- Share link: www.cannabis.wikia.com/portoalegre
|Poll. US voters support single payer Medicare-for-all 51 - 38 percent. As do doctors. See: Australian single payer. And: It costs less. Bernie Sanders videos: A Republican senator challenged a Canadian doctor on their single-payer health care. 2. Chart: Portugal's drug decriminalization. 2.3. And:|
|A or F? How Congress scores on marijuana. 2. By Danielle Keane, NORML political director. 2016. "Of the 233 Democrats in Congress, 208 members (89.3 percent) received a passing grade of a 'C' or higher. Of the 302 Republicans in Congress, 102 members (33.8 percent) received a passing grade of a 'C' or higher." For your state see: Congressional Scorecard. NORML. Grading was based upon members' voting records.|
Social media, Facebook Edit
- Facebook: Cannabis Sul.
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2017, 2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos.|
- Brazil. Cannabis-related links.
- principioativo.org - princípio ativo - por uma nova política de drogas.
- marchadamaconha.org - forums. Forum: Rio Grande do Sul. Google site search for Porto Alegre.
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Porto Alegre.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Porto Alegre.
- Wikitravel: Porto Alegre.
- WeBeHigh.org: Cities by region and nation. By U.S. state. Or search.
- WeBeHigh.org -
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 888 different cities have participated from 80 different nations or subnational areas since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
See GMM: basic city lists, detailed city lists, graphics, photos, maps, regions, links, years. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondiale du Cannabis. And: Marcha Mundial de la Marihuana. And: Global Marijuana March.
|2017, 2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos.|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
- Forum: Marcha Da Maconha Porto Alegre 2013.
- Princípio Ativo » Arquivo do Blog » Te prepara e vem… vem pra marcha, vem que é da Maconha!
GMM, May 26:
- Marcha da Maconha 2012 - Porto Alegre.
- Photos: Marcha da Maconha 2012.
- Photos: Marcha da Maconha Porto Alegre 2012.
GMM, May 22:
- Manifestantes realizam Marcha da Maconha em Porto Alegre.
- Google translation:
Gauchos held on Sunday afternoon the Marijuana March in the park of the Redemption, in Porto Alegre. At the beginning of the event, the Military Police estimated that about 300 people attended the meeting. However, according to Leonardo Günther, one of the organizers, the walk got to meet 2500 Protestants passing the avenue João Pessoa.
Günther says that all the protest took place peacefully, "unlike what happened in Sao Paulo." For him, Porto Alegre is an example of the protest for the legalization of drugs "is a peaceful movement and does not have violence because". "Porto Alegre said yes, you can make the march," he said.
The event, organized by the Collective Principle Activity, began with the presentation of a play and debate, when participants put forward their ideas. The road ran through the vicinity of the park and ended around 18:15.
Porto Alegre: principioativo.rs(at)gmail.com or portoalegre(at)marchadamaconha.org http://principioativo.blogspot.com Arco do Parque da Redenção, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul - Brazil
GMM. May 8:
[Editado] Marcha da maconha 2009, Porto Alegre-RS Brasil. Youtube link.
- Google searches: . . Videos. Images. Marijuana is 'maconha' in Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal).
- Flickr search: .
- English coverage of Global Marijuana March 2008 repression in Brazil:    . Reports with many videos linked by Brazilian city:  .
GMM: Twenty people met up in 2007.
- Report, map, and links. From forum. Report:
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 15:58:47 -0300 (ART)
From: "Legalize Já!" <mmm_portoalegre"at"yahoo.com.br> [Substitute @ for "at"]
Subject: Porto Alegre - Legalize it!
Yesterday (07/05/2005) [May 7, 2005], in Porto Alegre, we took the first step to the effective construction of the local anti-prohibitionist movement. During a cold and rainy afternoon we gathered, at the auditorium of the Central Academic Directory of Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (DCE-UFRGS), about 70 people, most of them young people on their early 20's. The number outcame the expectations of the "organizers", due to the lame ad campaign done basically through the internet, and half a dozen posters.
The meeting begun at 15:30, with a brief report of the national and international anti-prohibitionist situation. Soon after, the debate was open. Since it was the first meeting, there wasn't an agenda, properly saying, and the debate was about several questions related to the problems lived by drug users, due the prohibitionist policy; violence; agression towards individual freedom(s); precariety and disrepect in health care services and education; lack of a quality control on consumed substances; barely inexistence of quality orientation to the user, about means to reduct risks and harms.
It was also discussed different perspectives about possible ways to lead the anti-prohibitionist movement. Should we go for legalisation or "descriminalization"? Should we go to mainstream press, or indie press? Should we fight for the production and selling get vinculated to the so called solidary economy nets, or should we embrace the neoliberal logic? Should we legalise only for personal use and personal plantation (private culture)? And so was the debate, free, making of this first encounter, above all, a moment of checking possible agendas that we'll follow through the next months.
By the end of the meeting, so that energy wouldn't be dissipated, we discussed strategies and directed efforts in order to guarantee the continuity of this movement. We established a few workgroups to discuss and elaborate a letter of principles, to get finantial aid, to elaborate a website and all the graphics designs of the movement. Also, was created a law comission, gathering mainly Law students, responsable to verify both drug laws, as other aspects that can guarantee that our fight won't be taken as an encouragement of the use of drugs, considered as a felony in our country. By the way, the composition of general meeting was completely heretogenic: Law, Social Sciences, Biology, Psichology, Arts and Pedagogics students, plus high schoolers, people related to the Public Health School of Porto Alegre (Escola de Saúde Pública de Porto Alegre), and many, many other people.
All workgroups should hurry their specific work, keeping in touch through an e-group that will be created for all the people who attended the first meeting. In a month, there will be a second meeting, and a key note speaker will attend, one that we'll choose after further discussion through our e-group. We'll also premiere a documentary that's being produced by Journalism students of UFRGS, that registered the meeting and collected statements of the people who were there.
I feel it was a golden beginning.
2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 Edit
May 6, 2017, Saturday, or thereabouts. And April 20 (4/20), or thereabouts. Rallies and marches overall change public opinion for the better! See: Cannabis polls.
- 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. - Worldwide.
- USA. 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 city list. - USA.
- 420 event lists. - Worldwide.
|US states that have legalized|
as of November 2016 election.
Cannabis is safer Edit
|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech 1: "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."|
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
USA. Republican war on cannabis Edit
The Cannabis War is over and the U.S. Republican Party has lost. They may not know it yet, so keep marching, lobbying, and voting! Please register and vote! See: Reagan's War on Cannabis. And: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Alternatives to Republican-led mass incarceration.
Vermont's Republican Governor Scott Vetoes Marijuana Legalization bill of Democrat legislature. May 24, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes a bill that would have allowed medical marijuana for opioid addiction. April 7, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes the 911 Good Samaritan Overdose Prevention Bill. April 7, 2017. And: Idaho's Republican governor vetoes a broadly-supported asset forfeiture reform bill. April 7, 2017.
- Missouri's Republican governor signs state law lowering St. Louis minimum wage. . July 3, 2017. And: Iowa's Republican governor signs law overturning local minimum wage increases. March 30, 2017.
Presidents alone can not reschedule it Edit
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
The president alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
Drug war, control, mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. 2. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money. And: Senator Kamela Harris push for bail reform.|
|Rundle Won't Charge Prison Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death for 2 Hours in Shower. Death Ruled An Accident. Documents Show They Omitted Key Details. Florida inmate in for cocaine possession. 2345. Due to lack of single-payer universal healthcare the mentally ill end up incarcerated and untreated. Prison costs far more than caring for them to begin with. For their non-violent offenses three-quarters of Americans favor ‘rehabilitation’ over jail time, survey finds. |
Green love Edit
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|Wikipedia: Population milestone babies.|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|
Single Payer. Half the cost of Trumpcare Edit
20 million uninsured: 20,000+ deaths yearly Edit
Portugal. Few die of overdoses Edit
- Bernie Sanders' projection of 'thousands' of deaths from lost health coverage is well-supported. By Louis Jacobson. June 27, 2017. Politifact. See article sidebar for many sources. .
- See: Canadian single-payer healthcare and Portuguese drug decriminalization.
Portugal has decriminalized all drugs. Like Canada it has universal healthcare. See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal and Wikipedia: Health in Portugal. Nearly all of the European Union (EU) has universal healthcare. . See: List of countries with universal health care.
Source for above chart: Are any conservatives in the US for a single payer and a universal health care system, or can they not coexist? Chart is from comment around March 11, 2017 by Dan Munro, "author of Casino Healthcare and Forbes contributor".
Canada passes US in middle-class wealth. Median after-tax middle-class income in Canada is higher. . Why? Canadians pay so much less for far better healthcare. And:
The $0 Alternative To Trumpcare. See chart below. USA versus top ten healthiest nations.
2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article.
"The country has 3 overdose deaths per million citizens, compared to the EU average of 17.3."
- Overdose stats for the rest of the world.
- Wikipedia charts: Drug-related death statistics. See the upload page.
- Overdose Death Rates. National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Charts.
- These Are the Drugs That Cause the Most Overdose Deaths. Chart.
- Our nation’s drug overdose problem, in five bleak charts.
- How the opioid epidemic became America’s worst drug crisis ever, in 15 maps and charts.
Health care. Canada versus USAEdit
|Country||Life expectancy||Infant mortality rate||Healthcare cost per person (2). (US dollars. PPP)|
|Canada||82.2 years.(2)||4.9 per 1000 births.||Public and private costs.|
|USA||79.3 years.(2)||6.5 per 1000 births.||Public and private costs.|