|See 2014 Global Cannabis March, and 420 city lists.|
- House bill to allow VA and veterans access to medical marijuana. Will Republicans pass it?
- “The Empty Chair at the Holiday Table” Campaign. Moms United to End the War. .
- Jesse Ventura: On the US police state. On Coast to Coast AM: Cannabis is his #1 issue .
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President.
- Chilean moms growing support for medical marijuana.
- Georgia: Democratic state senator Curt Thompson files 2 bills to legalize medical marijuana and recreational marijuana.
- 2016 election. "The Blue Wall is a block of states that no Republican Presidential candidate can realistically hope to win. ... Voter turnout was awful. It was more awful for the Democrats but the GOP won 52 percent of 35 percent of the vote: in other words their mandate is 17 percent of the registered electorate (and 13 percent of those eligible to vote)."
- New York City: Democrat Mayor de Blasio seeks mail-in payment for pot fines. He stopped Bloomberg's policy of arresting tens of thousands of brown people yearly for cannabis possession. . See Saturday Night Live video.
- UK conservatives like drug war , and taxing, underpaying, and pillaging the poor and middle class . The US drug war is part of Republican war on the poor and middle class where there has been an incredible transfer of wealth from the bottom 90% to the top 0.1%. See charts:
Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech : "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."
- Republicans crushed in Oregon. Cannabis made legal . Presidential candidate from Oregon could end cannabis prohibition in 2016. Pew Poll shows support for legalization has increased 11 points since 2010. See Why Prisons Thrive . Also, record wealth inequality .
|More cannabis-related links, city lists, and graphics.|
- ray christl - Cambodia | LinkedIn.
- ray christl on HuffingtonPost.
- Cambodia. Cannabis-related links.
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Phnom Penh
- Wikipedia: Phnom Penh
- Wikitravel: Phnom Penh
- WeBeHigh.com - home page lists all cities.
- City page: Phnom Penh
- Cambodia - Marijuana and Travel. And here, too.
Global Marijuana March (GMM) Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 845 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
Right-click any region for its city list.
Phnom Penh: Ray Cristl THCMinistrycambodia(at)gmail.com 011-855 17 58 1930 High noon, Wat Phnom
Article in The Phnom Penh Post Edit
American calls for medical marijuana
Friday, 30 April 2010
AN American expatriate has announced plans for a rally Saturday to press the government to allow for the distribution of medical marijuana.
Ray Christl, who has lived in Phnom Penh for nine years, said he plans to ask authorities for permission to open a medical marijuana dispensary. He hopes to model it after similar facilities in California, where patients obtain licences to purchase and ingest the drug for medical purposes.
“This would be a dispensary where we would grow small amounts,” Christl said. “We would get some simple immunity from the drug laws.”
Christl, a university professor who identifies himself as a pastor with the THC Ministry, “part of a whole group of spiritual and medical cannabis users”, said the arrangement would be respectful of local sensibilities. THC stands for tetrahydrocannabinol, the psychoactive chemical in marijuana.
“We’re not trying to do a 4/20 here,” Christl said, referring to the unofficial holiday for marijuana smokers, who celebrate cannabis use every April 20 by lighting up in mass demonstrations. “We’re not trying to glamorise this.”
Cannabis is prohibited under Cambodia’s drug control law. Despite this, obtaining it is possible, Christl said. Speaking about using cannabis openly, however, is a different matter.
“That’s the whole point,” he said. “I’ve lived here for nine years and I haven’t made a big deal about it.... It just seems like now is the time to come out of the closet.”
Christl’s rally – which he has dubbed “high noon” – will begin at 12:30pm at Wat Phnom.
Health Ministry officials could not be reached Thursday.
Forum message Edit
-- beginning of forum message --
April 29, 2010.
Cannabis Sacrament Minister
Introducing THC Ministry / Cambodia
Aloha. It is my great pleasure to announce that my old-time friend and mentor, Pastor Ray Christl, is becoming a THC Ministry Minister and is the founder of the brand new THC Ministry / Cambodia. Welcome Ray!
From: ray christl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 12:06 AM
Subject: Press Release... For immediate news release
Saturday May 1st HIGH NOON, WAT PHNOM CAMBODIA
Dear Media; Please send a reporter or news crew to Wat Phnom at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday May !st, 2010.
Phnom Penh is city #302 in the "GLOBAL MEDICAL CANNABIS RALLY-MARCH".
Pastor Ray Christl -017-58-1930 will give interviews and discuss our request for legal access to medical Cannabis (marijuana). We want to highlight the need for a DISPENSARY that helps to grow, process, and distribute MEDPOT to patients under the care of a Doctor.
In addition, our ministry wants to extend medical therapy to drug addicts in Cambodia. A huge meth-heroin-cocaine drug addiction problem can be rectified with "IBOGAINE TREATMENT " lasting five days.
Please let Khmer citizens and hard working government officials know we offer natural solutions to difficult social problems. Cambodia could be a world leader in using traditional green herbs and plants to stop hardcore drug dependency.
The compassionate medical use of Cannabis for AIDS, cancer, pain, MS, glaucoma, autism, and appetite stimulation. Just to name a few of the hundreds of medicinal uses in tincture (food), anointing oil, topical lotion, inhaled smoke, etc.
Join our crusade to green the planet with natural, logical, commonsense ideas. Sincerely Yours,
Pastor Raymond Christl
THC Ministry / Cambodia
-- end of forum message --
Marijuana-Laced 'Happy Pizza' Taken off the Menu in Cambodia.
Happy Herb's Bistro. May 12, 1999. By Oliver Green.
- http://www.pigdog.org/auto/cambodia/shortfeature/235.html - some excerpts:
- Happy Herb's, as the sharp-minded of you will have guessed, serves ganja and since the Russian market got busted expatriates have had a reasonable excuse to go and munch some herb for supper. Herb also does hash coffees for brekky and will sell you a large Nescafe jar full of weed for a dollar.
- After I'd ordered, Herb came out of the kitchen and asked, "Happy?" "Very," I replied. No point in half-measures, I thought and pulled a spliff out of my glasses case. Herb sat down and we began chatting.
- Happy Herb's began in the heady days when the UN ruled Cambodia while they tried to sort out some half-decent elections. Cambodia was flooded with danger-seeking fools with astronomical wages which they squandered on drugs, prostitutes and fine dining. Herb was taught to cook pizzas by one of this crew, and suggested adding ganja, a traditional Khmer ingredient. ...
- The Cambodia Daily said in their restaurant guide "If you decide you aren't going back to work anyway after lunch, by all means have Herb sprinkle some happiness on your pizza, but unless you want to zone out for a couple of days, ask for "tik-tik. (Khmer for "a little.") This correspondent asked for "tom-tom" and was still tripping the same time the next day, all loved-up over pastis at sunset watching the promenade again.
- Verdict: An excellent meal with great side-effects. One pizza with two beers cost £3.50 in crisp green Yankee money.
- Oliver Green, Ganja Gonzo Extraordinaire
|More info, tips, links, and |
media of all kinds.
Note: Update any section of this page. Feel free to add sections for years, events, legal initiatives, history, people, organizations, gatherings, and so on. Add links and info of all kinds. Some sources: Category:Cannabis-related events, GMM yearly city lists, GMM links, wikipedia:Category:Cannabis activism, cannabis culture, etc.. Also, search the web (add city to search) for cannabis activism, groups, 420 events, harvest festival events, ballot initiatives, court cases, etc.. Add links for reports, articles, photos, graphics (posters, banners, flyers), videos, press, media coverage, etc.. Upload photos and graphics. You can help: Category:Work in progress. See also: Video help and search links.
Incarceration rates Edit
|See list of incarceration rates by country (b c). Compare the rates. Due to the Drug War the USA has the highest incarceration rate in the world. See cost of U.S. drug war: 1.5 trillion dollars! Let's Break the Taboo! Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
The purple elephant in the room:
Cost of drug warEdit
|Cost of U.S. drug war. Even $1.5 trillion dollars is conservative since many crimes are committed in order to get money for drugs. Correction costs alone averaged $30,600 per inmate in 2007. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Economics - Drug War Facts. See: 32 Reasons Why We Need To End The War On Drugs - Business Insider. See: The Budgetary Impact of Ending Drug Prohibition.|
Breaking the Taboo Edit
- Share link: taboo
Home Page (BreakingTheTaboo.info). More info . See TabooBreakers on Twitter. See Global Commission on Drug Policy and Facebook page. Quotes from video clips on the trailer: President Richard Nixon: "total war against public enemy number one". President Ronald Wilson Reagan: "When we say no to drugs it will be clear that we mean absolutely none". President George H.W. Bush: "Some think there won't be room for them in jail. We'll make room". Morgan Freeman: "Since 1971 2.5 trillion dollars have been spent on the War on Drugs". Look who's breaking the taboo: Richard Branson, Kate Winslet, Sam Branson, Morgan Freeman, and many more. See also: MarijuanaMajority.com. Share link. Full version in English is no longer available online. Hey Richard Branson, George Soros, or whoever, please buy it and put it back online!
Quentin Tarantino Edit
| Quentin Tarantino. Video:|
War on Drugs is Like Slavery.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President.
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
|Cannabis is safer!|
Quotes in the image to the left (and in the text below) are from the U.S. government's landmark 1999 Institute of Medicine (IOM) report, Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base. The full text of the report is available for free online at the above link, and is searchable. The table of contents by chapter is on the sidebar. The report is also available as a free PDF download. Quotes below are followed by their references. Emphasis added.
Page 109: "Indeed, epidemiological data indicate that in the general population marijuana use is not associated with increased mortality. 138"
Page 107: "When heavy marijuana use accompanies these symptoms [amotivation], the drug is often cited as the cause, but no convincing data demonstrate a causal relationship between marijuana smoking and these behavior characteristics. 23"
Page 119: "There is no conclusive evidence that marijuana causes cancer in humans, including cancers usually related to tobacco use."