You can edit most pages on the Cannabis Wiki!
- Share link: www.cannabis.wikia.com
- See also: Portal: About the Cannabis Wiki.
- Recommended Firefox addon: Flashblock . On-off Flash button for Firefox.
Is the long night of the U.S. Republican-led, Worldwide War on Cannabis over?
|Federal mandatory minimum sentencing charts.|
Mandatory minimums chart is from FAMM's report, "Correcting Course: Lessons from the 1970s Repeal of Mandatory Minimum Sentences". See the PDF link for it at FAMM - History of Mandatory Minimums. FAMM is Families Against Mandatory Minimums. Wikipedia: Mandatory minimums. The Fair Sentencing Act of 2010 increased the amounts of crack cocaine required to trigger 5 and 10 year sentences. . See the revised chart at FAMM - Understanding Federal Sentencing Laws. Share link.
For charts of all federal mandatory minimums (not just for drug offenses) see Federal Mandatory Minimum Charts.
2013 Global Marijuana March and 4/20
|Featured GMM crowd photos over the years.|
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|Signup for 2013 Global Marijuana March. 2|
Conservative war, liberal lemmings, and harm reduction
- Be independent, not conservative or liberal!
Conservatives worldwide love war, especially the drug war. War is profitable for big businesses that wage wars, incarcerate POWs, house troops, and treat wounds. Most liberals, like the lemmings they are, enable the wasteful spending of conservative wars, and then have to wind them down when they can no longer be sustained and paid for. Liberals clean up the mess, and pay for the collateral damage of broken bodies and lives. Conservative bosses and subservient, ass-kissing, middle management liberals.
Consider Obamacare versus single-payer universal healthcare. Obamacare, though better and more efficient than the previous U.S. healthcare system, is still hugely profitable to the useless big business called health insurance. Obamacare is not nearly as effective and cost-saving as single-payer universal healthcare. "Single-payer", if paid for completely by the government, wastes no money on the fraud called health insurance. This matters because harm reduction works better when integrated with a truly universal healthcare system that covers everybody, even the poorest of drug users.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation. Compare incarceration rates worldwide. Share link.|
Winding down Republican-initiated Wars of Choice
|Wealth Inequality in America. Chart video.|
These multi-trillion dollar wars are the latest "glorious crusades" (that good ol' boy, moron Bush actually used the word "crusade" at first to describe the Iraq War). See: The Three Trillion Dollar War - about the Iraq War. See Brown University Costs of War project. See: Cost of U.S. drug war. We don't need drug wars. We need harm reduction. See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. Both the Iraq War and the Drug War were profitable Wars of Choice against fabricated "Enemies". See: How the Bush Administration Sold the War – and We Bought It by Joe Wilson and Valerie Plame Wilson. See Wikipedia: Iraq and weapons of mass destruction. Listen to Hans Blix and Arianna Huffington, too. Drug users are no one's enemy.
Obama is the first Democrat President in awhile who isn't basically middle management for Republicans. But Democrats have to be pushed to support the middle class instead of the privileged. Otherwise, another Ralph Nader will come along to throw a monkey wrench into the whole bloody machine (speech by Mario Savio starts at 22 seconds into the video). Clinton was the last moderate Republican to lead the country. Stockholders got rich while income and wealth inequality continued to increase, and the incarceration rate continued to skyrocket due to the drug war and "truth-in-sentencing" (mandatory minimum sentencing). See: The U.S. Drug War. Republicans lead. Democrats follow. Everybody pays. See: National Rifle Association and mandatory minimum sentencing.
Cory Booker and Quentin Tarantino on the Drug War
Breaking the Taboo
Home Page (BreakingTheTaboo.info). More info . See TabooBreakers on Twitter. See Global Commission on Drug Policy and Facebook page. Quotes from video clips on the trailer: President Richard Nixon: "total war against public enemy number one". President Ronald Wilson Reagan: "When we say no to drugs it will be clear that we mean absolutely none". President George H.W. Bush: "Some think there won't be room for them in jail. We'll make room". Morgan Freeman: "Since 1971 2.5 trillion dollars have been spent on the War on Drugs". Look who's breaking the taboo: Richard Branson, Kate Winslet, Sam Branson, Morgan Freeman, and many more. See also: MarijuanaMajority.com. Share link. Full version in English is no longer available online. Hey Richard Branson, George Soros, Peter Lewis, or whoever, please buy it and put it back online!
Propaganda of incarceration nations
Shoulda Robbed a Bank
Return to top.
Drug Sentences Driving Federal Prison Population Growth, Government Report Finds. By Phillip Smith, Sept. 13, 2012. StoptheDrugWar.org - A comment:
|What I saw during my 5 years in Federal Prison. by UndertheRadar (not verified), September 20, 2012, 12:33pm. I stayed 5 years in Federal Prison for a marijuana offense. While I was there, I watched armed bank robbers come and go in as little as 17 months. One lad was in for armed Post Office robbery with a sawed off shotgun...his stay, 20 months. When I went to the parole board after 3 years 'behind the wall,' I pointed this out to the panel members. Their response, "You must understand that yours was a very serious offense." I laughed about that for 2 more years (as I still sat in prison), then wrote my book: Shoulda Robbed a Bank. When I was in, the entire Federal Prison population was just over 28,000. Drug offenders made up 53% of that number. I see today that population has risen to over 218,000. Prison is big business. It used to be called 'slavery.' Please read Shoulda Robbed a Bank. I need the money... It's available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Smashwords.|
Has Obama lost some of his passion and mojo?
The purple elephant in the room
The purple elephant in the room:
A nation of prison guards, prisoners, and Drug War POWs
- Crazy Country: 6 Reasons America Spends More on Prisons Than On Higher Education. By Les Leopold on August 27, 2012. AlterNet.
- The Role of the Prison Guards Union in California’s Troubled Prison System. By Tim Kowal on June 5, 2011. See yearly compensation of California's prison guards over time in the chart below on the left.
Caravan for Peace 2012. August 12 to September 12.
- www.CaravanForPeace.org - share this link on Facebook, etc..
- "caravan for peace" - Google search.
- Javier Sicilia: Caravan to Highlight Failed Drug War and Victims on Both Sides of the Border. August 9, 2012. Huffington Post. Article by Javier Sicilia, Mexican poet, and leader of the Movement for Peace with Justice and Dignity.
Election Day victories
Return to top.
The American states of Colorado and Washington have voted to legalize cannabis, and Massachusetts becomes the eighteenth state to approve cannabis for medical use. See 2012 vote for cannabis. Prohibition, your days are numbered!
Hey Republicans! The drug war is taking us over the fiscal cliff! The drug war is another multi-trillion dollar war that needs to be wound down. Obama wound down the Iraq War, and is winding down the war in Afghanistan. Obamacare will not increase in cost as fast as the previous healthcare chaos. Single-payer universal healthcare, of course, is the most efficient and cost saving, but Democrats would never have been able to get that passed in Obama's first term.
Why did U.S. Republicans get their asses handed to them in 2012? Well, besides their idiotic rape comments, maybe it is because their support for "freedom" was a sham. For example; at the time of the election very few Republicans had cosponsored H.R. 6335 (see section on cosponsors). That bill would not have done anything more to legalize marijuana or medical marijuana; it would simply have allowed medical marijuana centers operating legally under state law to continue to do so. It would have amended the Controlled Substances Act so as to exempt real property from civil forfeiture due to medical-marijuana-related conduct that was authorized by State law. This is Republican "freedom":
|See this list of incarceration rates by country. Compare the rates. Due to the Drug War the USA has the highest incarceration rate in the world. See: The U.S. Drug War. Republicans lead. Democrats follow. Everybody pays. The Republican-dominated NRA is greatly responsible. See: National Rifle Association and mandatory minimum sentencing. See cost of U.S. drug war: 1.5 trillion dollars! Let's Break the Taboo! Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
Ending careers of rabid anti-medical-cannabis federal prosecutors
|CNN: The War on Drugs|
Supporter of Oregon medical pot law wins attorney general race May 16, 2012. By Teresa Carson. Chicago Tribune. From the article:
As Oregon's chief federal prosecutor last year, Holton was in the vanguard of that crackdown, sending letters to owners, operators and landlords of storefront pot outlets warning they faced prosecution and civil enforcement actions for involvement in the sale of cannabis.
See the next section for info about federal prosecutors.
Cannabis and the illusion of democracy in the USA
- Share link: www.cannabis.wikia.com/democracy
It takes a two-thirds majority in Congress to override a Presidential veto. The U.S. is unique in this among Western democracies. And what's up with the lack of runoff voting for Presidential elections? It is common in other countries.
Most Americans want cannabis legalized. See this timeline of polling in the USA. A much larger majority want medical cannabis legalized. But the USA is a 1% kleptocracy run mostly by special interests and corporations (who are considered persons according to the law). As concerns cannabis: Big Pharma, police unions, private prisons, prison guard unions, alcohol and beer companies. Also known as the Prison-Industrial Complex and the alcohol-drug monopoly.
- The Top Five Special Interest Groups Lobbying To Keep Marijuana Illegal | Republic Report. April 20, 2012 article.
The power of these special interests has increased greatly since the 1980 election of Just-Say-No Ronald (6) Wilson (6) Reagan (6). By the way, are you still waiting for that Reagan-Revolution wealth to "trickle-down" from the 1%?
The government is actually run by a 40% minority. It is not a 50% plus one, simple-majority democracy. It takes a 60% majority vote in the Senate to get past a filibuster or other delaying tactic. It is a self-imposed Senate rule not found in the Constitution that could be overturned at any time by a simple majority vote in the Senate. See filibuster. Stopping the presidential dictatorship, via the Presidential veto, would require changing the constitution to eliminate the Presidential veto that requires a two-thirds majority in Congress to override it.
Concerning Obama, or any President. Federal prosecutors (U.S attorneys) are appointed by the President and serve 4 year terms. They are responsible for the crackdown on medical cannabis dispensaries in many states. They are independent and the only way to stop them is for the President to fire them. If a President fired a federal prosecutor over medical marijuana, his political opponents could say that he is subverting federal law. A President can suggest that they not prioritize federal resources going after medical cannabis users, and dispensaries following state law. The President can not change federal law though, and so federal prosecutors can do whatever they want.
State governors also have veto powers. Occasionally, cannabis reform measures get passed by state legislatures, but are oftentimes vetoed by governors. It usually takes a 3/5 or 2/3 majority vote to override a governor's veto.
Never-ending war, PTSD, veterans, medical marijuana
PTSD proposed for Oregon medical marijuana list. August 26, 2012. San Francisco Chronicle.
- 45% Of Iraq/Afghanistan War Veterans Seeking Disability. May 28, 2012. Associated Press (AP). By Marilynn Marchione, AP Chief Medical Writer. From the article: "The average wait to get a new one processed grows longer each month and is now about eight months. ... Harvard economist Linda Bilmes. She estimates the health care and disability costs of the recent wars at $600 billion to $900 billion."
- The Three Trillion Dollar War - Wikipedia article about the book.
Weed Pass is Dead, Cannabis Cup is Alive!
- Later note: The conservatives are still trying to implement the Weed Pass.
The new government of the Netherlands has snuffed out plans to ban foreigners from visiting Dutch coffee shops where they can purchase quasi-legal cannabis. That means the High Times 2012 Cannabis Cup is on! Read complete article here
Democrat Peter Shumlin wins big in 2012 Vermont governor raceReturn to top.
- Share link: www.cannabis.wikia.com/shumlin
- Wikipedia: Peter Shumlin and 2012 Vermont gubernatorial election. Result: Shumlin 58.0%. Brock 37.7%.
- Vermont Update: Pro-Reform Candidate Gov. Shumlin Holds Massive Lead. By Erik Altieri, NORML Communications Coordinator. August 25, 2012.
- When A Governor Calls And Asks For Support To Reform Marijuana Laws…. By Allen St. Pierre, NORML Executive Director. August 3, 2012.
- His website: Peter Shumlin for Vermont Governor | Leadership for a strong Vermont.
- Google site search of his website for "marijuana".
Rhode Island becomes 15th state to decriminalize cannabis
Rhode Island. Marijuana Policy Project. Rhode Island’s New Law to Reduce Penalties for Marijuana Possession:
On June 13, 2012, Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee [Independent] signed S 2253/H 7092 into law, making Rhode Island the 15th state to remove the possibility of jail for first offense possession of a modest amount of marijuana. The title of the bills was “Reform the penalty for possession of up to an ounce of marijuana.”
David Duchovny on cannabis legalization
Cannabis is more interesting than alcohol
Click the images to enlarge them, and for more info.
Listen: PsySrek Mix - Million Marijuana March 2010 ;-') by Legalize Cannabis. "This mix have been played at the 'Million Marijuana March', world manifestation to legalize cannabis, in Paris (place de la Bastille - 08/05/2010)." (May 8, 2010). See forum discussion and download link there. Turn Flashblock off. It uses Flash. More info and download sources:  
- Paris, May 12, 2012 Global Marijuana March photos: Marche Mondial Du Cannabis (12 Mai 2012). Video: Marche mondiale du cannabis: le changement, c'est maintenant? - Les Inrocks.
- Egypt. Cannabis-related links.
- Egypt’s Uprising has Link to Marijuana Prohibition | The NORML Stash Blog. By Cannabis Karri on February 8, 2011. See also:
- Wikipedia: Death of Khaled Mohamed Saeed.
Drug decriminalization in Portugal
- Share link: www.cannabis.wikia.com/portugal
Hard-drug rehab costs money. All Western European countries have some form of universal healthcare. It gets better health statistics and costs less per person. Clueless Libertarians, Republicans, and Teabaggers are against universal healthcare because it is government funded. Even though most of these same Tea Party people would never want their Medicare taken away from them. Their stupid preference for private health insurance costs them far more per person, and so they must be basic-math challenged. So much for American brainpower. Obamacare is a middle ground between single-payer health care and private health insurance. It will not help poor people enough because the coward Democrats are also bought out by the insurance corporations. So tens of thousands of people will continue to die in the USA each year due to lack of money for healthcare.
Portugal decriminalized possession of small amounts of drugs in 2001:
- Google search: Portugal decriminalization
- Portugal: Ten Years After Decriminalization. Drug reporter. Hungarian Civil Liberties Union (HCLU) Drug Policy Program. By sarosip on 26 November 2012.
- Portugal Decriminalized All Drugs Eleven Years Ago And The Results Are Staggering. By Samuel Blackstone. July 17, 2012. Business Insider.
- Now We Know: Decriminalization DOES Cut Drug Use | Care2 Causes. By Paul Canning. March 18, 2012. Article and video.
- Ten Years After Decriminalization, Drug Abuse Down by Half in Portugal. By Erik Kain. July 5, 2011. Forbes.
- "5 Years After: Portugal's Drug Decriminalization Policy Shows Positive Results". By Brian Vastag. April 7, 2009. Scientific American
- "Drugs in Portugal: Did Decriminalization Work?" By Maia Szalavitz. April 26, 2009. Time magazine.
- "The success of drug decriminalization in Portugal." March 14, 2009. Salon.com. By Glenn Greenwald. April 2, 2009 update.
- White Paper: Drug Decriminalization in Portugal: Lessons for Creating Fair and Successful Drug Policies." April 2, 2009. By Glenn Greenwald. Cato Institute.
2012 Global Marijuana March in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Pat Robertson advocates making marijuana legal
Wikipedia: Pat Robertson. "Pot" Robertson. :)
- Pat Robertson Says Marijuana Should Be Legal. By Steve Elliott. March 8, 2012. Toke of the Town.
- U.S. News - Pat Robertson is for legalizing marijuana: What would Jesus do? March 9, 2012. By James Eng, msnbc.com
- Zakaria: Incarceration nation – Global Public Square - CNN.com Blogs. By Fareed Zakaria, CNN. March 30, 2012.
Yeah, right on, Pat! Those conservative hippies were right after all. And that liberal, big-prison-spender, Nancy Reagan, with her "Just Say No" lock-em-up activism was wrong. And don't forget that liberal, big-prison-spender, Newt Gingrich and his drug war.
Baked? Music videos, internet radio, and more
Embedded music videos
A rolling palette of music and video enjoyment and weirdness. Videos go onto user pages after being here. See Category:Music videos for links to pages of videos.
Here you go. Can play 2 or more at the same time. ... :)
Can drag slider button (bottom of video) to any time in the video. Can adjust audio individually. Click Youtube links for larger versions. Then click the full-screen icon at the bottom right of the video. Big headphones bring out that bass in your bones. :)
Find lyrics at the Lyric Wiki, or via Google.
|"The Lords have secret entrances, and they know disguises. But they give themselves away in minor ways. Too much glint of light in the eye. A wrong gesture. Too long and curious a glance." - Jim Morrison.
Add music videos to your user pages.
|Music and videos. An admin's picks.|
|Timeshifter user pages with music videos and more: page 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, UFOs. See also the bottom of the Main Page for more music videos selected by User:Timeshifter. See also poptophop's YouTube channel and playlists.
Free albums streaming online
- AllMusic.com. Music Search, Recommendations, Videos and Reviews. Many of the tunes on many of the albums can be streamed online. Full tunes in many cases, and not just samples. Wikipedia: AllMusic.
For example; do you like drum and bass fused with world music:
- Arcana - Jef Stott : Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards : AllMusic. Click any blue icon to start playing a tune. When done it will rotate through the rest of the album. Great background to whatever else you are doing. :)
Audio streams. Your Flash player will play many of them automatically. See Wikipedia: Internet radio.
Some free, streaming, music and talk radio:
- TuneIn: Listen to Online Radio, Music and Talk Stations (tunein.com). Music Radio - Listen Online. And Electronic and Dance Radio. And Dubstep Radio. And Progressive Talk Radio - Listen Online.
- Radio Fly Foot Selecta - Strictly Big Tunes & Good Vibes.
- Facebook: Radionomy.
- Search Radionomy for drum bass electronic world music. One result of many:
- Listen to the online radio Electronic Global Radio on Radionomy : Dance-Clubbing, House, Electronic, Easy Listening, Techno.
- Wikipedia: List of Internet stations.
You can also install one or more of the top 5 media players at Cnet. They are freeware. Such as:
|Some editors may prefer source-mode editing (Wikipedia-style editing). Some browsers work better with it, too. To get to the source editor click any edit button. Then click the source tab at the top right of the editing window. You can disable the visual editor altogether in Special:Preferences (on the editing tab) if you are logged in.|