- Share link: Rio
|See 2014 Global Cannabis March, and 420 city lists.|
- Colorado. Hardline Republican sneaking into Senate. . In House he voted against allowing medical cannabis in states.
- McConnell opposes medical marijuana. Grimes (Democrat) supports discussion. .
- Ballot initiatives can boost turnout 8%. Big 2014 issues are marijuana and minimum wage.
- Minimum wages around the world. By PolitiFact.com.
Majority Of Employers Say Raise The Minimum Wage. So why do Republicans block it?
- Americans Have No Idea How Bad Inequality Is. Drug war is war on poor. See infographic.
- Holder's Legacy: Steering Away From the Drug War and Mass Incarceration. .
Astounding Percentage Disapprove Of GOP. Republican politicians, private prisons, and sheriffs still want cannabis war; while Obama says let states decide. House voted (with only a few Republicans) to let states alone on medical cannabis.
- Marijuana advocates start their 2016 legalization fight in California today. .
- Election 2014! Tommy Chong Explains His Plan to Win! on Dancing with the Stars. . Photo with comments.
Remember Romney Republicans in 2012? Compare to 2014! Happy days are here again!:
- 2014. VoteMedicalMarijuana.org - exposes poor voting record of Republicans. Scoring. Evaluates candidates based on their legislative records.
See: Cannabis news sources. See Facebook: Global Marijuana March. And: Cannabis and 2014 U.S. election, November 4, Tuesday.
- Attorney general questions if marijuana should be in same legal category as heroin. .
- Will Illinois be 17th state to decriminalize? Democrat Rahm Emanuel in favor. .
- New Mexico court OKs marijuana ballot questions. Republicans opposed their inclusion.
- Alaska. Prominent Republicans fundraise for anti-Prop 2 group "Big Marijuana, Big Mistake".
- Marijuana: Italian Army to Grow Cannabis for Medical Purposes. International Business Times.
- Italy to Grow Medical Cannabis; Free Prisoners. . Release 10,000 pot prisoners. .
- Pussy Riot stops in Ann Arbor. . Fighting for prisoners' rights. Boston: .
- Reagan-era Reefer Madness regime: The NFL's Hazy Logic on Marijuana. Cannabis is safer.
- Illinois NORML 'Appalled' That GOP Candidate Would Delay Medical Marijuana Access.
- County opts for pot, tax questions on ballot. Albuquerque, New Mexico. 3-2 vote along party lines; Democrats in the majority.
- World Leaders on the Drug War: Legalize It! "Decriminalization and legal regulation of not just cannabis but as many of the drugs that are currently illegal as possible, with the understanding that some drugs may remain too dangerous to decriminalize". .
A Crucial Election Season for Legalizing Marijuana and Ending the Drug War. State-by-state info.
- U.S. Election, November 4, Tuesday. Absentee and Early Voting. State-by-state info. Turnout matters! State-by-state voter registration deadlines. October 3 in many states! See: Online registration.. And, Voter Registration by mail. CanIvote.org ~ Are you registered, and where is my polling place.
|More cannabis-related links, city lists, and graphics.|
Social media, Facebook Edit
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
- Brazil. Cannabis-related links.
- Cabeça Feita.
- marchadamaconha.org - forums. Google site search for Rio de Janeiro.
- Movimento Nacional Pela Legalizacao Das Drogas.
- Cultura Cannabica
- Cultura Verde.
- Youtube link. "Brazilian Judge Says Legalize All Drugs Worldwide." Video posted April 02, 2010 - "Retired Brazilian judge Maria Lucia Karam talks about the need to end drug cartel violence by legalizing and regulating all currently illegal drugs. Judge Karam is a member of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP), which any citizen can join for free at CopsSayLegalizeDrugs.com"
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Rio de Janeiro.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Rio de Janeiro.
- Wikitravel: Rio de Janeiro.
- WeBeHigh.org: Cities by region and nation. By U.S. state. Or search.
- WeBeHigh.org -
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 845 different cities have signed up from 75 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
Right-click any region for its city list.
GMM, May 11:
GMM, May 5:
- Forum: Marcha Da Maconha 2012 - Rio De Janeiro - Growroom.
- Marcha da Maconha reúne 10 mil no Rio de Janeiro - Portal Vermelho.
- Photos and article: Vírus Planetário – Marcha da Maconha de 5 de maio : marco na luta por direitos civis e sociais.
- Photos, article, video: Marcha da maconha Rio de Janeiro 2012.
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. May 7, 2011. "Pictures of the march with the bands 'Plant in the Mind' and 'Vegetable Orchestra'. At the end of the video images of police violence!!! 5000 people in Rio! and have over 19 cities marching for legalization in the country in 2011! The whole world is marching to end marijuana prohibition!" -- (See quote source). Youtube link.
Rio de Janeiro: William riodejaneiro(at)marchadamaconha.org http://www.marchadamaconha.org or http://www.psicotropicus.org Psicotropicus, Rua Presidente Vargas 590, sala 515, 20.071-000, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. 15:00 hs, Arpoador, Ipanema May 9
GMM May 9, 2009:
- Media: "Cabinet Minister Joins March to Legalize Pot in Brazil." May 10, 2009. Latin American Herald Tribune.
- Blog on court case: http://rogeliocasado.blogspot.com/2009/04/libero-geral.html
- Videos: http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=marcha+maconha+rio+de+janeiro+2009
Rio de Janeiro: William contato(at)marchadamaconha.org http://www.marchadamaconha.org or Louz Paulo Guanabara 01155-212-516-1102 Cel: (55-21) 8114-5218 http://www.psicotropicus.org Psicotropicus, Rua Presidente Vargas 590, sala 515, 20.071-000, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil 14:00 hs, Arpoador, Ipanema
- Google searches: . . Videos. Images. Marijuana is 'maconha' in Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal).
- Flickr search: .
- English coverage of Global Marijuana March 2008 repression in Brazil:    . Reports with many videos linked by Brazilian city:  .
- Media preview.
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X8c-Dh141o
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7izTWR4vlWk
- cannabiscafe.net forum. 2.
Elite Squad Edit
2007 movie about Rio that has sparked a discussion about drugs in Brazil:
- Link: http://legalizacaodasdrogas.sites.uol.com.br
- Link: http://www.psicotropicus.org
- Photos: http://gallery.marihemp.com/riodejaneiro2005mmm
- Photos: http://www.midiaindependente.org/pt/blue//2005/05/316686.shtml
|More info, tips, links, and |
media of all kinds.
Note: Update any section of this page. Feel free to add sections for years, events, legal initiatives, history, people, organizations, gatherings, and so on. Add links and info of all kinds. Some sources: Category:Cannabis-related events, GMM yearly city lists, GMM links, wikipedia:Category:Cannabis activism, cannabis culture, etc.. Also, search the web (add city to search) for cannabis activism, groups, 420 events, harvest festival events, ballot initiatives, court cases, etc.. Add links for reports, articles, photos, graphics (posters, banners, flyers), videos, press, media coverage, etc.. Upload photos and graphics. You can help: Category:Work in progress. See also: Video help and search links.
Incarceration rates Edit
|See list of incarceration rates by country (b c). Compare the rates. Due to the Drug War the USA has the highest incarceration rate in the world. See cost of U.S. drug war: 1.5 trillion dollars! Let's Break the Taboo! Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
The purple elephant in the room:
Cost of drug warEdit
|Cost of U.S. drug war. Even $1.5 trillion dollars is conservative since many crimes are committed in order to get money for drugs. Correction costs alone averaged $30,600 per inmate in 2007. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Economics - Drug War Facts. See: 32 Reasons Why We Need To End The War On Drugs - Business Insider. See: The Budgetary Impact of Ending Drug Prohibition.|
Breaking the Taboo Edit
- Share link: taboo
Home Page (BreakingTheTaboo.info). More info . See TabooBreakers on Twitter. See Global Commission on Drug Policy and Facebook page. Quotes from video clips on the trailer: President Richard Nixon: "total war against public enemy number one". President Ronald Wilson Reagan: "When we say no to drugs it will be clear that we mean absolutely none". President George H.W. Bush: "Some think there won't be room for them in jail. We'll make room". Morgan Freeman: "Since 1971 2.5 trillion dollars have been spent on the War on Drugs". Look who's breaking the taboo: Richard Branson, Kate Winslet, Sam Branson, Morgan Freeman, and many more. See also: MarijuanaMajority.com. Share link. Full version in English is no longer available online. Hey Richard Branson, George Soros, or whoever, please buy it and put it back online!
Quentin Tarantino Edit
| Quentin Tarantino. Video:|
War on Drugs is Like Slavery.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- See Cannabis is safer.
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol:
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year from 2006 to 2010. .
- See: Cannabis is safer.