- Share link: Safer
- See Category:Health and cannabis.
- Click the images below to enlarge them, and for more info.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- See also: Category: Cannabis is safer. Click images below to enlarge.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, and more). 87,798 per year from 2006 to 2010. . Since marijuana legalization, highway fatalities in Colorado are at near-historic lows. By The Washington Post. . Motor vehicle crashes are the leading cause of death for U.S. teens. Teen drivers have 3 times more fatal crashes per mile driven. Drinking and driving (2700 yearly), and texting while driving (3000 yearly), are the leading causes.  Scary video.
Cigarette Ingredients - Chemicals in Cigarettes. Tri-County Cessation Center. "The list of 599 additives approved by the US Government for use in the manufacture of cigarettes is something every smoker should see. Submitted by the five major American cigarette companies to the Dept. of Health and Human Services in April of 1994, this list of ingredients had long been kept a secret. ... While these ingredients are approved as additives for foods, they were not tested by burning them, and it is the burning of many of these substances which changes their properties, often for the worse. Over 4000 chemical compounds are created by burning a cigarette – 69 of those chemicals are known to cause cancer." See: Wikipedia: Tobacco harm reduction. See Marijuana habit not linked to lung cancer : IMNG Oncology Report: "The difference in risk is likely related to chemical additives in commercial cigarettes that aren’t present in most methods of inhaling marijuana smoke." See: Wikipedia: List of additives in cigarettes.
"In October 2008 the American Association of Public Health Physicians (AAPHP) became the first medical organization in the U.S. to officially endorse tobacco harm reduction as a viable strategy to reduce the death toll related to cigarette smoking."   Joel Nitzkin: "So if we can figure that the nicotine in the e-cigarettes is basically a generic version of the same nicotine that is in prescription products, we have every reason to believe that the hazard posed by e-cigarettes would be much lower than one percent, probably lower than one tenth of one percent of the hazard posed by regular cigarettes."  
Quotes in the image to the left (and in the text below) are from the U.S. government's landmark 1999 Institute of Medicine (IOM) report, Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base. The full text of the report is available for free online at the above link, and is searchable. The table of contents by chapter is on the sidebar. The report is also available as a free PDF download. Quotes below are followed by their references. Emphasis added.
Page 109: "Indeed, epidemiological data indicate that in the general population marijuana use is not associated with increased mortality. 138"
- - 138. Sidney S, Beck JE, Tekawa IS, Quesenberry CP Jr, Friedman GD. 1997a. Marijuana use and mortality. American Journal of Public Health 87:585—590.
Page 107: "When heavy marijuana use accompanies these symptoms [amotivation], the drug is often cited as the cause, but no convincing data demonstrate a causal relationship between marijuana smoking and these behavior characteristics. 23"
- - 23. Chait LD, Pierri J. 1992. Effects of smoked marijuana on human performance: A critical review. In: L Murphy and A Bartke, Editors, Marijuana/Cannabinoids: Neurobiology and Neurophysiology. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press. Pp. 387—424.
Page 119: "There is no conclusive evidence that marijuana causes cancer in humans, including cancers usually related to tobacco use."
Marijuana is safer than alcohol Edit
- Category:Cannabis is safer.
- Category:Marijuana is safer than alcohol.
- Category:Safer Alternative For Enjoyable Recreation (SAFER).
Right-click images below for image info and larger sizes.
- Facebook: Marijuana is Safer. Book by Steve Fox, Paul Armentano, and Mason Tvert.
- See quotes from the 1999 Institute of Medicine report on marijuana and medicine. For more info see the links in the image description here.
2005. Denver legalizes cannabis Edit
Safer Alternative For Enjoyable Recreation (SAFER) Edit
- Denver, Colorado, USA.
- Facebook: Safer Alternative For Enjoyable Recreation (SAFER)
- Facebook: Causes on Facebook. SAFER
- Safer Alternative for Enjoyable Recreation - Wikipedia.