First Marijuana Testing for Vets with PTSD Underway in Phoenix; Volunteers Wanted. And: Hemp Industries Association Sues DEA Over Illegal Attempt to Regulate Hemp Foods as Schedule I Drugs. And: Will Trump Crush the Modest Progress in Fighting Mass Incarceration? Momentum at state level. .
Canada. Human rights board orders insurer to pay medical marijuana costs in precedent-setting case . Washington Post article: Repealing the Affordable Care Act will kill more than 43,000 people annually, and 30 million will lose their healthcare coverage. Physicians for a National Health Program. Will 2018 midterm elections remove Republicans? And: Marijuana and gender equity: Cannabis industry is a magnet for women executives
And: Marijuana, made in Italy: Inside the military police cannabis lab. And: Israel moves to decriminalize marijuana use . And: Germany expands medical cannabis legalization. Insurance will pay for it. . And: People in the US and Canada spent over $53 billion on marijuana in 2016. And: Mass incarceration doesn't do much to fight crime. But it costs an absurd $182 billion a year. And: Imagine That! Police Solve Far More Murders After they Stop Arresting Cannabis Users.
. And: And: DEA Slapped in Face: American Epilepsy Society Accepts Marijuana Extract Obliterates Seizures in Epileptic Children. And: Big Pharma Shaking in Their Boots as 80% of Cannabis Users Give Up Prescription Pills for Pot. And: A Trump Fan Cheering Obamacare Repeal Just Found Out He’s On Obamacare. Hilarity Ensues. And: New UN chief António Guterres was Prime Minister of Portugal when it decriminalized drugs . And: Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin (Democrat) Pardons 192 for Marijuana Convictions. And: New Study: Cigarettes Tied To Increased Stroke Risk But Not Marijuana. And: 15 charts that show how Obamacare works now — and how Republicans would overhaul it.
The US federal minimum wage hit its peak purchasing power nearly 50 years ago. And: Canada has universal health care, and a higher minimum wage than the US. And: On average, states with medical marijuana laws see dips in fatal car crashes.And:
Republican governor Kasich quietly bans Cleveland voters from raising minimum wage in their city. And: Working full time at state minimum wage is not enough for a one-bedroom apartment in any state. Click states. And: Bernie Sanders: Americans pay highest prices for pharmaceutical drugs in the world. And: Branford, Connecticut. America’s oldest hospice to study medical marijuana.And:
He already violated health care promises by appointing Tom Price.
- Russia. Cannabis-related links
MANIFESTO Cannabis Legalization League
In our story we got to the point where history merges with the political energies of the moment. Contemporary Debates, whose theme is the use of substances and their abuse, should be on a par with equivalent problems - problems of poverty and overpopulation, environmental destruction and the undue political aspirations.
Terence McKenna. "Food of the Gods"
The key task Cannabis Legalization League (hereinafter - the League) believes ending the "demonization" and the complete rehabilitation of hemp (cannabis sativa, cannabis indica and cannabis ruderalis) and its derivatives (hereinafter - the hemp).
Stop the criminal and administrative prosecution of consumers psychoactive hemp
Ending discrimination depending on the type of surfactant consumed: equalize the rights of consumers of cannabis to consumers of alcohol and tobacco
Stop using the term "drug" in relation to psychoactive cannabis and its derivatives, as untrue
Ensure free access to information about cannabis and stop on her permanent disinformation, acting in the interests of representatives of the criminal market psychoactive substances and alcohol producers
Revision of the Convention of the United Nations: Single Convention on Narcotic Drugs of 1961 "," Convention on Psychotropic Substances of 1971. "," United Nations Convention against Illicit Traffic in Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances of 1988 "
Develop, adopt and put into effect:
amendments to existing legislation, the maximum ease the procedure for issuance of commercial activities on agricultural cultivation and industrial use of technical grades of hemp
legislative and statutory regulations governing the cultivation, processing and distribution of cannabis and its derivatives, as well as taxation of these activities along the lines of those rules that operate in Russia with regard to alcoholic beverages and tobacco products.
legislative and statutory regulations governing the medical use of cannabis and drugs based on it.
legislation and subordinate legislation allowing for the cultivation of non-commercial purposes up to 10 plants psychoactive hemp.
Methods of the League:
League believes its methods of political dialogue, nonviolent protest and civil disobedience.
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Samara
- Wikipedia: Samara
- Wikitravel: Samara
- WeBeHigh.org: Cities by region and nation. By U.S. state. Or search.
- WeBeHigh.com - home page lists all cities.
Global Marijuana March (GMM) Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 882 different cities have signed up from 80 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
See GMM: basic city lists, detailed city lists, graphics, photos, maps, regions, links, years. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondial du Cannabis. And: Global Marijuana March.
|2017, 2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos.|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
globalmarijuanamarch.org/2007.php#europe - archive
2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 Edit
May 6, 2017, Saturday, or thereabouts. And April 20 (4/20), or thereabouts. Rallies and marches overall change public opinion for the better! See: Cannabis polls.
- 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. - Worldwide.
- USA. 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 city list. - USA.
- 420 event lists. - Worldwide.
|US states that have legalized|
as of November 2016 election.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Presidents can not reschedule it Edit
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
The president alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
Drug-war mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money.|
Green love Edit
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|
End drug war with Universal Healthcare Edit
- See article: End drug war with universal healthcare.
No deductibles on basic Canadian health care and co-pays are extremely low or non-existent. Portugal has universal healthcare. Like Canada. Like nearly all of the EU (European Union). See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Health in Portugal and Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal.
- Portugal decriminalised drugs 14 years ago – and now hardly anyone dies from overdosing. 2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article:
"The country has 3 overdose deaths per million citizens, compared to the EU average of 17.3."