|News. - 2018 global events.2017.|
|See: More news. Archive. News sources. Facebook: Global Marijuana March . Hashtags: . Twitter: .
- Share links: 2014 election or 2014election. This article was written by Timeshifter. See: U.S. Drug War. Republicans lead. And: Vote for cannabis.
- VoteForMarijuana.net - Help fill another database of politicians' records concerning cannabis.
- 2014. VoteMedicalMarijuana.org - poor record of most Republicans. Scoring of legislative records of candidates. Facebook.
- U.S. Election, November 4, Tuesday. Absentee and Early Voting. State-by-state info. . Turnout matters! State-by-state voter registration deadlines. See: Online registration.. And, Voter Registration by mail. CanIvote.org ~ Are you registered, and where is my polling place.
- Smoke the Vote. NORML election info for 2014.
- A Crucial Election Season for Legalizing Marijuana and Ending the Drug War. State-by-state voter initiatives. The Huffington Post.
- 2014 Ballot Initiatives. Marijuana Policy Project (MPP).
- "TheStreet investigates the 8 states likely to next embrace marijuana law reform". With 2014 election results for both major and minor marijuana votes.
- 2016 election. "The Blue Wall is a block of states that no Republican Presidential candidate can realistically hope to win. ... Voter turnout was awful. It was more awful for the Democrats but the GOP won 52 percent of 35 percent of the vote: in other words their mandate is 17 percent of the registered electorate (and 13 percent of those eligible to vote)."
- Republicans crushed in Oregon. Cannabis made legal . Presidential candidate from Oregon could end cannabis prohibition in 2016. Pew Poll shows support for legalization has increased 11 points since 2010. See Why Prisons Thrive . Also, record wealth inequality .
- Marijuana and minimum wage won big on Tuesday. Exit polls: 63% of voters believe economic system generally favors wealthy.
- Minimum Wage Measures Pass Easily in Four Red (Republican) States.
- Election 2014: Americans Ready to End the War on Drugs.
- It’s official: Marijuana has gone mainstream. Alaska: 74 percent of Democrats. Only 30 percent of Republicans.
- Legalization limbo in D.C.. . Will Republicans block? Willie Nelson: Obama ‘may be happy’ about D.C. legalization. .
- Marijuana and minimum wage win in Alaska.
- Guam legalizes medical marijuana.
- Recreational marijuana passes in Oregon: Oregon election results.
- Maine. South Portland votes to legalize pot for those over 21.
- Michigan. Pleasant Ridge passes pot measure.
- D.C. marijuana legalization on track for easy passage.
- Progressive issues win: Marijuana, minimum wage, gun sale background checks.
- Prison industrial complex infographics. Never forget the Republican leadership.
- Obama’s choice for top DOJ slot has said states could legalize marijuana. . She led ACLU's National Campaign to End Mass Incarceration. The drug war is part of Republican war on the poor: mass incarceration, student debt, disenfranchisement, wealth inequality.
- Oregon, Alaska, and D.C. Vote on Recreational Pot—And It's About More Than Just Getting High.
- 10 Issues Voters Will Be Deciding, From Minimum Wage Bumps To Marijuana Legalization. .
Record high in the Dow, but median wage remains stagnant. . Republicans block cannabis legislation and minimum wage increases.
- Texas! Houston. District Attorney Race Too Close To Call. . Democrat Ogg for marijuana possession tickets.
- Oregon: Moms from Oregon, Colorado and Washington Endorse Measure 91 Marijuana Legalization. Hemp News.
- California: Prop. 47: Initiative to reduce prison sentences. And: After California decriminalized marijuana, teen arrest, overdose and dropout rates fell.
- Where marijuana is legalized, decriminalized or on the November ballot. Table. Washington Post.
- Bill Gates Thinks Thomas Piketty's Attack On Inequality Is Right. The Economist agrees. Huffington Post: Key Inequality Measure Highest Since Great Depression.
Voting for most Republicans keeps boots on the ground longer: In cannabis wars, in Sunni-Shia holy wars, in cultural wars of the Religious Right in the USA. It all distracts from the failure of trickle-down economics  of the 1%.
- 60-second interview: Actor and comedian Tommy Chong. "No longer counter-culture, now I call it over-the-counter culture."
If a bigot like Henry Ford can figure out higher wages (and hemp), maybe so can the do-nothing Republican Congress. Running an economy is simple. The free market concentrates wealth. So progressive taxation is a necessity. Along with a living minimum wage. If money is constantly recycled, then people have money to spend, and unemployment is low. Also, there is less crime, and less spending for police, courts, and prisons. So more money goes to individuals to keep the economy running.
- Millions of Americans to vote on marijuana legalization. Travel guru Rick Steves campaigns. . USA Today.
Astounding Percentage Disapprove Of GOP. Some reasons: Republican politicians, private prisons, and sheriffs still want cannabis war. Obama says let states decide. House voted (with only a few Republicans) to let states alone on medical cannabis.
- 2014: State Ballot Measures to Watch. In Kiplinger's Personal Finance. "Minimum wage, marijuana and abortion measures".
- Tommy Chong Explains Plan to Win!  on Dancing with the Stars. .
- Courts, Republican Politicians Sowing Voter Confusion for Election Day. BillMoyers.com.
- Alaska, Oregon and the District of Columbia Should Legalize Pot. Editorial board of the New York Times.
- Ballot initiatives can boost turnout 8%. Big 2014 issues are marijuana and minimum wage.
- Minimum wages around the world. By PolitiFact.com.
Majority Of Employers Say Raise The Minimum Wage. So why do Republicans block it?
- Americans Have No Idea How Bad Inequality Is. Drug war is war on poor. See infographic.
- Holder's Legacy: Steering Away From the Drug War and Mass Incarceration. .
- The battle to control the Senate remains deeply competitive. Colorado Republican is now behind in polls.
- Colorado. Hardline Republican sneaking into Senate. . Voted against allowing medical cannabis in states.
- McConnell opposes medical marijuana. Grimes (Democrat) supports discussion. .
- Attorney general questions if marijuana should be in same legal category as heroin. .
- Will Illinois be 17th state to decriminalize? Democrat Rahm Emanuel in favor. .
- New Mexico court OKs marijuana ballot questions. Republicans opposed their inclusion.
- Alaska. Prominent Republicans fundraise for anti-Prop 2 group "Big Marijuana, Big Mistake".
- Reagan-era Reefer Madness regime: The NFL's Hazy Logic on Marijuana. Cannabis is safer.
- Illinois NORML 'Appalled' That GOP Candidate Would Delay Medical Marijuana Access.
- County opts for pot, tax questions on ballot. Albuquerque, New Mexico. 3-2 vote along party lines; Democrats in the majority.
- Turnout matters! Florida Medical Marijuana Initiative Still Leads In Latest Poll. .
- The U.S. Drug War. Republicans lead. 25th anniversary of Papa Bush's War on Drugs escalation speech on 5 Sept. 1989. The first prime time address of his presidency. Result: CNN, Sept. 3, 2014: Life sentence for buying weed?
- Saudi Arabia beheads 4 for pot.. Religious Right: Supported Life for Pot. . Republican Speaker of the United States House of Representatives Newt Gingrich wanted executions.
- Dumb and dumber 2. George and Jeb Bush. Jeb Bush opposes Florida medical marijuana initiative..
- Oregon Sheriff’s Association campaigns against ballot initiative. . Vote Yes on 91..
- Crazy Florida Republicans : Medical Marijuana Cookies Could Lead To Date Rape..
- Congressional Republicans Rail Against Legalization Of Marijuana. See their 1965 to 2012 cannabis war chart (above).
- U.S.: 80 Organizations Come Together To Protect the Kids and End the Drug War. .
- New York Times Calls for Marijuana Legalization.
- Feds Approve Early Release Of 46,000 Drug Prisoners. ThinkProgress. Info:  .
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year from 2006 to 2010. . See: Cannabis is safer.
- John Boehner to sue Obama over enforcing federal marijuana laws, etc. .
- House Republicans block funding for D.C. marijuana decriminalization .
- Gov. Christie (R) will "probably" not treat states well that have legalized marijuana .
- GOP's Biggest Donor funding Reefer Madness campaign in Florida election .
- End Mass Incarceration Now. New York Times: "Astounding economic cost". ••• NPR: Court fees ruining lives of millions of adults and children; debtors' prisons cost more than fees paid; another clueless and costly Republican "war on crime" idea  . ••• Republicans Assail Obama Administration's Tolerance of Marijuana Legalization  . ••• U.S. House Republicans Launch Attack on DC Marijuana Decriminalization Law . ••• House GOP passes bill to force Obama to stop legal pot in states. 
- Make U.S. Republicans end the drug war. By David Sirota. Salon.com. "If Republicans want to pretend they're for less government, let's force them to get serious about it."
- Can Medical Marijuana Keep Democrats Alive? By Associated Press.
- Pew poll shows Americans want harsh 'War on Drugs' ended.
- Pot Legalization Measures Will Pull In More Democrat Voters, Poll Finds. 
- Police divert efforts to other crimes due to marijuana law. Much money saved.
- California: Democratic Party Platform Calls For Marijuana Legalization.   .
- Dems rally around marijuana in 2014 push. A Winning Issue For 2014 elections.
- President Obama Casts Ugly Glare on Race-Tainted Drug War. It's Republican led.
- Legalizing Marijuana. Most Popular House Bill. 16 Democrats. Only 1 Republican.
- Maine Could Elect First Senator To Support Legalization. Democrat Shenna Bellows.
- Thomas Paine's winter soldier . Abandoned due to Republican-led drug wars.
- Drug War. Cruel and unusual punishment: Many vets discharged from service due to PTSD, etc., and drug and alcohol problems, are refused VA health care. See NPR series .
- Death rate unusually high for young veterans. 20 Dec 2013. Los Angeles Times.
- Veterans For Medical Cannabis Access.