- Share link: www.cannabis.wikia.com - see also: home page archive. Cannabis is safer. See current events and news. See elections. See charts. Recommended addon: FlashStopper. See User:Timeshifter (sections on Flash and video tools). If blurry text, see Windows ClearType Tuner.
Trumpcare 3 Would Leave 23 Million More Uninsured, Budget Office Says. . And: Vermont's Republican Governor Scott Vetoes Marijuana Legalization bill of Democrat legislature. And: Democrats pick up two GOP-held legislative seats, the first flips of the Trump era. And: Trump Called Rodrigo Duterte to Congratulate Him on His Murderous Drug War: “You Are Doing an Amazing Job”. . And: California. Single-Payer Would Cost A Third of Current Health Care Costs Per Family. And: And: American Legion to Trump: Allow marijuana research for vets. . And: Marijuana convictions go up in smoke with California legalization. And:
'The Drug Whisperer': Drivers arrested while stone cold sober by dumbass Georgia cops. And: Willie Nelson to Jeff Sessions: Smoke Some Pot. And: Cannabis may help wean people off crack, study finds. And: Trump thinks health insurance costs $15 a month. And: Doctors hate Trumpcare. And: Prison healthcare, deaths. And: At heated North Dakota town hall watch a man stuff money into shirt Of GOP Congressman Who Voted To Repeal Obamacare. . And: Jeff Sessions Rolls Back Obama-Era Drug Sentencing Reforms. Harsher punishments for low-level drug crimes. .
Poll: Bernie Sanders is most popular U.S. politician . And: Bernie Sanders And Democrats Introduce A New $15 Minimum Wage Bill. And: And: Patrick Stewart Reveals He Uses Marijuana Daily To Help With Arthritis Symptoms. And: Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard Calls For Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition.
I had a health crisis in France. I’m here to tell you that ‘socialized medicine’ is terrific. . And: Medical marijuana could save Medicaid $1 billion in prescription drug costs. . And: West Virginia becomes 29th state to legalize medical marijuana. . And: Republican Governor, Terry Branstad, rolls back local minimum wage increases in Iowa.
. Among current users: 14% Republican, 43% Democrats, 42% independents. And: . And: Smoke pot in Oregon? Your name now protected from feds. And: And: She also vetoed the 911 Good Samaritan Overdose Prevention Bill. And: Idaho's Republican governor vetoes a broadly-supported asset forfeiture reform bill.
For The First Time Ever, The Federal Government Is Referring To Marijuana As Medicine. And: Bernie Sanders: Americans pay highest prices for pharmaceutical drugs in the world. And: Canada has universal health care, and higher minimum wage than USA.And:
The disease killing white Americans goes way deeper than opioids. . And: Trump's Health Care Plan Could Exacerbate Opioid Epidemic, But Medical Marijuana Could Help. . And: Former premiers and Australian police chiefs call for drug decriminalisation. . And: NPR: Former Drug Czar Says GOP Health Bill Would Cut Access To Addiction Treatment.
17,000 more people annually could die in 2018 if Trumpcare becomes law. 14 million more people uninsured in 2018. 24 million in 2026. 29,000 more dead annually in 2026. And: and See chart below. USA versus top ten healthiest nations. . List of countries with universal health care.
Quinnipiac poll: 71% oppose enforcing federal marijuana laws in states where the drug is legal. And: Canada. Human rights board orders insurer to pay medical marijuana costs in precedent-setting case .
|Bernie Sanders wins CNN healthcare debate with Ted Cruz.|
Canada passes US in middle-class wealth. Median after-tax middle-class income in Canada is higher. . One reason why: Canadians pay so much less for far better healthcare.And:
|. And: How?: And: , and And: Prescriptions are free in Scotland, Wales, N. Ireland. Vs. USA. . And: And:|
Repealing the Affordable Care Act will kill more than 43,000 people annually, and 30 million will lose their healthcare coverage. Physicians for a National Health Program. And: A Trump Fan Cheering Obamacare Repeal Just Found Out He’s On Obamacare. Hilarity Ensues. And: 15 charts that show how Obamacare works now — and how Republicans would overhaul it.
|Cult of Personality. (2).|
by Living Colour. Music video.
Youtube link. See lyrics.
|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech 1: "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."|
Worthy groups millionaires and others can donate to
- For more possible donations see here (see table of contents there for worthy causes).
PayPal is a simple and safe way to donate. Organizations would be wise to make it possible to donate by PayPal, because many people are uneasy about revealing their debit and credit card numbers, etc.. And they don't want to have to register and fill out forms first. Just enter the dollar amount and click the pay button. Anything else drives busy people with money away. Also, PayPal only reveals one's name and email address when donating. Donors don't feel like they are being data-mined. It would also be wise to tell donors that their name, email address, and other personal info will not be revealed, or passed on, to others without their permission.
- AmazonSmile. Amazon gives a percentage of your purchase cost to the organizations you choose. Such as MPP, NORML, Physicians For A National Health Program, and so on. All you have to do is use smile.amazon.com when ordering. It costs you nothing, and prices are the same to you. You choose who to donate to.
- Marijuana Policy Project (MPP).
- Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. Someone needs to donate a lot of money on the condition that the database becomes freely available to anyone without a paid subscription.
- Our World In Data. See the support page. Charts are licensed under CC BY-SA, and can be used freely anywhere including Wikipedia.
- StoptheDrugWar.org (also known as DRCNet). Please donate to support its excellent free weekly roundup of the news, Drug War Chronicle. Subscribe here for free email version (long or short versions). Its home page has daily news roundups. See its site search, and search for city, state, province, or nation.
Washington state after legalization
- I Thought Legalizing Pot Would Be a Disaster. But It Turned Out To Be Wonderful. By Bruce Barcott. April 9, 2015. Time magazine.
Republicans block majority public opinion
2015 Global Marijuana March and 4/20 events
|2015 was the 100th year of U.S. federal narcotic law enforcement. That enforcement began in 1915, within a year of passage of the Harrison Narcotics Tax Act in 2014.|
Germany's kinder and safer prisons
- German Prisons Are Kinder, Gentler, and Safer Than the Ones in America. July 10, 2015 by Maurice Chammah. Vice magazine. From the article:
"Inmates live in rooms and sleep in beds, not on concrete or steel slabs with thin padding. They have privacy—correctional officers knock before entering. Prisoners wear their own clothes, and can decorate their space as they wish. They cook their own meals, are paid more for their work, and have opportunities to visit family, learn skills, and gain education. ... There is little to no violence—including in communal kitchens where there are knives and other potentially dangerous implements. And the maximum time inmates spend in any kind of punitive solitary is eight hours. ... In Germany, prosecutors and judges are not elected. As career civil servants, they are insulated from public opinion."
Finland's open prisons
Listen to the audio too.
- In Finland's 'open prisons,' inmates have the keys. April 15, 2015. Reporter Rae Ellen Bichell. Public Radio International. From the article (emphasis added):
"By the end of this period of 'decarceration,' Finland had one of the lowest rates of imprisonment on the continent. Lappi-Seppälä says crime didn’t increase as a result. 'The lesson from Finland was that it was perfectly possible to drop the use of imprisonment [by two-thirds,]' he says, 'and that did not disturb the crime trend development in Finland.' What did work was a gradual reintroduction into normal life, the kind that the open prisons offer. About a third of Finnish inmates are housed in open prison, and Finland’s Criminal Sanctions Agency says inmates who go through open prisons are less likely to be arrested again. The reoffending rate drops almost 20 percent. Open prisons also cost less."
Elections and lobbyists
Life for pot
- Life in prison for selling marijuana: Meet the people new pot laws forgot. MSNBC. 8 Sep 2015. . "At least 67 people are in prison right now, sentenced to die there for selling marijuana". And: LifeForPot.com. And: POW420.com also lists some cannabis lifers. Facebook: Life for Pot. And: Life In Prison For Pot And Other Travesties Of Marijuana Prohibition. 4 Sept. 2014. Forbes.
- Jeff Mizanskey, life without parole: Missouri man freed after spending two decades in prison for marijuana charge. 1 Sep 2015. Guardian. . And: Grandpa Doing Life Without Parole. . Nazi Republican prosecutor.
- Saudi Arabia beheads 4 for pot.. Religious Right: Supported Life for Pot. . Republican Speaker of the United States House of Representatives Newt Gingrich wanted executions.
- Life for Pot Prisoner Larry Duke Released! .
2014 Global Marijuana March and 4/20 events
- 420 city lists.
- 2014 Global Marijuana March and 420 map.
- 2014 GMM posters, flyers, and banners.
- 2014 GMM crowd photos.
- Featured crowd photos over the years.
2013 Global Marijuana March and 4/20
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2017, 2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos.|
Shoulda Robbed a Bank
Drug Sentences Driving Federal Prison Population Growth, Government Report Finds. By Phillip Smith, Sept. 13, 2012. StoptheDrugWar.org - A comment:
|What I saw during my 5 years in Federal Prison. by UndertheRadar (not verified), September 20, 2012, 12:33pm. I stayed 5 years in Federal Prison for a marijuana offense. While I was there, I watched armed bank robbers come and go in as little as 17 months. One lad was in for armed Post Office robbery with a sawed off shotgun...his stay, 20 months. When I went to the parole board after 3 years 'behind the wall,' I pointed this out to the panel members. Their response, "You must understand that yours was a very serious offense." I laughed about that for 2 more years (as I still sat in prison), then wrote my book: Shoulda Robbed a Bank. When I was in, the entire Federal Prison population was just over 28,000. Drug offenders made up 53% of that number. I see today that population has risen to over 218,000. Prison is big business. It used to be called 'slavery.' Please read Shoulda Robbed a Bank. I need the money... It's available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords.|
Timeline of cannabis
Map of incarceration rates worldwide
Nation of guards, prisoners, and Drug War POWs
|Federal mandatory minimum sentencing charts.|
First mandatory minimums chart below is from an older FAMM report, "Correcting Course: Lessons from the 1970s Repeal of Mandatory Minimum Sentences". FAMM is Families Against Mandatory Minimums. . See Wikipedia: Mandatory minimums. The Fair Sentencing Act of 2010 increased the amounts of crack cocaine required to trigger 5 and 10 year sentences. . See revised charts since then. Share link to this page.
For charts of all federal mandatory minimums (not just for drug offenses), go here.
Later chart with revisions, such as the amount of crack cocaine required for various sentences:
- Crazy Country: 6 Reasons America Spends More on Prisons Than On Higher Education. By Les Leopold on August 27, 2012. AlterNet.
- The Role of the Prison Guards Union in California’s Troubled Prison System. By Tim Kowal on June 5, 2011. See yearly compensation of California's prison guards over time in the chart below on the left.
Mexico-USA. Caravan for Peace 2012. Aug 12 to Sept 12
- www.CaravanForPeace.org - share this link on Facebook, etc..
- "caravan for peace" - Google search.
- Javier Sicilia: Caravan to Highlight Failed Drug War and Victims on Both Sides of the Border. August 9, 2012. Huffington Post. Article by Javier Sicilia, Mexican poet, and leader of the Movement for Peace with Justice and Dignity.
Never-ending war, PTSD, veterans, medical marijuana
See main article: Posttraumatic stress and cannabis.
PTSD proposed for Oregon medical marijuana list. August 26, 2012. San Francisco Chronicle.
- 45% Of Iraq/Afghanistan War Veterans Seeking Disability. May 28, 2012. Associated Press (AP). By Marilynn Marchione, AP Chief Medical Writer. From the article: "The average wait to get a new one processed grows longer each month and is now about eight months. ... Harvard economist Linda Bilmes. She estimates the health care and disability costs of the recent wars at $600 billion to $900 billion."
- The Three Trillion Dollar War - Wikipedia article about the book.
David Duchovny on cannabis legalization
|Robots of Brixton get baked at 1 minute 43 seconds in. Check out the hookah. Youtube link.|
Cannabis is more interesting than alcohol
Click the images to enlarge them, and for more info.
Listen: PsySrek Mix - Million Marijuana March 2010 ;-') by Legalize Cannabis. "This mix have been played at the 'Million Marijuana March', world manifestation to legalize cannabis, in Paris (place de la Bastille - 08/05/2010)." (May 8, 2010). See PsySrek banner. More download sources: with playlist .
- Paris, May 12, 2012 Global Marijuana March. Marche Mondial Du Cannabis (12 Mai 2012). Video: Marche mondiale du cannabis: le changement, c'est maintenant? - Les Inrocks.
- Egypt. Cannabis-related links.
- Egypt’s Uprising has Link to Marijuana Prohibition | The NORML Stash Blog. By Cannabis Karri on February 8, 2011. See also:
- Wikipedia: Death of Khaled Mohamed Saeed.
- CairoScene: Egypt to Legalise Hash? And: Viral Music: Girls Smoke Hash Too. And: Cairo hash dealer.
2012 Global Marijuana March in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Pat Robertson advocates making marijuana legal
Wikipedia: Pat Robertson. "Pot" Robertson. :)
- Pat Robertson Says Marijuana Should Be Legal. By Steve Elliott. March 8, 2012. Toke of the Town.
- U.S. News - Pat Robertson is for legalizing marijuana: What would Jesus do? March 9, 2012. By James Eng, msnbc.com
- Zakaria: Incarceration nation – Global Public Square - CNN.com Blogs. By Fareed Zakaria, CNN. March 30, 2012.
Baked? Music videos, internet radio, and more
Embedded music videos
|Music and videos. An admin's picks.|
|This has been moved here.|
|Some editors may prefer source-mode editing (wikitext editing, or Wikipedia-style source editing). Some browsers work better with it, too. To get to the source editor click any edit button. Then click the source tab at the top right of the editing window. You can disable the visual editor altogether in Special:Preferences (on the editing tab) if you are logged in.|