- Share link: London
Social media, Facebook , Twitter Edit
Facebook is archiving:
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
- England. Cannabis-related links.
- Cannabis news uk
- United Kingdom. Cannabis-related links.
- 2001 to 2004 photos: urban75.org page
- Old link: cannabistrust.com
- Video (2005?): YouTube video
- Video searches:
City info Edit
- Google Maps: London.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: London.
- Wikitravel: London.
- WeBeHigh.org: Cities by region and nation. By U.S. state. Or search.
- WeBeHigh.org -
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 872 different cities have signed up from 80 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
See GMM: basic city lists, detailed city lists, graphics, photos, maps, regions, links, years. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondial du Cannabis. And: Global Marijuana March.
|2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
April 20. Facebook:
July 23, 2011:
- Facebook: Legalise Marijuana Event London.
London: Pinky Starr aceonejimmy(at)yahoo.com 44-779-648-4707 http://www.protestlondon.co.uk/ . or Andy Cornwell andy(at)cannabistrust.com 44(0)7976825086 or LCA - Legalise Cannabis Alliance: Don Barnard: 07984 255015 Alun Buffry: AlunBuffry(at)lca-uk.org PO Box 2883, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 9EE, UK. . Details (at) http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=313666499787
- Facebook: MILLION MARIJUANA MARCH, LONDON.
GMM. May 2, 2009:
- London: Andy Cornwell andy(at)cannabistrust.com 44(0)7976825086 or Pinky aceonejimmy(at)yahoo.com http://www.protestlondon.co.uk/ or LCA - Legalise Cannabis Alliance: Don Barnard: 07984 255015 Alun Buffry: AlunBuffry(at)lca-uk.org PO Box 2883, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 9EE, UK.
- Banner: http://apps.facebook.com/causes/sharings/382868
- Forum: http://www.protestlondon.co.uk/pl_forum/viewforum.php?f=16
June 25, 2008.
- Link: http://www.protestlondon.co.uk
- Link: http://www.ccguide.org.uk/events.php
- Forum: http://www.lca-uk.org/lcaforum/viewtopic.php?t=8920
- Forum: http://www.protestlondon.co.uk/pl_forum
- Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwRrbPCpZgg
- Images and many links: http://gallery.marihemp.com/london15may2005mmm
- Report (from old GMM site):
Report from London
On Saturday May 14th, Grand Traverse County NORML drew 72 people to their 5th annual march, which began at 2:00 PM at the Traverse City Chamber of Commerce and moved to the local UAW Hall for a rally at 4:20 PM featuring live music and raffles. But when it became apparent that the UAW Hall had been double-booked for both this rally and a postal carriers' food drive, rally attendees pitched in to help the postal carriers sort the food for distribution to area pantries.
The main aim is to bring more truth and objectivity to the debate on how society should deal with the issue of cannabis.
A statement from the Cannabis Trust says: The only safe solution is the lifting of cannabis prohibition, to be replaced by the establishment of legal regulation of quality and distribution, just like any other consumer product. Anything less fails to protect the public, especially the young and vulnerable, from the serious health and social problems associated with cannabis prohibition.
How safe is cannabis? How dangerous is cannabis prohibition?
At the rally in TRAFALGER SQUARE expert speakers covered a wide range of topics including cannabis harm reduction, medical cannabis, mental health and cannabis, 'amotivation', nutrition, and the science of cannabis.
Other issues covered included the cost of prohibition, drug testing at work and school, driving under the influence, sniffer dogs and the dangers of
Also speaking at the event were growers, cannabis dealers, campaigners, political and spiritual representatives, plus individuals from many walks of life.
Political speakers included representatives from all the main parties including a 'Toking Tory', plus members of the Legalise Cannabis Alliance which had 18 candidates standing in the general election.
An Cannabis Trust spokesperson said: "The Government says we need cannabis prohibition for health reasons, but prohibition is a crude method of social control which has failed. Public health concerns overwhelmingly support ending cannabis prohibition as soon as possible. This will create a far safer situation than we have now regarding cannabis use, particularly for young people."
- Report: http://drugs.greenparty.org.uk/news/march02a.htm
- Photos: http://drugs.greenparty.org.uk/news/march02b.htm
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Obama alone can not reschedule it Edit
- See main article: Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.
Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape. The committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis.
Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate."
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
2016 election and marches Edit
2016 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. Public opinion wins elections. So get out and march!
|Register and vote for cannabis in 2016.|
|Republicans are busy filing retrograde drug bills across the land. Republicans want to put a conservative drug warrior on the Supreme Court to replace Antonin Scalia, and to reinvigorate their drug war. Supreme Court rejects conservative challenge to Colorado marijuana law from Republican states. 2.|
USA Today: 11 states least likely to legalize marijuana. Republican states across the nation.
|Marijuana in the South: A State-by-State Guide. Republicans created a THC-free south.|
Drug-war mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail.|
Canadian single-payer healthcare and Edit
Portuguese drug decriminalization Edit
|ColoradoCare. 2. It would cover all residents and cost less than the current system. One primary payer, and no deductibles and no co-pays. See: Business people for Single-payer Healthcare. Fed up with uncontrollable costs of U.S. healthcare.On ballot in 2016:|
- Canada has saved trillions of dollars by eliminating the middleman, the health insurance companies.
|Canada's single-payer universal healthcare costs less per person than U.S. healthcare. 220.127.116.11.. For more countries and charts: 6.7.. And the USA has lower average life expectancy than the OECD average (OECD = developed economies). 8.. Click chart to enlarge:|
- Medical Bills Still Take A Big Toll in USA, Even With Insurance. NPR. March 8, 2016.
Green love Edit
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|