- Share link: www.cannabis.wikia.com/athensgreece
|See 2014 Global Cannabis March, and 420 city lists.|
- Astounding Percentage Of Americans Disapprove Of GOP. Why do Republican politicians (and private prisons and sheriffs) still want boots on the ground in the war on recreational cannabis; while Obama says let states decide. The U.S. House voted (with only a few Republicans) to let states alone on medical marijuana.
See Facebook: Global Marijuana March. See: Cannabis news sources. And: Cannabis and 2014 U.S. election, November 4, Tuesday.
- A Crucial Election Season for Legalizing Marijuana and Ending the Drug War. The Huffington Post.
- Alaska. Roster of prominent Republicans attend fundraiser for anti-Proposition 2 group "Big Marijuana, Big Mistake".
- Italy to Grow Medical Cannabis and Free Prisoners. . Will release 10,000 pot prisoners. .
- Pussy Riot's most notorious members make a stop in Ann Arbor. . Fighting for prisoners' rights. Boston: .
- Reagan-era Reefer Madness regime: The NFL's Hazy Logic on Marijuana. Cannabis is safer.
- Illinois NORML 'Appalled' That GOP Gubernatorial Candidate Would Delay Medical Marijuana Access.
- County opts for pot, tax questions on ballot. Albuquerque, New Mexico. 3-2 vote along party lines; Democrats in the majority.
- World Leaders' Proposal for Winning the War on Drugs: Legalize It! . "Decriminalization and legal regulation of not just cannabis but as many of the drugs that are currently illegal as possible, with the understanding that some drugs may remain too dangerous to decriminalize". .
- Election 2014! Vote for Tommy Chong on Dancing with the Stars. .
- Can Marijuana Legalization End Domestic Violence?.
- 2014. VoteMedicalMarijuana.org - evaluate candidates based on their legislative records. Scoring system. Facebook.
- U.S. Election, November 4, Tuesday. Absentee and Early Voting. State-by-state info. Turnout matters! State-by-state voter registration deadlines. October 3 in many states! See: Online registration.. And, Voter Registration by mail. CanIvote.org ~ Are you registered, and where is my polling place.
|More cannabis-related links, city lists, and graphics.|
Social media, Facebook Edit
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
- YouTube search: Athens legalize
- Greece. Cannabis-related links.
- legaliseprotestival.blogspot.com - legalise cannabis protestival Greece.
- iliosporoi.net - Ηλιόσποροι.
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Athens
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Athens
- Wikitravel: Athens
- WeBeHigh.org: Cities by region and nation. By U.S. state. Or search.
- WeBeHigh.org -
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 845 different cities have signed up from 75 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
Right-click any region for its city list.
GMM, May 11–12:
- 8ο ΑΝΤΙΑΠΑΓΟΡΕΥΤΙΚΟ ΦΕΣΤΙΒΑΛ ΑΘΗΝΑΣ - ATHENS LEGALIZE PROTESTIVAL 2012.
- Ετοιμάζοντας το Αντιαπαγορευτικό φεστιβάλ Αθήνας.
- Facebook: Athens Legalize Protestival 2011 - Αντιαπαγορευτικό Φεστιβάλ Αθήνας.
- legalise cannabis protestival greece: Αγωνιζόμαστε για το απαγορευμένο, διεκδικούμε το αυτονόητο.
Athens: iliosporoi(at)yahoo.gr http://www.legaliseprotestival.blogspot.com 0030 697 77 05 226 (mobile) Michalis Iliosporoi (Young Greens) Alternative InfoAction Youth Network on Political and Social Ecology.
Legalize Cannabis Protestival:
Athens: iliosporoi(at)yahoo.gr http://www.legaliseprotestival.blogspot.com 0030 697 77 05 226 (mobile) Michalis Iliosporoi (Young Greens) Alternative InfoAction Youth Network on Political and Social Ecology. . Friday, May 1, Colloquium on Cannabis Ecology; Saturday, 17:00 to 20:00 hs, Hemp carnival parade & festival...
Athens: iliosporoi(at)yahoo.gr http://www.legaliseprotestival.blogspot.com 0030 697 77 05 226 (mobile) Michalis Iliosporoi (Young Greens) Alternative InfoAction Youth Network on Political and Social Ecology. . Friday, May 2, Colloquium on Cannabis Ecology; Saturday, 17:00 to 20:00 hs, Hemp carnival parade & festival...
- More than 10,000 people in 2008!
- Photos, graphics:
Global Marijuana March 2008 event in Athens, Greece.
- More than 10,000 people in 2007!
- Link: http://www.myspace.com/iliosporoi
- Video: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=11297989
- Video: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=11294895
- Report (from old GMM site):
This year was a great success.... we organised a non stop event that started on Friday 5th at 22.00 and ended on Sunday 6th at 24.00... more than 7000 people attended the venue... apart from non-stop music from more than 35 bands, music selectors and performers we had information stalls with pro-legalisation material from all around Europe, cannabis books, comic exhibition from Yorgos / Canamo- Barcelona, on-going growing workshop and stall with hydroponic gear, many stalls with handicrafts, mystic pizza- with cannabis flower, continuous information from the libertarian rehabilitation center (member of ENCOD), a chai shop, jugglers, etc...
Considering the fact that during the same days was the realisation of the 4th ESF participation was great (more than double than last year) and many positive vibes... police was absent at all times and everybody was smiling... we tried to create an ephemeral creative free zone within Athens and we achieved it,
and because the Mayor came to shut down the music on Sunday due to our phat non-stop music and two bands did not manage to play, we decided to host a legalise cannabis after party on 10 of June in the Polytechnic school (see the attached poster) with the subtitle "like we would wait for one more year to party!"
- Report (from old GMM site):
The first legalize ganja event in Athens, Greece, in the framework of the Million Marijuana March became a reality on Saturday 7 of May 2005. The party started at 3 pm and finished at 3 am.
A different no-war fiesta for liberation, non-violence, for respect of personal rights and freedoms, for respect of collective expression.
Our slogan: Prohibit prohibitions for humane, just and effective drug policies.
3000 happy faces declared singing that we are not ganja users like we are not users of fruits and vegetables. WE are consumers, and very critical and aware ones.
Our extravaGANJA gathered Greece's reggae scene for the first time all united. Live bands: One Drop, Locomondo, Atiko Minus, Soulfire.
Music Selectors: Anna Mystic, Everlast, Rasta Youth, A.H2O, WhoAmI, THC Soundsystem, Dance Without Complex (4est/ Gregory K.), Reeko, Crystalzero.
We all agreed that this is the first step for a network of collectives and individuals asking for ganja freedom and a humane drug policy reform.
ONE LOVE!!! Next year stronger and more …
|More info, tips, links, and |
media of all kinds.
Note: Update any section of this page. Feel free to add sections for years, events, legal initiatives, history, people, organizations, gatherings, and so on. Add links and info of all kinds. Some sources: Category:Cannabis-related events, GMM yearly city lists, GMM links, wikipedia:Category:Cannabis activism, cannabis culture, etc.. Also, search the web (add city to search) for cannabis activism, groups, 420 events, harvest festival events, ballot initiatives, court cases, etc.. Add links for reports, articles, photos, graphics (posters, banners, flyers), videos, press, media coverage, etc.. Upload photos and graphics. You can help: Category:Work in progress. See also: Video help and search links.
Incarceration rates Edit
|See list of incarceration rates by country (b c). Compare the rates. Due to the Drug War the USA has the highest incarceration rate in the world. See cost of U.S. drug war: 1.5 trillion dollars! Let's Break the Taboo! Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
The purple elephant in the room:
Cost of drug warEdit
|Cost of U.S. drug war. Even $1.5 trillion dollars is conservative since many crimes are committed in order to get money for drugs. Correction costs alone averaged $30,600 per inmate in 2007. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Economics - Drug War Facts. See: 32 Reasons Why We Need To End The War On Drugs - Business Insider. See: The Budgetary Impact of Ending Drug Prohibition.|
Breaking the Taboo Edit
- Share link: taboo
Home Page (BreakingTheTaboo.info). More info . See TabooBreakers on Twitter. See Global Commission on Drug Policy and Facebook page. Quotes from video clips on the trailer: President Richard Nixon: "total war against public enemy number one". President Ronald Wilson Reagan: "When we say no to drugs it will be clear that we mean absolutely none". President George H.W. Bush: "Some think there won't be room for them in jail. We'll make room". Morgan Freeman: "Since 1971 2.5 trillion dollars have been spent on the War on Drugs". Look who's breaking the taboo: Richard Branson, Kate Winslet, Sam Branson, Morgan Freeman, and many more. See also: MarijuanaMajority.com. Share link. Full version in English is no longer available online. Hey Richard Branson, George Soros, or whoever, please buy it and put it back online!
Quentin Tarantino Edit
| Quentin Tarantino. Video:|
War on Drugs is Like Slavery.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama said (correctly) that cannabis is safer than alcohol:
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year from 2006 to 2010. .