Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- - Find your state. See your representatives' grades from A to F, and find out why.
|Current medical marijuana states, with map. And: Map of all U.S. marijuana laws by state. Upcoming votes. And: Clickable MPP map. And: Clickable NORML map. See: Poll timelines. And: 13 states allow voters to register the same day they vote, despite also having registration deadlines.2. And: Clickable early voting map.|
Voting info Edit
|Google your question, and see specific info for your state or address. Google: Vote early. And: Google: How to register to vote. Online, by mail, or in person. Google: Where do I vote? And: Google: Am I registered to vote?|
U.S. election info. State by state: 2016 voter registration info, deadlines, etc.. Online, by mail, in person. Early voting and absentee voting.  . And: Are you registered, and where is my polling place. And: Is it too late to register to vote in your state? Check here.
- Marijuana legalization is leading in every state where it’s on the ballot this November.
- So You Want to be a Cannabis Activist? Here’s How to Get Started.
- Medical Marijuana Laws. US maps by year of approval.
- Detailed history of marijuana on the ballot - Ballotpedia. Years, charts, timelines. And: Marijuana on the ballot. By year.
- States with Legislation or Ballot Measures to Legalize Medical Marijuana. ProCon.org.
- The GOP’s War on Voting Is Working. June 29, 2016.
- Which States Are Going To Be Voting On Marijuana Reform In November 2016?. And: Up to 12 States Could Vote on Marijuana This November -- Here They Are. 5 June 2016.
- A or F? How Congress scores on marijuana. . By Danielle Keane, NORML political director. 20 April 2016. "Of the 233 Democrats in Congress, 208 members (89.3 percent) received a passing grade of a 'C' or higher. Of the 302 Republicans in Congress, 102 members (33.8 percent) received a passing grade of a 'C' or higher." For your state see: Congressional Scorecard. NORML. Grading was based upon members' voting records.
- VoteForMarijuana.net - Help fill another database of politicians' records concerning cannabis.
- Vote Medical Marijuana - poor record of most Republicans. Americans for Safe Access. Scoring of legislative records of candidates. Facebook.
See also: Cannabis polls.
Above timeline is adapted from one of the charts in this article:
|Latest Gallup Poll Shows Only 2-in-5 Americans Oppose Marijuana Legalization. October 21, 2015.|
In the above timeline note how marijuana's political popularity temporarily declined after Reagan began his propaganda war on cannabis in 1980. See: Reagan's war on cannabis.
2016 election and marches Edit
2016 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. Public opinion wins elections. So get out and march!
|Register and vote for cannabis in 2016.|
|Republicans are busy filing retrograde drug bills across the land. Republicans want to put a conservative drug warrior on the Supreme Court to replace Antonin Scalia, and to reinvigorate their drug war. Supreme Court rejects conservative challenge to Colorado marijuana law from Republican states. 2.|
USA Today: 11 states least likely to legalize marijuana. Republican states across the nation.
|Marijuana in the South: A State-by-State Guide. Republicans created a THC-free south.|
2014 election Edit
See also Edit
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Drug-war mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money.|