- Share link: www.cannabis.wikia.com/copenhagen
Social media, Facebook Edit
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Copenhagen.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Copenhagen.
- Wikitravel: Copenhagen.
- WeBeHigh.org - Copenhagen.
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 872 different cities have signed up from 80 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
See GMM: basic city lists, detailed city lists, graphics, photos, maps, regions, links, years. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondial du Cannabis. And: Global Marijuana March.
|2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
May 4. Facebook:
April 20. Facebook:
- Police Shut Down First Cannabis Coffeeshop In Denmark. By Steve Elliott. October 5, 2012.
September 2, 2011 event:
- Photos: Fredagsdemo d 2/9-2011.
GMM, May 7, 2011:
- Global Marijuana March in Copenhagen / Denmark 2011. Contactperson: Klaus Trier Tuxen (tuxentheman@gmail or tuxen@hampåepartiet.dk)
- Global Marijuana March 7 Maj 2011.
- Facebook: Marijuana March Lørdag 7 Maj 2011.
- Photos: Marihuana March d. 7. Maj 2011.
- Marijuana March Lørdag 7 Maj 2011 in Copenhagen, Capital Region, Denmark | Geomium .
Copenhagen: Fri Hash Bevægelsen or Klaus Tuxen Tuxen(at)hampepartiet.dk http://www.hampenyt.dk Departs Christiania 14:00
Forum: http://www.hampepartiet.dk/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=73 - for discussions on the issue on legalization of marijuana in Denmark.
- Report (from old GMM site):
We have build up a very strong team the last 2 years- and this year march was very good and well planed.
We have got a lot of press coverage (3 news papers, one front page, 1 news channel had it covered)- the turn out was around 500 to 700 at different times. We had made a hole day plan, with the march from 1300 to 1500 and then was at the government building for almost 2 hours. Where had 3 political speaks and 2 bands played, also we had invited a poet that made one of the best cannabis speaks in a long time, many said.
In the night time we had more music in Christiania (free town in Copenhagen) and party to about 0100.
It was an all out success - and the team is even stronger with that success in our backs.
- Report (from old GMM site):
The Global Marijuana March 2006 in Copenhagen was a double march. It was arranged by Cannabisrådet (The Council of Cannabis) which is a union of people and political parties and organizations who want to have free cannabis... The first was leaving from the free town of Christiania, the second was leaving from Blaagaards Plads in Noerrebro. At Blaagaards Plads there was a speech of Zenia Stampe, the leader of the Radical Left party's youth organization (In Denmark the party "Radical Left" is rather rightwing). She say YES to free cannabis, and that's why she is a sweet radical woman. At Blaagaards Plads there was also a speech by Jeppe Rohde from SUF. (Socialistic Youth Front). Of course there were problems, so it had to be, but they are always solved. On the road the tractor from Christiania was running out of gasoline, but then people decided to have a "rygepause", a Danish word for a smoking break. On the tractor was a pusher house in wood, back from the good old days before the Danish government smashed Pusher Street. Verner, a famous cannabis activist who runs the home page Jointen.dk, was speaking on the road from Christiania to Axeltorv. The two demonstrations meet each other later at Axeltorv where there was a major Smoke In. The Free Hash Movement from Christiania had brought two ecological fruit pipes, and they were filled several times. There were also a lot of free joints. The smoke was sponsored by "drengene" (the boys) from Pusher Street. There was a speech of Line Barfoed who is a member of the Danish parliament for Enhedslisten, and a cannabis activist called Jesper from Aarhus. There was also entertainment from the magician Erik Sandmand and his beautiful assistant Madame Waffa. They were performing the show "The Magic Box" in between all the smoking. At Axeltorv there was also music made by Snyder and D. J. Ayo. At 17:00 the march left and we all go to Christiania. There was a lot of cannabis related music in Christiania. In Pusher Street there was the hiphop crew "Kartellet", and later the famous Danish Punk band "EnhelrøvfuldFrank". They performed their famous hit "Bjarne Blues". (Bjarne is the leader of the police force in Christiania, and he is not very popular). It was very funny, everybody in the street was dancing "Pogo", a punk rock dance. In the end of the concert the front singer named Aldi-Frank was arrested on the stage. At the Smoking Cafe "Månefiskeren" there was a more mellow feeling. Here D.J. Hydepark was playing non-Babylonian reggae music. And later was the two Danish hippie musicians Stig Møller and Peter Ingemann, two guys which have been fighting for free cannabis since the sixties. It was a very nice day, the weather was good, the sun was shining and the mood was good, everybody was feeling fine, even the police had a good time. The police were helped by "Idiotiet", a group of girls from Christinia, dressed up like policewomen. It is important that the cannabis users have a "free day" once a year, as said by "Totalbon", one of the march coordinators. See you next year in Copenhagen at the Marijuana March... Klaus Trier Tuxen
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
- Holder's Legacy: Steering Away From the Drug War and Mass Incarceration. .
- In January 2015 U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder halted most of the federal Equitable Sharing program. For the most part state and local law enforcement could no longer use the program to bypass state laws restricting forfeiture. It was fully suspended in December 2015.
Obama alone can not reschedule it Edit
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
- Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape. Republican committee leaders refuse hearings and votes on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis.
Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate."
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
2016 election and marches Edit
2016 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. Public opinion wins elections. So get out and march!
|Register and vote for cannabis in 2016.|
|Republicans are busy filing retrograde drug bills across the land. Republicans want to put a conservative drug warrior on the Supreme Court to replace Antonin Scalia, and to reinvigorate their drug war. Supreme Court rejects conservative challenge to Colorado marijuana law from Republican states. 2.|
USA Today: 11 states least likely to legalize marijuana. Republican states across the nation.
|Marijuana in the South: A State-by-State Guide. Republicans created a THC-free south.|
Drug-war mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
Canadian single-payer healthcare and Edit
Portuguese drug decriminalization Edit
|ColoradoCare. 2. It would cover all residents and cost less than the current system. One primary payer, and no deductibles and no co-pays. See: Business people for Single-payer Healthcare. Fed up with uncontrollable costs of U.S. healthcare.On ballot in 2016:|
- Canada has saved trillions of dollars by eliminating the middleman, the health insurance companies.
|Canada's single-payer universal healthcare costs less per person than U.S. healthcare. 126.96.36.199.. For more countries and charts: 6.7.. And the USA has lower average life expectancy than the OECD average (OECD = developed economies). 8.. Click chart to enlarge:|
- Medical Bills Still Take A Big Toll in USA, Even With Insurance. NPR. March 8, 2016.
Green love Edit
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|