana for opioid addiction. April 7, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes the 911 Good Samaritan Overdose Prevention Bill. April 7, 2017. And: Idaho's Republican governor vetoes a broadly-supported asset forfeiture reform bill. April 7, 2017.