|See 2014 Global Cannabis March, and 420 city lists.|
- Texas! Houston. District Attorney Race Too Close To Call. . Democrat Ogg for marijuana possession tickets, not arrests and jail.
- Oregon: Moms from Oregon, Colorado and Washington Endorse Measure 91 Marijuana Legalization. Hemp News.
- Scientists Solve Mystery Of Pot-Smoking Siberian 'Ice Princess'. . Shamanic tattoo says to vote out Republican drug warriors.
- The drug war is part of the Republican war on the poor. See infographic. Along with other mass incarceration, student debt, disenfranchisement, wealth inequality.
- Obama’s nominee for a top DOJ slot has said states could legalize marijuana. . She leads ACLU's National Campaign to End Mass Incarceration.
- Where marijuana is legalized, decriminalized or on the November ballot. Table. Washington Post.
- Bill Gates Thinks Thomas Piketty's Attack On Inequality Is Right. The Economist agrees. Huffington Post: Key Inequality Measure Highest Since Great Depression.
Voting for most Republicans keeps boots on the ground longer: In cannabis wars, in Sunni-Shia holy wars, in cultural wars of the Religious Right in the USA. It all distracts from the failure of trickle-down economics  of the 1%.
- 60-second interview: Actor and comedian Tommy Chong. "No longer counter-culture, now I call it over-the-counter culture."
If a bigot like Henry Ford can figure out higher wages (and hemp), maybe so can the do-nothing Republican Congress.
- D.C.: Marijuana Legalization Initiative Receives Major Labor Endorsements. Hemp.org - Hemp News.
~ See: Cannabis news sources. Facebook: Global Marijuana March. And: Cannabis and 2014 U.S. election, Nov. 4.
Running an economy is simple. The free market concentrates wealth. So progressive taxation is a necessity. Along with a living minimum wage. If money is constantly recycled, then people have money to spend, and unemployment is low. Also, there is less crime, and less spending for police, courts, and prisons. So more money goes to individuals to keep the economy running.
- Millions of Americans to vote on marijuana legalization. Travel guru Rick Steves campaigns. . USA Today.
Astounding Percentage Disapprove Of GOP. Republican politicians, private prisons, and sheriffs still want cannabis war. Obama says let states decide. House voted (with only a few Republicans) to let states alone on medical cannabis.
- 2014: State Ballot Measures to Watch. In Kiplinger's Personal Finance. "Minimum wage, marijuana and abortion measures".
|More cannabis-related links, city lists, and graphics.|
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
- Brazil. Cannabis-related links.
- marchadamaconha.org - forums. Google site search for Sao Paulo. Sao Paulo forum.
- Email: saopaulo (at) marchadamaconha.org
Social media, Facebook Edit
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Sao Paulo.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Sao Paulo.
- Wikitravel: Sao Paulo.
- WeBeHigh.com: Sao Paulo.
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 845 different cities have signed up from 75 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
Right-click any region for its city list.
GMM, May 19:
- AULA PÚBLICA MARCHA DA MACONHA SÃO PAULO 2012 - "FAZENDO A CABEÇA".
- REUNIÃO Marcha da Maconha SP 2012 - ORÇAMENTO E DEFINIÇÃO DA MANIFESTAÇÃO.
- Marcha da Maconha São Paulo.
- Marcha da Maconha São Paulo - Data a confirmar.
- Reunião da Marcha da Maconha SP 2012.
- Marcha da Maconha SP no Catarse - colabore com a campanha de arrecadação.
- FACEBOOKAÇO E TWITTAÇO MARCHA DA MACONHA SP - #MM2012.
- CONCURSO DE FANTASIAS MARCHA DA MACONHA SP 2012.
- Flyer and long event description.
- Photos: Marcha da Maconha.
- Marcha da Maconha SP 2012 · Catarse.
- Sandrão, do RZO, grava clipe na Marcha da Maconha SP e recebe apoio de famosos : DAR – Desentorpecendo A Razão.
- Photos: Linda, livre e de luta : Veja fotos da histórica Marcha da Maconha São Paulo 2012 : DAR – Desentorpecendo A Razão.
GMM, May 21 in Sao Paulo:
- Military Police Attack Marijuana Protesters In Brazil. Toke of the Town. By Steve Elliott. May 21, 2011 article, with embedded videos.
- Marcha da Maconha – Blog » Press Release 2011. List of cities, times, and dates for Brazil GMM.
Some Google News results for the 2011 Global Marijuana March.
- See the index mirrored here and here. By language:
- mmm2011news2.htm - English. Brazil news is on top.
Sao Paulo: saopaulo(at)marchadamaconha.org http://www.marchadamaconha.org/board .14:00 hs, Parque Ibirapuera.
- - 11 - 34614374 or thiago.maf(at)gmail.com . saopaulo(at)marchadamaconha.org http://www.marchadamaconha.org/board .14:00 hs, Parque Ibirapuera.
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnVZgLatz6c
GMM. May 4, 2008:
- Sao Paulo: Leandro Fagundes Coelho "JUCO" fagundes_sp(at)hotmail.com +55 - 11 - 91242502 +55 - 11 - 34614374 or thiago.maf(at)gmail.com . saopaulo(at)marchadamaconha.org http://www.marchadamaconha.org/board .14:00 hs, Parque Ibirapuera.
- Google translation of intro text for video: "Despite the legal prohibition about 200 people gathered, on 04/05/2008, on the marquee Ibirapuera Park to discuss the legalization of marijuana. Congratulations to all the demonstrators present, congratulations to the organizers (collective). Long live freedom of expression."
|More info, tips, links, and |
media of all kinds.
Note: Update any section of this page. Feel free to add sections for years, events, legal initiatives, history, people, organizations, gatherings, and so on. Add links and info of all kinds. Some sources: Category:Cannabis-related events, GMM yearly city lists, GMM links, wikipedia:Category:Cannabis activism, cannabis culture, etc.. Also, search the web (add city to search) for cannabis activism, groups, 420 events, harvest festival events, ballot initiatives, court cases, etc.. Add links for reports, articles, photos, graphics (posters, banners, flyers), videos, press, media coverage, etc.. Upload photos and graphics. You can help: Category:Work in progress. See also: Video help and search links.
Incarceration rates Edit
|See list of incarceration rates by country (b c). Compare the rates. Due to the Drug War the USA has the highest incarceration rate in the world. See cost of U.S. drug war: 1.5 trillion dollars! Let's Break the Taboo! Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
The purple elephant in the room:
Cost of drug warEdit
|Cost of U.S. drug war. Even $1.5 trillion dollars is conservative since many crimes are committed in order to get money for drugs. Correction costs alone averaged $30,600 per inmate in 2007. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Economics - Drug War Facts. See: 32 Reasons Why We Need To End The War On Drugs - Business Insider. See: The Budgetary Impact of Ending Drug Prohibition.|
Breaking the Taboo Edit
- Share link: taboo
Home Page (BreakingTheTaboo.info). More info . See TabooBreakers on Twitter. See Global Commission on Drug Policy and Facebook page. Quotes from video clips on the trailer: President Richard Nixon: "total war against public enemy number one". President Ronald Wilson Reagan: "When we say no to drugs it will be clear that we mean absolutely none". President George H.W. Bush: "Some think there won't be room for them in jail. We'll make room". Morgan Freeman: "Since 1971 2.5 trillion dollars have been spent on the War on Drugs". Look who's breaking the taboo: Richard Branson, Kate Winslet, Sam Branson, Morgan Freeman, and many more. See also: MarijuanaMajority.com. Share link. Full version in English is no longer available online. Hey Richard Branson, George Soros, or whoever, please buy it and put it back online!
Quentin Tarantino Edit
| Quentin Tarantino. Video:|
War on Drugs is Like Slavery.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- See Cannabis is safer.
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .