|See 2014 Global Cannabis March, and 420 city lists.|
- Religious tyranny: Saudi Arabia beheads 4 for pot. Religious Right: Supported Life for Pot. . Newt Gingrich wanted executions.
- Dumb and dumber 2. George and Jeb Bush. Jeb Bush opposes Florida medical marijuana initiative..
- Oregon Sheriff’s Association campaigns against ballot initiative. . Vote Yes on 91..
- 2 Incarceration Nations (USA and Russia) itching for war. . Costs. . News.
- Crazy Florida Republicans : Medical Marijuana Cookies Could Lead To Date Rape..
- U.S. Republicans and Religious Right desperately trying to rewrite history of their costly support for drug war, Iraq War WMD lies, militant Christian Zionism, Israeli settlers stealing land , Israeli apartheid , renewal of centuries-old Sunni-Shiite civil wars, and rampant death squads on both sides. .
- Congressional Republicans Rail Against Legalization Of Marijuana.
- Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions . Worldwide peace movement against more wars:
- Latin America comes out in force against Israel . By AFP. A Plea for Peace. By Javier Bardem. .
- U.S.: 80 Organizations Come Together To Protect the Kids and End the Drug War. .
- US war costs: Drug war, Iraq war, Afghanistan war, and Gaza wars .
- Lobbyists: Private prisons, guards, military industries, Russian nationalists, Israel lobby.
|More cannabis-related links, city lists, and graphics.|
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
- Brazil. Cannabis-related links.
- marchadamaconha.org - forums. Google site search for Sao Paulo. Sao Paulo forum.
- Email: saopaulo (at) marchadamaconha.org
Social media, Facebook Edit
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Sao Paulo.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Sao Paulo.
- Wikitravel: Sao Paulo.
- WeBeHigh.com: Sao Paulo.
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 845 different cities have signed up from 75 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
Right-click any region for its city list.
GMM, May 19:
- AULA PÚBLICA MARCHA DA MACONHA SÃO PAULO 2012 - "FAZENDO A CABEÇA".
- REUNIÃO Marcha da Maconha SP 2012 - ORÇAMENTO E DEFINIÇÃO DA MANIFESTAÇÃO.
- Marcha da Maconha São Paulo.
- Marcha da Maconha São Paulo - Data a confirmar.
- Reunião da Marcha da Maconha SP 2012.
- Marcha da Maconha SP no Catarse - colabore com a campanha de arrecadação.
- FACEBOOKAÇO E TWITTAÇO MARCHA DA MACONHA SP - #MM2012.
- CONCURSO DE FANTASIAS MARCHA DA MACONHA SP 2012.
- Flyer and long event description.
- Photos: Marcha da Maconha.
- Marcha da Maconha SP 2012 · Catarse.
- Sandrão, do RZO, grava clipe na Marcha da Maconha SP e recebe apoio de famosos : DAR – Desentorpecendo A Razão.
- Photos: Linda, livre e de luta : Veja fotos da histórica Marcha da Maconha São Paulo 2012 : DAR – Desentorpecendo A Razão.
GMM, May 21 in Sao Paulo:
- Military Police Attack Marijuana Protesters In Brazil. Toke of the Town. By Steve Elliott. May 21, 2011 article, with embedded videos.
- Marcha da Maconha – Blog » Press Release 2011. List of cities, times, and dates for Brazil GMM.
Some Google News results for the 2011 Global Marijuana March.
- See the index mirrored here and here. By language:
- mmm2011news2.htm - English. Brazil news is on top.
Sao Paulo: saopaulo(at)marchadamaconha.org http://www.marchadamaconha.org/board .14:00 hs, Parque Ibirapuera.
- - 11 - 34614374 or thiago.maf(at)gmail.com . saopaulo(at)marchadamaconha.org http://www.marchadamaconha.org/board .14:00 hs, Parque Ibirapuera.
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnVZgLatz6c
GMM. May 4, 2008:
- Sao Paulo: Leandro Fagundes Coelho "JUCO" fagundes_sp(at)hotmail.com +55 - 11 - 91242502 +55 - 11 - 34614374 or thiago.maf(at)gmail.com . saopaulo(at)marchadamaconha.org http://www.marchadamaconha.org/board .14:00 hs, Parque Ibirapuera.
- Google translation of intro text for video: "Despite the legal prohibition about 200 people gathered, on 04/05/2008, on the marquee Ibirapuera Park to discuss the legalization of marijuana. Congratulations to all the demonstrators present, congratulations to the organizers (collective). Long live freedom of expression."
|More info, tips, links, and |
media of all kinds.
Note: Update any section of this page. Feel free to add sections for years, events, legal initiatives, history, people, organizations, gatherings, and so on. Add links and info of all kinds. Some sources: Category:Cannabis-related events, GMM yearly city lists, GMM links, wikipedia:Category:Cannabis activism, cannabis culture, etc.. Also, search the web (add city to search) for cannabis activism, groups, 420 events, harvest festival events, ballot initiatives, court cases, etc.. Add links for reports, articles, photos, graphics (posters, banners, flyers), videos, press, media coverage, etc.. Upload photos and graphics. You can help: Category:Work in progress. See also: Video help and search links.
Incarceration rates Edit
|See list of incarceration rates by country (b c). Compare the rates. Due to the Drug War the USA has the highest incarceration rate in the world. See cost of U.S. drug war: 1.5 trillion dollars! Let's Break the Taboo! Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
The purple elephant in the room:
Cost of drug warEdit
|Cost of U.S. drug war. Even $1.5 trillion dollars is conservative since many crimes are committed in order to get money for drugs. Correction costs alone averaged $30,600 per inmate in 2007. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Economics - Drug War Facts. See: 32 Reasons Why We Need To End The War On Drugs - Business Insider. See: The Budgetary Impact of Ending Drug Prohibition.|
Breaking the Taboo Edit
- Share link: taboo
Home Page (BreakingTheTaboo.info). More info . See TabooBreakers on Twitter. See Global Commission on Drug Policy and Facebook page. Quotes from video clips on the trailer: President Richard Nixon: "total war against public enemy number one". President Ronald Wilson Reagan: "When we say no to drugs it will be clear that we mean absolutely none". President George H.W. Bush: "Some think there won't be room for them in jail. We'll make room". Morgan Freeman: "Since 1971 2.5 trillion dollars have been spent on the War on Drugs". Look who's breaking the taboo: Richard Branson, Kate Winslet, Sam Branson, Morgan Freeman, and many more. See also: MarijuanaMajority.com. Share link. Full version in English is no longer available online. Hey Richard Branson, George Soros, or whoever, please buy it and put it back online!
Quentin Tarantino Edit
| Quentin Tarantino. Video:|
War on Drugs is Like Slavery.