. And: Canada grows closer to legalizing pot. . And: DEA Slapped in Face: American Epilepsy Society Accepts Marijuana Extract Obliterates Seizures in Epileptic Children. And: Big Pharma Shaking in Their Boots as 80% of Cannabis Users Give Up Prescription Pills for Pot. And: Imagine That! Police Solve Far More Murders After they Stop Arresting Cannabis Users. And: The US federal minimum wage hit its peak purchasing power nearly 50 years ago. And: Canada has universal health care, and a higher minimum wage than the US. And: A Trump Fan Cheering Obamacare Repeal Just Found Out He’s On Obamacare. Hilarity Ensues. And: First Marijuana Bill Already Introduced In New US Congress. And: New UN chief António Guterres was Prime Minister of Portugal when it decriminalized drugs . And: Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin (Democrat) Pardons 192 for Marijuana Convictions. And: New Study: Cigarettes Tied To Increased Stroke Risk But Not Marijuana. And: More than 1,100 law school professors nationwide oppose Sessions’s nomination as attorney general. And: Georgia (country). Constitutional Court decides prison is too harsh punishment for marijuana use. . And: 15 charts that show how Obamacare works now — and how Republicans would overhaul it. 21 million may lose their healthcare coverage under Trumpcare. Will 2018 midterm elections remove Republicans?
Professor says Obama could grant blanket “amnesty to all first time nonviolent drug offenders in prison who have good records and would not even be in prison now if they were convicted under current law.”  Federal prisoners only. And: Mexico Begins Importing Medical Marijuana As Views on Therapeutic Cannabis Evolve. And: The Taboo of Marijuana in Mexico May Be Fading Away. And: On average, states with medical marijuana laws see dips in fatal car crashes.
Republican governor Kasich quietly bans Cleveland voters from raising minimum wage in their city. And: Working full time at state minimum wage is not enough for a one-bedroom apartment in any state. Click states. And: Bernie Sanders: Americans pay highest prices for pharmaceutical drugs in the world. And: Branford, Connecticut. America’s oldest hospice to study medical marijuana.And:
The Student Debt Crisis Is Driving Elderly People Into Poverty. And: Feds refuse to stop taxing the canceled student debt of severely disabled people.
MSNBC Guest: Upcoming Attorney General Jeff Sessions Is a ‘KKK Sympathizer’. And: Sessions: KKK "was O.K. until I found out they smoked pot." . And: Sessions Racism Accusations: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know. . See: Race, ethnicity, and drug war. And: US News & World Report. Activists Roll Joint, Offer Free Pot at Jeff Sessions Office as Threats Swirl to Legalization Framework. . Viral video. And: Attorney General Pick Sessions Is a Drug War Dinosaur.
- ray christl - Cambodia | LinkedIn.
- ray christl on HuffingtonPost.
- Cambodia. Cannabis-related links.
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Phnom Penh
- Wikipedia: Phnom Penh
- Wikitravel: Phnom Penh
- WeBeHigh.com - home page lists all cities.
- City page: Phnom Penh
- Cambodia - Marijuana and Travel. And here, too.
Global Marijuana March (GMM) Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 877 different cities have signed up from 80 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
See GMM: basic city lists, detailed city lists, graphics, photos, maps, regions, links, years. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondial du Cannabis. And: Global Marijuana March.
|2017, 2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos.|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
Phnom Penh: Ray Cristl THCMinistrycambodia(at)gmail.com 011-855 17 58 1930 High noon, Wat Phnom
Article in The Phnom Penh Post Edit
American calls for medical marijuana
Friday, 30 April 2010
AN American expatriate has announced plans for a rally Saturday to press the government to allow for the distribution of medical marijuana.
Ray Christl, who has lived in Phnom Penh for nine years, said he plans to ask authorities for permission to open a medical marijuana dispensary. He hopes to model it after similar facilities in California, where patients obtain licences to purchase and ingest the drug for medical purposes.
“This would be a dispensary where we would grow small amounts,” Christl said. “We would get some simple immunity from the drug laws.”
Christl, a university professor who identifies himself as a pastor with the THC Ministry, “part of a whole group of spiritual and medical cannabis users”, said the arrangement would be respectful of local sensibilities. THC stands for tetrahydrocannabinol, the psychoactive chemical in marijuana.
“We’re not trying to do a 4/20 here,” Christl said, referring to the unofficial holiday for marijuana smokers, who celebrate cannabis use every April 20 by lighting up in mass demonstrations. “We’re not trying to glamorise this.”
Cannabis is prohibited under Cambodia’s drug control law. Despite this, obtaining it is possible, Christl said. Speaking about using cannabis openly, however, is a different matter.
“That’s the whole point,” he said. “I’ve lived here for nine years and I haven’t made a big deal about it.... It just seems like now is the time to come out of the closet.”
Christl’s rally – which he has dubbed “high noon” – will begin at 12:30pm at Wat Phnom.
Health Ministry officials could not be reached Thursday.
Forum message Edit
-- beginning of forum message --
April 29, 2010.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Introducing THC Ministry / Cambodia
Aloha. It is my great pleasure to announce that my old-time friend and mentor, Pastor Ray Christl, is becoming a THC Ministry Minister and is the founder of the brand new THC Ministry / Cambodia. Welcome Ray!
From: ray christl <email@example.com>
Date: Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 12:06 AM
Subject: Press Release... For immediate news release
Saturday May 1st HIGH NOON, WAT PHNOM CAMBODIA
Dear Media; Please send a reporter or news crew to Wat Phnom at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday May !st, 2010.
Phnom Penh is city #302 in the "GLOBAL MEDICAL CANNABIS RALLY-MARCH".
Pastor Ray Christl -017-58-1930 will give interviews and discuss our request for legal access to medical Cannabis (marijuana). We want to highlight the need for a DISPENSARY that helps to grow, process, and distribute MEDPOT to patients under the care of a Doctor.
In addition, our ministry wants to extend medical therapy to drug addicts in Cambodia. A huge meth-heroin-cocaine drug addiction problem can be rectified with "IBOGAINE TREATMENT " lasting five days.
Please let Khmer citizens and hard working government officials know we offer natural solutions to difficult social problems. Cambodia could be a world leader in using traditional green herbs and plants to stop hardcore drug dependency.
The compassionate medical use of Cannabis for AIDS, cancer, pain, MS, glaucoma, autism, and appetite stimulation. Just to name a few of the hundreds of medicinal uses in tincture (food), anointing oil, topical lotion, inhaled smoke, etc.
Join our crusade to green the planet with natural, logical, commonsense ideas. Sincerely Yours,
Pastor Raymond Christl
THC Ministry / Cambodia
-- end of forum message --
Marijuana-Laced 'Happy Pizza' Taken off the Menu in Cambodia.
Happy Herb's Bistro. May 12, 1999. By Oliver Green.
- http://www.pigdog.org/auto/cambodia/shortfeature/235.html - some excerpts:
- Happy Herb's, as the sharp-minded of you will have guessed, serves ganja and since the Russian market got busted expatriates have had a reasonable excuse to go and munch some herb for supper. Herb also does hash coffees for brekky and will sell you a large Nescafe jar full of weed for a dollar.
- After I'd ordered, Herb came out of the kitchen and asked, "Happy?" "Very," I replied. No point in half-measures, I thought and pulled a spliff out of my glasses case. Herb sat down and we began chatting.
- Happy Herb's began in the heady days when the UN ruled Cambodia while they tried to sort out some half-decent elections. Cambodia was flooded with danger-seeking fools with astronomical wages which they squandered on drugs, prostitutes and fine dining. Herb was taught to cook pizzas by one of this crew, and suggested adding ganja, a traditional Khmer ingredient. ...
- The Cambodia Daily said in their restaurant guide "If you decide you aren't going back to work anyway after lunch, by all means have Herb sprinkle some happiness on your pizza, but unless you want to zone out for a couple of days, ask for "tik-tik. (Khmer for "a little.") This correspondent asked for "tom-tom" and was still tripping the same time the next day, all loved-up over pastis at sunset watching the promenade again.
- Verdict: An excellent meal with great side-effects. One pizza with two beers cost £3.50 in crisp green Yankee money.
- Oliver Green, Ganja Gonzo Extraordinaire
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Presidents can not reschedule it Edit
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
The president alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
Drug-war mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money.|
Canadian single-payer healthcare and Edit
Portuguese drug decriminalization Edit
|Business people for Single-payer Healthcare. Fed up with uncontrollable costs of U.S. healthcare.See:|
- Canada has saved trillions of dollars by eliminating the middleman, the health insurance companies.
|Canada's single-payer universal healthcare costs less per person than U.S. healthcare. 220.127.116.11.. For more countries and charts: 6.7.. And the USA has lower average life expectancy than the OECD average (OECD = developed economies). 8.. Click chart to enlarge:|
- Medical Bills Still Take A Big Toll in USA, Even With Insurance. NPR. March 8, 2016.
Green love Edit
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|
2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 Edit
May 6, 2017, Saturday, or thereabouts. And April 20 (4/20), or thereabouts. Rallies and marches overall change public opinion for the better! See: Cannabis polls.
- 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. - Worldwide.
- USA. 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 city list. - USA.
- 420 event lists. - Worldwide.
|US states that have legalized|
as of November 2016 election.