|See 2014, 2015 Global Cannabis March. Crowd photos.|
|"The Birth of a Nation" in 1915, 100 years ago. First blockbuster movie. Roots of hate radio, Fox News, Nixon's racist Southern Strategy. And racist drug war. And federal narcotic law enforcement began in 1915.|
- Louisiana reduces marijuana penalties, and becomes the first state in the South to make medical marijuana available for a wide range of chronically ill patients. . And: 600 churches call for an end to the drug war. And: Baltimore narcotics cop reveals all the horrible things he saw on the job. And: Bree Newsome removes Confederate flag from South Carolina Capitol. And: Columbia becomes first U.S. university to divest from prisons. .
- Republicans crushed. Delaware decriminalizes marijuana . Kansas Republicans: Mother Faces 30 Years For Cannabis To Treat Crohn’s Disease. She is losing weight, and sustained an infection in the roof of her mouth . Reaganism collapses: Tax cuts for rich made Kansas broke — so Republicans raise taxes on poor. .
|2015. 70th anniversary: Victory over fascism. 35th year: Reagan's cannabis war. See: Republicans killing most cannabis legislation (except low-THC) state by state. Support legislation. See: Prison-industrial complex infographics. Jobs versus Jails. Obama's overtime rule to raise pay of 5 million workers.|
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
Social media, Facebook Edit
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Antwerp.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Antwerp.
- Wikitravel: Antwerp.
- WeBeHigh.com: Antwerp.
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 848 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|2014, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
- Facebook: Cannabis Bevrijdings Dag.
- Cannabisbevrijdingsdag 5 Mei in Antwerpen. @ Cannabis Social Club @
Antwerp: Joep Oomen info(at)encod.org Tel. 00 32 (0)3 293 0886 (ENCOD), Lange Lozanastraat 14, 2018 Antwerpen, Belgium http://www.encod.org 14.00 at Vrijdagmarkt : picnic with hempsoup, info stand, & free pot plant.
Antwerp: Joep Oomen info(at)encod.org Tel. 00 32 (0)3 293 0886 (ENCOD), Lange Lozanastraat 14, 2018 Antwerpen, Belgium http://www.encod.org 14.00 at Vrijdagmarkt with: REALITY EXPERIMENT - RIO DE AMBERES - ZOUNDZ - HET DWANGBUIZERDEFFECT - SHANTI B + JAKKE & Philippe Decraene (DAK), Kris Verdonck (Trekt Uw Plant), Jos Nijsten (Cannaclopedia), Joep Oomen (ENCOD) picnic with hempsoup, info stand, & free pot plant.
GMM, May 4:
Article, photos, comments: http://indymedia.be/nl/node/27343
- Report (from old GMM site): Dear friends,
Today at the Worldwide Marijuana March in Antwerp 4 members of Trekt Uw Plant got arrested on the accusation that they planted a seed and some others because they were protesting against this arrest. Details will follow later. Meanwhile everyone is safe and free after 6 hours of detention and interrogation, the manifestation could continue and was visited by 150 people. The manifestation that was not intended as a blow in (open air cannabis consumption room), became a blow in after the intervention of the police, as a natural consequence of the fact that people came together on that place and the fear of the police for further escalation.
Books, T-shirts and flyers have all been confiscated, as well as 84 seeds, and four people at (each less than the officially tolerated 3 grams) cannabis on him. The police action seems to be politically motivated by the lord mayor of Antwerp, Patrick Janssens (also known as El Kapoen), who apparently ordered this directly without consulting the prosecutor nor the public order section of the Antwerp police force, who had given us permission to realize the event knowing perfectly well what we were going to do: plant a seed of one cannabisplant for each member of the Trekt Uw Plant association.
The event has been filmed - there will be scenes from it available soon.
- Report (from old GMM site):
The GMM in Antwerp, Belgium, on 13 may was a modest manifestation: only a handful of people showed up. The weather was fine, but fear was in the air: Two days before in Antwerp, a man of 18 had shot three people because of the colour of their skin and killed two of them. And as always in Flanders, people have difficulties in showing publicly their support for legal cannabis. One of the major political forces here, the fascist-oriented nationalist party Vlaams Belang, had announced a counter-demonstration, and the local police showed up the with the usual performance. Currently, Vlaams Belang has 34% of the votes in Antwerp, it could very well come to power at the next elections.
The positive news is that we obtained great press coverage (articles in two national newspapers, local television) and for a change, positive media coverage!
One of the objectives of the GMM in Antwerp was the presentation of a new association of cannabis consumers and producers, called "DRAW UP YOUR PLANT", that would start a collective plantation in the coming months. The new association wants to use the principle of giving each adult member the opportunity to grow 1 plant, which according to Belgian legislation, would fit in the category "cultivation for personal use" which has the "lowest priority of persecution".
The new association is planning to start its plantation in June, so when the local elections in Antwerp will take place in October, it would be the time of harvesting.
- Report (from old GMM site):
We had a lot of bad luck: heavy rain and wind, the early hour (chosen in order not to compete with Gay Parade in Brussels and a music festival close to Antwerp), late start of publicity campaign as the authorities delayed the permission for weeks, the fact that we could not start in time because unexpectedly, there was a funeral going on in a church close to the venue, the overwhelming presence of police (at least a 100 cops, water cannons, many officers in civilian at or around the place) and a counter demonstration by the Flemish Block Youth Party, a fascist party we have here in Flanders (Dutch speaking part of Belgium).
The theatre started before we even had built our stage. Around the planned hour of start of the event the approx. 10 counter demonstrators came marching on to the square. When the police tried to stop them, they threw a stink bomb, that spread quickly because of the wind. When they found out that this was affecting mostly the crowd who was just saying goodbye to a dead relative, the counter demonstrators disappeared quickly.
Half an hour later we could finally start with entertaining presentations, music, explanation of the Belgian cannabis law, music, high class poetry by the anti-stress poet and witnesses of the war on drugs.
At best, there may have been some 30 participants. But among them several journalists, who covered the event in newspapers and a local TV station and included that this was an event to denounce the war on drugs.
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer.
- He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
- Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video. Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President of the USA.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015. Obama also said: "Last year you had the first time in 40 years where the crime rate and the incarceration rate went down at the same time."
- Holder's Legacy: Steering Away From the Drug War and Mass Incarceration. .
- U.S.: Attorney General Eric Holder Ends Incentive For Law Enforcement To Seize Property.
Reagan's war on cannabis Edit
|Drug war + Trickle-down Reaganomics, = mass incarceration and mass control.|Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech : "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."
|2015. The 70th anniversary of victory over fascism. The 35th anniversary of Reagan's war on cannabis.|
Cost of drug warEdit
- See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Drug war charts and maps. See: cannabis arrests.
|See article: Drug war cost charts, infographics, and links.|
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|