|See 2014 Global Cannabis March, and 420 city lists.|
- Religious tyranny: Saudi Arabia beheads 4 for pot.. Religious Right: Supported Life for Pot. . Newt Gingrich wanted executions.
- Dumb and dumber 2. George and Jeb Bush. Jeb Bush opposes Florida medical marijuana initiative..
- 2 Incarceration Nations (USA and Russia) itching for war. Maps. . Costs. . News.
- Oregon Sheriff’s Association campaigns against ballot initiative. . Vote Yes on 91..
- Crazy Florida Republicans : Medical Marijuana Cookies Could Lead To Date Rape..
- U.S. Republicans and Religious Right desperately trying to rewrite history of their costly support for drug war, Iraq War WMD lies, militant Christian Zionism, Israeli settlers stealing land , Israeli apartheid , renewal of centuries-old Sunni-Shiite civil wars, and rampant death squads on both sides. .
- Congressional Republicans Rail Against Legalization Of Marijuana.
- Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions . Worldwide peace movement against more wars:
- Latin America comes out in force against Israel . By AFP. A Plea for Peace. By Javier Bardem. .
- U.S.: 80 Organizations Come Together To Protect the Kids and End the Drug War. .
- US war costs: Drug war, Iraq war, Afghanistan war, and Gaza wars .
- Lobbyists: Private prisons, guards, military industries, Russian nationalists, Israel lobby.
|More cannabis-related links, city lists, and graphics.|
Social media, Facebook Edit
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
- Quebec (province). Cannabis-related links.
- montrealmarijuana.com - Official site and poster / Site officiel + affiche. Montreal Marijuana March category.
- Galerie d'images | Bloc Pot | Légalisation du cannabis.
- Le Centre Compassion de Montréal.
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Montreal.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Montreal.
- Wikitravel: Montreal.
- WeBeHigh.org: Cities by region and nation. By U.S. state. Or search.
- WeBeHigh.org -
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 845 different cities have signed up from 75 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
Right-click any region for its city list.
- Facebook Contact: Fondation Marijuana
- Facebook Event: Montreal Marijuana March / Marche Mondiale pour la Marijuana
- Facebook: Global Marijuana march //Marche Mondiale pour la Marijuana.
- Global Marijuana march 2011 // Marche mondiale pour la Marijuana.
- Rue Frontenac - Marcher pour la mari.
- Métro Montréal - Les Montréalais pro-marijuana.
Montreal: Boris St. Maurice Boris(at)mapinc.org or Chantal Arroyo 514.842.4900 http://www.norml.ca 68 Rachel St. East, Montréal, Qc, H2W 1C6. May 8th.
- Marijuana March 2010 Saturday, May 8 | Marche pour la marijuana 2010 samedi, le 8 mai:
- Facebook event/événement
- Shantal Arroyo's Photos - Marijuana March 2010.
- Photos from Marche mondiale pour la Marijuana, Marijuana Global March. Several years.
- Nuage de pot sur le centre-ville. By Jean-François Villeneuve.
Montreal: Boris St. Maurice Boris(at)mapinc.org or Chantal Arroyo 514.842.4900 or Adam Greenblatt (514)830-1331 http://www.norml.ca 68 Rachel St. East, Montréal, Qc, H2W 1C6. Over 1000 people in 2008, 5 bands, speakers etc...
- Preview: http://www.blocpot.qc.ca/node/731
- Preview: Montreal Marijuana Global March Saturday May 9th, 2009.
- Email update: Montreal will be hosting the marijuana march on the 9th because our leftist union members and other workers have their march on the 2nd this year. Otherwise we have to compete with their march (over 20,000 people) and we pale in comparison.
Montreal: Boris St. Maurice Boris(at)mapinc.org 514.842.4900 or Elena Lukawiecki (514)561-4112 or Adam Greenblatt (514)830-1331 http://www.norml.ca .. 1PM, location TBA.
GMM, May 3:
- Global Marijuana March - Rave.ca
- Le cannabis est légal, marchons ensemble pour le prouver - CannaWeed.
- La marche pour la marijuana aura lieu le samedi 3 mai 2008 | Bloc Pot | Légalisation du cannabis.
- Le 3 mai - Plusieurs artistes à la marche mondiale pour la marijuana | Nouvelles | Musique | Canoë.
- Marche pour la légalisation de la Marijuana on Myspace.
- Marche 2008 - Une fervente admiratrice de la feuille sacrée | Bloc Pot | Légalisation du cannabis.
Centre Compassion de Montreal (English version). 2008. Youtube link.
|More info, tips, links, and |
media of all kinds.
Note: Update any section of this page. Feel free to add sections for years, events, legal initiatives, history, people, organizations, gatherings, and so on. Add links and info of all kinds. Some sources: Category:Cannabis-related events, GMM yearly city lists, GMM links, wikipedia:Category:Cannabis activism, cannabis culture, etc.. Also, search the web (add city to search) for cannabis activism, groups, 420 events, harvest festival events, ballot initiatives, court cases, etc.. Add links for reports, articles, photos, graphics (posters, banners, flyers), videos, press, media coverage, etc.. Upload photos and graphics. You can help: Category:Work in progress. See also: Video help and search links.
Incarceration rates Edit
|See list of incarceration rates by country (b c). Compare the rates. Due to the Drug War the USA has the highest incarceration rate in the world. See cost of U.S. drug war: 1.5 trillion dollars! Let's Break the Taboo! Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
The purple elephant in the room:
Cost of drug warEdit
|Cost of U.S. drug war. Even $1.5 trillion dollars is conservative since many crimes are committed in order to get money for drugs. Correction costs alone averaged $30,600 per inmate in 2007. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Economics - Drug War Facts. See: 32 Reasons Why We Need To End The War On Drugs - Business Insider. See: The Budgetary Impact of Ending Drug Prohibition.|
Breaking the Taboo Edit
- Share link: taboo
Home Page (BreakingTheTaboo.info). More info . See TabooBreakers on Twitter. See Global Commission on Drug Policy and Facebook page. Quotes from video clips on the trailer: President Richard Nixon: "total war against public enemy number one". President Ronald Wilson Reagan: "When we say no to drugs it will be clear that we mean absolutely none". President George H.W. Bush: "Some think there won't be room for them in jail. We'll make room". Morgan Freeman: "Since 1971 2.5 trillion dollars have been spent on the War on Drugs". Look who's breaking the taboo: Richard Branson, Kate Winslet, Sam Branson, Morgan Freeman, and many more. See also: MarijuanaMajority.com. Share link. Full version in English is no longer available online. Hey Richard Branson, George Soros, or whoever, please buy it and put it back online!
Quentin Tarantino Edit
| Quentin Tarantino. Video:|
War on Drugs is Like Slavery.