|See 2014, 2015 Global Cannabis March. Crowd photos.|
|"The Birth of a Nation" in 1915, 100 years ago. First blockbuster movie. Roots of hate radio, Fox News, Nixon's racist Southern Strategy. And racist drug war. And federal narcotic law enforcement began in 1915.|
- Louisiana reduces marijuana penalties, and becomes the first state in the South to make medical marijuana available for a wide range of chronically ill patients. . And: 600 churches call for an end to the drug war. And: Baltimore narcotics cop reveals all the horrible things he saw on the job. And: Bree Newsome removes Confederate flag from South Carolina Capitol. And: Columbia becomes first U.S. university to divest from prisons. .
- Republicans crushed. Delaware decriminalizes marijuana . Kansas Republicans: Mother Faces 30 Years For Cannabis To Treat Crohn’s Disease. She is losing weight, and sustained an infection in the roof of her mouth . Reaganism collapses: Tax cuts for rich made Kansas broke — so Republicans raise taxes on poor. .
|2015. 70th anniversary: Victory over fascism. 35th year: Reagan's cannabis war. See: Republicans killing most cannabis legislation (except low-THC) state by state. Support legislation. See: Prison-industrial complex infographics. Jobs versus Jails. Obama's overtime rule to raise pay of 5 million workers.|
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
- Brazil. Cannabis-related links.
- marchadamaconha.org - forums. Google site search for Sao Paulo. Sao Paulo forum.
- Email: saopaulo (at) marchadamaconha.org
Social media, Facebook Edit
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Sao Paulo.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Sao Paulo.
- Wikitravel: Sao Paulo.
- WeBeHigh.com: Sao Paulo.
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 848 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
GMM, May 19:
- AULA PÚBLICA MARCHA DA MACONHA SÃO PAULO 2012 - "FAZENDO A CABEÇA".
- REUNIÃO Marcha da Maconha SP 2012 - ORÇAMENTO E DEFINIÇÃO DA MANIFESTAÇÃO.
- Marcha da Maconha São Paulo.
- Marcha da Maconha São Paulo - Data a confirmar.
- Reunião da Marcha da Maconha SP 2012.
- Marcha da Maconha SP no Catarse - colabore com a campanha de arrecadação.
- FACEBOOKAÇO E TWITTAÇO MARCHA DA MACONHA SP - #MM2012.
- CONCURSO DE FANTASIAS MARCHA DA MACONHA SP 2012.
- Flyer and long event description.
- Photos: Marcha da Maconha.
- Marcha da Maconha SP 2012 · Catarse.
- Sandrão, do RZO, grava clipe na Marcha da Maconha SP e recebe apoio de famosos : DAR – Desentorpecendo A Razão.
- Photos: Linda, livre e de luta : Veja fotos da histórica Marcha da Maconha São Paulo 2012 : DAR – Desentorpecendo A Razão.
GMM, May 21 in Sao Paulo:
- Military Police Attack Marijuana Protesters In Brazil. Toke of the Town. By Steve Elliott. May 21, 2011 article, with embedded videos.
- Marcha da Maconha – Blog » Press Release 2011. List of cities, times, and dates for Brazil GMM.
Some Google News results for the 2011 Global Marijuana March.
- See the index mirrored here and here. By language:
- mmm2011news2.htm - English. Brazil news is on top.
Sao Paulo: saopaulo(at)marchadamaconha.org http://www.marchadamaconha.org/board .14:00 hs, Parque Ibirapuera.
- - 11 - 34614374 or thiago.maf(at)gmail.com . saopaulo(at)marchadamaconha.org http://www.marchadamaconha.org/board .14:00 hs, Parque Ibirapuera.
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnVZgLatz6c
GMM. May 4, 2008:
- Sao Paulo: Leandro Fagundes Coelho "JUCO" fagundes_sp(at)hotmail.com +55 - 11 - 91242502 +55 - 11 - 34614374 or thiago.maf(at)gmail.com . saopaulo(at)marchadamaconha.org http://www.marchadamaconha.org/board .14:00 hs, Parque Ibirapuera.
- Google translation of intro text for video: "Despite the legal prohibition about 200 people gathered, on 04/05/2008, on the marquee Ibirapuera Park to discuss the legalization of marijuana. Congratulations to all the demonstrators present, congratulations to the organizers (collective). Long live freedom of expression."
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer.
- He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
- Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video. Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President of the USA.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015. Obama also said: "Last year you had the first time in 40 years where the crime rate and the incarceration rate went down at the same time."
- Holder's Legacy: Steering Away From the Drug War and Mass Incarceration. .
- U.S.: Attorney General Eric Holder Ends Incentive For Law Enforcement To Seize Property.
Reagan's war on cannabis Edit
|Drug war + Trickle-down Reaganomics, = mass incarceration and mass control.|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech : "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."
|2015. The 70th anniversary of victory over fascism. The 35th anniversary of Reagan's war on cannabis.|
Cost of drug warEdit
- See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Drug war charts and maps. See: cannabis arrests.
|See article: Drug war cost charts, infographics, and links.|
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|