Note: This regional GMM city list is only through 2012. For the latest worldwide GMM city list go here.
The Global Marijuana March (GMM) is also known as the Million Marijuana March (MMM), and various other names. GMM events worldwide are held the first Saturday in May, or thereabouts, depending on the city. See Global Marijuana March links for many links for reports, photos, videos, press, media, posters, maps, flyers, etc.. See also: Legality of cannabis by country.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
See GMM: basic city lists, detailed city lists, graphics, photos, maps, regions, links, years. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondial du Cannabis. And: Global Marijuana March.
|2017, 2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos.|
GMM cities in Latin America Edit
- 106 cities from 11 nations in Latin America have signed up one or more years since 1999. See: Argentina. Brazil. Chile. Colombia. Costa Rica. Ecuador. Guyana. Mexico. Peru. Uruguay. Venezuela. (Note: To edit this list click any city, or see Template:GMM cities Latin America.)
- Americana, Brazil
- Antofagasta, Chile
- Aracaju, Brazil
- Arequipa, Peru
- Atibaia, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Bahia Blanca, Argentina
- Bariloche, Argentina
- Barquisimeto, Venezuela
- Barrancabermeja, Colombia
- Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Bogota, Colombia
- Brasilia, Brazil
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Calama, Chile
- Cali, Colombia
- Campo Grande, Brazil
- Caracas, Venezuela
- Comodoro Rivadavia, Argentina
- Concepcion, Chile
- Coquimbo, Chile
- Cordoba, Argentina
- Cuiaba, Brazil
- Curitiba, Brazil
- Cusco, Peru
- Diadema, Sao Paulo, Brazil
- El Bolson, Argentina
- Florianopolis, Brazil
- Florida, Uruguay
- Formosa, Argentina
- Fortaleza, Brazil
- Foz do Iguacu, Brazil
- Fray Bentos, Uruguay
- Georgetown, Guyana
- Goiania, Brazil
- Guarulhos, Brazil
- Guayaquil, Ecuador
- Huanchaco, Peru
- Ibague, Colombia
- Itajubá, Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Iquique, Chile
- Joao Pessoa, Brazil
- Joinville, Brazil
- Juiz de Fora, Brazil
- La Plata, Argentina
- La Rioja, Argentina
- Lavras, Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Leon, Mexico
- Lima, Peru
- Manaus, Brazil
- Mar del Plata, Argentina
- Maracaibo, Venezuela
- Maracay, Venezuela
- Natal, Brazil
- Medellin, Colombia
- Mendoza, Argentina
- Merida, Mexico
- Merida, Venezuela
- Mexico City, Mexico
- Montevideo, Uruguay
- Neuquen, Argentina
- Niteroi, Brazil
- Nova Iguacu, Brazil
- Obera, Argentina
- Parana, Argentina
- Patos, Brazil
- Pereira, Colombia
- Petropolis, Brazil
- Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
- Posadas, Argentina
- Presidente Prudente, Brazil
- Punta Sal, Peru
- Quito, Ecuador
- Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil
- Resistencia, Argentina
- Rio Cuarto, Argentina
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Rio Grande, Argentina
- Rosario, Argentina
- Salta, Argentina
- Salvador, Brazil
- San Fernando del Valle de Catamarca, Argentina
- San Jose, Costa Rica
- San Juan, Argentina
- San Luis, Argentina
- San Miguel de Tucuman, Argentina
- San Pedro de Misiones, Argentina
- San Salvador de Jujuy, Argentina
- Santa Fe, Argentina
- Santiago del Estero, Argentina
- Santiago, Chile
- Santos, Brazil
- Sao Jose do Rio Preto, Brazil
- Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Tarapoto, Peru
- Temuco, Chile
- Tepic, Nayarit, Mexico
- Teresina, Brazil
- Trelew, Argentina
- Uberlandia, Brazil
- Ushuaia, Argentina
- Valdivia, Chile
- Valencia, Venezuela
- Valparaiso, Chile
- Vicosa, Minas Gerais, Brazil
- Venado Tuerto, Argentina
- Vitoria, Brazil
Nearby islands Edit
- 7 places from 5 nations have signed up one or more years since 1999. See: Bermuda. France. Jamaica. Puerto Rico. Trinidad and Tobago.
- Guadeloupe, France
- Hamilton, Bermuda
- Kingston, Jamaica
- Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago
- San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Vega Alta, Puerto Rico
More graphics Edit
2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 Edit
May 6, 2017, Saturday, or thereabouts. And April 20 (4/20), or thereabouts. Rallies and marches overall change public opinion for the better! See: Cannabis polls.
- 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. - Worldwide.
- USA. 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 city list. - USA.
- 420 event lists. - Worldwide.
|US states that have legalized|
as of November 2016 election.
Cannabis is safer Edit
|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech 1: "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."|
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Presidents can not reschedule it Edit
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
The president alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
Drug war, control, mass incarceration Edit
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. 2. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money.|
|Rundle Won't Charge Prison Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death for 2 Hours in Shower. Death Ruled An Accident. Documents Show They Omitted Key Details. Florida inmate in for cocaine possession. 2345. Due to lack of single-payer universal healthcare the mentally ill end up incarcerated and untreated. Prison costs far more than caring for them to begin with. For their non-violent offenses three-quarters of Americans favor ‘rehabilitation’ over jail time, survey finds. |
Green love Edit
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|
Single-Payer. Half the cost of Trumpcare Edit
Portugal. Few die of overdose Edit
Portugal has decriminalized all drugs. Like Canada it has universal healthcare. See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal and Wikipedia: Health in Portugal. Nearly all of the European Union (EU) has universal healthcare. . See: List of countries with universal health care.
Source for above chart: Are any conservatives in the US for a single payer and a universal health care system, or can they not coexist? Chart is from comment around March 11, 2017 by Dan Munro, "author of Casino Healthcare and Forbes contributor".
The $0 Alternative To Trumpcare. See chart below. USA versus top ten healthiest nations.
Canada passes US in middle-class wealth. Median after-tax middle-class income in Canada is higher. . Why? Canadians pay so much less for far better healthcare. And:
2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article.
"The country has 3 overdose deaths per million citizens, compared to the EU average of 17.3."
- Overdose stats for the rest of the world.
- Wikipedia charts: Drug-related death statistics. See the upload page.
- Overdose Death Rates. National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Charts.
- These Are the Drugs That Cause the Most Overdose Deaths. Chart.
- Our nation’s drug overdose problem, in five bleak charts.
- How the opioid epidemic became America’s worst drug crisis ever, in 15 maps and charts.
USA. Republican-led drug war Edit
New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes a bill that would have allowed medical marijuana for opioid addiction. April 7, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes the 911 Good Samaritan Overdose Prevention Bill. April 7, 2017. And: Idaho's Republican governor vetoes a broadly-supported asset forfeiture reform bill. April 7, 2017.