|See 2014 Global Cannabis March, and 420 city lists.|
- Republican attorney generals of Nebraska and Oklahoma File Federal Suit Against Colorado Over Marijuana Legalization.
- USA. Black-White Wealth Gap at 24-Year High. See Race, ethnicity, and drug war.
- 25,000 March in New York to Protest Police Violence. New York Times. . Photos of huge crowds. Video .
- JFK used medical marijuana while in office. . And Obama said cannabis is safer than alcohol.
- White House Backs Legal Marijuana in DC Video - ABC News. . Loophole found.
- Federal Govt. Won't Stop Native Americans From Growing, Selling Marijuana. .
- Republican-led US House is using a crucial spending bill to block recreational marijuana legalization in DC.
- Republicans need to evolve on state and local marijuana laws.
- Like Mexican cops, US cops have license to kill. Supreme Court Helped Make It Possible To Kill By Chokehold.
- USA: 50+ Cities protesting Plan Mexico, 100,000 murdered in War on Drugs. . Facebook: USTired2. Cities. Video.
- Cop, Angry After Not Finding Drugs, Smashes Man’s Face into His Car, Breaks Teeth. .
- “Killology”. DOJ opposes police outlook of "war", "enemy combatants." Cops, rape, spousal abuse.
- CIA. Wars on demand. Including drug wars. Special discount for wars on brown people.
|More cannabis-related links, city lists, and graphics.|
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
- Brazil. Cannabis-related links.
- marchadamaconha.org - forums. Google site search for Sao Paulo. Sao Paulo forum.
- Email: saopaulo (at) marchadamaconha.org
Social media, Facebook Edit
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Sao Paulo.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Sao Paulo.
- Wikitravel: Sao Paulo.
- WeBeHigh.com: Sao Paulo.
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 845 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
Right-click any region for its city list.
GMM, May 19:
- AULA PÚBLICA MARCHA DA MACONHA SÃO PAULO 2012 - "FAZENDO A CABEÇA".
- REUNIÃO Marcha da Maconha SP 2012 - ORÇAMENTO E DEFINIÇÃO DA MANIFESTAÇÃO.
- Marcha da Maconha São Paulo.
- Marcha da Maconha São Paulo - Data a confirmar.
- Reunião da Marcha da Maconha SP 2012.
- Marcha da Maconha SP no Catarse - colabore com a campanha de arrecadação.
- FACEBOOKAÇO E TWITTAÇO MARCHA DA MACONHA SP - #MM2012.
- CONCURSO DE FANTASIAS MARCHA DA MACONHA SP 2012.
- Flyer and long event description.
- Photos: Marcha da Maconha.
- Marcha da Maconha SP 2012 · Catarse.
- Sandrão, do RZO, grava clipe na Marcha da Maconha SP e recebe apoio de famosos : DAR – Desentorpecendo A Razão.
- Photos: Linda, livre e de luta : Veja fotos da histórica Marcha da Maconha São Paulo 2012 : DAR – Desentorpecendo A Razão.
GMM, May 21 in Sao Paulo:
- Military Police Attack Marijuana Protesters In Brazil. Toke of the Town. By Steve Elliott. May 21, 2011 article, with embedded videos.
- Marcha da Maconha – Blog » Press Release 2011. List of cities, times, and dates for Brazil GMM.
Some Google News results for the 2011 Global Marijuana March.
- See the index mirrored here and here. By language:
- mmm2011news2.htm - English. Brazil news is on top.
Sao Paulo: saopaulo(at)marchadamaconha.org http://www.marchadamaconha.org/board .14:00 hs, Parque Ibirapuera.
- - 11 - 34614374 or thiago.maf(at)gmail.com . saopaulo(at)marchadamaconha.org http://www.marchadamaconha.org/board .14:00 hs, Parque Ibirapuera.
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnVZgLatz6c
GMM. May 4, 2008:
- Sao Paulo: Leandro Fagundes Coelho "JUCO" fagundes_sp(at)hotmail.com +55 - 11 - 91242502 +55 - 11 - 34614374 or thiago.maf(at)gmail.com . saopaulo(at)marchadamaconha.org http://www.marchadamaconha.org/board .14:00 hs, Parque Ibirapuera.
- Google translation of intro text for video: "Despite the legal prohibition about 200 people gathered, on 04/05/2008, on the marquee Ibirapuera Park to discuss the legalization of marijuana. Congratulations to all the demonstrators present, congratulations to the organizers (collective). Long live freedom of expression."
Cost of drug warEdit
- See longer article: Cost of U.S. drug war. See also: Drug war charts and maps. See cannabis arrests. See Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate.
- Yes, We DO Give Life Sentences For Marijuana in the USA. By Cheri Sicard. June 16, 2014. See Life for Pot site. Newt Gingrich wanted executions. Long mandatory minimum sentences are one factor in making the drug war so costly.
- War on drugs a trillion-dollar failure - CNN.com. By Richard Branson, Special to CNN, December 7, 2012.
|Cost of U.S. drug war. Even $1.5 trillion dollars is conservative since many crimes are committed in order to get money for drugs. Correction costs alone averaged $30,600 per inmate in 2007. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Economics - Drug War Facts. See: 32 Reasons Why We Need To End The War On Drugs - Business Insider. See: The Budgetary Impact of Ending Drug Prohibition.|
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation (b c). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. See cost of U.S. drug war: 1.5 trillion dollars! Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|Appendix Table 1. Total justice expenditures,|
fiscal year 1982–2007. USA.
|Nominal dollars (not adjusted for inflation), and real dollars (inflation adjusted to 2007 constant dollars).|
$228 billion in 2007. Police, corrections, courts.
|Justice Expenditures and Employment, FY 1982-2007 - Statistical Tables. NCJ 236218. By Tracey Kyckelhahn, Ph.D., BJS Statistician. December 2011. U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS). See chart.|
- 2010 state prison costs: The Price of Prisons: What Incarceration Costs Taxpayers. By the Vera Institute of Justice. "Total taxpayer cost per inmate. Among the 40 states surveyed, representing more than 1.2 million inmates (of 1.4 million total people incarcerated in all 50 state prison systems), the total per-inmate cost averaged $31,286 and ranged from $14,603 in Kentucky to $60,076 in New York (see Figure 4)."
|"We are the party of lower taxes for the American people". - John Boehner, Republican Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives. December 21, 2011. Share link.|
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
|Cannabis is safer!|
Quotes in the image to the left (and in the text below) are from the U.S. government's landmark 1999 Institute of Medicine (IOM) report, Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base. The full text of the report is available for free online at the above link, and is searchable. The table of contents by chapter is on the sidebar. The report is also available as a free PDF download. Quotes below are followed by their references. Emphasis added.
Page 109: "Indeed, epidemiological data indicate that in the general population marijuana use is not associated with increased mortality. 138"
Page 107: "When heavy marijuana use accompanies these symptoms [amotivation], the drug is often cited as the cause, but no convincing data demonstrate a causal relationship between marijuana smoking and these behavior characteristics. 23"
Page 119: "There is no conclusive evidence that marijuana causes cancer in humans, including cancers usually related to tobacco use."
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President.