- Share links: events and calendars
- See also: Home page, current events and news, cannabis-related events, 420 event lists, cannabis news and events archive. See: 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. See Global Marijuana March by year.
Event lists, calendars, forums Edit
- Cannabis Events - Canna Custom Promos.
- Marijuana Event Calendar
- World Wide Harvest Festivals, Cannabis/ Hemp Fairs and Cannabis Awards. Famous Friends Of Cannabis - Pot Stars - Celebrity Stoners - Hemp Heroes - Web Links.
- 420 Magazine - Calendar.
- 420 Calendar of Events - 420 Magazine. Forum.
- Wikipedia: Template: Cannabis - the organizations listed may have event calendars.
- Wikipedia: Category: Cannabis events
- CannabisCulture.com calendar
- CannabisCulture.com forum on Upcoming Events
- chanvre-info.ch event calendar by year. Articles in various languages.
- CannabisCupWinners.com worldwide cannabis event calendar
- CupWinners.nl - Cannabis Cups, Events and Cup Winners
- Marijuana And Music Event Calendar | Hail Mary Jane.
- Cannabis Events 2012 | The Daily Smoker.
- Marijuana Events Calendar.
- Category: Cannabis-related events.
- Category: Cannabis-related event graphics.
- commons: Category: Cannabis events - please upload free images.
Hemp Fairs, Cannabis Cups and Events 2009-2010 Edit
The calendars are very rich in marijuana-related events around the world. The USA, Canada, Australia, and of course Europe offered great events in 2009. It has already started to look good for 2010 as well.
One of the biggest events celebrated around the world is the Global Marijuana March, which also goes by the name of the Million Marijuana March (MMM). It is an annual rally held at different locations across the planet. The 2009 event didn't go unnoticed. Marches, meetings, rallies, raves, concerts, festivals, info-tables happen this day in many corners of the Globe.
The tradition will surely be held also in 2010, especially in the main cities, where it has written history.
Amsterdam is the capital of cannabis cups. There are around 4 that take place each year in November: the High Times Cannabis Cup, the High Life Cannabis Cup, the IC 420 Growers Cup, and the No Mercy Weed Cup.
As in 2009, the High Life organizers decided again to have a secret location for the event in 2010. The High Times Cannabis Cup celebrated the founder of High Times magazine, Thomas King Forcade, in the 2009 event and have great plans for 2010 also.
In February and October of 2009, and also promising for 2010, are Spain's cannabis trade fairs. For the last six years, the Spannabis Trade Fair has been a highly popular event in Barcelona (see spannabis.com). Expocannabis is following it's steps in the capital of Spain, Madrid (see expocannabis.com). Spain's neighbor country, Portugal, hosted in June 2009, in Porto, the Feira do Canhamo (see feiradocanhamo.com).
Treating Yourself Magazine is excited to host the upcoming Medical Marijuana and Hemp Expo in Toronto in July of 2010 (see medicalmarijuana-hempexpo.com). They promise to be Canada's first expo promoting the respectable and responsible use of marijuana as medicine.
Aiming to contribute to the healthy, informed and energized local and national movement to change America's pot laws, the Seattle Hempfest took place in August 2009, like each year in Seattle since the 1990s (see hempfest.org).
The Nimbin MardiGrass is the place to be on the 1st weekend of May in Nimbin, Australia. The annual Cannabis law reform rally began in 1993 and will continue until the prohibition law is abolished, then become a festival. During the weekend there are many events including; HEMP OLYMPIX, Cannabis Cup, Global Marijuana March, Kombi Konvoy, Industry Expo, Medicinal Forums and a Float Parade. There is a myriad of information about MardiGrass, the Australian HEMP Party and the Nimbin HEMP Embassy located on the main web site at www.hempembassy.net/
2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 Edit
May 6, 2017, Saturday, or thereabouts. And April 20 (4/20), or thereabouts. Rallies and marches overall change public opinion for the better! See: Cannabis polls.
- 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. - Worldwide.
- USA. 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 city list. - USA.
- 420 event lists. - Worldwide.
|US states that have legalized|
as of November 2016 election.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Presidents can not reschedule it Edit
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
The president alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
Drug-war mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money.|
Green love Edit
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|
End drug war with Universal Healthcare Edit
- See article: End drug war with universal healthcare.
No deductibles on basic Canadian health care and co-pays are extremely low or non-existent. Portugal has universal healthcare. Like Canada. Like nearly all of the EU (European Union). See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Health in Portugal and Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal.
- Portugal decriminalised drugs 14 years ago – and now hardly anyone dies from overdosing. 2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article:
"The country has 3 overdose deaths per million citizens, compared to the EU average of 17.3."