- Share link: www.cannabis.wikia.com/phoenix
|See 2014, 2015 Global Cannabis March, and 420 city lists.|
|Featured GMM crowd photos over years.|
- Republicans defeated. Recreational Marijuana Now Legal In D.C.. . Map.
- Bill Maher rips Jeb Bush: He’s still ‘a cynical turd’ on marijuana laws.
- Jeb, Swearing He's His Own Man, Bear Hugs Brother's Failed Foreign Policy. By Congressman Ruben Gallego, 3rd Battalion 25th Marines in Iraq. And: Jeb Bush on Drugs. OnTheIssues.org - Candidates on the Issues. Opposes medical marijuana.
- New Report Shows Just How Bad Wealth and Income Inequality Have Become In America. And: Republican states Increasing Taxes for the Poor and Cutting Them for the Affluent.  .
And you wonder why Republicans bought into the Drug War, or Iraq War, .... New report says conservative chumps sent $50 million to right-wing ‘scam’ groups like SarahPAC. Related article: Embrace your inner blowhard. Be independent! Think for yourself.
Social media, Facebook Edit
Myspace: Phoenix, Arizona Marijuana March.
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|See 2013, 2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March.|
- Arizona. Cannabis-related links.
- Phoenix NORML. phoenixnorml.net.
- Women for Marijuana. WomenforMarijuana.org redirects to phoenixmarch.org.
- camp420.net - Arizona Activists. Campaign Against Marijuana Prohibition.
- Meetup: Campaign Against Marijuana Prohibition: CAMP 420 (Scottsdale, AZ).
- MMJ Vapor Lounge - Medical Marijuana Vapor Lounge.
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Phoenix.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Phoenix.
- Wikitravel: Phoenix.
- WeBeHigh.org - Phoenix.
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 848 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|See 2013, 2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March.|
Right-click any region for its city list.
- Arizona 4/20 Festival & Grower's Cup Event.
- Arizona 4/20 Festival - MMJ Vapor Lounge.
- Arizona 4/20 Festival - MMJ Vapor Lounge. Another page.
GMM, May 5, 2012:
- The 5TH Annual Phoenix Worldwide Marijuana March.
- Photos: The 5TH Annual Phoenix Worldwide Marijuana March.
- Facebook photos: 4th Annual Worldwide Marijuana March 2011.
GMM, May 1:
- Facebook photos: 2010 Worldwide Marijuana March by Kara Hoyt.
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qd3ZWhyQQdc
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9K4X-3phIM
Kathleen. free420arizona(at)aol.com 480-926-7288 http://myspace.com/phoenixmarch . or Jacob Logan (480)-294-5090
- MySpace photos: 2009 Global Marijuana March Photo Album.
- Photos: Phoenix Global Marijuana March 2009
- Photos: 2009 Phoenix Worldwide Marijuana March.
- Video: http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=104133469600088
Phoenix GMMarch Information :D
Liberate Marijuana! May 3rd, 2008 Indian Steele Park
Meet and be ready to march at 4:20pm. Starting point 3rd Street entrance to Indian Steele Park.
Volunteers Needed to spread the word!Please e-mail the above address if you are interested in making or distributing flyers, if you have a store or club you would like to promote by contributing, anyone who is in or has a band who would like to be a part of the demonstration--Anything! Please let us know--This is YOUR demonstration, Phoenix!! I am only organizing because I know you guys are out there! Go to the march sites of other cities for more ideas/suggestions. :D Visit Norml.org MPP.org and Saferchoice.org for more information on how we can get medicinal use/decriminalization on the ballot in AZ in '08. We did win that one a few years ago...Now we have more people who have moved here (some from Medical states..) so let's try again to reform Arizona's current marijuana laws!
Let's show up to support the decriminalization of marijuana for responsible adult use!
Show support for obtaining medicinal rights in Arizona! We are surrounded by medical states.
Turn out to show that you believe marijuana is a much safer alternative to dangerous, violence-inducing alcohol!!
Show up because you believe, as an American, you have the freedom to chose to use a safer recreational alternative to alcohol.
E-mail! Volunteer! But really- Just show up!! :D
Phoenix: Kathleen free420arizona(at)aol.com 480-926-7288 http://myspace.com/phoenixmarch or Jacob Logan (480)-294-5090
Report from www.myspace.com/phoenixmarch page (emphasis added): - "This year's march was held on Saturday, May 3rd at 4:20pm, along with over 200 cities across the globe. The turnout was fantastic- an estimated 1,500 people marched for cannabis liberation along Indian School Road in central Phoenix. We had musicians, comics, hemp ice cream sandwiches, otter pops, tie dyed banners, beautiful protest signs, great music great people of all types; young, old, male, female, gay, straight, bisexual, Americans from around the country, immigrants from around the world, virgin marchers, experienced cannabis activists, medical marijuana patients, political activists, voters, students, businessmen, the great people of Tucson NORML who took a journey into the Big City for the day, animal rights activists, TONS of media coverage, little to no police intervention, free magazines with GMM coverage... It was a truly beautiful day. Here's some video coverage of that special afternoon ..."
- Report (from old GMM site):
It was a good turnout for us. About 75 people showed up. We had 2 bands and we rallied in the street and in the park. We didn't march. I'm attaching some pictures. I'll send more in the mail. I also saw on the website that you only have Kayler Russel as a contact. I would also like to be known as a contact here. Me and her worked together and we will work together next year.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer.
- He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President of the USA.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015. Obama also said: "Last year you had the first time in 40 years where the crime rate and the incarceration rate went down at the same time."
- Holder's Legacy: Steering Away From the Drug War and Mass Incarceration. .
- U.S.: Attorney General Eric Holder Ends Incentive For Law Enforcement To Seize Property.
Drug war + Trickle-Down Economics Edit
Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech : "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."
- See context, and above quote, at 1 minute 7 seconds into this video clip narrated by Woody Harrelson.
|Drug war + trickle-down Reaganomics = mass incarceration and mass control.|
Cost of drug warEdit
- See article: Cost of U.S. drug war. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See also: Drug war charts and maps. See: cannabis arrests.
|Drug war cost charts, infographics, and links.|
Click the infographics to enlarge them.
Obamacare is better than the old healthcare system. Drug rehab for harder drugs is now paid for by Obamacare. It is far cheaper than jail. But Obamacare does not cover everybody because of the incredible waste of health insurance companies. Single-payer covers everybody (including veterans, most of whom are only partially covered by Veterans Administration care). It is much easier to use (almost no paperwork for patients), is far cheaper per capita , and gets better overall health results. U.S. Healthcare Ranked Dead Last Compared To 10 Other Countries. June 16, 2014. Forbes: "Many continue to falsely assume that we pay more for healthcare because we get better health (or better health outcomes)." Why Do Other Rich Nations Spend So Much Less on Healthcare? The Atlantic. July 23, 2014. And 200 million claims were denied yearly before Obamacare. .
Health insurance companies suck money from their hosts, but provide no tangible service. Just like toll-road companies. See: Toll Roads Are A Bad Idea. Both just handle the money, and take a cut of the money. They build costly buildings to house the accounting staff, and claim deniers. Costly 16-lane toll plazas are built, often on expensive urban land.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|