- Share link: www.cannabis.wikia.com - see also: home page archive. Cannabis is safer. See current events and news. See elections. See charts. Recommended addon: FlashStopper. See User:Timeshifter (sections on Flash and video tools). If blurry text, see Windows ClearType Tuner.
'America Is Full Of Hypocrites': Marijuana Lifer John Knock Speaks Out. And: Medical marijuana given green light in South Africa: report. And: First Marijuana Testing for Vets with PTSD Underway in Phoenix; Volunteers Wanted. And: Hemp Industries Association Sues DEA Over Illegal Attempt to Regulate Hemp Foods as Schedule I Drugs. And: Will Trump Crush the Modest Progress in Fighting Mass Incarceration? Momentum at state level. .
|Bernie Sanders wins CNN healthcare debate with Ted Cruz. Canada passes US in middle-class wealth. Median after-tax middle-class income in Canada is higher. Why? Canadians pay so much less for far better healthcare.|
Canada. Human rights board orders insurer to pay medical marijuana costs in precedent-setting case . Washington Post article: Repealing the Affordable Care Act will kill more than 43,000 people annually, and 30 million will lose their healthcare coverage. Physicians for a National Health Program. Will 2018 midterm elections remove Republicans? And: Marijuana and gender equity: Cannabis industry is a magnet for women executives
|Drug wars, mass incarceration, and ground wars of patriarchal Republican Christian fundamentalism, Islamic jihadi fundamentalism, Jewish settler fundamentalism, Iranian nuclear fundamentalism, and North Korean communist fundamentalism. More incompetent Republican "Axis of Evil" wars of control and distraction? As the rich get richer and the poor get poorer? Trump World: Just 8 men own same wealth as half the world.|
And: Marijuana, made in Italy: Inside the military police cannabis lab. And: Israel moves to decriminalize marijuana use . And: Germany expands medical cannabis legalization. Insurance will pay for it. . And: People in the US and Canada spent over $53 billion on marijuana in 2016. And: Mass incarceration doesn't do much to fight crime. But it costs an absurd $182 billion a year. And: Imagine That! Police Solve Far More Murders After they Stop Arresting Cannabis Users.
. And: And: DEA Slapped in Face: American Epilepsy Society Accepts Marijuana Extract Obliterates Seizures in Epileptic Children. And: Big Pharma Shaking in Their Boots as 80% of Cannabis Users Give Up Prescription Pills for Pot. And: A Trump Fan Cheering Obamacare Repeal Just Found Out He’s On Obamacare. Hilarity Ensues. And: New UN chief António Guterres was Prime Minister of Portugal when it decriminalized drugs . And: Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin (Democrat) Pardons 192 for Marijuana Convictions. And: New Study: Cigarettes Tied To Increased Stroke Risk But Not Marijuana. And: 15 charts that show how Obamacare works now — and how Republicans would overhaul it.
|Top 10% of earners receive 50% of all income.|
|Search of Saturday Night Live's Youtube channel for Alec Baldwin's Trump skits.|
The US federal minimum wage hit its peak purchasing power nearly 50 years ago. And: Canada has universal health care, and a higher minimum wage than the US. And: On average, states with medical marijuana laws see dips in fatal car crashes.And:
Republican governor Kasich quietly bans Cleveland voters from raising minimum wage in their city. And: Working full time at state minimum wage is not enough for a one-bedroom apartment in any state. Click states. And: Bernie Sanders: Americans pay highest prices for pharmaceutical drugs in the world. And: Branford, Connecticut. America’s oldest hospice to study medical marijuana.And:
He already violated health care promises by appointing Tom Price.
The Student Debt Crisis Is Driving Elderly People Into Poverty. And: Feds refuse to stop taxing the canceled student debt of severely disabled people.
Worthy groups millionaires and others can donate to
- AmazonSmile. Amazon gives a percentage of your purchase cost to the organizations you choose. Such as MPP, NORML, Physicians For A National Health Program, and so on. All you have to do is use smile.amazon.com when ordering. It costs you nothing, and prices are the same to you. You choose who to donate to.
- Marijuana Policy Project (MPP).
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. Someone needs to donate a lot of money on the condition that the database becomes freely available to anyone without a paid subscription.
Washington state after legalization
- I Thought Legalizing Pot Would Be a Disaster. But It Turned Out To Be Wonderful. By Bruce Barcott. April 9, 2015. Time magazine.
Republicans block majority public opinion
2015 Global Marijuana March and 4/20 events
|2015 was the 100th year of U.S. federal narcotic law enforcement. That enforcement began in 1915, within a year of passage of the Harrison Narcotics Tax Act in 2014.|
Germany's kinder and safer prisons
- German Prisons Are Kinder, Gentler, and Safer Than the Ones in America. July 10, 2015 by Maurice Chammah. Vice magazine. From the article:
"Inmates live in rooms and sleep in beds, not on concrete or steel slabs with thin padding. They have privacy—correctional officers knock before entering. Prisoners wear their own clothes, and can decorate their space as they wish. They cook their own meals, are paid more for their work, and have opportunities to visit family, learn skills, and gain education. ... There is little to no violence—including in communal kitchens where there are knives and other potentially dangerous implements. And the maximum time inmates spend in any kind of punitive solitary is eight hours. ... In Germany, prosecutors and judges are not elected. As career civil servants, they are insulated from public opinion."
Finland's open prisons
Listen to the audio too.
- In Finland's 'open prisons,' inmates have the keys. April 15, 2015. Reporter Rae Ellen Bichell. Public Radio International. From the article (emphasis added):
"By the end of this period of 'decarceration,' Finland had one of the lowest rates of imprisonment on the continent. Lappi-Seppälä says crime didn’t increase as a result. 'The lesson from Finland was that it was perfectly possible to drop the use of imprisonment [by two-thirds,]' he says, 'and that did not disturb the crime trend development in Finland.' What did work was a gradual reintroduction into normal life, the kind that the open prisons offer. About a third of Finnish inmates are housed in open prison, and Finland’s Criminal Sanctions Agency says inmates who go through open prisons are less likely to be arrested again. The reoffending rate drops almost 20 percent. Open prisons also cost less."
Elections and lobbyists
Life for pot
- Life in prison for selling marijuana: Meet the people new pot laws forgot. MSNBC. 8 Sep 2015. . "At least 67 people are in prison right now, sentenced to die there for selling marijuana". And: LifeForPot.com. And: POW420.com also lists some cannabis lifers. Facebook: Life for Pot. And: Life In Prison For Pot And Other Travesties Of Marijuana Prohibition. 4 Sept. 2014. Forbes.
- Jeff Mizanskey, life without parole: Missouri man freed after spending two decades in prison for marijuana charge. 1 Sep 2015. Guardian. . And: Grandpa Doing Life Without Parole. . Nazi Republican prosecutor.
- Saudi Arabia beheads 4 for pot.. Religious Right: Supported Life for Pot. . Republican Speaker of the United States House of Representatives Newt Gingrich wanted executions.
- Life for Pot Prisoner Larry Duke Released! .
Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana
- How to reschedule marijuana, and why it's unlikely anytime soon. By John Hudak and Grace Wallack. February 13, 2015. Brookings Institution. From the article:
In July of 2011, the DEA formally denied this petition, repeating that marijuana has no accepted medical use and would therefore remain in schedule I. In 2013, the U.S. Court of Appeals for DC upheld that determination.
2014 Global Marijuana March and 4/20 events
- 420 city lists.
- 2014 Global Marijuana March and 420 map.
- 2014 GMM posters, flyers, and banners.
- 2014 GMM crowd photos.
- Featured crowd photos over the years.
2013 Global Marijuana March and 4/20
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2017, 2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos.|
Shoulda Robbed a Bank
Drug Sentences Driving Federal Prison Population Growth, Government Report Finds. By Phillip Smith, Sept. 13, 2012. StoptheDrugWar.org - A comment:
|What I saw during my 5 years in Federal Prison. by UndertheRadar (not verified), September 20, 2012, 12:33pm. I stayed 5 years in Federal Prison for a marijuana offense. While I was there, I watched armed bank robbers come and go in as little as 17 months. One lad was in for armed Post Office robbery with a sawed off shotgun...his stay, 20 months. When I went to the parole board after 3 years 'behind the wall,' I pointed this out to the panel members. Their response, "You must understand that yours was a very serious offense." I laughed about that for 2 more years (as I still sat in prison), then wrote my book: Shoulda Robbed a Bank. When I was in, the entire Federal Prison population was just over 28,000. Drug offenders made up 53% of that number. I see today that population has risen to over 218,000. Prison is big business. It used to be called 'slavery.' Please read Shoulda Robbed a Bank. I need the money... It's available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords.|
Timeline of cannabis
Map of incarceration rates worldwide
Nation of guards, prisoners, and Drug War POWs
|Federal mandatory minimum sentencing charts.|
First mandatory minimums chart below is from an older FAMM report, "Correcting Course: Lessons from the 1970s Repeal of Mandatory Minimum Sentences". FAMM is Families Against Mandatory Minimums. . See Wikipedia: Mandatory minimums. The Fair Sentencing Act of 2010 increased the amounts of crack cocaine required to trigger 5 and 10 year sentences. . See revised charts since then. Share link to this page.
For charts of all federal mandatory minimums (not just for drug offenses), go here.
Later chart with revisions, such as the amount of crack cocaine required for various sentences:
- Crazy Country: 6 Reasons America Spends More on Prisons Than On Higher Education. By Les Leopold on August 27, 2012. AlterNet.
- The Role of the Prison Guards Union in California’s Troubled Prison System. By Tim Kowal on June 5, 2011. See yearly compensation of California's prison guards over time in the chart below on the left.
Mexico-USA. Caravan for Peace 2012. Aug 12 to Sept 12
- www.CaravanForPeace.org - share this link on Facebook, etc..
- "caravan for peace" - Google search.
- Javier Sicilia: Caravan to Highlight Failed Drug War and Victims on Both Sides of the Border. August 9, 2012. Huffington Post. Article by Javier Sicilia, Mexican poet, and leader of the Movement for Peace with Justice and Dignity.
Never-ending war, PTSD, veterans, medical marijuana
See main article: Posttraumatic stress and cannabis.
PTSD proposed for Oregon medical marijuana list. August 26, 2012. San Francisco Chronicle.
- 45% Of Iraq/Afghanistan War Veterans Seeking Disability. May 28, 2012. Associated Press (AP). By Marilynn Marchione, AP Chief Medical Writer. From the article: "The average wait to get a new one processed grows longer each month and is now about eight months. ... Harvard economist Linda Bilmes. She estimates the health care and disability costs of the recent wars at $600 billion to $900 billion."
- The Three Trillion Dollar War - Wikipedia article about the book.
David Duchovny on cannabis legalization
Cannabis is more interesting than alcohol
Click the images to enlarge them, and for more info.
Listen: PsySrek Mix - Million Marijuana March 2010 ;-') by Legalize Cannabis. "This mix have been played at the 'Million Marijuana March', world manifestation to legalize cannabis, in Paris (place de la Bastille - 08/05/2010)." (May 8, 2010). See PsySrek banner. More download sources: with playlist .
- Paris, May 12, 2012 Global Marijuana March photos: Marche Mondial Du Cannabis (12 Mai 2012). Video: Marche mondiale du cannabis: le changement, c'est maintenant? - Les Inrocks.
- Egypt. Cannabis-related links.
- Egypt’s Uprising has Link to Marijuana Prohibition | The NORML Stash Blog. By Cannabis Karri on February 8, 2011. See also:
- Wikipedia: Death of Khaled Mohamed Saeed.
- CairoScene: Egypt to Legalise Hash? And: Viral Music: Girls Smoke Hash Too. And: Cairo hash dealer.
2012 Global Marijuana March in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Pat Robertson advocates making marijuana legal
Wikipedia: Pat Robertson. "Pot" Robertson. :)
- Pat Robertson Says Marijuana Should Be Legal. By Steve Elliott. March 8, 2012. Toke of the Town.
- U.S. News - Pat Robertson is for legalizing marijuana: What would Jesus do? March 9, 2012. By James Eng, msnbc.com
- Zakaria: Incarceration nation – Global Public Square - CNN.com Blogs. By Fareed Zakaria, CNN. March 30, 2012.
Baked? Music videos, internet radio, and more
Embedded music videos
|Music and videos. An admin's picks.|
|This has been moved here.|
|Some editors may prefer source-mode editing (wikitext editing, or Wikipedia-style source editing). Some browsers work better with it, too. To get to the source editor click any edit button. Then click the source tab at the top right of the editing window. You can disable the visual editor altogether in Special:Preferences (on the editing tab) if you are logged in.|