Why not replace Obamacare and Trumpcare with something better than both of them. ... Canadian single-payer healthcare, and Portuguese drug decriminalization. Better healthcare, at half the cost. Source for the chart on the right: Are any conservatives in the US for a single payer and a universal health care system, or can they not coexist? Chart is from comment around March 11, 2017 by Dan Munro, "author of Casino Healthcare and Forbes contributor". See Wikipedia: List of countries with universal health care.
- Former premiers and Australian police chiefs call for drug decriminalisation. By Elle Hunt. March 19, 2017. The Guardian.
No deductibles on basic Canadian health care and co-pays are extremely low or non-existent. Portugal has universal healthcare. Like Canada. Like nearly all of the EU (European Union). See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Health in Portugal and Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal. And: Wikipedia: Comparison of the health care systems in Canada and the USA. And: Wikipedia: List of countries by total health expenditure per capita.
The $0 Alternative To Trumpcare. See chart below. USA versus top ten healthiest nations.
See original chart source: Link between health spending and life expectancy: US is an outlier. August 03, 2016 by Max Roser. Chart is under a CC BY-SA license. Article that uses the chart: Are any conservatives in the US for a single payer and a universal health care system, or can they not coexist? See comment around March 11, 2017 by Dan Munro, "author of Casino Healthcare and Forbes contributor".
Drugs kill far fewer people in Portugal Edit
- Portugal decriminalised drugs 14 years ago – and now hardly anyone dies from overdosing. June 2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article:
"The country has 3 overdose deaths per million citizens, compared to the EU average of 17.3."
- Overdose Death Rates. National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Charts.
- These Are the Drugs That Cause the Most Overdose Deaths. Chart.
- Our nation’s drug overdose problem, in five bleak charts.
- . Feb. 2, 2017.
- . Jan. 10, 2017.
- Canada has universal health care, and a higher minimum wage than the US. Jan. 9, 2017.
- Nov. 30, 2016.
- Millions of Americans find drug savings in Canada. Nov. 17, 2016.
- US Senate bill: Safe and Affordable Drugs from Canada Act. Much cheaper under Single Payer. Oct. 5, 2016.
- Bernie Sanders video on importing drugs from Canada. Sept. 21, 2016.
- . Aug. 11, 2016.
- July 13, 2016.
- . Nov. 30, 2015.
- Homicide rates of USA (top line), Australia, Canada, Spain (ESP), Great Britain, and the Netherlands. From: OECD "How Was Life?", page 147. Article: Murder in Western nations. USA on top. Nov. 12, 2014.
Some patients need free cannabis Edit
- trigeminal neuralgia (aka tic douloureux). It can be one of the most excruciatingly painful conditions known. Longtime Canadian activist Alison Myrden has bilateral
- Weed Mom. Global Marijuana March shared AJ+'s video. Jan. 21, 2017. "She grows marijuana to treat her son's seizures. But her country sees her as a criminal."
Drug war, control, mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money.|
|Rundle Won't Charge Prison Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death for 2 Hours in Shower. Death Ruled An Accident. Documents Show They Omitted Key Details. Florida inmate in for cocaine possession. 2345. Due to lack of single-payer universal healthcare the mentally ill end up incarcerated and untreated. Prison costs far more than caring for them to begin with. For their non-violent offenses three-quarters of Americans favor ‘rehabilitation’ over jail time, survey finds. |
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Presidents can not reschedule it Edit
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
The president alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.