|See 2014, 2015 Global Cannabis March, and 420 city lists.|
- Jesse Ventura's State of the Union. . Income inequality, cannabis legalization, drug war.
- Oxfam report says half of global wealth held by the 1%. And: The Great American Hustle: How The One Percent Mauled The Middle Class. US Republicans block full legalization since Cannabis props up the Drug War; the key to Mass Incarceration and mass control.
- Grandpa Doing Life Without Parole—for Pot. . Nazi Republican prosecutor.
|More cannabis-related links, city lists, and graphics.|
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|See 2013, 2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March.|
- Philippines. Cannabis-related links.
- HIGHisCOOL.com Philippine Marijuana Community (Marijuana Philippines).
Social media, Facebook Edit
City info Edit
Most of the bud from Cebu comes from the nearby provinces. Some comes from Alcoy and Dalaguete but most of it is from Balamban and Toledo. As with the rest of the Philippines, you should be very careful with bud. Even a few grams can land you in a third world jail and there is no bail. However, this is not to say that you can't smoke in this city. You can safely smoke as long as you are in a car. Police and even check points will not bother private cars. Just keep your windows rolled up when there are people nearby. Motorcycles are another matter though as they are regularly stopped and searched. You may also get stopped and searched if you are on a jeepney. However, local law enforcement also does not stop or search taxis. If you do get caught, do bribe the policeman on the spot. Tell him he is doing a great job and that you respect him or something to that effect. Just flatter him then tell him you would like to settle it on the spot. Slip him a 500 or 1000-5000 peso bribe. Do not show your id and try to get out of there as quickly as possible. Local laws are very strict but the cops are equally easy to bribe. They probably earn $10 a day.
Scoring in Cebu
Also be very careful when making a score in Cebu. You may be the victim of a narc or a snitch. To be safe, score from people who smoke. Most foreigners will smoke. You can find them at pubs and strip clubs and if they do smoke, they can usually hook you up. You can head down to the turtle's nest restaurant. If there are any Rastafarians there, they may help you score. If you do get lucky, scoring in Cebu can be rewarding. Prices can be as low as 2000 Pesos (40 something dollars) for a kilo (2.2 pounds) Prices for a kilo will usually be 5000-6000 pesos. 500 pesos will usually get you an ounce or two.
Being a local, I don't really have anything to compare Cebuano buds with in terms of quality. I have never had hydro. However, do expect it to be low quality to midz at best. Sometimes you might get lucky and get really decent quality buds. Other times, you will get straight up schwag. In any case, never buy a pre-rolled joint. You will have the worst joint you have ever had. It will be mostly paper and filled with stems, seeds and sometimes a few bud crumbs will be in there. Forget about strains when in Cebu. People do not know about strains there. No one will be able to tell indica from sativa. They will only label it as good shit or bad shit.
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 845 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|See 2013, 2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March.|
Right-click any region for its city list.
Paulo Varela. PORMAL. Philippine Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws.
Cost of drug warEdit
- See longer article: Cost of U.S. drug war. See also: Drug war charts and maps. See cannabis arrests. See Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. See cost of U.S. drug war: 1.5 trillion dollars! Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
- War on drugs a trillion-dollar failure - CNN.com. By Richard Branson, Special to CNN, December 7, 2012.
Click the infographics to enlarge them.
|Cost of U.S. drug war. Even $1.5 trillion dollars is conservative since many crimes are committed in order to get money for drugs. Correction costs alone averaged $30,600 per inmate in 2007. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Economics - Drug War Facts. See: 32 Reasons Why We Need To End The War On Drugs - Business Insider. See: The Budgetary Impact of Ending Drug Prohibition.|
- Another chart below.
- Source of data: US War On Drugs Has Met None Of Its Goals: AP Impact. By Martha Mendoza. Posted 13 July 2010. Huffington Post.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
|Cannabis is safer!|
|See full article: Cannabis is safer.
Quotes in the image to the left (and in the text below) are from the U.S. government's landmark 1999 Institute of Medicine (IOM) report, Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base. The full text of the report is available for free online at the above link, and is searchable. The table of contents by chapter is on the sidebar. The report is also available as a free PDF download. Quotes below are followed by their references. Emphasis added.
Page 109: "Indeed, epidemiological data indicate that in the general population marijuana use is not associated with increased mortality. 138"
Page 107: "When heavy marijuana use accompanies these symptoms [amotivation], the drug is often cited as the cause, but no convincing data demonstrate a causal relationship between marijuana smoking and these behavior characteristics. 23"
Page 119: "There is no conclusive evidence that marijuana causes cancer in humans, including cancers usually related to tobacco use."
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015. Obama also said: "Last year you had the first time in 40 years where the crime rate and the incarceration rate went down at the same time."