- minorml.org - Michigan NORML.
- Facebook: Spartans for Medical Marijuana.
- Facebook: Lansing - Eastside MCC.
- Facebook: Lansing Eastside Compassion Club.
- Facebook: Lansing protest vs. War on drugs, prisons.
|See 2014 Global Cannabis March, and 420 city lists.|
See Facebook: Global Marijuana March. See: Cannabis news sources. And: Cannabis and 2014 U.S. election, November 4, Tuesday.
- Italy to Grow Medical Cannabis and Free Prisoners. . Will release 10,000 pot prisoners. .
- Pussy Riot's most notorious members make a stop in Ann Arbor. . Fighting for prisoners' rights. Boston: .
- Reagan-era Reefer Madness regime: The NFL's Hazy Logic on Marijuana. Cannabis is safer.
- Republicans desperate for war and prison business, more drug war, prison guards, and boots on the ground.
- Illinois NORML 'Appalled' That GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Would Delay Medical Marijuana Access.
- Astounding Percentage Of Americans Disapprove Of GOP. Why do Republican politicians (and CCA and sheriffs) still want boots on the ground in the war on recreational cannabis; while Obama says let states decide.
- U.S. Election, November 4, Tuesday. Absentee and Early Voting. State-by-state info. Turnout matters! State-by-state voter registration deadlines. October 3 in many states! See: Online registration.. And, Voter Registration by mail. CanIvote.org ~ Are you registered, and where is my polling place.
- 2014. VoteMedicalMarijuana.org - evaluate candidates based on their legislative records. Scoring system. Facebook.
- County opts for pot, tax questions on ballot. Albuquerque, New Mexico. 3-2 vote along party lines; Democrats in the majority.
- World Leaders' Proposal for Winning the War on Drugs: Legalize It! . "Decriminalization and legal regulation of not just cannabis but as many of the drugs that are currently illegal as possible, with the understanding that some drugs may remain too dangerous to decriminalize". .
- Election 2014! Vote for Tommy Chong on Dancing with the Stars. .
- Can Marijuana Legalization End Domestic Violence?.
|More cannabis-related links, city lists, and graphics.|
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Lansing
- Wikipedia: Lansing
- Wikitravel: Lansing
- WeBeHigh.com - home page lists all cities.
- City page: Lansing
Global Marijuana March (GMM) Edit
GMM (years signed up).
This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 845 different cities have signed up from 75 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
Right-click any region for its city list.
Lansing: Kathleen Gulick email@example.com 517-930-6664 or Kathy Kennedy 517-999-3038
Organized by Kathy Kennedy with help from Adam Brooke. New gathering location at Saginaw Street for a 2:00pm sidewalk march. Poor notification of the change hurt overall attendance. Only 2 motorcycle cops for the march and one Capital security guard for the rally from 2:30pm to 5:00pm. The peak attendance was around 80 for the march with an average particpation of around 60 for the rally on the Capital Bldg. steps.
Organized by Kathy Kennedy, Cures Not Wars. Lugnut Stadium gathering started at noon for the 2:30pm sidewalk march to Capital Building. Rally on the capital lawn 'till 6:00pm with speakers. Max participation of 152 during the march dropped to the average attendance of around 140 for the rally. One cop car for the march and one Capital security guard during rally.
Organized by Kathy Kennedy, Cures Not Wars. March down street to Capital Bldg. Peak attendance of about 200 with some loss after the march yielding an average attendance of about 175. 4 motorcycle cops and a squad car for the street march and two Capital security guards during the rally.
Organized by Kathy Kennedy with help from Jay Statzer, Cures Not Wars. This was a new location for Liberation Day. March down street at 1:00pm to Capital Bldg. for two hours of speeches. After rally evet in Washington Plaza started at 4:00pm and ended at 7:30pm. NBC CH 10 and Peak participation was over 200 during the march which trailed off for an average crowd of 175 for the rally and 60 for the Washington Square event after the rally with one band. 4 motorcycle cops and a squad car for the march and two Capital security guards during rally.
|More info, tips, links, and |
media of all kinds.
Note: Update any section of this page. Feel free to add sections for years, events, legal initiatives, history, people, organizations, gatherings, and so on. Add links and info of all kinds. Some sources: Category:Cannabis-related events, GMM yearly city lists, GMM links, wikipedia:Category:Cannabis activism, cannabis culture, etc.. Also, search the web (add city to search) for cannabis activism, groups, 420 events, harvest festival events, ballot initiatives, court cases, etc.. Add links for reports, articles, photos, graphics (posters, banners, flyers), videos, press, media coverage, etc.. Upload photos and graphics. You can help: Category:Work in progress. See also: Video help and search links.
Incarceration rates Edit
|See list of incarceration rates by country (b c). Compare the rates. Due to the Drug War the USA has the highest incarceration rate in the world. See cost of U.S. drug war: 1.5 trillion dollars! Let's Break the Taboo! Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
The purple elephant in the room:
Cost of drug warEdit
|Cost of U.S. drug war. Even $1.5 trillion dollars is conservative since many crimes are committed in order to get money for drugs. Correction costs alone averaged $30,600 per inmate in 2007. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Economics - Drug War Facts. See: 32 Reasons Why We Need To End The War On Drugs - Business Insider. See: The Budgetary Impact of Ending Drug Prohibition.|
Breaking the Taboo Edit
- Share link: taboo
Home Page (BreakingTheTaboo.info). More info . See TabooBreakers on Twitter. See Global Commission on Drug Policy and Facebook page. Quotes from video clips on the trailer: President Richard Nixon: "total war against public enemy number one". President Ronald Wilson Reagan: "When we say no to drugs it will be clear that we mean absolutely none". President George H.W. Bush: "Some think there won't be room for them in jail. We'll make room". Morgan Freeman: "Since 1971 2.5 trillion dollars have been spent on the War on Drugs". Look who's breaking the taboo: Richard Branson, Kate Winslet, Sam Branson, Morgan Freeman, and many more. See also: MarijuanaMajority.com. Share link. Full version in English is no longer available online. Hey Richard Branson, George Soros, or whoever, please buy it and put it back online!
Quentin Tarantino Edit
| Quentin Tarantino. Video:|
War on Drugs is Like Slavery.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama said (correctly) that cannabis is safer than alcohol:
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year from 2006 to 2010. .