- Share link: Paris
- The GOP War on Christmas. Republicans cut food stamps, but do little to end expensive mandatory minimum sentencing, or to rollback the costly Republican-led drug war.
Oliver Stone (emphasis added):
Oliver Stone: JFK conspiracy deniers are in denial. You decide. The U.S. police state has expanded greatly in the last 50 years.
|More cannabis-related links, city lists, and graphics.|
Social media, Facebook Edit
MySpace: FARId (Farid Ghehioueche)
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|See 2013 Global Marijuana March city list. 2|
- France. Cannabis-related links
- Villes - Paris - Marche Mondiale du Cannabis.
- Marche Mondiale du Cannabis.
- Category: 18 Joint France event graphics
- 18joint.org and flyers, banners, posters.
- circ-asso.net - flyers, banners, posters.
- Google: marche mondiale cannabis Paris OR Bastille.
- Videos: Google search - marche mondiale cannabis Paris
City info Edit
|Find city at WeBeHigh.org. Or submit a report.|
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 813 different cities have signed up from 72 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|See 2013 Global Marijuana March city list. 2|
Right-click any region for its city list.
GMM, May 4:
GMM, May 12, 2012:
- Cannabis Sans Frontières - Retour sur la Marche Mondiale du Cannabis 2012.
- Paris Marche Mondiale du Cannabis.
- La Marche Mondiale Du Cannabis 12 mai 2012 | PROGRAMME & DEBATS POLITIQUES.
- خبارنا : جريدة الكترونية مغربية _ المسيرة العالمية من أجل "القنب الهندي".
- Photos: Marche Mondiale du Cannabis. 2011 and 2012.
- Video: Marche mondiale du cannabis: le changement, c'est maintenant? - Les Inrocks.
- Video: 7 Mai 2011 - Marche Mondiale du Cannabis à Paris.
- Flickr photos: Marche Mondiale du Cannabis, and here.
- Évènements - Marche Mondiale du Cannabis.
- Marcher pour la dépénalisation du cannabis | RFI.
- 7 mai: Marche Mondiale du Cannabis 2011 à Paris - 10ème édition.
- Paris : marche mondiale du Cannabis 2011, 10è édition ce samedi.
- Techno + : Le 7 mai, Marche Mondiale du Cannabis Marche Mondiale du Cannabis.
- Photos: Marche Mondiale du Cannabis. 2011 and 2012.
2010. 18 Joint. June 18 Edit
Category: 18 Joint France event graphics. Article links, too.
France 1970-2010. 40 years of cannabis prohibition.
June 18, 2010 events. France.
Paris: Si vous voulez que nos arguments soient entendus, il faut que nous soyons nombreux le vendredi 18 juin à 18 heures sur la grande pelouse de La-Villette pour demander l’abrogation de la loi de 1970. Ambiance pacifique et conviviale - Musique, stands associatifs, prises de parole. N'hésitez pas à diffuser le flyer que vous trouverez ici:
Lyon: A Lyon, le CIRC appelle à un rassemblement place Sathonay.
Event graphics: See the linked pages and Category:18 Joint France event graphics. Right-click an image to get to the info page, and to enlarge it further.
2010. GMM Edit
Paris: FARId Ghehioueche <farid(at)no-log.org> 0033614815679 /skype: farid3h http://www.myspace.com/farid71100 http://www.cannabissansfrontieres.org Postal : Lady Long Solo 38, rue Keller 75011 Paris. May 1st : from Republique to Bastille within all demonstrators of labor day ; May 8th "Liberation day" - all in Paris / Bastille Place from 3PM to 6 PM.; Nationwide CannaPeace gathering (music, information, speeches, street arts...).
- Preview and forum: Marche Mondiale de la Marijuana 2010. CannaWeed.com
- Preview and flyer: Marche Mondiale du Cannabis 2010. 18joint.org
- Report and links: Cannabis sans Frontières, communiqué n°37 : Marche mondiale du cannabis 2010, une "Bastille" à prendre !
- Photos: La Marche Mondiale pour le cannabis Place de la Bastille à Paris. Alain Téoulé.
- Report and photos: Reportage : Légalisation du cannabis? L’enquête à Bastille lors du rassemblement organisé par Cannabis sans frontières ce samedi.
- Thread: PsySrek Mix - Million Marijuana March 2010.
- http://www.demosphere.eu/node/18504 - preview and map.
- Cannaweed.com forum: Marche mondiale de la marijuana 2010.
|Listen: PsySrek Mix - Million Marijuana March 2010 ;-') by Legalize Cannabis. "This mix have been played at the 'Million Marijuana March', world manifestation to legalize cannabis, in Paris (place de la Bastille - 08/05/2010)." (May 8, 2010). See forum discussion and download link there. Turn Flashblock off. It uses Flash. More info and download sources:  |
Paris: Jean Pierre Galland circ75idf(at)circ-asso.net 33 685 54 48 32/678 86 55 89 CIRC PARIS ILE-DE-FRANCE, 21 ter rue de Voltaire, 75011 Paris or mmc2007(at)no-log.org http://www.mmcparis.info May 9, 5 to 7 PM Place de Bastille.
- Link: rue89.com preview and banner
- Link: http://appel20janvier.free.fr/spip.php?article37
- Link: http://appel20janvier.free.fr/spip.php?rubrique6
- Preview: http://parisseveille.info/cannabis-sans-frontieres,048.html
- Video: http://videos.nouvelobs.com/video/iLyROoafMZEW.html
- Report: cannaweed.com article
18 Joint. June 18 events in Paris and Lyon:
- Today is National Joint Day in France. June 18, 2009 by Michael Cosgrove. Article and photos.
- La Marche mondiale du cannabis prend la Bastille samedi. Par Arnaud Aubron.
Paris: Pascal <mmc2007(at)no-log.org> or Tel. 33 (0)1 47 97 03 41 Cell .33 (0) 6 30 13 50 51 http://www.mmcparis.info Postal: Comité ad'hoc pour l'organisation de la Marche mondiale du Cannabis 2007 C/O Pascale Girard, 32 rue Sorbier, 75020 Paris, France. 5 to 7 PM Place de Bastille. May 5th (not 4th!)
- Preview: nouvelobs.com article.
- La Main Verte • Afficher le sujet - Marche mondiale pour la cannabis le samedi 3 mai.
- Cannaweed.com thread: Marche Mondiale pour le Cannabis. 3 mai paris bastille.
- Marche Mondiale pour la légalisation du cannabis le 3 mai.
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/manu_le_manu/tags/cannabis - these photos have a free license. See Commons:File:JP Galland 492937382 4a0afd096d o d.jpg
- Link: http://circnordest.free.fr/mmc2006/nouvelles.htm
- Preview: http://circnordest.free.fr/mmc2006/index.htm
- Preview: http://circnordest.free.fr/mmc2006/mmcparis2006.htm
- Preview: http://www.canapa-info.ch/info/ar/Marche-Mondiale-pour-la,4110.html
- Marche Mondiale du Cannabis le 6 Mai à Paris Place de la Bastille.
- Preview: cannaweed.com article
- Preview and history: http://lesverts.fr/article.php3?id_article=2311
- French freedom fighter. By Wilfred Azencoth and Dana Larsen. August 31, 1999. Cannabis Culture magazine.
| More info, tips, links, and |
media of all kinds.
Note: Update any section of this page. Feel free to add sections for years, events, legal initiatives, history, people, organizations, gatherings, and so on. Add links and info of all kinds. Some sources: Category:Cannabis-related events, GMM yearly city lists, GMM links, wikipedia:Category:Cannabis activism, cannabis culture, etc.. Also, search the web (add city to search) for cannabis activism, groups, 420 events, harvest festival events, ballot initiatives, court cases, etc.. Add links for reports, articles, photos, graphics (posters, banners, flyers), videos, press, media coverage, etc.. Upload photos and graphics. You can help: Category:Work in progress. See also: Video help and search links.
Incarceration rates Edit
|See list of incarceration rates by country. Compare the rates. Due to the Drug War the USA has the highest incarceration rate in the world. See cost of U.S. drug war: 1.5 trillion dollars! Let's Break the Taboo! Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
The purple elephant in the room:
Cost of drug warEdit
|Cost of U.S. drug war. Even $1.5 trillion dollars is conservative since many crimes are committed in order to get money for drugs. Correction costs alone average $30,600 per inmate in 2007. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Economics - Drug War Facts. See: 32 Reasons Why We Need To End The War On Drugs - Business Insider. See: The Budgetary Impact of Ending Drug Prohibition.|
Breaking the Taboo Edit
- Share link: taboo
Home Page (BreakingTheTaboo.info). More info . See TabooBreakers on Twitter. See Global Commission on Drug Policy and Facebook page. Quotes from video clips on the trailer: President Richard Nixon: "total war against public enemy number one". President Ronald Wilson Reagan: "When we say no to drugs it will be clear that we mean absolutely none". President George H.W. Bush: "Some think there won't be room for them in jail. We'll make room". Morgan Freeman: "Since 1971 2.5 trillion dollars have been spent on the War on Drugs". Look who's breaking the taboo: Richard Branson, Kate Winslet, Sam Branson, Morgan Freeman, and many more. See also: MarijuanaMajority.com. Share link. Full version in English is no longer available online. Hey Richard Branson, George Soros, Peter Lewis, or whoever, please buy it and put it back online!
Quentin Tarantino Edit
| Quentin Tarantino. Video:|
War on Drugs is Like Slavery.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- See also: Category: Cannabis is safer.
Cigarette Ingredients - Chemicals in Cigarettes. Tri-County Cessation Center. "The list of 599 additives approved by the US Government for use in the manufacture of cigarettes is something every smoker should see. Submitted by the five major American cigarette companies to the Dept. of Health and Human Services in April of 1994, this list of ingredients had long been kept a secret. ... While these ingredients are approved as additives for foods, they were not tested by burning them, and it is the burning of many of these substances which changes their properties, often for the worse. Over 4000 chemical compounds are created by burning a cigarette – 69 of those chemicals are known to cause cancer." See: Wikipedia: Tobacco harm reduction. See Marijuana habit not linked to lung cancer : IMNG Oncology Report: "The difference in risk is likely related to chemical additives in commercial cigarettes that aren’t present in most methods of inhaling marijuana smoke." See: Wikipedia: List of additives in cigarettes.
"In October 2008 the American Association of Public Health Physicians (AAPHP) became the first medical organization in the U.S. to officially endorse tobacco harm reduction as a viable strategy to reduce the death toll related to cigarette smoking."   Joel Nitzkin: "So if we can figure that the nicotine in the e-cigarettes is basically a generic version of the same nicotine that is in prescription products, we have every reason to believe that the hazard posed by e-cigarettes would be much lower than one percent, probably lower than one tenth of one percent of the hazard posed by regular cigarettes."  
Quotes in the image to the left (and in the text below) are from the U.S. government's landmark 1999 Institute of Medicine (IOM) report, Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base. The full text of the report is available for free online at the above link, and is searchable. The table of contents by chapter is on the right side. Quotes below are followed by their references. Emphasis added.
Page 109: "Indeed, epidemiological data indicate that in the general population marijuana use is not associated with increased mortality. 138"
- - 138. Sidney S, Beck JE, Tekawa IS, Quesenberry CP Jr, Friedman GD. 1997a. Marijuana use and mortality. American Journal of Public Health 87:585—590.
Page 107: "When heavy marijuana use accompanies these symptoms [amotivation], the drug is often cited as the cause, but no convincing data demonstrate a causal relationship between marijuana smoking and these behavior characteristics. 23"
- - 23. Chait LD, Pierri J. 1992. Effects of smoked marijuana on human performance: A critical review. In: L Murphy and A Bartke, Editors, Marijuana/Cannabinoids: Neurobiology and Neurophysiology. Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press. Pp. 387—424.
Page 119: "There is no conclusive evidence that marijuana causes cancer in humans, including cancers usually related to tobacco use."
Compare the IOM report quotes to this quote about tobacco:
"Every week, 52 weeks a year, some 8000 people in this country die from tobacco-related diseases, their lives ended prematurely by an aggressive tobacco industry and the addictive properties of nicotine." - American Journal of Critical Care, March 2002. Nursing, our public deaths, and the tobacco industry. By Ruth E. Malone.