See also: Portland, Maine, USA
|Some selected international news from the past few months.|
For more news see: current events and news.
Oliver Stone: JFK conspiracy deniers are in denial. You decide. The U.S. police state has expanded greatly in the last 50 years since JFK's killing.
- Senate gallery erupts in laughter at police chief citing hoax story about cannabis deaths.
- Dems rally around marijuana in 2014 push. A Winning Issue For 2014 elections.
|More cannabis-related links, city lists, and graphics.|
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
- Oregon. Cannabis-related links.
- "Welcome Home" to Your World Famous Cannabis Cafe.
- Myspace: D. Paul Stanford.
- Oregon NORML.
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Portland, Oregon.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Portland, Oregon.
- Wikitravel: Portland, Oregon.
- WeBeHigh.com: Portland, Oregon.
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 818 different cities have signed up from 72 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
Right-click any region for its city list.
- Oregon: Global Cannabis March Unites Three Legalization Initiatives | Hemp News.
- Anti-Prohibition Activists Join Together! May 5 is the Thirteenth Annual Global Cannabis March - Salem-News.Com
- Budbook | Medical Cannabis Community - 12:00PM Saturday Global Cannabis March XII March.
- Photos: Global Cannabis March 2011 - Peter Lukaszenko Photography.
Portland: Madeline Martinez: exec.director(at)ornorml.org or Anna Diaz: anna(at)ornorml.org 503.239.6110 http://www.ornorml.org GCM Organizing Committee c/o Oregon NORML, PO Box 16057, Portland, OR 97292-0057. March from Pioneer Courthouse Square.
- Facebook: Portland Global Cannabis March.
- Global Cannabis March XI Portland Oregon Marijuana March.
- Oregon: Thousands Expected To Attend Global Cannabis March in Portland, Oregon This May | Hemp News.
- Global Cannabis March promotes state-run cannabis stores for all, instead of dispensaries for some - Portland medical marijuana dispensaries | Examiner.com.
- Portland catches buzz, proclaims pot awareness (scroll down). Archived here and here. Oregon’s biggest city follows Eugene’s lead promoting a medical marijuana program. By Jack Moran. The Register-Guard. Appeared in print: Friday, May 8, 2009, page A1.
- Report: 750 in 2008!
- Link: http://ornorml.org/mmm/2008
- Media article, photo: http://wweek.com/editorial/3426/10942
|Video help and searches.|
This page has been moved here.
Oregon NORML Presents 2008-05-04 8of9(08:20)
- Link: http://ornorml.org/mmm/2007
- Report: 350 in 2007!
2004 to 2007 Edit
| More info, tips, links, and |
media of all kinds.
Note: Update any section of this page. Feel free to add sections for years, events, legal initiatives, history, people, organizations, gatherings, and so on. Add links and info of all kinds. Some sources: Category:Cannabis-related events, GMM yearly city lists, GMM links, wikipedia:Category:Cannabis activism, cannabis culture, etc.. Also, search the web (add city to search) for cannabis activism, groups, 420 events, harvest festival events, ballot initiatives, court cases, etc.. Add links for reports, articles, photos, graphics (posters, banners, flyers), videos, press, media coverage, etc.. Upload photos and graphics. You can help: Category:Work in progress. See also: Video help and search links.
Incarceration rates Edit
|See list of incarceration rates by country. Compare the rates. Due to the Drug War the USA has the highest incarceration rate in the world. See cost of U.S. drug war: 1.5 trillion dollars! Let's Break the Taboo! Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
The purple elephant in the room:
Cost of drug warEdit
|Cost of U.S. drug war. Even $1.5 trillion dollars is conservative since many crimes are committed in order to get money for drugs. Correction costs alone average $30,600 per inmate in 2007. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Economics - Drug War Facts. See: 32 Reasons Why We Need To End The War On Drugs - Business Insider. See: The Budgetary Impact of Ending Drug Prohibition.|
Breaking the Taboo Edit
- Share link: taboo
Home Page (BreakingTheTaboo.info). More info . See TabooBreakers on Twitter. See Global Commission on Drug Policy and Facebook page. Quotes from video clips on the trailer: President Richard Nixon: "total war against public enemy number one". President Ronald Wilson Reagan: "When we say no to drugs it will be clear that we mean absolutely none". President George H.W. Bush: "Some think there won't be room for them in jail. We'll make room". Morgan Freeman: "Since 1971 2.5 trillion dollars have been spent on the War on Drugs". Look who's breaking the taboo: Richard Branson, Kate Winslet, Sam Branson, Morgan Freeman, and many more. See also: MarijuanaMajority.com. Share link. Full version in English is no longer available online. Hey Richard Branson, George Soros, Peter Lewis, or whoever, please buy it and put it back online!
Quentin Tarantino Edit
| Quentin Tarantino. Video:|
War on Drugs is Like Slavery.
Cannabis is safer Edit