|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
- Ohio. Cannabis-related links.
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Columbus.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Columbus, Ohio.
- Wikitravel: Columbus (Ohio).
- WeBeHigh.com: Columbus.
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up. This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 872 different cities have signed up from 80 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
See GMM: basic city lists, detailed city lists, graphics, photos, maps, regions, links, years. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondial du Cannabis. And: Global Marijuana March.
|2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
The Columbus Ohio Chapter of the Million Marijuana March will have it's 14th Annual Meeting at 4:20 PM, on Sat. May 5, 2012. We will meet at the NW corner of the intersection of N. High St, and W. 17th Ave, (Near OSU) in Columbus Ohio.
The PLAN is to march down the SIDEWALK along N. High St, to BUTTLES AVE in the Short North. We will turn at Buttles and go to Goodale Park, where we will disband.
Please bring posters, signs, banners, and noisemakers.
Please wear bright colors, so that we will look good on TV.
The march will end in time for people to attend the monthly GALLERY HOP that will be starting about the same time we are ending.
For more information, please contact
Chris "The Anarchist" Ryan,
- Columbus Ohio Marijuana March. May 7, 2011. N.High St. & 17th. 4:20 pm/ contact JohnnyRefer at Ohighoganja@yahoo.com
- Facebook: Columbus Ohio Marijuana March.
- Marijuana March (Columbus Marijuana March 2011) on Myspace.
Columbus: Columbus Working Group C/o Chris Ryan old_jack_tar(at)hotmail.com (614) 551-0846 4:20 PM, Corner of W. 17th Ave & N. High St, (Near OSU). Rain Or Shine, Ignore Rumors of Cancellation.
Columbus: Columbus Working Group C/o Chris Ryan old_jack_tar(at)hotmail.com (614) 551-0846 Rally 4:20 PM May 3. 17 & High St, near OSU. March at 4:45 PM. down High St. to the Short North. End at Goodale Park, in time for GALLERY HOP
- Video: http://cbusimc.org/files/MillionMarijuanaMarch.wmv
- Report (from old GMM site):
Saturday May 6, at 4:20 the Million Marijuana March converged at north high street and 17th avenue. The estimated size of the crowd was fifty people. A strange odor emerged from the crowd. Protesters showed their utter disregard for the law by smoking joints throughout the event. Local police occasionally swung by the march, as it went down high street. The only cop on hand was a man with a camera claiming to be doing a documentary at Ohio University. Indymedia has already heard this excuse from Columbus Police. There was little doubt about the identity of the photographer, when he began taking point-blank pictures of the faces of people smoking on the sidewalk.
After a brief speech the march began down high street into the gateway center. Chants ranged from "Fuck the gateway center" to "no more drug war" and "marijuana, yes I wanna." Bystanders, on the street, seemed supportive of the cause. Leaders of the march slowed the crowd at local businesses, who support Hempfest and the Hempfest Journal. The march was suspiciously slow throughout the day. The crowd filed through Short North's Gallery Hop and ended with another smoke-in at Goodale Park.
The Million Marijuana March has been going on globally since 1998. The purpose of the march is to raise awareness about the positive effects of marijuana usage. Nearly everyone in this country was indoctrinated with a negative, pro-law enforcement mentality about marijuana. Of all the industrialized countries of the world, America is the most draconian in its relentless prosecution of the War on Drugs. Well over 2 million people in these United States are in prison today. Prisons, which are growing increasingly privatized, and increasingly resembling slavery. As one bystander of the march remarked "The War on Drugs is a war on black people."
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Obama alone can not reschedule it Edit
- See main article: Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.
Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape. The committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis.
Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate."
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
2016 election and marches Edit
2016 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. Public opinion wins elections. So get out and march!
|Register and vote for cannabis in 2016.|
|Republicans are busy filing retrograde drug bills across the land. Republicans want to put a conservative drug warrior on the Supreme Court to replace Antonin Scalia, and to reinvigorate their drug war. Supreme Court rejects conservative challenge to Colorado marijuana law from Republican states. 2.|
USA Today: 11 states least likely to legalize marijuana. Republican states across the nation.
|Marijuana in the South: A State-by-State Guide. Republicans created a THC-free south.|
Drug-war mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail.|
Canadian single-payer healthcare and Edit
Portuguese drug decriminalization Edit
|ColoradoCare. 2. It would cover all residents and cost less than the current system. One primary payer, and no deductibles and no co-pays. See: Business people for Single-payer Healthcare. Fed up with uncontrollable costs of U.S. healthcare.On ballot in 2016:|
- Canada has saved trillions of dollars by eliminating the middleman, the health insurance companies.
|Canada's single-payer universal healthcare costs less per person than U.S. healthcare. 220.127.116.11.. For more countries and charts: 6.7.. And the USA has lower average life expectancy than the OECD average (OECD = developed economies). 8.. Click chart to enlarge:|
- Medical Bills Still Take A Big Toll in USA, Even With Insurance. NPR. March 8, 2016.
Green love Edit
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|