- Share link: Rio
|See 2014, 2015 Global Cannabis March, and 420 city lists.|
- Bill Maher Creates Petition to Make 4/20 a National Holiday. . He delivers a fairy tale for the occasion, 'Twas The Night Before 4/20.'... Video:
|2015. The 70th anniversary of victory over fascism. The 35th anniversary of Reagan's war on cannabis.|
- The 9 States Where Marijuana Will Be Legalized Last. Mormons, religious militants, and Republicans, The Axis of Evil. How come religious fanatics are destroying the world? Spirituality is fine as long as it is not forced on others.
|The drug war is a religious war against a spiritual plant. That old-time religion, and their crusades.|
- Jamaica. Obama answers marijuana question. . His visit to Bob Marley museum. That rainbow photo!
Ronald Reagan, 1980 : "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example." - Reaganism: Cannabis war, trickle-down economics, code-word racism, hate radio, mass incarceration.
Social media, Facebook Edit
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
- Brazil. Cannabis-related links.
- Cabeça Feita.
- marchadamaconha.org - forums. Google site search for Rio de Janeiro.
- Movimento Nacional Pela Legalizacao Das Drogas.
- Cultura Cannabica
- Cultura Verde.
- Youtube link. "Brazilian Judge Says Legalize All Drugs Worldwide." Video posted April 02, 2010 - "Retired Brazilian judge Maria Lucia Karam talks about the need to end drug cartel violence by legalizing and regulating all currently illegal drugs. Judge Karam is a member of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP), which any citizen can join for free at CopsSayLegalizeDrugs.com"
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Rio de Janeiro.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Rio de Janeiro.
- Wikitravel: Rio de Janeiro.
- WeBeHigh.org: Cities by region and nation. By U.S. state. Or search.
- WeBeHigh.org -
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 848 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
Right-click any region for its city list.
GMM, May 11:
GMM, May 5:
- Forum: Marcha Da Maconha 2012 - Rio De Janeiro - Growroom.
- Marcha da Maconha reúne 10 mil no Rio de Janeiro - Portal Vermelho.
- Photos and article: Vírus Planetário – Marcha da Maconha de 5 de maio : marco na luta por direitos civis e sociais.
- Photos, article, video: Marcha da maconha Rio de Janeiro 2012.
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. May 7, 2011. "Pictures of the march with the bands 'Plant in the Mind' and 'Vegetable Orchestra'. At the end of the video images of police violence!!! 5000 people in Rio! and have over 19 cities marching for legalization in the country in 2011! The whole world is marching to end marijuana prohibition!" -- (See quote source). Youtube link.
Rio de Janeiro: William riodejaneiro(at)marchadamaconha.org http://www.marchadamaconha.org or http://www.psicotropicus.org Psicotropicus, Rua Presidente Vargas 590, sala 515, 20.071-000, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. 15:00 hs, Arpoador, Ipanema May 9
GMM May 9, 2009:
- Media: "Cabinet Minister Joins March to Legalize Pot in Brazil." May 10, 2009. Latin American Herald Tribune.
- Blog on court case: http://rogeliocasado.blogspot.com/2009/04/libero-geral.html
- Videos: http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=marcha+maconha+rio+de+janeiro+2009
Rio de Janeiro: William contato(at)marchadamaconha.org http://www.marchadamaconha.org or Louz Paulo Guanabara 01155-212-516-1102 Cel: (55-21) 8114-5218 http://www.psicotropicus.org Psicotropicus, Rua Presidente Vargas 590, sala 515, 20.071-000, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil 14:00 hs, Arpoador, Ipanema
- Google searches: . . Videos. Images. Marijuana is 'maconha' in Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal).
- Flickr search: .
- English coverage of Global Marijuana March 2008 repression in Brazil:    . Reports with many videos linked by Brazilian city:  .
- Media preview.
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X8c-Dh141o
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7izTWR4vlWk
- cannabiscafe.net forum. 2.
Elite Squad Edit
2007 movie about Rio that has sparked a discussion about drugs in Brazil:
- Link: http://legalizacaodasdrogas.sites.uol.com.br
- Link: http://www.psicotropicus.org
- Photos: http://gallery.marihemp.com/riodejaneiro2005mmm
- Photos: http://www.midiaindependente.org/pt/blue//2005/05/316686.shtml
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer.
- He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President of the USA.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015. Obama also said: "Last year you had the first time in 40 years where the crime rate and the incarceration rate went down at the same time."
- Holder's Legacy: Steering Away From the Drug War and Mass Incarceration. .
- U.S.: Attorney General Eric Holder Ends Incentive For Law Enforcement To Seize Property.
Drug war + Trickle-Down Economics Edit
Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech : "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."
- See context, and above quote, at 1 minute 7 seconds into this video clip narrated by Woody Harrelson.
|Drug war + trickle-down Reaganomics = mass incarceration and mass control.|
Cost of drug warEdit
- See article: Cost of U.S. drug war. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See also: Drug war charts and maps. See: cannabis arrests.
|Drug war cost charts, infographics, and links.|
Click the infographics to enlarge them.
Obamacare is better than the old healthcare system. Drug rehab for harder drugs is now paid for by Obamacare. It is far cheaper than jail. But Obamacare does not cover everybody because of the incredible waste of health insurance companies. Single-payer covers everybody (including veterans, most of whom are only partially covered by Veterans Administration care). It is much easier to use (almost no paperwork for patients), is far cheaper per capita , and gets better overall health results. U.S. Healthcare Ranked Dead Last Compared To 10 Other Countries. June 16, 2014. Forbes: "Many continue to falsely assume that we pay more for healthcare because we get better health (or better health outcomes)." Why Do Other Rich Nations Spend So Much Less on Healthcare? The Atlantic. July 23, 2014. And 200 million claims were denied yearly before Obamacare. .
Health insurance companies suck money from their hosts, but provide no tangible service. Just like toll-road companies. See: Toll Roads Are A Bad Idea. Both just handle the money, and take a cut of the money. They build costly buildings to house the accounting staff, and claim deniers. Costly 16-lane toll plazas are built, often on expensive urban land.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|