- Share link: Archive 2. See earlier Archive 1. See also: Current events and news. And: Cannabis and 2014 U.S. election. And: Vote for cannabis in 2016!
Mexico proposes legal medical marijuana, and increasing legal recreational possession from 5 to 28 grams (1 ounce). April 22, 2016 article. . And: White House to meet with cannabis activists. April 21, 2016 article.
Bernie can pay for 2 years of public college by making 16 the legal age of adulthood. Freeing up 2 years of average public high school costs of $12,000 a year. Plus room and board costs. .
Maryland Ends Mandatory Minimums For Drug Users, Lets Non-Violent Offenders Out Early. And: Medical Marijuana Legalized in Pennsylvania . But also building prison. And: Victoria becomes the first Australian state to legalize medical cannabis.  . And: DEA could soon announce a major decision on rescheduling marijuana. And: Whoopi Goldberg founds medical marijuana company for women. And: Cancer patient shares graphic photos in call for pot to be legalized in Australia.
|Vote for cannabis! US Republicans limit voting via longer lines, and fewer ballots and polling places. They limit or veto early voting, same day registration, and automatic registration. And: They block reform of mandatory minimum sentencing laws. for the prison-industrial complex. And: Why Trump’s support for private prisons and mass incarceration should worry you.|
Republican system of inequality, endless drug war, and mass incarceration being crushed by independents from within and without. The Republican House of Representative continues to block veterans from using cannabis -- by denying prescription VA painkillers if they use cannabis. Idiotic and cruel, since cannabis is much safer. .
|Nixon Aide Admitted Drug War Was Meant To Target Black People. Intense racial targeting associated with the drug war wasn’t an unintended side effect — it was the whole point. And GOP mass incarceration helps in enforcing income inequality.|
|Republicans want to put a conservative drug warrior on the Supreme Court. Supreme Court rejects conservative challenge to Colorado marijuana law from Republican states. 2. And: Republicans are busy filing retrograde drug bills across the land.|
Rally against Republican committee leaders refusing to allow vote to reschedule cannabis. High Times: "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate"
|Republican obstructionism has blocked bills against mass incarceration. Obama is helping turn around the Reagan-Bush War on Pot, mandatory minimums, and mass incarceration. See: US incarceration peaked in 2008.|
2016 Calendar of American cannabis events and cups. Including GMM and 420 events.
- Bernie is Mainstream. The many issues of his that polling shows the majority of Americans agree with. . Single payer healthcare, income inequality, progressive taxation, minimum wage. These issues have been blocked mainly by Republicans over many years.
|CNN: Study: 3 federal laws could reduce gun deaths by more than 90%. Oops, we didn't need the NRA-championed mandatory minimums and the incarceration nation.|
Bernie Sanders won the Colorado primary. His cannabis views helped. And: CNN poll! Bernie crushes Trump, Rubio, or Cruz. Hillary loses to Rubio or Cruz. Wins against Trump. And: Independents greatly outnumber Democrats or Republicans.
|ColoradoCare. 2. It would cover all residents and cost less than the current system. One primary payer, and no deductibles and no co-pays. See: Business people for Single-payer Healthcare. Fed up with uncontrollable costs of U.S. healthcare.On ballot in 2016:|
- CNN. Medical marijuana legalized in Australia.
- Legalise cannabis. Says Former UN Secretary General Kofi Annan.
|Trump, Sanders, Clinton all support Government-Funded Universal Healthcare. 2. Republicans want to continue subsidizing the health insurance racket. Bernie wants to by phasing it out, and eliminating the middleman. Canada's single-payer universal healthcare costs less per person than U.S. healthcare. 2.3.. For more countries and charts: 4.5.. See chart below to the right:|
|Canada leading the way:|
Maryland Lawmakers Override Republican Veto of Marijuana Paraphernalia Decriminalization. . Existing pot decrim meant a fine for possession, but jailed for the joint paper or baggie.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
- Watch: Canada's Prime Minister Trudeau Doubles Down On Marijuana Legalization.
- Killer Mike and Bernie Sanders Have a Barber-Shop Chat About Free Health Care, and Ending The War on Drugs. Youtube. And:
|Marijuana in the South: A State-by-State Guide. Republicans created a THC-free south. USA Today: 11 states least likely to legalize marijuana. Republican states across the nation.|
'Mass Incarceration in America' Topic of MLK 'Dream Week' Panel in San Antonio, Texas. January 13, 2016 article. And: Maine's Republican Governor Resurrects Every Racist Drug War Stereotype. . And: NAACP of California endorses November 2016 ballot measure to legalize marijuana.
- ‘Do I roll it?’ Massachusetts Lawmakers on Colorado marijuana mission.
- Drug test kits used by police are total science fraud: They produce positive results 70% of the time, no matter what is being tested. 
|Handguns cause high U.S. murder rate compared to Canada and Europe.|
|NRA's Mandatory Minimum Sentences created the U.S. Incarceration Nation.|
|Washington Post: Oregon dispute arises from small fires and mandatory minimum sentencing. Irony of white Oregon militias opposing mandatory minimums championed by racist NRA Republicans to target black drug users. And: The Big Lie in the War Against Drugs. "two enemies: the antiwar Left, and Black people."|
|Republicans wasteon drug wars, ground wars, health insurance companies, prison companies, tax breaks for the 1%, and subsidies for oil companies.|
Oregon begins 'motor voter' program. Of course: "Not a single Republican voted in favor." And: More Than a Dozen States Eye Automatic Voter Registration. And: Sanders Blasts U.S. Mass Incarceration as 'International Embarrassment'. . And: Vote in 2016!
|New Republican governor removes voting rights of all felons for their entire lives 1. He also lowered the minimum wage. Keeping people poor and powerless, and shrinking the middle class. More ground wars, prisons, militarized police, fancy courthouses.|
- U.S. Federal Ban Lifted On Medical Marijuana, Provision Lifting The Ban Quietly Placed In The Recent Spending Bill. Or not. . And: Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado .
|Holy War on Drugs, Republican-led mass incarceration. |
Canada's new Liberal government repeats promise to legalize marijuana. "Trudeau’s pledge to cut the tax rate for middle-income earners ... paid for by a tax hike on the wealthiest 1%."
- Mexico issues first permit to grow and use marijuana . And: Canada’s next big move may be legalizing pot.
|Religious ideologues often favor wars, drug wars, oppression of women, and authoritarian governments. Republican fundamentalists and Saudi Wahhabists, for example.|
- Canadian judge fines man $1.30 for growing 30 marijuana plants, calls laws obsolete and ridiculous . Clueless American Republican: Marco Rubio: "[Marijuana] is a more powerful carcinogen than tobacco." . And justice American-style: NYPD cop who killed Eric (I can't breathe) Garner with banned chokehold is still on payroll .
|2016. Bernie Sanders Beats All Top Republican Candidates In Latest Poll. 1. As does Hillary, but not by as much. Imagine Bernie as an independent candidate becoming President. And many legalization initiatives winning. Hillary may need to drop out if she does not catch up.|
|Most Americans want a higher minimum wage, legalized recreational marijuana, and no mass incarceration. Most Republican politicians block all 3.|
|Reduce income inequality (timeline), and Trump's power, by increasing the minimum wage and taxes on the rich. Versus trickle-down economics of Jeb-Bushonomics and Rubionomics.|
|Wikipedia: Comparison of U.S. incarceration rate with other countries.|
|Drug war is also profitable: Prison companies, guard unions, law schools, courthouse construction|
|Dick Cheney would like to thank you for your s̶e̶r̶v̶i̶c̶e̶ business. See Facebook comments|
Washington DC. Pot Over Pills. Hundreds of Soldiers Spend Veteran’s Day Fighting for Pot Legalization . And: Rally by Texas vets calls for legal pot to combat war wounds. And: Vet Faces Felony For Helping Veterans Treat PTSD With Cannabis. . And: What Veterans Want in Healthcare, and Why the GOP Avoids It.
Million Student March for free college tuition and student debt cancellation. See: Transfer of funds from higher education to the War on Drugs. Republicans defund higher education, and delay ending mass incarceration.
How Did the USA Become Incarceration Nation? .And: New Tool Exposes Companies Profiting from Mass Incarceration. &: Hundreds Of Cops Kicked Off Force For Sex Crimes . &: Hillary Clinton Rattles Prison Stocks With a Single Tweet. Mass incarceration and private prisons.
|Bernie Sanders introduces Senate bill to remove marijuana altogether from the federal outlawed drugs list. 184.108.40.206.|
|Quentin Tarantino Blasts Killings by Cops as Nationwide Police State Protest Kicks Off 1. Youtube: Tarantino - War on Drugs is Like Slavery. And: Maps of USA showing areas of violence and oppression.|
Coalition of top cops against mass incarceration  - Home. And: Texas Students Reach For Sex Toys To Protest Concealed Carry Law. --> NRA dildos helped create some of the mandatory minimum sentences responsible for life for pot sentences.
|Where have all the burglars gone? 23. In contrast to NRA and GOP mass incarceration this is lowering crime rates in countries with far lower incarceration rates.|
Hell Freezes Over! Feds to Free Thousands of Drug War Prisoners By Month's End. 46,000 will eventually get early release. Ohio's Republican Attorney General sues Toledo to overturn marijuana decrim .
|Wikipedia: List of U.S. states by incarceration rate.|
- Oregon's first week of recreational pot sales tops $11 million. See: And: Canada's dumbass Prime Minister Stephen Harper calls marijuana 'infinitely worse' than tobacco. And: Canadian election on October 19. A way to stop another anti-cannabis, undemocratically elected Conservative minority government.
- Oregon recreational cannabis sales begin Oct 1, 2015. . And: Pope Francis visits pot inmate, and pisses off Republicans in general . And: ACLU of Ohio endorses marijuana legalization issue .
Willie Nelson secures Wall Street backing for his cannabis brand. And: Republican mayor will veto Albuquerque decriminalization . And California: Melissa Etheridge Wows 'Em At Cannabis World Congress.
- Bernie Sanders introduces Senate bill to end private prisons and federal mandatory minimums (sentencing guidelines) that prevent parole . And: GOP debate fight over marijuana. And: Petition · Southern Poverty Law Center: Classify Fox News as a Hate Group · Change.org. And: Top 50 Most Influential Marijuana Consumers - MPP. And: Cops "Smelled Weed", and Raped Woman Publicly in Gas Station Lot .
|More Than Half Of Jeb Bush's Proposed Tax Cuts Would Benefit The Top 1 Percent. More info.|
- Public Health U-Turn on E-Cigs. 95% to 100% safer than tobacco. And: Smoking Is down among adults and teens. E-cigs are helping. And: Adult smoking levels hit historic low.
Denver. Police are So Scared of Jury Nullification they Defy Judge’s Order and Unlawfully Removed Activists . And: Illinois Governor (Republican) Vetoes Heroin Bill Over Medicaid Treatment Funding. And: Attempted recall of drug-warrior District Attorney of Denver.
|Education saves money, because of much less recidivism. Adulthood could start at 16 or 17, and that high school money saved could be allocated to 1 to 2 years of free college. Little useful for skilled jobs is learned in most poor public high schools. And it is easier to get college loans after passing 1-2 years of free college.|
- First legal ‘Charlotte’s Web’ cannabis oil to go on sale in the UK. Epilepsy and cannabis CBD oil.
- Teen cannabis use 'NOT linked to depression or lung cancer in later life'. And: Study finds that teen marijuana use is not linked to issues of mental health. And: No Link Between Early Marijuana Use And Health Problems Later In Life.
- Oregon. Hillary Clinton with only a narrow lead over Bernie Sanders.
- Marijuana Legalization: 250 Italian Lawmakers Support Cannabis Decriminalization. And: Drug war failure: Greens want Portuguese model in Australia.
- Poll. Bernie Sanders Would Crush Donald Trump In 2016. Facebook .
|During prison visit Obama said it is a fine line between president and prisoner. And: Criminal Justice System 'Skewed By Race And By Wealth'. See more. See: Prison-industrial complex. And: drug war cost. Jobs versus Jails. Obama's overtime rule to raise pay of 5 million. Stop the 1%. President of AFL-CIO: "Mass incarceration is ineffective, racist, and morally bankrupt."|
- Marijuana may be helping to overcome painkiller abuse in America. And: Germany: much lower incarceration & murder rates. Prisons Are Kinder, Safer. . And: House Republicans say no to allowing federal studies of medical marijuana. . And: Chile may be legalizing possession, and home cannabis growing! .
|1915 article in a Utah newpaper.|
|1915: 'The Birth of a Nation'. Originally called The Clansman. First blockbuster movie. Roots of hate radio, Fox News, Nixon's racist Southern Strategy, and racist drug war. 1915: Federal narcotic law enforcement began. Drug war cost.|
- Louisiana reduces marijuana penalties, becomes the first southern state to make medical marijuana available for a wide range of chronically ill patients. .
|2015. 70th anniversary: Victory over fascism. 35th year: Reagan's cannabis war. See: Republicans killing most cannabis legislation (except low-THC) in states. Support legislation.|
600 churches call for an end to the drug war. And: Baltimore narcotics cop reveals all the horrible things he saw on the job. And: Bree Newsome removes Confederate flag from South Carolina Capitol. And: Columbia becomes first U.S. university to divest from prisons. .
- Republicans crushed. Delaware decriminalizes marijuana . Kansas Republicans: Mother Faces 30 Years For Cannabis To Treat Crohn’s Disease. She is losing weight, and sustained an infection in the roof of her mouth . Reaganism collapses: Tax cuts for rich made Kansas broke — so Republicans raise taxes on poor. .
- Black smoke shop owner’s surveillance cameras catch undercover informant planting crack at the behest of cops. .
- Lies of Bush-Cheney . Wars and drug wars. USA: Marijuana prisoners: 40,000+. All drug offenses: 501,000+. Bernie Sanders rips Congress. Millions of seniors go hungry. .
- Christie (R) Aims to Revive Enforcement of Federal Marijuana Law.
- Why America Can’t Kick Its Painkiller Problem . Time magazine cover article. June 15, 2015 issue.
|2015. 100th year: US federal narcotic law enforcement, and Billie Holiday's birth. 2.|
|"Imagine if the government chased sick people with diabetes, put a tax on insulin and drove it into the black market, told doctors they couldn’t treat them, ... and then sent them to jail. If we did that, everyone would know we were crazy. Yet we do practically the same thing every day in the week to sick people hooked on drugs." - Billie Holiday, 1956.|
|The drug war is a religious war against a spiritual plant. That old-time religion, and their crusades.|
- Religious wars. Republican Religious Right's support of drug war. And Iran is executing nearly 2 people a day for drug offenses. And: Saudi Arabia Is Hiring 8 New Executioners. . For drug war executions, too.
- Obama Goes Off And Demands Americans Confront The Issues Behind The Baltimore Riots. . "reforming our criminal justice system so it’s not just a pipeline from schools to prisons; so that we’re not rendering men in these communities unemployable because of a felony record for a nonviolent drug offense."
- Republican Chris Christie: As President I'd 'Crack Down' On Weed.
- Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana . Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.
- Ecuador May Become The Next Country To Decriminalize Drug Use.
- 13 celebrities who are outspoken about their love of cannabis.
- Bill Maher Creates Petition to Make 4/20 a National Holiday. . He delivers a fairy tale for the occasion, 'Twas The Night Before 4/20.'... Video.
- The 9 States Where Marijuana Will Be Legalized Last. Mormons, religious militants, Republicans, The Axis of Evil. How come religious fanatics are destroying the world? Spirituality is fine as long as it is not forced on others.
- Jamaica. Obama answers marijuana question. . Visits Bob Marley museum. That rainbow photo!
Ronald Reagan, 1980 : "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example." - Reaganism: Cannabis war, trickle-down economics, code-word racism, hate radio, mass incarceration.
- CairoScene: Egypt to Legalise Hash? And: Viral Music: Girls Smoke Hash Too. And: Cairo hash dealer.
- Facebook: 2015 Global Marijuana March and 420 events by country. Help turn back 35 years of Reaganism.
- Oregon's automatic registration and mail-in voting defeats Republican opposition. . Cannabis initiatives will benefit as more states do the same.
- USA. Will Republicans ever stop their wasteful spending on drug war, etc.. 
- CIA Just Declassified Document That Supposedly Justified Iraq Invasion.  $6 trillion dollar war. .
- US: Historic Senate medical cannabis bill would also give military vets access. Initial sponsors: 2 Democrats and a Libertarian Republican. S.683. . Will backward Republicans allow it to be voted on by the full Senate?
- Life for Pot Prisoner Larry Duke Released! . Facebook: Life for Pot.
- Proposition 47 has released thousands of nonviolent drug and other prisoners, and saved money. The NRA/Republican mandatory minimum sentencing is being dismantled in California. But not in Louisiana: See: Life for $20 of pot. And this.
- Republicans defeated. Recreational Marijuana Now Legal In D.C.. . Map.
- Bill Maher rips Jeb Bush: He’s still ‘a cynical turd’ on marijuana laws.
- Jeb, Swearing He's His Own Man, Bear Hugs Brother's Failed Foreign Policy. By Congressman Ruben Gallego, 3rd Battalion 25th Marines in Iraq. And: Jeb Bush on Drugs. OnTheIssues.org - Candidates on the Issues. Opposes medical marijuana.
- Report Shows How Bad Wealth and Income Inequality Have Become In America. And: Republican states Increasing Taxes for the Poor and Cutting Them for the Affluent.  .
And you wonder why Republicans bought into the Drug War, or Iraq War, .... New report says conservative chumps sent $50 million to right-wing ‘scam’ groups like SarahPAC. Related article: Embrace your inner blowhard. Be independent! Think for yourself.
- "The Birth of a Nation". 100 years ago in Feb. 1915. First blockbuster movie. Vicious propaganda. The roots of the KKK, modern racism, Nixon's Southern Strategy, racist Republican Drug War.
- Global Cannabis March - Southern Africa. . Cape Town, Johannesburg, Durban, Soweto + more.
- Global Marijuana March Luxembourg. . May 9, 2015.
- 'First ever' Senate bill proposes legal cannabis in France. .
- Automatic voter registration bill passed by Democrats. Republicans oppose. Vote for cannabis!
- No more drug war! Save lots of money, and reduce the incarceration rate. See: Cost of U.S. drug war.
- Obama on marijuana legalization: ‘My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this’. Obama said: "Last year you had the first time in 40 years where the crime rate and the incarceration rate went down at the same time."
- USA. Global Marijuana March (May 2) and 420 events (around April 20). By city.
- Jesse Ventura's State of the Union. . Income inequality, cannabis legalization, drug war.
- Oxfam report says half of global wealth held by the 1%. US Republicans block full legalization since Cannabis Reform is the means to ending the Drug War; the key to Mass Incarceration and mass control. See also: The Great American Hustle: How The One Percent Mauled The Middle Class. .
- Grandpa Doing Life Without Parole—for Pot. . Nazi Republican prosecutor.
- 2015 Global Cannabis March. Cities in France. May 2 or thereabouts.
- Hate radio fact check. Handgun-free France has far lower murder and incarceration rates than the US. Also, no insane NRA-created mandatory minimum drug sentencing.
- Major French Newspaper (Le Monde) Supports Cannabis Legalization. .
- UK: Drug users should NOT be put in prison, says former undercover narcotics cop. See: Law Enforcement Against Prohibition (LEAP).
- Republicans are far behind concerning marijuana legalization, gay rights, minimum wage, police accountability, ending mass incarceration. Hate-filled GOP trolls going out of style?
- 9 Mistakes Stoners Make In The Dating World. "Members of Occupy Weed Street held the first ever sex-ed for stoners class in New York City." Hilarious GIFs.
- Republican Rudy Giuliani Accuses Obama, Black Leaders Of Stoking 'Anti-Police Hatred'. . The 1998 Million Marijuana March started because of him. See Wikipedia: Rudy Giuliani.
- Republican attorney generals of Nebraska and Oklahoma File Federal Suit Against Colorado Over Marijuana Legalization.
- Cannabis liberation and rising income inequality will end Republican Southern Strategy. See: Black-White Wealth Gap at 24-Year High. See Race, ethnicity, and drug war..
- 25,000 March in New York to Protest Police Violence. New York Times. . Photos of huge crowds. Video .
- JFK used medical marijuana while in office. . And Obama said cannabis is safer than alcohol.
- White House Backs Legal Marijuana in DC Video - ABC News. . Loophole found.
- Federal Govt. Won't Stop Native Americans From Growing, Selling Marijuana. .
- Republican-led US House is using a crucial spending bill to block recreational marijuana legalization in DC.
- Republicans need to evolve on state and local marijuana laws.
- Like Mexican cops, US cops have license to kill. Supreme Court Helped Make It Possible To Kill By Chokehold.
- USA: 50+ Cities protesting Plan Mexico, 100,000 murdered in War on Drugs. . Facebook: USTired2. Cities. Video.
- Cop, Angry After Not Finding Drugs, Smashes Man’s Face into His Car, Breaks Teeth. .
- “Killology”. DOJ opposes police outlook of "war", "enemy combatants." Cops, rape, spousal abuse.
- CIA. Wars on demand. Including drug wars. Special discount for wars on brown people.
- "War On Drugs". Trillion Dollars. . "The fact is America really is crazy when it comes to drugs."
- Can Marijuana Cure PTSD? .
- House bill to allow VA and veterans access to medical marijuana . Will Republicans pass it?
- Jesse Ventura: On the US police state. He strongly supports marijuana legalization .
- Canada to Begin Prescribing Heroin to Those Already Addicted. LEAP praises the decision.
- State-run marijuana sales plan survives as left wins Uruguayan election.
- “The Empty Chair at the Holiday Table” Campaign. Moms United to End the War. .
- Chilean moms growing support for medical marijuana.
- Georgia: Democrat files 2 bills to legalize medical marijuana and recreational marijuana.
- New York City: Democrat Mayor de Blasio seeks mail-in payment for pot fines. He stopped Giuliani and Bloomberg's policy of arresting tens of thousands of brown people yearly for cannabis possession. . The Benefits of Fewer NYPD Arrests. See Saturday Night Live video.
- "TheStreet investigates the 8 states likely to next embrace marijuana law reform". With 2014 election results for both major and minor marijuana votes.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney was President.
- 2016 election. "The Blue Wall is a block of states that no Republican Presidential candidate can realistically hope to win. ... Voter turnout was awful. It was more awful for the Democrats but the GOP won 52 percent of 35 percent of the vote: in other words their mandate is 17 percent of the registered electorate (and 13 percent of those eligible to vote)."
- UK conservatives like drug war , and taxing, underpaying, and pillaging the poor and middle class . The US drug war is part of Republican war on the poor and middle class where there has been an incredible transfer of wealth from the bottom 90% to the top 0.1%. See charts:
- VoteMedicalMarijuana.org - poor legislative record of most Republicans.
- Republicans crushed in Oregon. Cannabis made legal . Presidential candidate from Oregon could end cannabis prohibition in 2016. Pew Poll shows support for legalization has increased 11 points since 2010. See Why Prisons Thrive . Also, record wealth inequality .
- Marijuana and minimum wage won big on Tuesday. Exit polls: 63% of voters believe economic system generally favors wealthy.
- Minimum Wage Measures Pass Easily in Four Red (Republican) States.
- Election 2014: Americans Ready to End the War on Drugs.
- It’s official: Marijuana has gone mainstream. Alaska: 74 percent of Democrats. Only 30 percent of Republicans.
- Legalization limbo in D.C.. . Will Republicans block? Willie Nelson: Obama ‘may be happy’ about D.C. legalization. .
- Marijuana and minimum wage win in Alaska.
- Guam legalizes medical marijuana.
- Recreational marijuana passes in Oregon: Oregon election results.
- Maine. South Portland votes to legalize pot for those over 21.
- Michigan. Pleasant Ridge passes pot measure.
- D.C. marijuana legalization on track for easy passage.
- Progressive issues win: Marijuana, minimum wage, gun sale background checks.
- Prison industrial complex infographics. Never forget the Republican leadership.
- Obama’s choice for top DOJ slot has said states could legalize marijuana. . She led ACLU's National Campaign to End Mass Incarceration. The drug war is part of Republican war on the poor: mass incarceration, student debt, disenfranchisement, wealth inequality.
- Oregon, Alaska, and D.C. Vote on Recreational Pot—And It's About More Than Just Getting High.
- 10 Issues Voters Will Be Deciding, From Minimum Wage Bumps To Marijuana Legalization. .
Record high in the Dow, but median wage remains stagnant. . Republicans block cannabis and minimum wage progress.
- Scientists Solve Mystery Of Pot-Smoking Siberian 'Ice Princess'. .
- Texas! Houston. District Attorney Race Too Close To Call. . Democrat Ogg for marijuana possession tickets.
- Oregon: Moms from Oregon, Colorado and Washington Endorse Measure 91 Marijuana Legalization. Hemp News.
- California: Prop. 47: Initiative to reduce prison sentences. And: After California decriminalized marijuana, teen arrest, overdose and dropout rates fell.
- Where marijuana is legalized, decriminalized or on the November ballot. Table. Washington Post.
- Bill Gates Thinks Thomas Piketty's Attack On Inequality Is Right. The Economist agrees. Huffington Post: Key Inequality Measure Highest Since Great Depression.
Voting for most Republicans keeps boots on the ground longer: In cannabis wars, in Sunni-Shia holy wars, in cultural wars of the Religious Right in the USA. It all distracts from the failure of trickle-down economics  of the 1%.
- 60-second interview: Actor and comedian Tommy Chong. "No longer counter-culture, now I call it over-the-counter culture."
If a bigot like Henry Ford can figure out higher wages (and hemp), maybe so can the do-nothing Republican Congress.
- D.C.: Marijuana Legalization Initiative Receives Major Labor Endorsements. Hemp.org - Hemp News.
Running an economy is simple. The free market concentrates wealth. So progressive taxation is a necessity. Along with a living minimum wage. If money is constantly recycled, then people have money to spend, and unemployment is low. Also, there is less crime, and less spending for police, courts, and prisons. So more money goes to individuals to keep the economy running.
- Millions of Americans to vote on marijuana legalization. Travel guru Rick Steves campaigns. . USA Today.
Astounding Percentage Disapprove Of GOP. Some reasons: Republican politicians, private prisons, and sheriffs still want cannabis war. Obama says let states decide. House voted (with only a few Republicans) to let states alone on medical cannabis.
- 2014: State Ballot Measures to Watch. In Kiplinger's Personal Finance. "Minimum wage, marijuana and abortion measures".
- Tommy Chong Explains Plan to Win!  on Dancing with the Stars. .
- Courts, Republican Politicians Sowing Voter Confusion for Election Day. BillMoyers.com.
- How come Brazil has Presidential runoff elections, but the backward USA does not?.
A Crucial Election Season for Legalizing Marijuana and Ending the Drug War - state-by-state info. See also: VoteMedicalMarijuana.org - poor record of most Republicans. Scoring of legislative records of candidates. See: VoteForMarijuana.net - Help fill another database of politicians' records concerning cannabis. . See: Vote Hemp.
- Spain: Basque Parliament Urges Government To Formally Legalize, Regulate Cannabis Clubs.
- Ecuador Frees Thousands Of Drug Mules. . President Correa's father was a drug-war POW in 1970s USA. NBC News.
- Alaska, Oregon and District of Columbia Should Legalize Pot. Editorial board of New York Times.
- Ballot initiatives can boost turnout 8%. Big 2014 issues are marijuana and minimum wage.
- Minimum wages around the world. By PolitiFact.com. See graphics too. -->>
Majority Of Employers Say Raise The Minimum Wage. So why do Republicans block it?
- Americans Have No Idea How Bad Inequality Is. Drug war is war on poor. See infographic.
- Holder's Legacy: Steering Away From the Drug War and Mass Incarceration. .
- Marijuana advocates start their 2016 legalization fight in California today. .
- Battle to control Senate remains deeply competitive. Colorado Republican is now behind in polls.
- Colorado. Hardline Republican sneaking into Senate. . Voted against allowing medical cannabis in states.
- McConnell opposes medical marijuana. Grimes (Democrat) supports discussion. .
U.S. Election, November 4, Tuesday. Absentee and Early Voting. State-by-state info. . Turnout matters! State-by-state voter registration deadlines. See: Online registration.. And, Voter Registration by mail. CanIvote.org ~ Are you registered, and where is my polling place.
- Attorney general questions if marijuana should be in same legal category as heroin. .
- Will Illinois be 17th state to decriminalize? Democrat Rahm Emanuel in favor. .
- New Mexico court OKs marijuana ballot questions. Republicans opposed their inclusion.
- Alaska. Prominent Republicans fundraise for anti-Prop 2 group "Big Marijuana, Big Mistake".
- Marijuana: Italian Army to Grow Cannabis for Medical Purposes. International Business Times.
- Italy to Grow Medical Cannabis; Free Prisoners. . Release 10,000 pot prisoners. .
- Pussy Riot stops in Ann Arbor. . Fighting for prisoners' rights. Boston: .
- Reagan-era Reefer Madness regime: The NFL's Hazy Logic on Marijuana. Cannabis is safer.
- Illinois NORML 'Appalled' That GOP Candidate Would Delay Medical Marijuana Access.
- County opts for pot, tax questions on ballot. Albuquerque, New Mexico. 3-2 vote along party lines; Democrats in the majority.
- World Leaders on the Drug War: Legalize It! "Decriminalization and legal regulation of not just cannabis but as many of the drugs that are currently illegal as possible, with the understanding that some drugs may remain too dangerous to decriminalize". .
- Can Marijuana Legalization End Domestic Violence?.
- The U.S. Drug War. Republicans lead. 25th anniversary of Papa Bush's War on Drugs escalation speech on 5 Sept. 1989. The first prime time address of his presidency. Result: CNN, Sept. 3, 2014: Life sentence for buying weed? More cases: LifeForPot.com.
- Saudi Arabia beheads 4 for pot.. Religious Right: Supported Life for Pot. . Newt Gingrich wanted executions.
- Dumb and dumber 2. George and Jeb Bush. Jeb Bush opposes Florida medical marijuana initiative..
- Oregon Sheriff’s Association campaigns against ballot initiative. August 16, 2014. . Vote Yes on 91..
- Crazy Florida Republicans : Medical Marijuana Cookies Could Lead To Date Rape. August 14, 2014. .
- Congressional Republicans Rail Against Legalization Of Marijuana. See their 1965 to 2012 cannabis war chart (above).
- U.S. Republicans and Religious Right desperately trying to rewrite history of their costly support for drug war, Iraq War WMD lies, militant Christian Zionism, Israeli settlers stealing land , Israeli apartheid , renewal of centuries-old Sunni-Shiite civil wars, and rampant death squads on both sides. .
- 2 Incarceration Nations (USA and Russia) itching for war. Maps. . Costs. . News.
- Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions . Worldwide peace movement against more wars:
- Israeli intelligence veterans refuse to serve in Palestinian territories. .
- Latin America comes out in force against Israel . By AFP. A Plea for Peace. By Javier Bardem. .
- U.S.: 80 Organizations Come Together To Protect the Kids and End the Drug War. .
- US war costs: Drug war, Iraq war, Afghanistan war, and Gaza wars .
- Lobbyists: Private prisons, guards, military industries, Russian nationalists, Israel lobby.
- Dolphins 'Deliberately Get High' on Puffer Fish Nerve Toxins.
- Uruguay First Country to Legalize Marijuana Industry.
- Hundreds of nonprofit cannabis clubs in Spain. New York Times. . Info.
- Iceland number one in cannabis use in Scandinavia. . U.S. Republicans terrified of regional free thinking?! Map explains how the world smokes pot. How’s that Poverty Wage Working for You? By Green Party of Colorado. . The Pitchforks Are Coming… For Us Plutocrats - Nick Hanauer. . See video.
- World Health Organization for Portuguese-style drug decriminalization! .
- World’s Saddest Polar Bear. . Free polar bears, Palestinians, drug offenders! Death camps.
- New York Times Calls for Marijuana Legalization.
- Feds Approve Early Release Of 46,000 Drug Prisoners. ThinkProgress. Info:  .
- John Boehner to sue Obama over enforcing federal marijuana laws, etc. .
- House Republicans block funding for D.C. marijuana decriminalization .
- Gov. Christie (R) will "probably" not treat states well that have legalized marijuana .
- GOP's Biggest Donor funding Reefer Madness campaign in Florida election .
- Republicans still lying about Iraq . Wars they started: Drug War and Iraq war: The trillions of dollars lost, and millions of families broken.
- End Mass Incarceration Now. New York Times: "Astounding economic cost". ••• NPR: Court fees ruining lives of millions of adults and children; debtors' prisons cost more than fees paid; another clueless and costly Republican "war on crime" idea  . ••• Republicans Assail Obama Administration's Tolerance of Marijuana Legalization  . ••• U.S. House Republicans Launch Attack on DC Marijuana Decriminalization Law . ••• House GOP passes bill to force Obama to stop legal pot in states. 
- Make U.S. Republicans end the drug war. A multi-trillion dollar waste. Republican-led drug war causes astronomical U.S. incarceration rate.
- Petition | Clemency for Timothy Tyler, life for a nonviolent drug offense | Change.org.
- Can Medical Marijuana Keep Democrats Alive? By Associated Press.
- Rescheduling cannabis will not lower penalties, nor protect states from GOP.
- Pew poll shows Americans want harsh 'War on Drugs' ended.
- Pot Legalization Measures Will Pull In More Democrat Voters, Poll Finds. 
- Police divert efforts to other crimes due to marijuana law. Much money saved.
- California: Democratic Party Platform Calls For Marijuana Legalization.   .
- Dems rally around marijuana in 2014 push. A Winning Issue For 2014 elections.
- Senate gallery erupts in laughter at police chief citing hoax story about cannabis deaths.
- Republican governor doubles down on drug war, and vetoes child hunger program.
- President Obama Casts Ugly Glare on Race-Tainted Drug War. It's Republican led.
- Legalizing Marijuana. Most Popular House Bill. 16 Democrats. Only 1 Republican.
- Maine Could Elect First Senator To Support Legalization. Democrat Shenna Bellows.
- Kelly Thomas verdict: anger grows after police acquitted. See Youtube video of beating. OK to beat drug users to death (Kelly was not high at time of arrest). Drug user exception to excessive force rules against hitting arrestees in the head with fists, batons, flashlights, butt of stun guns, and smashing head against pavement.
- Thomas Paine's winter soldier . Abandoned due to Republican-led drug wars.
- US Drug War. Cruel and unusual punishment: Many vets discharged from service due to PTSD, etc., and drug and alcohol problems, are refused VA health care. See NPR series .
- Death rate unusually high for young veterans. LA Times, 20 Dec 2013.
- Vets For Medical Cannabis Access. See Vets for Issue 64. Youtube: .
- The GOP War on Christmas. Republicans cut food stamps, but do little to end costly mandatory minimum sentencing, or to roll back the bankrupt Republican-led drug war.
Oliver Stone (emphasis added):
Oliver Stone: JFK conspiracy deniers are in denial. You decide. The U.S. police state has expanded greatly in the last 50 years since JFK's killing.
- Man Dies In Jail Cell After Misdemeanor Pot Offense. Also: CNN. And lawsuit.
- 58% Say Legalize Marijuana in Latest Gallup Poll.
- Man Gets "20 Years Hard Labor" for Half Ounce of Pot. September 24, 2013.
- 21 Ways the Canadian Health Care System is Better than Obamacare. Ralph Nader.
- Tea Party for Canadian healthcare and Portuguese harm reduction? One wishes it were true since it would save a lot of money.
Russia: Pussy Riot. Nadezhda Tolokonnikova's hunger strike. September 2013.