- Share link: boise
|See 2015, 2016 Global Cannabis March. Photos 1.|
Social media, Facebook Edit
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
- Idaho. Cannabis-related links.
- Home - Global Marijuana March.
- MEHEMP - Musicians & Entertainers Helping End Marijuana Prohibition.
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Boise.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Boise.
- Wikitravel: Boise.
- WeBeHigh.org: Cities by region and nation. By U.S. state. Or search.
- WeBeHigh.org -
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 866 different cities have signed up from 78 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
- Facebook: Boise, Idaho's Global Marijuana March 2012.
- Boise: Rev Tom Hayes (208)384-1421 org: Musicians & Entertainers Helping End Marijuana Prohibition MEHEMP(at)aol.com http://www.mehemp.tv
- Photos: http://gmmboise.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=5136657
- Report: http://ja-jp.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=75370817437
- Boise: Rev Tom Hayes (208)384-1421 org: Musicians & Entertainers Helping End Marijuana Prohibition MEHEMP(at)aol.com http://www.mehemp.tv - May 3 Rally starts at 2PM Julia Davis Park entrance on Capitol blvd. March begins 4PM. to the statehouse steps, at 4:20 guest speakers.. Be there or Be Square!!!
- Photos: http://gmmboise.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=4994515
- Link: http://www.mehemp.tv
- Preview: The Rally starts at 2pm, at the entrance to Julia Davis Park, on Capitol Blvd. The March to the Capitol bldg. starts at 4pm, we will march to the statehouse steps and the speeches will start at 4:20pm. See www.mehemp.tv for more info.
- Photos: http://gmmboise.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=5016898
- Report (from old GMM site):
Everything went ok. We had approximately 200 people attend the Rally and well over 100 stayed and participated in the actual march to the statehouse steps. However ..the Press totally let us down and did not cover us AT ALL ...nor did the Governor acknowledge any of my correspondence. He never replied to my letters asking for either a formal or an informal meeting. I sent both electronic and snail mail formal letters. I have a record of them and witnesses. I sent press releases to ALL the media outlets I could think of including all the private e-mails of the local television reporters at every station. Last year we got positive press coverage from the local ABC & FOX affiliates, they interviewed me, which I saved on TIVO. This yr we didn't even get a mention.
But there were some good points at the rally and march ...we had a lot of drive by support .... thousands of people came by and honked as they drove by and saw are "Honk if you Inhale" & "Honk 4 Hemp", signs. Even the local Fire dept. (BFD) heheh ... Honked when they went by ..and the Driver looked me square in the eye and gave me a thumbs up and smiled when he honked. so I KNOW he was a supporter.... "Where there's Smoke there's Fire, eh" LOL ... and the Boise Police were very cordial, we had NO hassles and No violations and NO ARRESTS!!! thank goodness.... I had one bicycle cop come by and ask me to make sure that we kept everyone off the road way and to use the crosswalks.
We did have one minor hassle when we got to the statehouse steps the Capitol police officer, some young lady, told us we couldn't be there. LOL We informed her that we do this every year ...and that even though the building was undergoing renovation and was closed inside... that we still had the right to gather out on the steps and that we already had permission since they had full knowledge of this event for several years ...as well as several weeks recent notice. She called her supervisor and cleared it with him ....and she let me know ...Half way through my speech ..LOL ... that we could continue....hehehe you got to love the government they don't know anything ..or even suspect anything ..with all this interagency co-operation LOL what a joke they are. an annoying joke but anyway...hehehe I'll be posting pictures of the event on my web site www.mehemp.org I am also now a member of LEAP. and will be one of the contacts here in Idaho for them also as well as the MPP and Your organization cures-not-wars.org
- Report (from old international GMM site):
We sorta got rained out. it poured here all that week and getting anyone to show up for it was hard on short notice, I had a week to throw something together and since only about 25-30 people showed up, about 20 of which stayed for the duration of what turned into a rally rather than a March.., it ran from 2 pm to 4:20 pm at which time we went to another location to dry off....lol but we had fun ...a lot of people drove by and honked their horns in support of our cause. (we had some, "Honk if you Inhale" posters up.... we were at a great location on Capitol Blvd. about 3 blocks in front of the Capitol building. next to the river....in front of the local Art museum & the public Library. all in all it wasn't too bad...we had fun ... No news coverage at all...
I'm gonna double what we had last year...and that was over 100, I'm gonna shoot for 300 at least.
Sincerely: FloorTom Hayes (Guerilla Drummer)
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video. Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.  .
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
- Holder's Legacy: Steering Away From the Drug War and Mass Incarceration. .
- In January 2015 U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder halted most of the federal Equitable Sharing program. For the most part state and local law enforcement could no longer use the program to bypass state laws restricting forfeiture. It was fully suspended in December 2015.
Obama can not reschedule marijuana by himself Edit
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. Dec. 28, 2015. Leafly.
Drug-war mass incarceration Edit
- See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|See articles: Cannabis prisoners and Drug war cost charts, infographics, and links.|
Incarceration rates. Nations, states Edit
- List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate. List combines nations and U.S. states. States and nations are ranked by incarceration rate.
Drug war plus trickle-down economics Edit
|Drug war + Trickle-down Reaganomics, = mass incarceration and mass control.|
|See article: Trickle-down economics plus drug war.|
2016 election and marches Edit
2016 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. Public opinion wins elections. So get out and march!
|Register and vote for cannabis in 2016.|
|Register to vote. Support legislation and ballot initiatives. Vote out most Republicans in 2016.|
USA Today: 11 states least likely to legalize marijuana. Republican states across the nation.
|Marijuana in the South: A State-by-State Guide. Republicans created a THC-free south.|
|Vermont may be the first state to legalize recreational cannabis via the legislature. Vermont has Democrat governor and legislature. 1. 2. 3.|
Canadian single-payer healthcare and Portuguese drug decriminalization Edit
|An economist says Bernie's universal healthcare would save over 10 years. A Chicago Tribune healthcare article: In Europe, Sanders would be center-right. And: Nurses Applaud New Sanders Plan for Healthcare for All. 2.3.|
- Killer Mike and Bernie Sanders Have a Barber-Shop Chat About Free Health Care, and Ending The War on Drugs. Youtube. Facebook: ColoradoCare Yes. On ballot in 2016. ColoradoCareYES.co - ColoradoCare would cover all residents and cost less than the current system. One primary payer. Sanders says Clinton fails to mention that 'Medicare for all' (Single Payer) saves families about $5000 a year in premiums, deductibles, and co-pays.
- See: Wikipedia: Health in Portugal and Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal. See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links.
|Cut taxes by ending the drug war, the final "U.S. ground war". Cut Republican big spending: Wars, drug wars, US healthcare costs, and incarceration costs. See: Business people for Single-payer Healthcare. Fed up with uncontrollable costs of U.S. healthcare.|
Canada's new Liberal government repeats promise to legalize marijuana. "Trudeau’s pledge to cut the tax rate for middle-income earners ... paid for by a tax hike on the wealthiest 1%."
|Repeal insurance-based Obamacare. Replace with Canadian-style Single-payer Healthcare. 1. Obamacare regulates health insurance companies. Canada has dumped most of those companies.|
ColoradoCare. "Colorado could make history next November by being the first state in the nation to approve a comprehensive single-payer health insurance system. ... This health insurance coverage has no deductibles and no co-pays." 1.2.