|See 2014, 2015 Global Cannabis March, and 420 city lists.|
- Jesse Ventura's State of the Union. . Income inequality, cannabis legalization, drug war.
- Oxfam report says half of global wealth held by the 1%. US Republicans block full legalization since Cannabis props up Drug War; the key to Mass Incarceration and mass control.
- Grandpa Doing Life Without Parole—for Pot. . Nazi Republican prosecutor.
- USA. Global Marijuana March (May 2) and 420 events (around April 20). By city.
|More cannabis-related links, city lists, and graphics.|
Social media, Facebook Edit
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|See 2013, 2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March.|
- Quebec (province). Cannabis-related links.
- montrealmarijuana.com - Official site and poster / Site officiel + affiche. Montreal Marijuana March category.
- Galerie d'images | Bloc Pot | Légalisation du cannabis.
- Le Centre Compassion de Montréal.
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Montreal.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Montreal.
- Wikitravel: Montreal.
- WeBeHigh.org: Cities by region and nation. By U.S. state. Or search.
- WeBeHigh.org -
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 845 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|See 2013, 2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March.|
Right-click any region for its city list.
- Facebook Contact: Fondation Marijuana
- Facebook Event: Montreal Marijuana March / Marche Mondiale pour la Marijuana
- Facebook: Global Marijuana march //Marche Mondiale pour la Marijuana.
- Global Marijuana march 2011 // Marche mondiale pour la Marijuana.
- Rue Frontenac - Marcher pour la mari.
- Métro Montréal - Les Montréalais pro-marijuana.
Montreal: Boris St. Maurice Boris(at)mapinc.org or Chantal Arroyo 514.842.4900 http://www.norml.ca 68 Rachel St. East, Montréal, Qc, H2W 1C6. May 8th.
- Marijuana March 2010 Saturday, May 8 | Marche pour la marijuana 2010 samedi, le 8 mai:
- Facebook event/événement
- Shantal Arroyo's Photos - Marijuana March 2010.
- Photos from Marche mondiale pour la Marijuana, Marijuana Global March. Several years.
- Nuage de pot sur le centre-ville. By Jean-François Villeneuve.
Montreal: Boris St. Maurice Boris(at)mapinc.org or Chantal Arroyo 514.842.4900 or Adam Greenblatt (514)830-1331 http://www.norml.ca 68 Rachel St. East, Montréal, Qc, H2W 1C6. Over 1000 people in 2008, 5 bands, speakers etc...
- Preview: http://www.blocpot.qc.ca/node/731
- Preview: Montreal Marijuana Global March Saturday May 9th, 2009.
- Email update: Montreal will be hosting the marijuana march on the 9th because our leftist union members and other workers have their march on the 2nd this year. Otherwise we have to compete with their march (over 20,000 people) and we pale in comparison.
Montreal: Boris St. Maurice Boris(at)mapinc.org 514.842.4900 or Elena Lukawiecki (514)561-4112 or Adam Greenblatt (514)830-1331 http://www.norml.ca .. 1PM, location TBA.
GMM, May 3:
- Global Marijuana March - Rave.ca
- Le cannabis est légal, marchons ensemble pour le prouver - CannaWeed.
- La marche pour la marijuana aura lieu le samedi 3 mai 2008 | Bloc Pot | Légalisation du cannabis.
- Le 3 mai - Plusieurs artistes à la marche mondiale pour la marijuana | Nouvelles | Musique | Canoë.
- Marche pour la légalisation de la Marijuana on Myspace.
- Marche 2008 - Une fervente admiratrice de la feuille sacrée | Bloc Pot | Légalisation du cannabis.
Centre Compassion de Montreal (English version). 2008. Youtube link.
Cost of drug warEdit
- See longer article: Cost of U.S. drug war. See also: Drug war charts and maps. See cannabis arrests. See Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate.
- Yes, We DO Give Life Sentences For Marijuana in the USA. By Cheri Sicard. June 16, 2014. See Life for Pot site. Newt Gingrich wanted executions. Long mandatory minimum sentences are one factor in making the drug war so costly.
- War on drugs a trillion-dollar failure - CNN.com. By Richard Branson, Special to CNN, December 7, 2012.
|Cost of U.S. drug war. Even $1.5 trillion dollars is conservative since many crimes are committed in order to get money for drugs. Correction costs alone averaged $30,600 per inmate in 2007. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Economics - Drug War Facts. See: 32 Reasons Why We Need To End The War On Drugs - Business Insider. See: The Budgetary Impact of Ending Drug Prohibition.|
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. See cost of U.S. drug war: 1.5 trillion dollars! Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|Appendix Table 1. Total justice expenditures,|
fiscal year 1982–2007. USA.
|Nominal dollars (not adjusted for inflation), and real dollars (inflation adjusted to 2007 constant dollars).|
$228 billion in 2007. Police, corrections, courts.
|Justice Expenditures and Employment, FY 1982-2007 - Statistical Tables. NCJ 236218. By Tracey Kyckelhahn, Ph.D., BJS Statistician. December 2011. U.S. Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS). See chart.|
- 2010 state prison costs: The Price of Prisons: What Incarceration Costs Taxpayers. By the Vera Institute of Justice. "Total taxpayer cost per inmate. Among the 40 states surveyed, representing more than 1.2 million inmates (of 1.4 million total people incarcerated in all 50 state prison systems), the total per-inmate cost averaged $31,286 and ranged from $14,603 in Kentucky to $60,076 in New York (see Figure 4)."
|"We are the party of lower taxes for the American people". - John Boehner, Republican Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives. December 21, 2011. Share link.|
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
|Cannabis is safer!|
|See full article: Cannabis is safer.
Quotes in the image to the left (and in the text below) are from the U.S. government's landmark 1999 Institute of Medicine (IOM) report, Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base. The full text of the report is available for free online at the above link, and is searchable. The table of contents by chapter is on the sidebar. The report is also available as a free PDF download. Quotes below are followed by their references. Emphasis added.
Page 109: "Indeed, epidemiological data indicate that in the general population marijuana use is not associated with increased mortality. 138"
Page 107: "When heavy marijuana use accompanies these symptoms [amotivation], the drug is often cited as the cause, but no convincing data demonstrate a causal relationship between marijuana smoking and these behavior characteristics. 23"
Page 119: "There is no conclusive evidence that marijuana causes cancer in humans, including cancers usually related to tobacco use."
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President.