- Share link: www.cannabis.wikia.com/philadelphia
Social media, Facebook Edit
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Philadelphia.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Philadelphia.
- Wikitravel: Philadelphia.
- WeBeHigh.org: Cities by region and nation. By U.S. state. Or search.
- WeBeHigh.org -
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 872 different cities have signed up from 80 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
See GMM: basic city lists, detailed city lists, graphics, photos, maps, regions, links, years. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondial du Cannabis. And: Global Marijuana March.
|2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
GMM, May 19:
- 2012 Philadelphia Cannabis March - Events - NORMLNJ.org.
- PhillyNORML - News - The Global Cannabis Peace March Hits South Street May 19th at 4 pm.
- PhillyNORML - Event - 2012 Philadelphia Cannabis March.
GMM, May 21:
- Philadelphia Marijuana March and Concert on South St May 21 - Philadelphia norml | Examiner.com.
- PhillyNORML - Event - PhillyNORML Presents 2011 Philadelphia Freedom Festival Benefit.
- Freedomisgreen Sponsoring Philadelphia Freedom Festival.
- 2011 Philadelphia Cannabis March.
- PhillyNORML Presents 2011 Philadelphia Freedom Festival Benefit.
- Photos: PhillyNORML Marijuana March & Concert May 21, 2011.
- Photos: 2011 Philadelphia Cannabis March.
Philadelphia: Rob Dougherty chair(at)phillynorml.org 215-586-3483 or Derek Rosenzweig co-chair(at)phillynorml.org http://www.pa4mmj.org Postal: 1234 Market St., PO. Box 36687, Philadelphia, PA 19107. 3- 400 meeting at Broad and South at 4:00 pm. Marching down South Street and rallying at 2nd and South until 6:00pm or so.
GMM, May 1:
- Philly Cannabis March 2010.
- Facebook: Philadelphia Cannabis March 2010.
- PhillyNORML - Event - "Philly Cannabis March 2010".
- Forum: Philly Cannabis March 2010.
- Philadelphia Marijuana March on 5/1: How to participate - Philadelphia norml | Examiner.com.
- Tomorrow: Philadelphia Cannabis March | Philadelphia City Paper | 04/30/2010.
Philadelphia: Rob Dougherty chair(at)phillynorml.org 215-586-3483 or Derek Rosenzweig co-chair(at)phillynorml.org http://www.pa4mmj.org Postal: 1234 Market St., PO. Box 36687, Philadelphia, PA 19107.
- Report, videos: http://www.phillynorml.org/medijuana/pages/news/70
- Report, photos, videos: open.salon.com/blog/freedomisgreen article - "Philadelphia has shown a strong turnout for the annual anti- prohibition rally and this year’s crowd was exceptional, with numbers over 500. The march takes place each year on one of the most popular and well trafficked areas of the city: South Street."
- Media: temple-news.com article and photo - Article archived here.
Philadelphia: Rob Dougherty chair(at)phillynorml.org 215-586-3483 Postal: 1234 Market St., PO. Box 36687, Philadelphia, PA 19107. Meeting at Broad and South at 4:00 pm. Marching down South Street and rallying at 2nd and South until 6:00pm or so.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Obama alone can not reschedule it Edit
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
- Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape. Republican committee leaders refuse hearings and votes on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis.
Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate."
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
2016 election and marches Edit
2016 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. Public opinion wins elections. So get out and march!
|Register and vote for cannabis in 2016.|
|Republicans are busy filing retrograde drug bills across the land. Republicans want to put a conservative drug warrior on the Supreme Court to replace Antonin Scalia, and to reinvigorate their drug war. Supreme Court rejects conservative challenge to Colorado marijuana law from Republican states. 2.|
USA Today: 11 states least likely to legalize marijuana. Republican states across the nation.
|Marijuana in the South: A State-by-State Guide. Republicans created a THC-free south.|
Drug-war mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
Canadian single-payer healthcare and Edit
Portuguese drug decriminalization Edit
|ColoradoCare. 2. It would cover all residents and cost less than the current system. One primary payer, and no deductibles and no co-pays. See: Business people for Single-payer Healthcare. Fed up with uncontrollable costs of U.S. healthcare.On ballot in 2016:|
- Canada has saved trillions of dollars by eliminating the middleman, the health insurance companies.
|Canada's single-payer universal healthcare costs less per person than U.S. healthcare. 22.214.171.124.. For more countries and charts: 6.7.. And the USA has lower average life expectancy than the OECD average (OECD = developed economies). 8.. Click chart to enlarge:|
- Medical Bills Still Take A Big Toll in USA, Even With Insurance. NPR. March 8, 2016.
Green love Edit
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|