- Share link: Rio
|See 2014, 2015 Global Cannabis March. Crowd photos.|
|The GOP continues their expensive Holy Wars.|
|Where have all the burglars gone? In contrast to the GOP holy wars this is what is lowering crime rates in countries with far lower incarceration rates and few handguns. And Wikipedia: Comparison of United States incarceration rate with other countries.|
- First legal ‘Charlotte’s Web’ cannabis oil to go on sale in the UK. And: Attempted recall of drug-warrior District Attorney of Denver. And: Cops "Smelled Weed", and Raped Woman Publicly in Gas Station Lot .
|Most Americans want a higher minimum wage, legalized recreational marijuana, and no mass incarceration. Republicans block all 3.|
- Teen cannabis use 'NOT linked to depression or lung cancer in later life'. And: Study finds that teen marijuana use is not linked to issues of mental health. And: No Link Between Early Marijuana Use And Health Problems Later In Life. And: Poll: Bernie Sanders surges ahead of Hillary Clinton in New Hampshire, 44-37. And again 2 weeks later.
Social media, Facebook Edit
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
- Brazil. Cannabis-related links.
- Cabeça Feita.
- marchadamaconha.org - forums. Google site search for Rio de Janeiro.
- Movimento Nacional Pela Legalizacao Das Drogas.
- Cultura Cannabica
- Cultura Verde.
- Youtube link. "Brazilian Judge Says Legalize All Drugs Worldwide." Video posted April 02, 2010 - "Retired Brazilian judge Maria Lucia Karam talks about the need to end drug cartel violence by legalizing and regulating all currently illegal drugs. Judge Karam is a member of Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP), which any citizen can join for free at CopsSayLegalizeDrugs.com"
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Rio de Janeiro.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Rio de Janeiro.
- Wikitravel: Rio de Janeiro.
- WeBeHigh.org: Cities by region and nation. By U.S. state. Or search.
- WeBeHigh.org -
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 848 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
GMM, May 11:
GMM, May 5:
- Forum: Marcha Da Maconha 2012 - Rio De Janeiro - Growroom.
- Marcha da Maconha reúne 10 mil no Rio de Janeiro - Portal Vermelho.
- Photos and article: Vírus Planetário – Marcha da Maconha de 5 de maio : marco na luta por direitos civis e sociais.
- Photos, article, video: Marcha da maconha Rio de Janeiro 2012.
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. May 7, 2011. "Pictures of the march with the bands 'Plant in the Mind' and 'Vegetable Orchestra'. At the end of the video images of police violence!!! 5000 people in Rio! and have over 19 cities marching for legalization in the country in 2011! The whole world is marching to end marijuana prohibition!" -- (See quote source). Youtube link.
Rio de Janeiro: William riodejaneiro(at)marchadamaconha.org http://www.marchadamaconha.org or http://www.psicotropicus.org Psicotropicus, Rua Presidente Vargas 590, sala 515, 20.071-000, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil. 15:00 hs, Arpoador, Ipanema May 9
GMM May 9, 2009:
- Media: "Cabinet Minister Joins March to Legalize Pot in Brazil." May 10, 2009. Latin American Herald Tribune.
- Blog on court case: http://rogeliocasado.blogspot.com/2009/04/libero-geral.html
- Videos: http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=marcha+maconha+rio+de+janeiro+2009
Rio de Janeiro: William contato(at)marchadamaconha.org http://www.marchadamaconha.org or Louz Paulo Guanabara 01155-212-516-1102 Cel: (55-21) 8114-5218 http://www.psicotropicus.org Psicotropicus, Rua Presidente Vargas 590, sala 515, 20.071-000, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil 14:00 hs, Arpoador, Ipanema
- Google searches: . . Videos. Images. Marijuana is 'maconha' in Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal).
- Flickr search: .
- English coverage of Global Marijuana March 2008 repression in Brazil:    . Reports with many videos linked by Brazilian city:  .
- Media preview.
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X8c-Dh141o
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7izTWR4vlWk
- cannabiscafe.net forum. 2.
Elite Squad Edit
2007 movie about Rio that has sparked a discussion about drugs in Brazil:
- Link: http://legalizacaodasdrogas.sites.uol.com.br
- Link: http://www.psicotropicus.org
- Photos: http://gallery.marihemp.com/riodejaneiro2005mmm
- Photos: http://www.midiaindependente.org/pt/blue//2005/05/316686.shtml
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video. Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President of the USA.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Holder's Legacy: Steering Away From the Drug War and Mass Incarceration. .
- U.S.: Attorney General Eric Holder Ends Incentive For Law Enforcement To Seize Property.
Reagan's war on cannabis Edit
|2015. The 70th anniversary of victory over fascism. The 35th anniversary of Reagan's war on cannabis.|
|Drug war + Trickle-down Reaganomics, = mass incarceration and mass control.|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech : "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."
- See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate.
- See also: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|See article: Drug war cost charts, infographics, and links.|