- Archives of some items posted on the Main Page (home page). Highest number is the latest archive: page 1.
- See also: Current events and news, Cannabis news and events archive, Category: Cannabis-related events, 420 event lists, Cannabis event lists and calendars.
58% of Americans want Cannabis Legalized. Gallup Poll
New York City pays $167,731 per year per prisoner
- NYC's yearly cost per inmate ($167,731) almost as expensive as 4-year Ivy League tuition. . By Associated Press. 30 Sept 2013. The cost of NYC's Stop and Frisk program, and astronomical rate of cannabis arrests. See cost of drug war.
John McCain says "maybe we should legalize"
- John McCain On Marijuana: 'Maybe We Should Legalize'. By Paige Lavender. 6 Sept 2013. Huffington Post.
|"Wherever he placed such a computer, dozens of children would gather around and, with no help from adults, figure out how to use it. Those who could not read began to do so through interacting with the computer and with other children around it. The computers gave the children access to the whole world’s knowledge."|
|Wealth Inequality in America.|
Chart video. In the end, it's all about the money, and controlling-jailing the poor. See BBC: US income inequality at record high.
Breaking the Taboo
Home Page (BreakingTheTaboo.info). More info . See TabooBreakers on Twitter. See Global Commission on Drug Policy and Facebook page. Quotes from video clips on the trailer: President Richard Nixon: "total war against public enemy number one". President Ronald Wilson Reagan: "When we say no to drugs it will be clear that we mean absolutely none". President George H.W. Bush: "Some think there won't be room for them in jail. We'll make room". Morgan Freeman: "Since 1971 2.5 trillion dollars have been spent on the War on Drugs". Look who's breaking the taboo: Richard Branson, Kate Winslet, Sam Branson, Morgan Freeman, and many more. See also: MarijuanaMajority.com. Share link. Full version in English is no longer available online. Hey Richard Branson, George Soros, or whoever, please buy it and put it back online!
Propaganda of incarceration nations
- Reagan's war on cannabis is where the U.S. incarceration nation began. Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA: 40,000+ in 2011. All drug offenses: 489,000 in 2013.
|Drug war + Trickle-down Reaganomics, = mass incarceration and mass control.|
|See article: Trickle-down economics plus drug war.|
See Wikimedia Commons: Category:Government propaganda. Note the "glorious mission" or "glorious war" nature of much propaganda. Like the Republican-led Holy War, the "War on Drugs". See Wikipedia: War on Drugs. It is really a war on some drug users. This particular glorious war was reinvigorated by the cult leaders, Ronald and Nancy Reagan. The B-movie actor Ronald (6) Wilson (6) Reagan (6) is still worshiped like a God (or idol) by some segments of the Republican Party.
Let's not forget Papa Bush
- 2nd nationwide televised Bush speech on drugs on September 12, 1989: Quote from speech:
. We're almost doubling prison space. Some think there aren't enough prosecutors. We'll hire them, with the largest increase in Federal prosecutors in history.
- Papa Bush's War on Drugs escalation speech on September 5, 1989. The first prime time address of his presidency. Result: . 25th anniversary of
Keeping those expensive "Boots on the ground"
Ending Republican-initiated Wars of Choice
The boots and the profits are no longer in Iraq. They are now in Louisiana. See: The U.S. Drug War. Republicans lead. Sheep follow. Everybody pays. See Louisiana is the world's prison capital, and here. See Eric Holder: 'Broken' Justice System Needs 'Sweeping' Changes, Reforms To Mandatory Minimum.. See: Louisianians Favor Marijuana Legalization, Poll Finds.
Michael Douglas slams drug war and U.S. prisons
- Michael Douglas Talks Cameron Douglas' Incarceration, Criticizes U.S. Prison System. 2013 Sep 23. Huffington Post. He can not see his son who has been in solitary confinement for the past two years.
"Fascists always steal the word 'freedom'."
"Isn't it interesting how fascists always steal the word 'freedom'?"
"Boots on the ground". It is not difficult to understand why much of the world fears U.S. power and its "police actions" at home and abroad. Many question the moral authority of the USA. Some reasons why: The Republican-initiated Iraq War, and civil war that followed when the U.S. disbanded the Iraqi army, and one million people died in the ensuing anarchy. A welcome liberation became a clueless hated occupation when the US did not leave right away when the infamous WMDs were not found. In the USA the Republican-led U.S. Drug War has become a police and prison occupation of U.S. cities, and is greatly responsible for the astronomical incarceration rate in the USA. Republican "freedom" at home and abroad. "Freedom fries" anyone?
|Want more on U.S. moral authority?|
|Almost everything the US has done in the Middle East has been wrong and immoral.
War On Drugs: 27 Reasons Why U.S. Doesn't Have The 'Moral Authority' To Lead It. By Roque Planas, Nov 18, 2012. Huffington Post. Expand slideshow to full size.
Both the Iraq War and the Drug War were/are profitable Wars of Choice against fabricated "Enemies". See: How the Bush Administration Sold the War – and We Bought It by Joe Wilson and Valerie Plame Wilson. See Wikipedia: Iraq and weapons of mass destruction. Listen to Hans Blix and Arianna Huffington, too.
These multi-trillion dollar wars are the latest "glorious crusades" (that good ol' boy, moron Bush actually used the word "crusade" at first to describe the Iraq War). See: The Three Trillion Dollar War - about the Iraq War. See Brown University Costs of War project. See: Cost of U.S. drug war. The better (and much cheaper) way is harm reduction. See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. And drug users are no one's "enemy".
The U.S. Drug War. Republicans lead. Sheep follow. Everybody pays. Democrats have to be pushed to wind down the drug war, and to support the middle class instead of the privileged. Otherwise, another Ralph Nader candidate will come along to throw a monkey wrench into the whole bloody machine (speech by Mario Savio starts at 22 seconds into the video). Obama is the first Democrat President in awhile who isn't basically middle management for Republicans. Clinton was the last moderate Republican to lead the country. Stockholders got rich while income and wealth inequality continued to increase, and the incarceration rate continued to skyrocket due to the drug war and "truth-in-sentencing" (mandatory minimum sentencing). See: National Rifle Association and mandatory minimum sentencing.
Be independent, not conservative or liberal!
- Is the U.S. Republican-led, Worldwide War on Cannabis over?
- H.R.1523 - Respect State Marijuana Laws Act of 2013. Cosponsors so far are 20 Democrats and 5 Republicans. Why aren't there more Republicans?
- Vermont Marijuana Decriminalization Law Goes Into Effect. July 1, 2013.
Democrat Peter Shumlin
wins big in 2012 Vermont governor race
- Share link: shumlin
- Wikipedia: Peter Shumlin and 2012 Vermont gubernatorial election. Result: Shumlin 58.0%. Brock 37.7%.
- Vermont Update: Pro-Reform Candidate Gov. Shumlin Holds Massive Lead. By Erik Altieri, NORML Communications Coordinator. August 25, 2012.
- When A Governor Calls And Asks For Support To Reform Marijuana Laws…. By Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Director. August 3, 2012.
- His website: Peter Shumlin for Vermont Governor | Leadership for a strong Vermont.
- Google site search of his website for "marijuana".
- Shumlin coasts to victory; 70% of Burlington voters call for ending marijuana prohibition! November 7, 2012 article by Marijuana Policy Project.
Feds will allow states some leeway on cannabis laws
- Eric Holder Says DOJ Will Let Washington, Colorado Marijuana Laws Go Into Effect. August 29, 2013. Huffington Post. "At issue will be whether the U.S. Attorneys will obey the directive."
- Ending the careers of rabid anti-medical-cannabis federal prosecutors. Supporter of Oregon medical pot law wins attorney general race. May 16, 2012. By Teresa Carson. Chicago Tribune. From the article:
As Oregon's chief federal prosecutor last year, Holton was in the vanguard of that crackdown, sending letters to owners, operators and landlords of storefront pot outlets warning they faced prosecution and civil enforcement actions for involvement in the sale of cannabis.
A reason why states need some leeway:
Conservative war, ignorant sheep, and harm reduction
Conservatives worldwide love war, especially the drug war. War is profitable for big businesses that wage wars, incarcerate POWs, house troops, and treat wounds. Many voters, like the lemmings they are, enable the wasteful spending of conservative wars, and then have to wind them down when they can no longer be sustained and paid for. Average taxpayers clean up the mess, and pay for the collateral damage of broken bodies and lives. Conservative bosses, and subservient sheep.
Harm reduction is better than drug war.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
Cory Booker and Quentin Tarantino on the Drug War
Obama's passion and mojo
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
Election Day victories, November 2012
The American states of Colorado and Washington have voted to legalize cannabis, and Massachusetts becomes the eighteenth state to approve cannabis for medical use. See 2012 vote for cannabis. Prohibition, your days are numbered!
|Why did U.S. Republicans get their asses handed to them in 2012? Well, besides their idiotic rape comments, maybe it is because their support for "freedom" was a sham. For example; at the time of the election very few Republicans had cosponsored H.R. 6335 (see section on cosponsors). That bill would not have done anything more to legalize marijuana or medical marijuana; it would simply have allowed medical marijuana centers operating legally under state law to continue to do so. It would have amended the Controlled Substances Act so as to exempt real property from civil forfeiture due to medical-marijuana-related conduct that was authorized by State law.|| This is Republican "freedom":
Hey Republicans! The drug war is taking us over the fiscal cliff! The drug war is another multi-trillion dollar war that needs to be wound down. Obama wound down the Iraq War, and is winding down the war in Afghanistan. Obamacare will not increase in cost as fast as the previous healthcare chaos. Single-payer universal healthcare, of course, is the most efficient and cost saving, but Democrats would never have been able to get that passed in Obama's first term.
|Cost of U.S. drug war. Even $1.5 trillion dollars is conservative since many crimes are committed in order to get money for drugs. State prisons averaged $31,268 per inmate in 2010. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Economics - Drug War Facts. See: 32 Reasons Why We Need To End The War On Drugs - Business Insider. See: The Budgetary Impact of Ending Drug Prohibition.|
Weed Pass is Dead, Cannabis Cup is Alive!
- Later note: The conservatives are still trying to implement the Weed Pass.
The new government of the Netherlands has snuffed out plans to ban foreigners from visiting Dutch coffee shops where they can purchase quasi-legal cannabis. That means the High Times 2012 Cannabis Cup is on! Read complete article here
Rhode Island becomes 15th state to decriminalize
Rhode Island. Marijuana Policy Project. Rhode Island’s New Law to Reduce Penalties for Marijuana Possession:
On June 13, 2012, Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee [Independent] signed S 2253/H 7092 into law, making Rhode Island the 15th state to remove the possibility of jail for first offense possession of a modest amount of marijuana. The title of the bills was “Reform the penalty for possession of up to an ounce of marijuana.”
|You can help. Everyday is Earth Day! Hemp heals the planet. Video: Climbing Redwood Giants.|
Jump in and start editing. We'd love for you to help out!
| Dive in and start editing!
This wiki is about cannabis and things relating to cannabis. This includes topics such as:
...and much more!
See Category:Cannabis Wiki and Special:Search to find most things, and for an overall view. See also all the uncategorized pages. See Special:UnusedFiles for posters, flyers, and banners that need to be posted on city pages.
See Category:Help and the help menu in the navigation menus for help on this wiki and more. See also the forum links in the community menu.
You can help
Create an article
Global Marijuana March (GMM)
Global Marijuana March (GMM) is also called the Million Marijuana March (MMM) and other names. This global event occurs yearly on or around the first Saturday in May in over 250 cities. Category:Global Marijuana March - Click any city link and start adding some info, images, videos, and links.
Global Million Marijuana March. Stand up and march!
News, history, events, photos, videos
For much more info see: Portal:Cannabis news and events.
The images used on the Cannabis Wiki are free or fair use. Click any image to enlarge it. Click the icon below an image to get to the info and license page, and then click the image there to enlarge it the most. For info on uploading see Image uploading and use. See Category:Cannabis Wiki for links to image locations.
John Lennon on marijuana
Wazzup! You are. No, you are. :) sɹnoʎ ǝɹɐ splɹoʍ ǝsǝɥʇ llɐ
|This image added here Oct 12, 2010. Hmmm. What would John Lennon say? (Click images to enlarge. Right-click images to enlarge more. Click info icons for image details.).|
Dana Beal, Global Marijuana March
French partisans. Marche Mondiale du Cannabis
|Video. "The Partisan".|
Baked? - rrrrrooooooollll another one.
See Category:Music videos for pages and pages of music videos.
|Video. Easy Rider.|