- Share link: www.cannabis.wikia.com/phoenix
'America Is Full Of Hypocrites': Marijuana Lifer John Knock Speaks Out. And: Medical marijuana given green light in South Africa: report. And: First Marijuana Testing for Vets with PTSD Underway in Phoenix; Volunteers Wanted. And: Hemp Industries Association Sues DEA Over Illegal Attempt to Regulate Hemp Foods as Schedule I Drugs. And: Will Trump Crush the Modest Progress in Fighting Mass Incarceration? Momentum at state level. .
Canada. Human rights board orders insurer to pay medical marijuana costs in precedent-setting case . Washington Post article: Repealing the Affordable Care Act will kill more than 43,000 people annually, and 30 million will lose their healthcare coverage. Physicians for a National Health Program. Will 2018 midterm elections remove Republicans? And: Marijuana and gender equity: Cannabis industry is a magnet for women executives
And: Marijuana, made in Italy: Inside the military police cannabis lab. And: Israel moves to decriminalize marijuana use . And: Germany expands medical cannabis legalization. Insurance will pay for it. . And: People in the US and Canada spent over $53 billion on marijuana in 2016. And: Mass incarceration doesn't do much to fight crime. But it costs an absurd $182 billion a year. And: Imagine That! Police Solve Far More Murders After they Stop Arresting Cannabis Users.
. And: And: DEA Slapped in Face: American Epilepsy Society Accepts Marijuana Extract Obliterates Seizures in Epileptic Children. And: Big Pharma Shaking in Their Boots as 80% of Cannabis Users Give Up Prescription Pills for Pot. And: A Trump Fan Cheering Obamacare Repeal Just Found Out He’s On Obamacare. Hilarity Ensues. And: New UN chief António Guterres was Prime Minister of Portugal when it decriminalized drugs . And: Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin (Democrat) Pardons 192 for Marijuana Convictions. And: New Study: Cigarettes Tied To Increased Stroke Risk But Not Marijuana. And: 15 charts that show how Obamacare works now — and how Republicans would overhaul it.
The US federal minimum wage hit its peak purchasing power nearly 50 years ago. And: Canada has universal health care, and a higher minimum wage than the US. And: On average, states with medical marijuana laws see dips in fatal car crashes.And:
Republican governor Kasich quietly bans Cleveland voters from raising minimum wage in their city. And: Working full time at state minimum wage is not enough for a one-bedroom apartment in any state. Click states. And: Bernie Sanders: Americans pay highest prices for pharmaceutical drugs in the world. And: Branford, Connecticut. America’s oldest hospice to study medical marijuana.And:
He already violated health care promises by appointing Tom Price.
Social media, Facebook Edit
Myspace: Phoenix, Arizona Marijuana March.
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2017, 2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos.|
- Arizona. Cannabis-related links.
- Phoenix NORML. phoenixnorml.net.
- Women for Marijuana. WomenforMarijuana.org redirects to phoenixmarch.org.
- camp420.net - Arizona Activists. Campaign Against Marijuana Prohibition.
- Meetup: Campaign Against Marijuana Prohibition: CAMP 420 (Scottsdale, AZ).
- MMJ Vapor Lounge - Medical Marijuana Vapor Lounge.
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Phoenix.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Phoenix.
- Wikitravel: Phoenix.
- WeBeHigh.org - Phoenix.
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 883 different cities have participated from 80 different nations or subnational areas since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
See GMM: basic city lists, detailed city lists, graphics, photos, maps, regions, links, years. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondial du Cannabis. And: Global Marijuana March.
|2017, 2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos.|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
- Arizona 4/20 Festival & Grower's Cup Event.
- Arizona 4/20 Festival - MMJ Vapor Lounge.
- Arizona 4/20 Festival - MMJ Vapor Lounge. Another page.
GMM, May 5, 2012:
- The 5TH Annual Phoenix Worldwide Marijuana March.
- Photos: The 5TH Annual Phoenix Worldwide Marijuana March.
- Facebook photos: 4th Annual Worldwide Marijuana March 2011.
GMM, May 1:
- Facebook photos: 2010 Worldwide Marijuana March by Kara Hoyt.
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd3ZWhyQQdc
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9K4X-3phIM
Kathleen. free420arizona(at)aol.com 480-926-7288 http://myspace.com/phoenixmarch . or Jacob Logan (480)-294-5090
- MySpace photos: 2009 Global Marijuana March Photo Album.
- Photos: Phoenix Global Marijuana March 2009
- Photos: 2009 Phoenix Worldwide Marijuana March.
- Video: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=104133469600088
Phoenix GMMarch Information :D
Liberate Marijuana! May 3rd, 2008 Indian Steele Park
Meet and be ready to march at 4:20pm. Starting point 3rd Street entrance to Indian Steele Park.
Volunteers Needed to spread the word!Please e-mail the above address if you are interested in making or distributing flyers, if you have a store or club you would like to promote by contributing, anyone who is in or has a band who would like to be a part of the demonstration--Anything! Please let us know--This is YOUR demonstration, Phoenix!! I am only organizing because I know you guys are out there! Go to the march sites of other cities for more ideas/suggestions. :D Visit Norml.org MPP.org and Saferchoice.org for more information on how we can get medicinal use/decriminalization on the ballot in AZ in '08. We did win that one a few years ago...Now we have more people who have moved here (some from Medical states..) so let's try again to reform Arizona's current marijuana laws!
Let's show up to support the decriminalization of marijuana for responsible adult use!
Show support for obtaining medicinal rights in Arizona! We are surrounded by medical states.
Turn out to show that you believe marijuana is a much safer alternative to dangerous, violence-inducing alcohol!!
Show up because you believe, as an American, you have the freedom to chose to use a safer recreational alternative to alcohol.
E-mail! Volunteer! But really- Just show up!! :D
Phoenix: Kathleen free420arizona(at)aol.com 480-926-7288 http://myspace.com/phoenixmarch or Jacob Logan (480)-294-5090
Report from www.myspace.com/phoenixmarch page (emphasis added): - "This year's march was held on Saturday, May 3rd at 4:20pm, along with over 200 cities across the globe. The turnout was fantastic- an estimated 1,500 people marched for cannabis liberation along Indian School Road in central Phoenix. We had musicians, comics, hemp ice cream sandwiches, otter pops, tie dyed banners, beautiful protest signs, great music great people of all types; young, old, male, female, gay, straight, bisexual, Americans from around the country, immigrants from around the world, virgin marchers, experienced cannabis activists, medical marijuana patients, political activists, voters, students, businessmen, the great people of Tucson NORML who took a journey into the Big City for the day, animal rights activists, TONS of media coverage, little to no police intervention, free magazines with GMM coverage... It was a truly beautiful day. Here's some video coverage of that special afternoon ..."
- Report (from old GMM site):
It was a good turnout for us. About 75 people showed up. We had 2 bands and we rallied in the street and in the park. We didn't march. I'm attaching some pictures. I'll send more in the mail. I also saw on the website that you only have Kayler Russel as a contact. I would also like to be known as a contact here. Me and her worked together and we will work together next year.
2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 Edit
May 6, 2017, Saturday, or thereabouts. And April 20 (4/20), or thereabouts. Rallies and marches overall change public opinion for the better! See: Cannabis polls.
- 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. - Worldwide.
- USA. 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 city list. - USA.
- 420 event lists. - Worldwide.
|US states that have legalized|
as of November 2016 election.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Presidents can not reschedule it Edit
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
The president alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
Drug-war mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money.|
Green love Edit
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|
End drug war with Universal Healthcare Edit
- See article: End drug war with universal healthcare.
No deductibles on basic Canadian health care and co-pays are extremely low or non-existent. Portugal has universal healthcare. Like Canada. Like nearly all of the EU (European Union). See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Health in Portugal and Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal.
- Portugal decriminalised drugs 14 years ago – and now hardly anyone dies from overdosing. 2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article:
"The country has 3 overdose deaths per million citizens, compared to the EU average of 17.3."