See also: Portland, Maine, USA
|See 2014, 2015 Global Cannabis March, and 420 city lists.|
|Class warfare + drug war = perfect trickle-down Reaganomics, mass incarceration, and mass control.|
Obamacare is better than the old healthcare system. Drug rehab for harder drugs is now paid for by Obamacare. But Obamacare does not cover everybody because of the incredible waste of health insurance companies. Single-payer covers everybody (including veterans, most of whom are only partially covered by Veterans Administration care). It is much easier to use (almost no paperwork for patients), is far cheaper per capita , and gets better overall health results. U.S. Healthcare Ranked Dead Last Compared To 10 Other Countries. June 16, 2014. Forbes: "Many continue to falsely assume that we pay more for healthcare because we get better health (or better health outcomes)." Why Do Other Rich Nations Spend So Much Less on Healthcare? The Atlantic. July 23, 2014. And 200 million claims were denied yearly before Obamacare. .
Health insurance paperwork wastes $375 billion yearly! CNBC, Jan 13, 2015. Quotes: They estimate the cost of covering all of the roughly 40 million Americans still lacking health insurance would be equal to just about half of the $375 billion in projected savings. The balance of those savings, they write, could 'upgrade coverage for the tens of millions who are under-insured'. ... Of the total of $471 billion in BIR [billing and insurance-related costs], an estimated $375 billion—or 80 percent—is 'additional spending' that would be eliminated by 'a simplified financing system' such as single-payer, the report said.
|More cannabis-related links, city lists, and graphics.|
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|See 2013, 2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March.|
- Oregon. Cannabis-related links.
- "Welcome Home" to Your World Famous Cannabis Cafe.
- Myspace: D. Paul Stanford.
- Oregon NORML.
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Portland, Oregon.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Portland, Oregon.
- Wikitravel: Portland, Oregon.
- WeBeHigh.com: Portland, Oregon.
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 845 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|See 2013, 2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March.|
Right-click any region for its city list.
- Oregon: Global Cannabis March Unites Three Legalization Initiatives | Hemp News.
- Anti-Prohibition Activists Join Together! May 5 is the Thirteenth Annual Global Cannabis March - Salem-News.Com
- Budbook | Medical Cannabis Community - 12:00PM Saturday Global Cannabis March XII March.
- Photos: Global Cannabis March 2011 - Peter Lukaszenko Photography.
Portland: Madeline Martinez: exec.director(at)ornorml.org or Anna Diaz: anna(at)ornorml.org 503.239.6110 http://www.ornorml.org GCM Organizing Committee c/o Oregon NORML, PO Box 16057, Portland, OR 97292-0057. March from Pioneer Courthouse Square.
- Facebook: Portland Global Cannabis March.
- Global Cannabis March XI Portland Oregon Marijuana March.
- Oregon: Thousands Expected To Attend Global Cannabis March in Portland, Oregon This May | Hemp News.
- Global Cannabis March promotes state-run cannabis stores for all, instead of dispensaries for some - Portland medical marijuana dispensaries | Examiner.com.
- Portland catches buzz, proclaims pot awareness (scroll down). Archived here and here. Oregon’s biggest city follows Eugene’s lead promoting a medical marijuana program. By Jack Moran. The Register-Guard. Appeared in print: Friday, May 8, 2009, page A1.
- Report: 750 in 2008!
- Link: http://ornorml.org/mmm/2008
- Media article, photo: http://wweek.com/editorial/3426/10942
- Link: http://ornorml.org/mmm/2007
- Report: 350 in 2007!
2004 to 2007 Edit
Cost of drug warEdit
- See longer article: Cost of U.S. drug war. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See also: Drug war charts and maps. See: cannabis arrests.
|Drug war cost charts, infographics, and links|
Click the infographics to enlarge them.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. See cost of U.S. drug war: 1.5 trillion dollars! Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer.
- He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President of the USA.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015. Obama also said: "Last year you had the first time in 40 years where the crime rate and the incarceration rate went down at the same time."