|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
- Brazil. Cannabis-related links.
- marchadamaconha.org - forums. Google site search for Curitiba.
- Blog: Marcha da Maconha Curitiba.
City info Edit
- Google maps.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Curitiba.
- Wikitravel: Curitiba.
- WeBeHigh.org: Cities by region and nation. By U.S. state. Or search.
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 872 different cities have signed up from 80 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
See GMM: basic city lists, detailed city lists, graphics, photos, maps, regions, links, years. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondial du Cannabis. And: Global Marijuana March.
|2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
GMM, May 19:
- Facebook: Marcha da Maconha Curitiba 2012.
- Twitter: @MMaconhaCWB.
- E-mail: email@example.com.
- Blog: Marcha da Maconha Curitiba.
- Photos: Marcha da Maconha - Curitiba PR 2012 - a set on Flickr.
GMM, May 22, Sunday:
- Em ruas desertas, público da Marcha fuma maconha em Curitiba.
- Google translation:
Unlike what occurred on Saturday in São Paulo, the March for Freedom of Expression in Curitiba did not record clashes with police. About 200 people walked the streets on Sunday the center - which was practically empty. Some protesters even smoked marijuana during the event, which became the freedom of expression after the Marijuana March, the initial idea of the organizers, was banned last Thursday by Justice Parana. Members Francischini federal Fernando (PSDB-PR) and state Leonaldo Paranhos (PSC) filed a restraining order claiming that the event would make incitement to drug use.
In practice, what happened today was a Marijuana March. Many protesters have used T-shirts with prints that brought the leaf of the drug. Posters informing people can not be suppressed just because they smoke marijuana. During the march, some protesters carried a banner with the word "censorship." At the end, others are smoking a joint simulated giant made of newsprint. To complete, the participants chanted phrases like "I am pothead, with great pride, with love," echoing in the street sidewalk fifteenth of November, typically one of the busiest places in Curitiba, but now was practically deserted.
All this happened despite the guidance of the leaders of the march of not doing anything related to marijuana. There was also asked not to confront the police, when there was an approximation. Uniformed police appeared only at the end of the march, in Boca Maldita, traditional site of demonstrations in downtown Curitiba. Two vehicles were to the region, but police only watched the final movement of the group.
One of the leaders of the movement, Shardie Casagrande, believes there was a "demobilization" among potential participants before the prohibition of Marijuana March and clashes yesterday in São Paulo. "We just want the power of voice, to talk about it. This discussion will have to happen at some point, as well as the legalization will happen at some point," he said.
According to him, the legalization of marijuana would force a reduction in the trafficking of drugs and medical benefits in the area. It could also be used in the treatment of drug addicts considered heavier, like cocaine and crack. The proposal would restrict the use of marijuana for over 21 years and in certain places, following the same principle of anti-smoking law now in force in several Brazilian states. "We want to take tobacco and alcohol to the same level," said Casagrande.
The merchant Jonny Ratier led the march to the concentration of silk sheets, found at convenience stores and other establishments, and used for rolling cigarettes of tobacco and marijuana as well. He said he wanted to take the product to show how the discussion on the topic should be broad. "Legalizing marijuana use, many families would not have much trouble with drug dealers. Each one can plant and make their own," he said.
Curitiba. firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.marchadamaconha.org/blog - Largo da Ordem, 14hs. 9 de Maio.
Curitiba: (Brazil) curitiba(at)marchadamaconha.org. 16:00 hs, Ruínas de São Franscisco - Largo da Ordem
- Google searches: . . Videos. Images. Marijuana is 'maconha' in Portuguese (Brazil, Portugal).
- Flickr search: .
- English coverage of Global Marijuana March 2008 repression in Brazil:    . Reports with many videos linked by Brazilian city:  .
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Obama alone can not reschedule it Edit
- See main article: Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.
Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape. The committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis.
Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate."
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
2016 election and marches Edit
2016 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. Public opinion wins elections. So get out and march!
|Register and vote for cannabis in 2016.|
|Republicans are busy filing retrograde drug bills across the land. Republicans want to put a conservative drug warrior on the Supreme Court to replace Antonin Scalia, and to reinvigorate their drug war. Supreme Court rejects conservative challenge to Colorado marijuana law from Republican states. 2.|
USA Today: 11 states least likely to legalize marijuana. Republican states across the nation.
|Marijuana in the South: A State-by-State Guide. Republicans created a THC-free south.|
Drug-war mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail.|
Canadian single-payer healthcare and Edit
Portuguese drug decriminalization Edit
|ColoradoCare. 2. It would cover all residents and cost less than the current system. One primary payer, and no deductibles and no co-pays. See: Business people for Single-payer Healthcare. Fed up with uncontrollable costs of U.S. healthcare.On ballot in 2016:|
- Canada has saved trillions of dollars by eliminating the middleman, the health insurance companies.
|Canada's single-payer universal healthcare costs less per person than U.S. healthcare. 188.8.131.52.. For more countries and charts: 6.7.. And the USA has lower average life expectancy than the OECD average (OECD = developed economies). 8.. Click chart to enlarge:|
- Medical Bills Still Take A Big Toll in USA, Even With Insurance. NPR. March 8, 2016.
Green love Edit
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|