For The First Time Ever, The Federal Government Is Referring To Marijuana As Medicine. And: The disease killing white Americans goes way deeper than opioids. . And: Philly420: The most arrested drug in Camden, N.J. is ... And: Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard Calls For Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition. And: Cannabis Festivals 2017-2018 | Man, I'm hungry. | Everfest. And: Trump's Health Care Plan Could Exacerbate Opioid Epidemic, But Medical Marijuana Could Help. . And: Former premiers and Australian police chiefs call for drug decriminalisation.
. 17,000 more people annually could die in 2018 if Trumpcare becomes law. 14 million more people uninsured in 2018. 24 million in 2026. 29,000 more dead annually in 2026. And: Pennsylvania. Auditor General: If it were legalized, taxing marijuana could yield $200 million annually for state. And: CTV News Channel: 'Quite traumatized': Jodie Emery. After her arrest in Canada . And: Infamous "F*ck it, I Quit" Reporter (while in Alaska) Launches Her Online Weed Show in Los Angeles.
. Quinnipiac poll: 71% oppose enforcing federal marijuana laws in states where the drug is legal. And: Severely Epileptic Child Granted Cannabis Oil in Ireland, Setting Precedent: Almost Homeless in LA. And: Medical marijuana given green light in South Africa: report. And: First Marijuana Testing for Vets with PTSD Underway in Phoenix; Volunteers Wanted. And: New Study: Cigarettes Tied To Increased Stroke Risk But Not Marijuana. And: Canada. Human rights board orders insurer to pay medical marijuana costs in precedent-setting case . And: .
A Trump Fan Cheering Obamacare Repeal Just Found Out He’s On Obamacare. Hilarity Ensues. And: 15 charts that show how Obamacare works now — and how Republicans would overhaul it. And: Bernie Sanders: Americans pay highest prices for pharmaceutical drugs in the world. And: Canada has universal health care, and higher minimum wage than the US.
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2017, 2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos.|
- Brazil. Cannabis-related links.
- Facebook: Marcha da Maconha de Florianópolis.
- Instituto da Cannabis.
- marchadamaconha.org - forums. Google site search for Florianopolis.
- Instituto da Cannabis.
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Florianopolis.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Florianopolis.
- Wikitravel: Florianopolis.
- WeBeHigh.com: Florianopolis.
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 887 different cities have participated from 80 different nations or subnational areas since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
See GMM: basic city lists, detailed city lists, graphics, photos, maps, regions, links, years. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondial du Cannabis. And: Global Marijuana March.
|2017, 2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos.|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
June 2. Marcha da Maconha:
GMM, May 28:
- Marcha da Maconha reúne 500 manifestantes em Florianópolis.
- Google translation:
Hundreds of people attended the Marijuana March this Saturday afternoon in Florianópolis (SC). According to the calculations of the Municipal Guard, about 500 protesters participated in the act promoted in the busiest street of the capital of Santa Catarina, the Beira Mar Norte.
The group met during the afternoon in a warehouse and soon after went on walking for about 4 km. The representatives of the Office of Cannabis, the organization formed by students of the Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, advocated the decriminalization of drugs and cited the use of marijuana for the production of goods such as clothing and medicines.
During the march, protesters carried banners and placards with slogans like "Legalize Peace" and "Who does not buy the plant." Across the way, they sang and asked that the President Rousseff (PT) legalize marijuana. Unlike São Paulo, where there was military confrontation with police last week, the demonstration was peaceful in Florianopolis and received support from many motorists who passed through the city center.
Among the participants of the Marijuana March, was the chief of the Civil Police of Rio de Janeiro, Orlando Zaccone. He, which integrates an international movement of "lawmen" who support the decriminalization of the herb, said the prosecution would not be enough to stop drug trafficking.
"Despite the repression, more and more drugs are offered to society. This policy has not solved the problem," he said. "Violence is not produced by the drug but by the ban. Legalization is the real control, the ban is total disarray."
The Marijuana March in Florianopolis was the subject of much controversy and was only made after a court authorization of Santa Catarina. State Representative Ismael Santos (DEM), tried to prevent the realization of the act and asked for an injunction. Judge Maria Paula Kern rejected the request of the parliament last Thursday.
GMM, May 3:
Global Marijuana March 2008. May 4, 2008.
There was repression in most Brazilian cities that tried to hold Global Marijuana March events in 2008:
- Google searches: . . Videos. Images. Marijuana is 'maconha' in Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal).
- Flickr search: .
- English coverage of Global Marijuana March 2008 repression in Brazil:    . Reports with many videos linked by Brazilian city:  .
2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 Edit
May 6, 2017, Saturday, or thereabouts. And April 20 (4/20), or thereabouts. Rallies and marches overall change public opinion for the better! See: Cannabis polls.
- 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. - Worldwide.
- USA. 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 city list. - USA.
- 420 event lists. - Worldwide.
|US states that have legalized|
as of November 2016 election.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Presidents can not reschedule it Edit
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
The president alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
Drug-war mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money.|
|Rundle Won't Charge Prison Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death. Florida inmate in for cocaine possession. A nurse said his body temperature was too high to register with a thermometer. 23. Due to lack of single-payer universal healthcare the mentally ill end up incarcerated and untreated. It ends up costing far more (prison is costly) than treating them to begin with.|
Green love Edit
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|
Single-Payer. Half the cost of Trumpcare Edit
Portugal. Few die of overdose Edit
Source for chart below: Are any conservatives in the US for a single payer and a universal health care system, or can they not coexist? Chart is from comment around March 11, 2017 by Dan Munro, "author of Casino Healthcare and Forbes contributor".
- See main article: End drug war with universal healthcare.
Portugal has decriminalized all drugs. Like Canada it has universal healthcare. See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal and Wikipedia: Health in Portugal. Nearly all of the European Union (EU) has universal healthcare.
The $0 Alternative To Trumpcare. See chart below. USA versus top ten healthiest nations.
Canada passes US in middle-class wealth. Median after-tax middle-class income in Canada is higher. . Why? Canadians pay so much less for far better healthcare. And:
- Portugal decriminalised drugs 14 years ago – and now hardly anyone dies from overdosing. 2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article:
"The country has 3 overdose deaths per million citizens, compared to the EU average of 17.3."
- Overdose Death Rates. National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Charts.
- These Are the Drugs That Cause the Most Overdose Deaths. Chart.
- Our nation’s drug overdose problem, in five bleak charts.