- Share link: Rio
|See 2014, 2015 Global Cannabis March. Crowd photos.|
|"The Birth of a Nation" in 1915, 100 years ago. First blockbuster movie. Roots of hate radio, Fox News, Nixon's racist Southern Strategy. And racist drug war. And federal narcotic law enforcement began in 1915.|
- Louisiana reduces marijuana penalties, and becomes the first state in the South to make medical marijuana available for a wide range of chronically ill patients. . And: 600 churches call for an end to the drug war. And: Baltimore narcotics cop reveals all the horrible things he saw on the job. And: Bree Newsome removes Confederate flag from South Carolina Capitol. And: Columbia becomes first U.S. university to divest from prisons. .
- Republicans crushed. Delaware decriminalizes marijuana . Kansas Republicans: Mother Faces 30 Years For Cannabis To Treat Crohn’s Disease. She is losing weight, and sustained an infection in the roof of her mouth . Reaganism collapses: Tax cuts for rich made Kansas broke — so Republicans raise taxes on poor. .
|2015. 70th anniversary: Victory over fascism. 35th year: Reagan's cannabis war. See: Republicans killing most cannabis legislation (except low-THC) state by state. Support legislation. See: Prison-industrial complex infographics. Jobs versus Jails. Obama's overtime rule to raise pay of 5 million workers.|
Social media, Facebook Edit
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
- Brazil. Cannabis-related links.
- Cabeça Feita.
- marchadamaconha.org - forums. Google site search for Rio de Janeiro.
- Movimento Nacional Pela Legalizacao Das Drogas.
- Cultura Cannabica
- Cultura Verde.
- Youtube link. "Brazilian Judge Says Legalize All Drugs Worldwide." Video posted April 02, 2010 - "Retired Brazilian judge Maria Lucia Karam talks about the need to end drug cartel violence by legalizing and regulating all currently illegal drugs. Judge Karam is a member of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP), which any citizen can join for free at CopsSayLegalizeDrugs.com"
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Rio de Janeiro.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Rio de Janeiro.
- Wikitravel: Rio de Janeiro.
- WeBeHigh.org: Cities by region and nation. By U.S. state. Or search.
- WeBeHigh.org -
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 848 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
GMM, May 11:
GMM, May 5:
- Forum: Marcha Da Maconha 2012 - Rio De Janeiro - Growroom.
- Marcha da Maconha reúne 10 mil no Rio de Janeiro - Portal Vermelho.
- Photos and article: Vírus Planetário – Marcha da Maconha de 5 de maio : marco na luta por direitos civis e sociais.
- Photos, article, video: Marcha da maconha Rio de Janeiro 2012.
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. May 7, 2011. "Pictures of the march with the bands 'Plant in the Mind' and 'Vegetable Orchestra'. At the end of the video images of police violence!!! 5000 people in Rio! and have over 19 cities marching for legalization in the country in 2011! The whole world is marching to end marijuana prohibition!" -- (See quote source). Youtube link.
Rio de Janeiro: William riodejaneiro(at)marchadamaconha.org http://www.marchadamaconha.org or http://www.psicotropicus.org Psicotropicus, Rua Presidente Vargas 590, sala 515, 20.071-000, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. 15:00 hs, Arpoador, Ipanema May 9
GMM May 9, 2009:
- Media: "Cabinet Minister Joins March to Legalize Pot in Brazil." May 10, 2009. Latin American Herald Tribune.
- Blog on court case: http://rogeliocasado.blogspot.com/2009/04/libero-geral.html
- Videos: http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=marcha+maconha+rio+de+janeiro+2009
Rio de Janeiro: William contato(at)marchadamaconha.org http://www.marchadamaconha.org or Louz Paulo Guanabara 01155-212-516-1102 Cel: (55-21) 8114-5218 http://www.psicotropicus.org Psicotropicus, Rua Presidente Vargas 590, sala 515, 20.071-000, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil 14:00 hs, Arpoador, Ipanema
- Google searches: . . Videos. Images. Marijuana is 'maconha' in Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal).
- Flickr search: .
- English coverage of Global Marijuana March 2008 repression in Brazil:    . Reports with many videos linked by Brazilian city:  .
- Media preview.
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X8c-Dh141o
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7izTWR4vlWk
- cannabiscafe.net forum. 2.
Elite Squad Edit
2007 movie about Rio that has sparked a discussion about drugs in Brazil:
- Link: http://legalizacaodasdrogas.sites.uol.com.br
- Link: http://www.psicotropicus.org
- Photos: http://gallery.marihemp.com/riodejaneiro2005mmm
- Photos: http://www.midiaindependente.org/pt/blue//2005/05/316686.shtml
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer.
- He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
- Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video. Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President of the USA.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015. Obama also said: "Last year you had the first time in 40 years where the crime rate and the incarceration rate went down at the same time."
- Holder's Legacy: Steering Away From the Drug War and Mass Incarceration. .
- U.S.: Attorney General Eric Holder Ends Incentive For Law Enforcement To Seize Property.
Reagan's war on cannabis Edit
|2015. The 70th anniversary of victory over fascism. The 35th anniversary of Reagan's war on cannabis.|
|Drug war + Trickle-down Reaganomics, = mass incarceration and mass control.|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech : "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."
Cost of drug warEdit
- See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Drug war charts and maps. See: cannabis arrests.
|See article: Drug war cost charts, infographics, and links.|
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|