|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
Social media, Facebook Edit
City info Edit
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 872 different cities have signed up from 80 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
See GMM: basic city lists, detailed city lists, graphics, photos, maps, regions, links, years. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondial du Cannabis. And: Global Marijuana March.
|2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
Regina: Daniel Johnson joybuzzard(at)normlsaskatchewan.com http://www.normlsaskatchewan.com . Meet at Victoria Park 4:20, march from Victoria Park to ? at 4:30 P.M.
Regina Global Marijuana March '09:
- Day One: Saturday May 2, 2009. Victoria Park.
- Day Two: Saturday May 9, 2009. Victoria Park.
- Regina GMM 2009. Year may be incorrectly listed as 2008. The videos are for 2009.
- Report (from old GMM site):
People met in Victoria Park around 4:20, at 4:30 they marched from Victoria Park to Central Park.
Tom Shapiro from the Sask Marijuana Party talked about the prohibition laws in Canada and how our government is ignoring scientific evidence and lying to the public. Jim Elliott from the Council Of Canadians, which is a Canadian sovereignity group, talked about trade agreements like The Security And Prosperity Partnership and how they put control over our legal system into foreign hands.
We had a sign and banner contest with lots of participants, prizes included a vaporizer from Head2Head novelties and "Weedhustler: The Board Game" provided to us for free by Doin' Deez Gamez Inc. We tried to have a lot of musical variety, but it's based on who shows up so we had a rapper who only did a 4 minute set and then we had 2 actual bands, both metal, The Archaeus and Bloodrich.
During Bloodrich's set, an elderly woman walked into the stage area and started attacking the band while they were playing. She was screaming for us to get out of her neighborhood. I kind of knew something like that would happen, and I tried to avoid it but I was trapped in this position. City Hall decided to stop issuing park use permits for Victoria Park, but didn't tell us until the last minute. We got one for Central Park and arranged to have a march from Vic to Central, which is only 3 blocks. But Victoria Park is surrounded by businesses, which are closed by the time the bands start, so it's never been a problem.
Central is surrounded by apartment buildings and a senior citizen's highrise. I told city hall it would be a problem, that we always had metal bands at our events because that's who plays for free, but they insisted.
Drums weren't even miked, p.a. was only for vocals, so everything was kept at the drum's level, literally as quiet as metal can be. So, yes, it was very loud.
We didn't get shut down. Police told us there were complaints but that we could keep it up until 10 if we wanted because we had our permit in order and we were in the right, but I tapered it off and ended it early, around 8:30, because the crowd was thinning out anyway, and to avoid pissing off the local community any more than I already was.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Obama alone can not reschedule it Edit
- See main article: Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.
Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape. The committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis.
Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate."
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
2016 election and marches Edit
2016 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. Public opinion wins elections. So get out and march!
|Register and vote for cannabis in 2016.|
|Republicans are busy filing retrograde drug bills across the land. Republicans want to put a conservative drug warrior on the Supreme Court to replace Antonin Scalia, and to reinvigorate their drug war. Supreme Court rejects conservative challenge to Colorado marijuana law from Republican states. 2.|
USA Today: 11 states least likely to legalize marijuana. Republican states across the nation.
|Marijuana in the South: A State-by-State Guide. Republicans created a THC-free south.|
Drug-war mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail.|
Canadian single-payer healthcare and Edit
Portuguese drug decriminalization Edit
|ColoradoCare. 2. It would cover all residents and cost less than the current system. One primary payer, and no deductibles and no co-pays. See: Business people for Single-payer Healthcare. Fed up with uncontrollable costs of U.S. healthcare.On ballot in 2016:|
- Canada has saved trillions of dollars by eliminating the middleman, the health insurance companies.
|Canada's single-payer universal healthcare costs less per person than U.S. healthcare. 22.214.171.124.. For more countries and charts: 6.7.. And the USA has lower average life expectancy than the OECD average (OECD = developed economies). 8.. Click chart to enlarge:|
- Medical Bills Still Take A Big Toll in USA, Even With Insurance. NPR. March 8, 2016.
Green love Edit
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|