|See 2014, 2015 Global Cannabis March, and 420 city lists.|
- Obama on marijuana legalization: ‘My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this’. Obama said: "Last year you had the first time in 40 years where the crime rate and the incarceration rate went down at the same time."
- Jesse Ventura's State of the Union. . Income inequality, cannabis legalization, drug war.
- Oxfam report says half of global wealth held by the 1%. And: The Great American Hustle: How The One Percent Mauled The Middle Class. US Republicans block full legalization since Cannabis props up the Drug War; the key to Mass Incarceration and mass control.
- Grandpa Doing Life Without Parole—for Pot. . Nazi Republican prosecutor.
- Obama said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one.
Obamacare is better than the old healthcare system. Drug rehab for harder drugs is now paid for by Obamacare. But Obamacare does not cover everybody because of the incredible waste of health insurance companies. Single-payer covers everybody, is much easier to use (almost no paperwork for patients), is far cheaper per capita , and gets better overall health results. U.S. Healthcare Ranked Dead Last Compared To 10 Other Countries. June 16, 2014. Forbes: "Many continue to falsely assume that we pay more for healthcare because we get better health (or better health outcomes)." Why Do Other Rich Nations Spend So Much Less on Healthcare? The Atlantic. July 23, 2014. And 200 million claims were denied yearly before Obamacare. .
Health insurance paperwork wastes $375 billion yearly! CNBC, Jan 13, 2015. Quotes: They estimate the cost of covering all of the roughly 40 million Americans still lacking health insurance would be equal to just about half of the $375 billion in projected savings. The balance of those savings, they write, could 'upgrade coverage for the tens of millions who are under-insured'. ... Of the total of $471 billion in BIR [billing and insurance-related costs], an estimated $375 billion—or 80 percent—is 'additional spending' that would be eliminated by 'a simplified financing system' such as single-payer, the report said.
|More cannabis-related links, city lists, and graphics.|
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|See 2013, 2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March.|
- Ohio. Cannabis-related links.
- Ohioans for Medical Marijuana
Social media, Facebook Edit
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Cleveland.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Cleveland.
- Wikitravel: Cleveland.
- WeBeHigh.com: Cleveland.
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 845 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|See 2013, 2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March.|
Right-click any region for its city list.
Cleveland: Laura Kosa-Thomas laurasmokedout(at)gmail.com 440-282-4420 . or Jerry Braseman jerry(at)herbatron.net http://www.clevelandohiomarijuanamarch.com Noon march from Public Square to Justice Center.
- Facebook: Cleveland Global Marijuana March.
Cleveland: Laura Kosa laurasmokedout(at)gmail.com 440-282-4420 . or Jerry Braseman jerry(at)herbatron.net - Cannabis Connections 216-521-9333 (call noon to 6) 16019 Madison AVE, Lakewood, Ohio 44107. http://www.clevelandohiomarijuanamarch.com . Noon march from Public Square to Justice Center.
Cleveland: Cannabis Connections 216-521-9333 (call noon to 6) 16019 Madison AVE, Lakewood, Ohio 44107. or Jerry Braseman jerry(at)herbatron.net . March from Public Square to Justice Center.
Preview from anonymous poster: Saturday 5/3/08 Most likely will start off in public stair, follow smoke if you get lost! I've attended a couple of these, its all good times, they usually provide security and its a virtual cornucopia of potheads all gathering together in protest of marijuana prohibition. I <3 the last time I went, we formed a circle around the justice center(jail for you retards) holding hands then went across the street to the Park of the fallen officers and there was music and lots of peoples, good times, I even went by myself, its a very friendly environment! Definitely a sense of anger tho, so bring yer cams! Can't fucking wait! W00t!
Global Marijuana March 2008 in Cleveland, Ohio.
MMM report and comments: http://cannabisnews.com/news/1/thread1240.shtml
Cost of drug warEdit
- See longer article: Cost of U.S. drug war. See also: Drug war charts and maps. See cannabis arrests. See Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. See cost of U.S. drug war: 1.5 trillion dollars! Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
- War on drugs a trillion-dollar failure - CNN.com. By Richard Branson, Special to CNN, December 7, 2012.
Click the infographics to enlarge them.
|Cost of U.S. drug war. Even $1.5 trillion dollars is conservative since many crimes are committed in order to get money for drugs. Correction costs alone averaged $30,600 per inmate in 2007. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Economics - Drug War Facts. See: 32 Reasons Why We Need To End The War On Drugs - Business Insider. See: The Budgetary Impact of Ending Drug Prohibition.|
- Another chart below.
- Source of data: US War On Drugs Has Met None Of Its Goals: AP Impact. By Martha Mendoza. Posted 13 July 2010. Huffington Post.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer.
- He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President of the USA.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015. Obama also said: "Last year you had the first time in 40 years where the crime rate and the incarceration rate went down at the same time."