- minorml.org - Michigan NORML.
- Facebook: Spartans for Medical Marijuana.
- Facebook: Lansing - Eastside MCC.
- Facebook: Lansing Eastside Compassion Club.
- Facebook: Lansing protest vs. War on drugs, prisons.
|See 2014, 2015 Global Cannabis March, and 420 city lists.|
- Obama on marijuana legalization: ‘My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this’. Obama said: "Last year you had the first time in 40 years where the crime rate and the incarceration rate went down at the same time."
- Jesse Ventura's State of the Union. . Income inequality, cannabis legalization, drug war.
- Oxfam report says half of global wealth held by the 1%. And: The Great American Hustle: How The One Percent Mauled The Middle Class. US Republicans block full legalization since Cannabis props up the Drug War; the key to Mass Incarceration and mass control.
- Grandpa Doing Life Without Parole—for Pot. . Nazi Republican prosecutor.
- Obama said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one.
Obamacare is better than the old healthcare system. Drug rehab for harder drugs is now paid for by Obamacare. But Obamacare does not cover everybody because of the incredible waste of health insurance companies. Single-payer covers everybody, is much easier to use (almost no paperwork for patients), is far cheaper per capita , and gets better overall health results. U.S. Healthcare Ranked Dead Last Compared To 10 Other Countries. June 16, 2014. Forbes: "Many continue to falsely assume that we pay more for healthcare because we get better health (or better health outcomes)." Why Do Other Rich Nations Spend So Much Less on Healthcare? The Atlantic. July 23, 2014. And 200 million claims were denied yearly before Obamacare. .
Health insurance paperwork wastes $375 billion yearly! CNBC, Jan 13, 2015. Quotes: They estimate the cost of covering all of the roughly 40 million Americans still lacking health insurance would be equal to just about half of the $375 billion in projected savings. The balance of those savings, they write, could 'upgrade coverage for the tens of millions who are under-insured'. ... Of the total of $471 billion in BIR [billing and insurance-related costs], an estimated $375 billion—or 80 percent—is 'additional spending' that would be eliminated by 'a simplified financing system' such as single-payer, the report said.
|More cannabis-related links, city lists, and graphics.|
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Lansing
- Wikipedia: Lansing
- Wikitravel: Lansing
- WeBeHigh.com - home page lists all cities.
- City page: Lansing
Global Marijuana March (GMM) Edit
GMM (years signed up).
This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 845 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|See 2013, 2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March.|
Right-click any region for its city list.
Lansing: Kathleen Gulick firstname.lastname@example.org 517-930-6664 or Kathy Kennedy 517-999-3038
Organized by Kathy Kennedy with help from Adam Brooke. New gathering location at Saginaw Street for a 2:00pm sidewalk march. Poor notification of the change hurt overall attendance. Only 2 motorcycle cops for the march and one Capital security guard for the rally from 2:30pm to 5:00pm. The peak attendance was around 80 for the march with an average particpation of around 60 for the rally on the Capital Bldg. steps.
Organized by Kathy Kennedy, Cures Not Wars. Lugnut Stadium gathering started at noon for the 2:30pm sidewalk march to Capital Building. Rally on the capital lawn 'till 6:00pm with speakers. Max participation of 152 during the march dropped to the average attendance of around 140 for the rally. One cop car for the march and one Capital security guard during rally.
Organized by Kathy Kennedy, Cures Not Wars. March down street to Capital Bldg. Peak attendance of about 200 with some loss after the march yielding an average attendance of about 175. 4 motorcycle cops and a squad car for the street march and two Capital security guards during the rally.
Organized by Kathy Kennedy with help from Jay Statzer, Cures Not Wars. This was a new location for Liberation Day. March down street at 1:00pm to Capital Bldg. for two hours of speeches. After rally evet in Washington Plaza started at 4:00pm and ended at 7:30pm. NBC CH 10 and Peak participation was over 200 during the march which trailed off for an average crowd of 175 for the rally and 60 for the Washington Square event after the rally with one band. 4 motorcycle cops and a squad car for the march and two Capital security guards during rally.
Cost of drug warEdit
- See longer article: Cost of U.S. drug war. See also: Drug war charts and maps. See cannabis arrests. See Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. See cost of U.S. drug war: 1.5 trillion dollars! Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
- War on drugs a trillion-dollar failure - CNN.com. By Richard Branson, Special to CNN, December 7, 2012.
Click the infographics to enlarge them.
|Cost of U.S. drug war. Even $1.5 trillion dollars is conservative since many crimes are committed in order to get money for drugs. Correction costs alone averaged $30,600 per inmate in 2007. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Economics - Drug War Facts. See: 32 Reasons Why We Need To End The War On Drugs - Business Insider. See: The Budgetary Impact of Ending Drug Prohibition.|
- Another chart below.
- Source of data: US War On Drugs Has Met None Of Its Goals: AP Impact. By Martha Mendoza. Posted 13 July 2010. Huffington Post.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer.
- He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President of the USA.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015. Obama also said: "Last year you had the first time in 40 years where the crime rate and the incarceration rate went down at the same time."