|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
- Texas. Cannabis-related links
- Texas Hemp Campaign.
- Texas Marijuana March Gallery ‹ Texas NORML.
City info Edit
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 872 different cities have signed up from 80 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
See GMM: basic city lists, detailed city lists, graphics, photos, maps, regions, links, years. Google images: Crowds, flyers: Marcha da Maconha. And: Marche Mondial du Cannabis. And: Global Marijuana March.
|2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
The May 5th 2012 Marijuana March brought to you by Texas NORML will begin at 12:00pm Noon.
- We will meet at City Hall on Cesar Chavez and march down Congress with our banners, posters and voices loudly heard!
- We will arrive at the Capitol steps and Rally from 1:00pm to 3:00pm.
- Guest speakers will be there to discuss drug policy reform.
- Guest bands will play counter culture inspired music to entertain.
- Bring your hacky sack, a tie dye t-shirt and a spirit of change.
- View photo gallery of previous Texas Marijuana Marches.
Together we CAN make a difference.
- NORML Marijuana March.
- Texas Marijuana March ’12 ‹ Texas NORML.
- Map of march route
If you would like to join thousands of Texans flooding the streets of Austin in the name of cannabis reform, please join us this year on May 1. We will convene at Wooldridge Square Park at Ninth and Guadalupe in downtown Austin around 10:00 AM.
Please note that this year’s crusade WILL NOT be held at Zilker Park. We have enjoyed the last few years at Zilker’s Pecan Grove, however, thanks to the overwhelming response from cannabis consuming Texans statewide, our expected attendance this year will exceed the maximum capacity of the park.
We are happy to be able to host our event in this historical park. We will speak to you all from the same stage that Lyndon B. Johnson announced his bid for the presidency from. Over a century ago, the park was used as a city dump. So, to ensure that we don’t turn it into a dump again, we will have recycling stations at each corner of the park.
Remember, we are trying to show the world that cannabis consuming Texans are respectable people (which we are), and that we deserve to be treated as such in the eyes of the law. (which we currently are not) Please conduct yourself accordingly.
Things you can/should bring
Blanket, Bongo, Positive Vibes, Protest Sign(s), Sunscreen, Water, Folding Chair, Umbrella (just in case), Money, A Lighter, Phone, Camera, Well written letter to your State Representative explaining your position on cannabis, etc.…
Things you should not bring
Negative Vibes, Weapons, Pets (Unless absolutely necessary), Drugs, etc.…
There is limited available free parking. The metered parking spots in downtown are free of charge on weekends, but they will fill up fast. Austin residents are advised to check bus schedules or car pool to assist with the limited parking issue.
There are a number of pay to park garages within walking distance from the park. Below is a map of the local parking garages. Remember, you will have to pay to park in these garages.
If you are planning on traveling in from out of town and need a hotel room, below is a map, listing several hotels in Austin.
Mark your calendar, and recruit as many of your cannabis consuming compadres to join you at THE THIRD ANNUAL TEXAS CANNABIS CRUSADE on May 1!
- Austin: Hector Sanchez hector(at)outgrowbigbro.org 512-553-0420 TexisCannabisCrusade.com . High Noon March from Zilker Park to the Capitol Building for a free concert/rally for legalization on the South Steps. We will then return to Zilker Park for MacGuyver Bong-making Competition with music and food until 9:00 PM.
- Photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=131257&id=184393347359
- Photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=122180&id=99611849173
Austin: Hector Sanchez hector(at)outgrowbigbro.org or Brad(at)TexasNORML.org 512-902-4447 . March from Zilker Park to the Capitol Building for a free concert/rally for legalization on the South Steps. We will then return to Zilker Park for a "Pot Luck for Pot Love" with music and food until 9:00 PM.
Report and photo:
- Photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=131255&id=184393347359
- Photos: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=122179&id=99611849173
- Report (from old GMM site): Our march was a huge success. We had several hundred people show up. It was a 12 hour festival from 10 AM - 10 PM, with 8 bands and 5 speaking guests. We made the front page of the daily Texan, and we were KEYE's "Big Story" (CNS 42- Austin) at 6:00 and 10:00 PM. So thanks for keeping us listed as the contact here, and of course we are planning on hosting next year.
- NORML Marijuana March. This 2012 article discusses the May 1, 1999 and May 6, 2000 marijuana marches.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Obama alone can not reschedule it Edit
- See main article: Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.
Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.  . Since HHS (Health and Human Services) and the DEA (Drug Enforcement Administration) have again declined to reschedule or deschedule cannabis, then only Congress can do so.
- Wikipedia: Removal of cannabis from Schedule I of the Controlled Substances Act.
- DEA Pulls Back From Calling Marijuana One Of The 'Most Dangerous Drugs'. By Cody Fenwick. August 16, 2016. Patch Media
- The Science behind the DEA's Long War on Marijuana. 19 April 2016. Scientific American. Unless Congress acts, the DEA has final say on rescheduling or descheduling marijuana.
- Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally to Loosen Restrictions. By Alicia Ault. 23 Mar 2016. Medscape. The committee leaders refuse hearings on CARERS bill to reschedule cannabis.
Pot Matters: For Legalization, Set Your Sights on the Senate. 23 Mar 2016. By Jon Gettman. "it will be helpful, and indeed crucial, for advancing legalization for Democrats to take control of the Senate."
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. 28 Dec 2015. Leafly.
2016 election and marches Edit
2016 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. Public opinion wins elections. So get out and march!
|Register and vote for cannabis in 2016.|
|Republicans are busy filing retrograde drug bills across the land. Republicans want to put a conservative drug warrior on the Supreme Court to replace Antonin Scalia, and to reinvigorate their drug war. Supreme Court rejects conservative challenge to Colorado marijuana law from Republican states. 2.|
USA Today: 11 states least likely to legalize marijuana. Republican states across the nation.
|Marijuana in the South: A State-by-State Guide. Republicans created a THC-free south.|
Drug-war mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail.|
Canadian single-payer healthcare and Edit
Portuguese drug decriminalization Edit
|ColoradoCare. 2. It would cover all residents and cost less than the current system. One primary payer, and no deductibles and no co-pays. See: Business people for Single-payer Healthcare. Fed up with uncontrollable costs of U.S. healthcare.On ballot in 2016:|
- Canada has saved trillions of dollars by eliminating the middleman, the health insurance companies.
|Canada's single-payer universal healthcare costs less per person than U.S. healthcare. 220.127.116.11.. For more countries and charts: 6.7.. And the USA has lower average life expectancy than the OECD average (OECD = developed economies). 8.. Click chart to enlarge:|
- Medical Bills Still Take A Big Toll in USA, Even With Insurance. NPR. March 8, 2016.
Green love Edit
- Abortion Rates Dropped Sharply. What Caused It?
- Free birth control under ObamaCare.
- Colorado’s Effort Against Teenage Pregnancies Is a Startling Success. Free birth control.
|Republicans think they can spend an infinite amount of money on health-insurance-company-based healthcare, and have an , to feed their appetite for , and for more inmates for more prisons for|
|As with cannabis legalization Colorado leads the way.. More info. 2.3..|