|Poll. US voters support single payer Medicare-for-all 51 - 38 percent. As do doctors. See: Australian single payer. And: It costs less. Bernie Sanders videos: A Republican senator challenged a Canadian doctor on their single-payer health care. 2. Chart: Portugal's drug decriminalization. 2.|
- Share links: 2014 election or 2014election. This article was written by Timeshifter. See: U.S. Drug War. Republicans lead. And: Vote for cannabis.
- VoteForMarijuana.net - Help fill another database of politicians' records concerning cannabis.
- 2014. VoteMedicalMarijuana.org - poor record of most Republicans. Scoring of legislative records of candidates. Facebook.
- U.S. Election, November 4, Tuesday. Absentee and Early Voting. State-by-state info. . Turnout matters! State-by-state voter registration deadlines. See: Online registration.. And, Voter Registration by mail. CanIvote.org ~ Are you registered, and where is my polling place.
- Smoke the Vote. NORML election info for 2014.
- A Crucial Election Season for Legalizing Marijuana and Ending the Drug War. State-by-state voter initiatives. The Huffington Post.
- 2014 Ballot Initiatives. Marijuana Policy Project (MPP).
- "TheStreet investigates the 8 states likely to next embrace marijuana law reform". With 2014 election results for both major and minor marijuana votes.
- 2016 election. "The Blue Wall is a block of states that no Republican Presidential candidate can realistically hope to win. ... Voter turnout was awful. It was more awful for the Democrats but the GOP won 52 percent of 35 percent of the vote: in other words their mandate is 17 percent of the registered electorate (and 13 percent of those eligible to vote)."
- Republicans crushed in Oregon. Cannabis made legal . Presidential candidate from Oregon could end cannabis prohibition in 2016. Pew Poll shows support for legalization has increased 11 points since 2010. See Why Prisons Thrive . Also, record wealth inequality .
- Marijuana and minimum wage won big on Tuesday. Exit polls: 63% of voters believe economic system generally favors wealthy.
- Minimum Wage Measures Pass Easily in Four Red (Republican) States.
- Election 2014: Americans Ready to End the War on Drugs.
- It’s official: Marijuana has gone mainstream. Alaska: 74 percent of Democrats. Only 30 percent of Republicans.
- Legalization limbo in D.C.. . Will Republicans block? Willie Nelson: Obama ‘may be happy’ about D.C. legalization. .
- Marijuana and minimum wage win in Alaska.
- Guam legalizes medical marijuana.
- Recreational marijuana passes in Oregon: Oregon election results.
- Maine. South Portland votes to legalize pot for those over 21.
- Michigan. Pleasant Ridge passes pot measure.
- D.C. marijuana legalization on track for easy passage.
- Progressive issues win: Marijuana, minimum wage, gun sale background checks.
- Prison industrial complex infographics. Never forget the Republican leadership.
- Obama’s choice for top DOJ slot has said states could legalize marijuana. . She led ACLU's National Campaign to End Mass Incarceration. The drug war is part of Republican war on the poor: mass incarceration, student debt, disenfranchisement, wealth inequality.
- Oregon, Alaska, and D.C. Vote on Recreational Pot—And It's About More Than Just Getting High.
- 10 Issues Voters Will Be Deciding, From Minimum Wage Bumps To Marijuana Legalization. .
Record high in the Dow, but median wage remains stagnant. . Republicans block cannabis legislation and minimum wage increases.
- Texas! Houston. District Attorney Race Too Close To Call. . Democrat Ogg for marijuana possession tickets.
- Oregon: Moms from Oregon, Colorado and Washington Endorse Measure 91 Marijuana Legalization. Hemp News.
- California: Prop. 47: Initiative to reduce prison sentences. And: After California decriminalized marijuana, teen arrest, overdose and dropout rates fell.
- Where marijuana is legalized, decriminalized or on the November ballot. Table. Washington Post.
- Bill Gates Thinks Thomas Piketty's Attack On Inequality Is Right. The Economist agrees. Huffington Post: Key Inequality Measure Highest Since Great Depression.
Voting for most Republicans keeps boots on the ground longer: In cannabis wars, in Sunni-Shia holy wars, in cultural wars of the Religious Right in the USA. It all distracts from the failure of trickle-down economics  of the 1%.
- 60-second interview: Actor and comedian Tommy Chong. "No longer counter-culture, now I call it over-the-counter culture."
If a bigot like Henry Ford can figure out higher wages (and hemp), maybe so can the do-nothing Republican Congress. Running an economy is simple. The free market concentrates wealth. So progressive taxation is a necessity. Along with a living minimum wage. If money is constantly recycled, then people have money to spend, and unemployment is low. Also, there is less crime, and less spending for police, courts, and prisons. So more money goes to individuals to keep the economy running.
- Millions of Americans to vote on marijuana legalization. Travel guru Rick Steves campaigns. . USA Today.
Astounding Percentage Disapprove Of GOP. Some reasons: Republican politicians, private prisons, and sheriffs still want cannabis war. Obama says let states decide. House voted (with only a few Republicans) to let states alone on medical cannabis.
- 2014: State Ballot Measures to Watch. In Kiplinger's Personal Finance. "Minimum wage, marijuana and abortion measures".
- Tommy Chong Explains Plan to Win!  on Dancing with the Stars. .
- Courts, Republican Politicians Sowing Voter Confusion for Election Day. BillMoyers.com.
- Alaska, Oregon and the District of Columbia Should Legalize Pot. Editorial board of the New York Times.
- Ballot initiatives can boost turnout 8%. Big 2014 issues are marijuana and minimum wage.
- Minimum wages around the world. By PolitiFact.com.
Majority Of Employers Say Raise The Minimum Wage. So why do Republicans block it?
- Americans Have No Idea How Bad Inequality Is. Drug war is war on poor. See infographic.
- Holder's Legacy: Steering Away From the Drug War and Mass Incarceration. .
- The battle to control the Senate remains deeply competitive. Colorado Republican is now behind in polls.
- Colorado. Hardline Republican sneaking into Senate. . Voted against allowing medical cannabis in states.
- McConnell opposes medical marijuana. Grimes (Democrat) supports discussion. .
- Attorney general questions if marijuana should be in same legal category as heroin. .
- Will Illinois be 17th state to decriminalize? Democrat Rahm Emanuel in favor. .
- New Mexico court OKs marijuana ballot questions. Republicans opposed their inclusion.
- Alaska. Prominent Republicans fundraise for anti-Prop 2 group "Big Marijuana, Big Mistake".
- Reagan-era Reefer Madness regime: The NFL's Hazy Logic on Marijuana. Cannabis is safer.
- Illinois NORML 'Appalled' That GOP Candidate Would Delay Medical Marijuana Access.
- County opts for pot, tax questions on ballot. Albuquerque, New Mexico. 3-2 vote along party lines; Democrats in the majority.
- Turnout matters! Florida Medical Marijuana Initiative Still Leads In Latest Poll. .
- The U.S. Drug War. Republicans lead. 25th anniversary of Papa Bush's War on Drugs escalation speech on 5 Sept. 1989. The first prime time address of his presidency. Result: CNN, Sept. 3, 2014: Life sentence for buying weed?
- Saudi Arabia beheads 4 for pot.. Religious Right: Supported Life for Pot. . Republican Speaker of the United States House of Representatives Newt Gingrich wanted executions.
- Dumb and dumber 2. George and Jeb Bush. Jeb Bush opposes Florida medical marijuana initiative..
- Oregon Sheriff’s Association campaigns against ballot initiative. . Vote Yes on 91..
- Crazy Florida Republicans : Medical Marijuana Cookies Could Lead To Date Rape..
- Congressional Republicans Rail Against Legalization Of Marijuana. See their 1965 to 2012 cannabis war chart (above).
- U.S.: 80 Organizations Come Together To Protect the Kids and End the Drug War. .
- New York Times Calls for Marijuana Legalization.
- Feds Approve Early Release Of 46,000 Drug Prisoners. ThinkProgress. Info:  .
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year from 2006 to 2010. . See: Cannabis is safer.
- John Boehner to sue Obama over enforcing federal marijuana laws, etc. .
- House Republicans block funding for D.C. marijuana decriminalization .
- Gov. Christie (R) will "probably" not treat states well that have legalized marijuana .
- GOP's Biggest Donor funding Reefer Madness campaign in Florida election .
- End Mass Incarceration Now. New York Times: "Astounding economic cost". ••• NPR: Court fees ruining lives of millions of adults and children; debtors' prisons cost more than fees paid; another clueless and costly Republican "war on crime" idea  . ••• Republicans Assail Obama Administration's Tolerance of Marijuana Legalization  . ••• U.S. House Republicans Launch Attack on DC Marijuana Decriminalization Law . ••• House GOP passes bill to force Obama to stop legal pot in states. 
- Make U.S. Republicans end the drug war. By David Sirota. Salon.com. "If Republicans want to pretend they're for less government, let's force them to get serious about it."
- Can Medical Marijuana Keep Democrats Alive? By Associated Press.
- Pew poll shows Americans want harsh 'War on Drugs' ended.
- Pot Legalization Measures Will Pull In More Democrat Voters, Poll Finds. 
- Police divert efforts to other crimes due to marijuana law. Much money saved.
- California: Democratic Party Platform Calls For Marijuana Legalization.   .
- Dems rally around marijuana in 2014 push. A Winning Issue For 2014 elections.
- President Obama Casts Ugly Glare on Race-Tainted Drug War. It's Republican led.
- Legalizing Marijuana. Most Popular House Bill. 16 Democrats. Only 1 Republican.
- Maine Could Elect First Senator To Support Legalization. Democrat Shenna Bellows.
- Thomas Paine's winter soldier . Abandoned due to Republican-led drug wars.
- Drug War. Cruel and unusual punishment: Many vets discharged from service due to PTSD, etc., and drug and alcohol problems, are refused VA health care. See NPR series .
- Death rate unusually high for young veterans. 20 Dec 2013. Los Angeles Times.
- Veterans For Medical Cannabis Access.
2017 Global Marijuana March and 420
May 6, 2017, Saturday, or thereabouts. And April 20 (4/20), or thereabouts. Rallies and marches overall change public opinion for the better! See: Cannabis polls.
- 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. - Worldwide.
- USA. 2017 Global Marijuana March and 420 city list. - USA.
- 420 event lists. - Worldwide.
|US states that have legalized|
as of November 2016 election.
Cannabis is safer
|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech 1: "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."|
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
USA. Republican war on cannabis
The Cannabis War is over and the U.S. Republican Party has lost. They may not know it yet, so keep marching, lobbying, and voting! Please register and vote! See: Reagan's War on Cannabis. And: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Alternatives to Republican-led mass incarceration.
Vermont's Republican Governor Scott Vetoes Marijuana Legalization bill of Democrat legislature. May 24, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes a bill that would have allowed medical marijuana for opioid addiction. April 7, 2017. And: New Mexico's Republican governor vetoes the 911 Good Samaritan Overdose Prevention Bill. April 7, 2017. And: Idaho's Republican governor vetoes a broadly-supported asset forfeiture reform bill. April 7, 2017.
|U.S. Republican Party: Greed, Ground Wars, Drug Wars, and Mass Incarceration.|
- Missouri's Republican governor signs state law lowering St. Louis minimum wage. . July 3, 2017. And: Iowa's Republican governor signs law overturning local minimum wage increases. March 30, 2017.
Presidents alone can not reschedule it
- See main article: Presidents alone can not reschedule marijuana.
The president alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so. But Congress removed help for veterans: . And Congressional committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis. See: Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape.
- Wikipedia: Drug Enforcement Administration. See "Criticism" section.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Removes Marijuana Misinformation From Website After Months of Pressure. By Steve Elliott. Feb 13, 2017.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate." Maybe in 2018?
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
Drug war, control, mass incarceration
|See: Drug war, control, and Republican-led income inequality. And: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. 2. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money. And: Senator Kamela Harris push for bail reform.|
|Rundle Won't Charge Prison Guards Who Allegedly Boiled Schizophrenic Black Man to Death for 2 Hours in Shower. Death Ruled An Accident. Documents Show They Omitted Key Details. Florida inmate in for cocaine possession. 2345. Due to lack of single-payer universal healthcare the mentally ill end up incarcerated and untreated. Prison costs far more than caring for them to begin with. For their non-violent offenses three-quarters of Americans favor ‘rehabilitation’ over jail time, survey finds. |
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|Wikipedia: Population milestone babies.|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|
Single Payer. Half the cost of Trumpcare
20 million uninsured: 20,000+ deaths yearly
Portugal. Few die of overdoses
- Bernie Sanders' projection of 'thousands' of deaths from lost health coverage is well-supported. By Louis Jacobson. June 27, 2017. Politifact. See article sidebar for many sources. .
- See: Canadian single-payer healthcare and Portuguese drug decriminalization.
Portugal has decriminalized all drugs. Like Canada it has universal healthcare. See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links. See: Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal and Wikipedia: Health in Portugal. Nearly all of the European Union (EU) has universal healthcare. . See: List of countries with universal health care.
Source for above chart: Are any conservatives in the US for a single payer and a universal health care system, or can they not coexist? Chart is from comment around March 11, 2017 by Dan Munro, "author of Casino Healthcare and Forbes contributor".
Canada passes US in middle-class wealth. Median after-tax middle-class income in Canada is higher. . Why? Canadians pay so much less for far better healthcare. And:
The $0 Alternative To Trumpcare. See chart below. USA versus top ten healthiest nations.
2015 article by Chris Ingraham. Chart below is from the article.
"The country has 3 overdose deaths per million citizens, compared to the EU average of 17.3."
- Overdose stats for the rest of the world.
- Wikipedia charts: Drug-related death statistics. See the upload page.
- Overdose Death Rates. National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Charts.
- These Are the Drugs That Cause the Most Overdose Deaths. Chart.
- Our nation’s drug overdose problem, in five bleak charts.
- How the opioid epidemic became America’s worst drug crisis ever, in 15 maps and charts.