Quinnipiac poll: 71% oppose enforcing federal marijuana laws in states where the drug is legal. And: Severely Epileptic Child Granted Cannabis Oil in Ireland, Setting Precedent: Almost Homeless in LA. And: 'America Is Full Of Hypocrites': Marijuana Lifer John Knock Speaks Out. And: Medical marijuana given green light in South Africa: report. And: First Marijuana Testing for Vets with PTSD Underway in Phoenix; Volunteers Wanted. And: Hemp Industries Association Sues DEA Over Illegal Attempt to Regulate Hemp Foods as Schedule I Drugs. And: Will Trump Crush the Modest Progress in Fighting Mass Incarceration? Momentum at state level. .
Canada. Human rights board orders insurer to pay medical marijuana costs in precedent-setting case . Washington Post article: Repealing the Affordable Care Act will kill more than 43,000 people annually, and 30 million will lose their healthcare coverage. Physicians for a National Health Program. Will 2018 midterm elections remove Republicans? And: Marijuana and gender equity: Cannabis industry is a magnet for women executives
And: Marijuana, made in Italy: Inside the military police cannabis lab. And: Israel moves to decriminalize marijuana use . And: Germany expands medical cannabis legalization. Insurance will pay for it. . And: People in the US and Canada spent over $53 billion on marijuana in 2016. And: Mass incarceration doesn't do much to fight crime. But it costs an absurd $182 billion a year. And: Imagine That! Police Solve Far More Murders After they Stop Arresting Cannabis Users.
. And: And: DEA Slapped in Face: American Epilepsy Society Accepts Marijuana Extract Obliterates Seizures in Epileptic Children. And: Big Pharma Shaking in Their Boots as 80% of Cannabis Users Give Up Prescription Pills for Pot. And: A Trump Fan Cheering Obamacare Repeal Just Found Out He’s On Obamacare. Hilarity Ensues. And: New UN chief António Guterres was Prime Minister of Portugal when it decriminalized drugs . And: Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin (Democrat) Pardons 192 for Marijuana Convictions. And: New Study: Cigarettes Tied To Increased Stroke Risk But Not Marijuana. And: 15 charts that show how Obamacare works now — and how Republicans would overhaul it.
The US federal minimum wage hit its peak purchasing power nearly 50 years ago. And: Canada has universal health care, and a higher minimum wage than the US. And: On average, states with medical marijuana laws see dips in fatal car crashes.And:
Republican governor Kasich quietly bans Cleveland voters from raising minimum wage in their city. And: Working full time at state minimum wage is not enough for a one-bedroom apartment in any state. Click states. And: Bernie Sanders: Americans pay highest prices for pharmaceutical drugs in the world. And: Branford, Connecticut. America’s oldest hospice to study medical marijuana.And:
He already violated health care promises by appointing Tom Price.
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Paducah
- Wikipedia: Paducah
- Wikitravel: Paducah
- WeBeHigh.org: Cities by region and nation. By U.S. state. Or search.
- WeBeHigh.com - home page lists all cities.
- City page:
Global Marijuana March (GMM) Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 883 different cities have participated from 80 different nations or subnational areas since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
See GMM: basic city lists, detailed city lists, graphics, photos, maps, regions, links, years. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondial du Cannabis. And: Global Marijuana March.
|2017, 2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos.|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
Written by User:CQ
Paducah 2020. By the year 2020 Paducah's economy will have completely healed because of the area's rich river and creek bottom land, the decriminalization of cannabis and the secession of the former Jackson Purchase region from the insanity of convention and the degeneration of the status quo.
With cannabis freely cultivated and growing wild, an atmosphere of freedom and local economic self-reliance budded from apparently nowhere. People who were once marginalized: poor, needy and in constant danger of arrest and incarceration got together and formed a thriving green economy thanks in part to the intrinsic value of marijuana and hemp products. They also learned to live without fossil fuels and to raise their own high-quality organic Kentucky burley tobacco, thus breaking the political and economic stranglehold that existed only a decade before. Paducah2020
- A bicentennial observance of the 1811-1812 Seismic events is being planned as an awareness and preparedness campaign. The plan contains "legitimate" agenda items, so beware.
Paducah: Paula Willett pioneerpaula(at)mchsi.com 270 703 5283 http://www.myspace.com/kentuckymarijuanamarch . Meet up at Dolly McNutt Plaza 6th & Washington St--the Veterans Memorial 11:00 a.m. March HIGH NOON
- U.S. Marijuana Party of Kentucky - Global Marijuana March Paducah Kentucky this Saturday May 8th!!!
- http://www.myspace.com/kentuckymarijuanamarch/filter/bulletins - Info below copied from this link.
In 2000 Paducah hosted the first Million Marijuana March in the state. We continued until now to raise awareness to the vast numbers of citizens suffering as a result of cannabis prohibition.
Participating as part of the Cures-Not-Wars wordwide march organized to raise awareness, we will again on May 8, 2010 proudly host the Kentucky Marijuana March in Paducah.
We have had many musicians , speakers and vendors generously offer to donate time and talent to our march this year. We have had to regretfully decline all kind offers because of an issue with event insurance. It's $750 and we cannot afford it. Fund raising has been tough this year with the economy in it's current sad state.
We'd like to say thank you, though...and we will be at Dolly McNutt Plaza for the 10th year. There will be like minded people, but no entertainment, except what we make ourselves. WE WILL WELCOME ACOUSIC GUITAR PICKERS, SINGERS, POETS, DRUMS, ETC. We can still have fun!
Being across the street from the police station puts many people off. We understand. But, they have never bothered us. Not once. I respect that...cuz we're not doing anything wrong and they shouldn't bother us. The cops know the truth...cannabis doesn't cause near the troubles as real drugs and alcohol.
On a personal note from me, I'd like to remind you closet smokers that we are fighting for YOUR rights, too. But, at some point, you have to stand up for your own. We need numbers, people willing to work for the change that we all desire and demand. And we need voters. So, if you're thinking it's gonna be a pot party, well...you'll be disappointed. Maybe next year! Peace, Cher
Rally 11:00am til 2:00pm
Guest Speakers include:
ROLAND A. DUBY
The Real Fat Freddy
REV. MARY SPEARS
More info follows:
Dolly McNutt Park Directions:
This link will take you where you can get turn by turn directions, Just click on Dolly McNutt Park on left side of page.
We hope that you will come join us!
Who I'd like to meet:
Anyone who is concerned with liberties lost as a result of cannabis prohibition. All who stand and fight for God's most sacred plant, those that choose to use or not (aka FREEDOM), who respect life and choice. Everyone that has been looking for ways to create the changes in our drug laws that need to happen. Anyone who has been arrested on cannabis charges or had your life profoundly affected because of it...good or bad. If you are a patient who depends on this miracle plant for your quality of life. Come share your experiences or learn from others.
If ya live in Kentucky...great. If not...you're still welcome here! ;)---~
Paducah: Paula Willett pioneerpaula(at)mchsi.com 270 703 0559 270 703 5283 . Meet up at Dolly McNutt Plaza 6th & Washington St--the Veterans Memorial 11:00 a.m. March HIGH NOON
Paducah: Paula Willett pioneerpaula(at)mchsi.com 270 703 0559 270 703 5283 P.O.Box 92, Calvert City, KY 42029 Meet up at Dolly McNutt Plaza 6th & Washington St--the Veterans Memorial 11:00 a.m. March HIGH NOON
2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 Edit
May 6, 2017, Saturday, or thereabouts. And April 20 (4/20), or thereabouts. Rallies and marches overall change public opinion for the better! See: Cannabis polls.
- 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. - Worldwide.
- USA. 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 city list. - USA.
- 420 event lists. - Worldwide.
|US states that have legalized|
as of November 2016 election.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Presidents can not reschedule it Edit
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
The president alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
Drug-war mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money.|
Green love Edit
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|
End drug war with Universal Healthcare Edit
- See article: End drug war with universal healthcare.
No deductibles on basic Canadian health care and co-pays are extremely low or non-existent. Portugal has universal healthcare. Like Canada. Like nearly all of the EU (European Union). See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Health in Portugal and Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal.
- Portugal decriminalised drugs 14 years ago – and now hardly anyone dies from overdosing. 2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article:
"The country has 3 overdose deaths per million citizens, compared to the EU average of 17.3."