- Share link: www.cannabis.wikia.com/copenhagen
|See 2014, 2015 Global Cannabis March, and 420 city lists.|
|2015. The 70th anniversary of victory over fascism. The 35th anniversary of Reagan's war on cannabis.|
- The 9 States Where Marijuana Will Be Legalized Last. Mormons, religious militants, and Republicans, The Axis of Evil. How come religious fanatics are destroying the world? Spirituality is fine as long as it is not forced on others.
|The drug war is a religious war against a spiritual plant. That old-time religion, and their crusades.|
- Jamaica. Obama answers marijuana question. . His visit to Bob Marley museum. That rainbow photo!
- CairoScene: Egypt to Legalise Hash? And: Viral Music: Girls Smoke Hash Too. And: Cairo hash dealer.
Ronald Reagan, 1980 : "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example." - Reaganism: Cannabis war, trickle-down economics, code-word racism, hate radio, mass incarceration.
Social media, Facebook Edit
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Copenhagen.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Copenhagen.
- Wikitravel: Copenhagen.
- WeBeHigh.org - Copenhagen.
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 848 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
Right-click any region for its city list.
May 4. Facebook:
April 20. Facebook:
- Police Shut Down First Cannabis Coffeeshop In Denmark. By Steve Elliott. October 5, 2012.
September 2, 2011 event:
- Photos: Fredagsdemo d 2/9-2011.
GMM, May 7, 2011:
- Global Marijuana March in Copenhagen / Denmark 2011. Contactperson: Klaus Trier Tuxen (tuxentheman@gmail or tuxen@hampåepartiet.dk)
- Global Marijuana March 7 Maj 2011.
- Facebook: Marijuana March Lørdag 7 Maj 2011.
- Photos: Marihuana March d. 7. Maj 2011.
- Marijuana March Lørdag 7 Maj 2011 in Copenhagen, Capital Region, Denmark | Geomium .
Copenhagen: Fri Hash Bevægelsen or Klaus Tuxen Tuxen(at)hampepartiet.dk http://www.hampenyt.dk Departs Christiania 14:00
Forum: http://www.hampepartiet.dk/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=73 - for discussions on the issue on legalization of marijuana in Denmark.
- Report (from old GMM site):
We have build up a very strong team the last 2 years- and this year march was very good and well planed.
We have got a lot of press coverage (3 news papers, one front page, 1 news channel had it covered)- the turn out was around 500 to 700 at different times. We had made a hole day plan, with the march from 1300 to 1500 and then was at the government building for almost 2 hours. Where had 3 political speaks and 2 bands played, also we had invited a poet that made one of the best cannabis speaks in a long time, many said.
In the night time we had more music in Christiania (free town in Copenhagen) and party to about 0100.
It was an all out success - and the team is even stronger with that success in our backs.
- Report (from old GMM site):
The Global Marijuana March 2006 in Copenhagen was a double march. It was arranged by Cannabisrådet (The Council of Cannabis) which is a union of people and political parties and organizations who want to have free cannabis... The first was leaving from the free town of Christiania, the second was leaving from Blaagaards Plads in Noerrebro. At Blaagaards Plads there was a speech of Zenia Stampe, the leader of the Radical Left party's youth organization (In Denmark the party "Radical Left" is rather rightwing). She say YES to free cannabis, and that's why she is a sweet radical woman. At Blaagaards Plads there was also a speech by Jeppe Rohde from SUF. (Socialistic Youth Front). Of course there were problems, so it had to be, but they are always solved. On the road the tractor from Christiania was running out of gasoline, but then people decided to have a "rygepause", a Danish word for a smoking break. On the tractor was a pusher house in wood, back from the good old days before the Danish government smashed Pusher Street. Verner, a famous cannabis activist who runs the home page Jointen.dk, was speaking on the road from Christiania to Axeltorv. The two demonstrations meet each other later at Axeltorv where there was a major Smoke In. The Free Hash Movement from Christiania had brought two ecological fruit pipes, and they were filled several times. There were also a lot of free joints. The smoke was sponsored by "drengene" (the boys) from Pusher Street. There was a speech of Line Barfoed who is a member of the Danish parliament for Enhedslisten, and a cannabis activist called Jesper from Aarhus. There was also entertainment from the magician Erik Sandmand and his beautiful assistant Madame Waffa. They were performing the show "The Magic Box" in between all the smoking. At Axeltorv there was also music made by Snyder and D. J. Ayo. At 17:00 the march left and we all go to Christiania. There was a lot of cannabis related music in Christiania. In Pusher Street there was the hiphop crew "Kartellet", and later the famous Danish Punk band "EnhelrøvfuldFrank". They performed their famous hit "Bjarne Blues". (Bjarne is the leader of the police force in Christiania, and he is not very popular). It was very funny, everybody in the street was dancing "Pogo", a punk rock dance. In the end of the concert the front singer named Aldi-Frank was arrested on the stage. At the Smoking Cafe "Månefiskeren" there was a more mellow feeling. Here D.J. Hydepark was playing non-Babylonian reggae music. And later was the two Danish hippie musicians Stig Møller and Peter Ingemann, two guys which have been fighting for free cannabis since the sixties. It was a very nice day, the weather was good, the sun was shining and the mood was good, everybody was feeling fine, even the police had a good time. The police were helped by "Idiotiet", a group of girls from Christinia, dressed up like policewomen. It is important that the cannabis users have a "free day" once a year, as said by "Totalbon", one of the march coordinators. See you next year in Copenhagen at the Marijuana March... Klaus Trier Tuxen
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer.
- He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President of the USA.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015. Obama also said: "Last year you had the first time in 40 years where the crime rate and the incarceration rate went down at the same time."
- Holder's Legacy: Steering Away From the Drug War and Mass Incarceration. .
- U.S.: Attorney General Eric Holder Ends Incentive For Law Enforcement To Seize Property.
Drug war + Trickle-Down Economics Edit
Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech : "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."
- See context, and above quote, at 1 minute 7 seconds into this video clip narrated by Woody Harrelson.
|Drug war + trickle-down Reaganomics = mass incarceration and mass control.|
Cost of drug warEdit
- See article: Cost of U.S. drug war. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See also: Drug war charts and maps. See: cannabis arrests.
|Drug war cost charts, infographics, and links.|
Click the infographics to enlarge them.
Obamacare is better than the old healthcare system. Drug rehab for harder drugs is now paid for by Obamacare. It is far cheaper than jail. But Obamacare does not cover everybody because of the incredible waste of health insurance companies. Single-payer covers everybody (including veterans, most of whom are only partially covered by Veterans Administration care). It is much easier to use (almost no paperwork for patients), is far cheaper per capita , and gets better overall health results. U.S. Healthcare Ranked Dead Last Compared To 10 Other Countries. June 16, 2014. Forbes: "Many continue to falsely assume that we pay more for healthcare because we get better health (or better health outcomes)." Why Do Other Rich Nations Spend So Much Less on Healthcare? The Atlantic. July 23, 2014. And 200 million claims were denied yearly before Obamacare. .
Health insurance companies suck money from their hosts, but provide no tangible service. Just like toll-road companies. See: Toll Roads Are A Bad Idea. Both just handle the money, and take a cut of the money. They build costly buildings to house the accounting staff, and claim deniers. Costly 16-lane toll plazas are built, often on expensive urban land.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|