- Share link: Madrid
|See 2014 Global Cannabis March, and 420 city lists.|
- Prison industrial complex infographics. Never forget what the Republican leadership has wrought !&*@!
- 10 Issues Voters Will Be Deciding, From Minimum Wage Bumps To Marijuana Legalization. .
Record high in the Dow, but median wage remains stagnant. . Republicans block cannabis legislation and minimum wage increases.
- Texas! Houston. District Attorney Race Too Close To Call. . Democrat Ogg for marijuana possession tickets.
- Oregon: Moms from Oregon, Colorado and Washington Endorse Measure 91 Marijuana Legalization. Hemp News.
- Scientists Solve Mystery Of Pot-Smoking Siberian 'Ice Princess'. .
- Obama’s nominee for a top DOJ slot has said states could legalize marijuana. . She leads ACLU's National Campaign to End Mass Incarceration. The drug war is part of the Republican war on the poor. See infographic. Along with other mass incarceration, student debt, disenfranchisement, wealth inequality.
- Where marijuana is legalized, decriminalized or on the November ballot. Table. Washington Post.
- Bill Gates Thinks Thomas Piketty's Attack On Inequality Is Right. The Economist agrees. Huffington Post: Key Inequality Measure Highest Since Great Depression.
Voting for most Republicans keeps boots on the ground longer: In cannabis wars, in Sunni-Shia holy wars, in cultural wars of the Religious Right in the USA. It all distracts from the failure of trickle-down economics  of the 1%.
- 60-second interview: Actor and comedian Tommy Chong. "No longer counter-culture, now I call it over-the-counter culture."
If a bigot like Henry Ford can figure out higher wages (and hemp), maybe so can the do-nothing Republican Congress.
- D.C.: Marijuana Legalization Initiative Receives Major Labor Endorsements. Hemp.org - Hemp News.
|More cannabis-related links, city lists, and graphics.|
Social media, Facebook Edit
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
- Spain. Cannabis-related links
- AMEC. Asociación Madrileña de Estudios sobre el Cannabis: amec.org.es
- Expo Cannabis, Madrid: expocannabis.com - English.
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Madrid
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Madrid
- Wikitravel: Madrid
- WeBeHigh.org: Cities by region and nation. By U.S. state. Or search.
- WeBeHigh.org -
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 845 different cities have signed up from 75 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
Right-click any region for its city list.
GMM, May 11, Puerta del Sol, 28013 Madrid:
GMM, May 5:
- Photos: MMM Madrid - 2012 - Fotos. FAC.cc page.
- Marcha Mundial de la Marihuana - Madrid 2012.
GMM, Saturday, May 14, the day before the Indignados protests began in Spain:
- Marcha Mundial de la Marihuana - Madrid 2011 - NORML España - Por Leyes Justas para Todos.
- Photos and video: Marcha Mundial de la Marihuana - Madrid 2011.
Madrid: Marcha del Millón de Porros Asociacion Madrileña para Estudios del Cannabis amec(at)amec.org.es +34 91 5303364: Arantza http://www.amec.org.es http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98VD9-HE1n8&feature=related Postal: AMEC, Salitre 23, bajos, 28012 Madrid, Spain. 9 Mayo 19:00 hs, Puerta del Sol
- Forum: http://www.cannabiscafe.net/foros/showthread.php?t=186460
- Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/santiochoa/sets/72157624031828202
Madrid: Marcha del Millón de Porros Asociacion Madrileña para Estudios del Cannabis amec(at)amec.org.es amec.madrid(at)gmail.com +34 91 5303364 : Antón Martín http://www.amec.org.es Postal: AMEC, Salitre 23, bajos, 28012 Madrid, Spain. 9 Mayo 19:00 hs, Puerta del Sol
- Forum: M4 Marcha Mundial Marihuana Madrid.
- Photos: Marcha MARIHUANA. may. 2009.
- Photos: Fotos de la marcha de Madrid en "El Mundo".
- La 'gran fumada ' por las calles de Madrid - RTVE.es.
- Manifestación Madrid GMM 2009 : Cannabis y mas, un lugar de encuentro.
Expo Cannnabis. Madrid. October 30, 31, November 1:
- "5th EXPOCANNABIS Edition: October 30, 31, November 1 - 2009
- "It is almost a decade since the first cannabis derivatives trade fair was held in Germany. Since then, the growth of trade fairs dedicated to cannabis in all its applications, whether direct or derived, has been on the rise in Europe. So much so that for the last six years, Spannabis trade fair has been a highly popular event in Barcelona, and Expocannabis is following its steps in the capital of Spain, Madrid.
- "The trade fair conditions offered by the Spanish capital are unbeatable due to its population density and its geographical situation, equidistant from almost any point of the Peninsula. The first edition was acclaimed by the public and the exhibitors, and this year we can proudly say that we expect an even bigger success. We count on you. You can't miss it!"
Madrid: Marcha del Millón de Porros Asociacion Madrileña para Estudios del Cannabis amec.madrid(at)gmail.com +34 91 5303364 http://www.amec.org.es Postal: AMEC, Salitre 23, bajos, 28012 Madrid, Spain
- Photos, videos: http://www.tiffotos.com/a00/marcha-marihuana
- Link: http://pitrufkentitlan.blogspot.com/2008/08/de-all-somos.html
- Slide show: http://www.hemp.tv/video/potphotoguy/-Apf6IXzAgo.html
2008 Global Marijuana March in Madrid. May 10, 2008.
Expo Cannabis. Nov 2-4, 2007:
GMM. 12,000 people at 2006 event.
May 26 event:
|More info, tips, links, and |
media of all kinds.
Note: Update any section of this page. Feel free to add sections for years, events, legal initiatives, history, people, organizations, gatherings, and so on. Add links and info of all kinds. Some sources: Category:Cannabis-related events, GMM yearly city lists, GMM links, wikipedia:Category:Cannabis activism, cannabis culture, etc.. Also, search the web (add city to search) for cannabis activism, groups, 420 events, harvest festival events, ballot initiatives, court cases, etc.. Add links for reports, articles, photos, graphics (posters, banners, flyers), videos, press, media coverage, etc.. Upload photos and graphics. You can help: Category:Work in progress. See also: Video help and search links.
Incarceration rates Edit
|See list of incarceration rates by country (b c). Compare the rates. Due to the Drug War the USA has the highest incarceration rate in the world. See cost of U.S. drug war: 1.5 trillion dollars! Let's Break the Taboo! Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
The purple elephant in the room:
Cost of drug warEdit
|Cost of U.S. drug war. Even $1.5 trillion dollars is conservative since many crimes are committed in order to get money for drugs. Correction costs alone averaged $30,600 per inmate in 2007. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Economics - Drug War Facts. See: 32 Reasons Why We Need To End The War On Drugs - Business Insider. See: The Budgetary Impact of Ending Drug Prohibition.|
Breaking the Taboo Edit
- Share link: taboo
Home Page (BreakingTheTaboo.info). More info . See TabooBreakers on Twitter. See Global Commission on Drug Policy and Facebook page. Quotes from video clips on the trailer: President Richard Nixon: "total war against public enemy number one". President Ronald Wilson Reagan: "When we say no to drugs it will be clear that we mean absolutely none". President George H.W. Bush: "Some think there won't be room for them in jail. We'll make room". Morgan Freeman: "Since 1971 2.5 trillion dollars have been spent on the War on Drugs". Look who's breaking the taboo: Richard Branson, Kate Winslet, Sam Branson, Morgan Freeman, and many more. See also: MarijuanaMajority.com. Share link. Full version in English is no longer available online. Hey Richard Branson, George Soros, or whoever, please buy it and put it back online!
Quentin Tarantino Edit
| Quentin Tarantino. Video:|
War on Drugs is Like Slavery.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- See Cannabis is safer.
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .