- Share link: www.cannabis.wikia.com/seattle
Social media, Facebook Edit
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2017, 2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos.|
- Washington. Cannabis-related links.
- Sensible Washington.
- MaryJanesGirl- informed, inspired, involved. And Cannabis Freedom March.
- Cannabis Freedom March - Google Profile.
- Youtube search: Seattle Hempfest.
- Hempfest.org - Seattle Hempfest home page. Graphics over the years. And here.
- History « Seattle Hempfest.
- Hempfest videos: Google video search.
- Wikipedia: Seattle Hempfest.
- Wikimedia Commons photos: Seattle Hempfest.
City info Edit
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 888 different cities have participated from 80 different nations or subnational areas since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
See GMM: basic city lists, detailed city lists, graphics, photos, maps, regions, links, years. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondial du Cannabis. And: Global Marijuana March.
|2017, 2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos.|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
- Facebook: Seattle Hempfest 2012.
- Hempfest 2012: Thousands Of Pot Fans Gather At Nation's Largest Marijuana Rally. By Gene Johnson. August 17, 2012. Huffington Post.
GMM, May 14:
- Cannabis Freedom March 2011.
- Seattle, Washington. May 14 at 11:00am.
- Rally and March from volunteer park to westlake center.
- Live music, speakers, and activism in motion.
- email: cannabisfreedommarch(at)gmail.com or call 206 618 6458 for more info.
- Will update and add poster design soon!
- Follow us: www.twitter.com/cannabisfreedom
Seattle Hempfest, August 19-21:
- Facebook: Seattle Hempfest 20th Anniversary.
Seattle: Info # (206)618-6458. Greg West xwestg0(at)hotmail.com (206)547-1491 or Melissa Hyson hempgirlseattle(at)yahoo.com (253)310-3086. Seattle Marijuana Liberation March, Attn: C. Carter, PO Box 85553, Seattle WA 98145.
GMM. May 1, 2010:
- Marijuana Liberation March 2010 in Seattle.
- Reality Catcher: Seattle Marijuana Liberation March May 1, 2010.
Seattle Hempfest. August 21-22, 2010:
- Photos from Seattle Hempfest Potluck Meeting. "A meeting for the staff and volunteers of Seattle Hempfest to get together before pulling off the world's largest hemp and marijuana festival!"
Seattle: DeMaris Strohm-Hughes woimly(at)comcast.net 206-293-2439 or Joanna McKee 206-762-0630 Green Cross, 8843 10th Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98106.
GMM. May 2, 2009:
- 1,000 Marched from Volunteer Park to Pioneer Square.
- Report, photos, videos: Reality Catcher: Freedom In The Rain: Global Marijuana March In Seattle.
- Preview: grasscity.com forum thread
- Reality Catcher: Global Marijuana March - Saturday, May 2, 2009.
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFrVJcLge2k
Seattle Hempfest. August 15-16, 2009:
- CannabisCulture.com article. Report, photos, many videos.
- Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/38056921@N05/sets/72157622074291406/
- Photos: Seattle Post-Intelligencer blog: Hempfest 2009: A visual recap. "Seattle's annual celebration of cannabis culture drew hundreds of thousands to Myrtle Edwards and Elliot Bay waterfront parks." Direct link to photos.
- stopthedrugwar.org report. With photos and discussion.
- NORML report. With photos and discussion.
- 2009 Seattle Hempfest Lineup - Event schedule with many links.
- 2009 Seattle Hempfest Speakers - with many links.
- 2009 Speakers Panels - Hemposium Stage.
- 2009 Seattle Hempfest maps. With notations. On one of the maps one can zoom in and out by clicking the buttons at the top left of the map. Drag the map around too. See this link to that Google Map on its own page. Here is a link to the large version of the other map.
Seattle GMM: Joanna McKee 206-762-0630 Green Cross, 8843 10th Ave SW, Seattle, WA 98106 or Zeb 425-761-12222228763
GMM. May 3, 2008:
- 1,000 Marched from Volunteer Park to Pioneer Sq., noon to 3:30pm.
- Report, video: http://hempfest.org/drupal/?q=node/54
- Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lindahashope/sets/72157604864586040/
- Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alapoet/sets/72157604880335976/
- Photos, posters: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22007558@N05/
Hempfest. August 16-17 2008:
- Photo gallery: http://hempfest.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=14520
Seattle Hempfest 2007:
Seattle Hempfest. August 17-18, 2002:
- Press: Seattle Times article: "Around 75,000 people"
- Press: Seattle Post-Intelligencer: "An estimated 80,000 people"
- CannabisCulture.com report with photos: "150,000 marijuana-lovers"
Seattle Hempfest. August 18-19, 2001:
- NORML report. "A total crowd estimated at 150,000." Also, Woody Harrelson was a surprise speaker. NORML reported:
- Harrelson, who took the main stage to speak at 4:20 pm on Sunday to chants from the crowd of "Woody, Woody," began by acknowledging the cultural significance of the time. "It's now officially 4:20," he said. "If you folks need to do something now, just go ahead." He added, "I recently decided to stop smoking." When the groans from the crowd subsided, he finished by adding, "but I thought more about it and decided I didn't want to be a quitter!" Harrelson, who has long advocated the use of industrial hemp, more recently has broadened his goals to include an end to marijuana prohibition altogether.
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMsTyKveBv8 - Description: "Chris Conrad and Vivian McPeak speak over scenes from 2001 Hempfest, as 150,000 happy souls gathered over two days to celebrate the Cannabis Hemp culture. Then Woody Harrelson, actor and activist, appears for 4:20. Woody attained HempsterHood in 1996 after being arrested for planting industrial hemp seeds in Kentucky. He was defended at trial by former KY Gov. Louie Nunn(R)."
- Report, photo: http://www.cannabisculture.ca/v2/articles/2451.html
MMM. May 2000:
Seattle Hempfest. August 20, 2000:
- Photos: http://www.hempfest.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=13117
- Preview: http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=4186
- Preview: http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/articles/1645.html
- Report: http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/articles/1730.html
MMM. May 1, 1999:
- Over the day 4000 people marched and/or rallied:
- Video: http://www.crrh.org/hemptv/misc_smmm.html
- Preview and scheduled speakers: http://hempfest.org/1999/mmm.shtml
- Preview (plain text): http://www.hempfest.org/1999/mmj.txt
- Poster/flyer/banner: http://www.hempfest.org/1999/mmmflyer.pdf
Seattle Hempfest. August 22, 1999:
- Link: http://hempfest.org/1999/main.shtml
- Lineup: http://hempfest.org/1999/lineup.shtml
- Photos: http://www.hempfest.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=12758
Seattle Hempfest. August 23, 1998:
- Link: http://www.hempfest.org/1998/main.shtml
- Lineup: http://www.hempfest.org/1998/lineup.shtml
- Associated Press article: "The Seattle Police Department estimated 35,000 people attended the event".
Seattle Hempfest. August 24, 1997:
Seattle Hempfest. August 14, 1994:
- Photos, graphics: http://www.hempfest.org/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=15160
More event graphics Edit
2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 Edit
May 6, 2017, Saturday, or thereabouts. And April 20 (4/20), or thereabouts. Rallies and marches overall change public opinion for the better! See: Cannabis polls.
- 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. - Worldwide.
- USA. 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 city list. - USA.
- 420 event lists. - Worldwide.
|US states that have legalized|
as of November 2016 election.
Cannabis is safer Edit
|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech 1: "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."|
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
USA. Republican war on cannabis Edit
The Cannabis War is over and the U.S. Republican Party has lost. They may not know it yet, so keep marching, lobbying, and voting! Please register and vote! See: Reagan's War on Cannabis. And: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Alternatives to Republican-led mass incarceration.
Vermont's Republican Governor Scott Vetoes Marijuana Legalization bill of Democrat legislature. May 24, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes a bill that would have allowed medical marijuana for opioid addiction. April 7, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes the 911 Good Samaritan Overdose Prevention Bill. April 7, 2017. And: Idaho's Republican governor vetoes a broadly-supported asset forfeiture reform bill. April 7, 2017.
|U.S. Republican Party: Greed, Ground Wars, Drug Wars, and Mass Incarceration.|
Presidents alone can not reschedule it Edit
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
The president alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
Drug war, control, mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. 2. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money.|
|Rundle Won't Charge Prison Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death for 2 Hours in Shower. Death Ruled An Accident. Documents Show They Omitted Key Details. Florida inmate in for cocaine possession. 2345. Due to lack of single-payer universal healthcare the mentally ill end up incarcerated and untreated. Prison costs far more than caring for them to begin with. For their non-violent offenses three-quarters of Americans favor ‘rehabilitation’ over jail time, survey finds. |
Green love Edit
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|Wikipedia: Population milestone babies.|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|
Single Payer. Half the cost of Trumpcare Edit
Portugal. Few die of overdoses Edit
Portugal has decriminalized all drugs. Like Canada it has universal healthcare. See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal and Wikipedia: Health in Portugal. Nearly all of the European Union (EU) has universal healthcare. . See: List of countries with universal health care.
Source for above chart: Are any conservatives in the US for a single payer and a universal health care system, or can they not coexist? Chart is from comment around March 11, 2017 by Dan Munro, "author of Casino Healthcare and Forbes contributor".
Canada passes US in middle-class wealth. Median after-tax middle-class income in Canada is higher. . Why? Canadians pay so much less for far better healthcare. And:
The $0 Alternative To Trumpcare. See chart below. USA versus top ten healthiest nations.
2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article.
"The country has 3 overdose deaths per million citizens, compared to the EU average of 17.3."
- Overdose stats for the rest of the world.
- Wikipedia charts: Drug-related death statistics. See the upload page.
- Overdose Death Rates. National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Charts.
- These Are the Drugs That Cause the Most Overdose Deaths. Chart.
- Our nation’s drug overdose problem, in five bleak charts.
- How the opioid epidemic became America’s worst drug crisis ever, in 15 maps and charts.