|See 2015, 2016 Global Cannabis March. Photos 1.|
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
- Oklahoma. Cannabis-related links.
- home.americansforcannabis.com/oklahoma.html - Oklahoma For Cannabis - Americans For Cannabis.
- dprnok.net - Drug Policy Reform Network of Oklahoma.
City info Edit
- Google Maps: Alva.
- Google images.
- Wikipedia: Alva.
- Wikitravel.org: Alva.
- WeBeHigh.org: Cities by region and nation. By U.S. state. Or search.
Global Marijuana March Edit
GMM (years signed up). This city participated or signed up one year (or more) for the Global Marijuana March (GMM), or the Million Marijuana March (MMM). 225 cities from 42 nations signed up for May 4, 2013 or thereabouts.175 cities from 33 nations signed up for May 5, 2012 or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 event lists. 866 different cities have signed up from 78 different nations since 1999.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|2016, 2015 Global Marijuana March. Crowd photos. Facebook|
| Right-click any region for its city list.|
Repeal Cannabis Prohibition Rally/Sign Wave
- Facebook Fan Page: Alva Oklahoma, Cannabis Closet
- Facebook Event Page: Global Marijuana March 2012 - Alva Oklahoma.
- Website: Americans For Cannabis/Oklahoma
- Challenge: A challenge for Oklahoma to get 20 cities on the list for May 2009 at: http://www.potforfreedom.com/oklahomaprotest.html Oklahoma now has 4 cities on the list Alva, Edmond, Lawton and Tulsa...
- Upcoming Alva Oklahoma Protest: May 2009: http://www.potforfreedom.com/alva.html
- Other Oklahoma Cities: May 2009, Edmond: http://www.potforfreedom.com/edmond.html
Alva, Oklahoma (population around 5,000): Keary Prophet firstname.lastname@example.org 580 327 1577
- Links: http://www.potforfreedom.com http://www.potforfreedom.com/oklahomaprotest http://ok4cannabis.ning.com
- MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/kmkprophet http://www.myspace.com/alvaprotest
- Photos: http://cannabis.wikia.com/wiki/Image:DIGI0009low.jpg
- Video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=wbJH8Tm7RAU
- Report: The Alva protest had about 12-15 people show up and hold signs. That's about 10 or 12 more than last year. This year's protest was approved by the Woods County Commissioners. Two of the three agreed to let the protest proceed as planned. I would just like to thank all the brave souls who came out and protested. "THANKS"!! for an archive of the Alva Oklahoma Protest please go to http://potforfreedom.com/alvaarchive.html
Written by: Keary Prophet. Ok, just let me start by thanking all who came and showed support and helped make our signs and stood before our community proudly. You guys don't know how much i needed you not only to support the cause but support my undying effort to inform our community about the flawed and unconstitutional Marijuana laws..
I had all but given up hope anyone would show up and help with these efforts when the first person arrived and told me more will be here in a little while. I was so relieved!! I mean it when i say you guys and gals are a credit to the community. You're the greatest. Thanks!!
As for the few who came from afar and decided maybe our efforts weren't good enough.. well shame on you for not sticking around and making our small crowd just a little bigger. You drove a long ways for nothing? why?
Next year please just put your city on the list and have your own protest. I think if you did that it would gather plenty of attention and get your community informed and evolved or at least instill thoughts into there minds that maybe these laws are unjust and unconstitutional. Just something to think about. No hard feeling here guys!! I understand maybe you expected something bigger or more exiting and that's Ok I understand.
People of my community... what the heck happened? are you not convinced yet these laws need to be changed? or that we need to protect our sick and dying?
maybe you don't believe marijuana is medicine. maybe you don't care that hemp can save our planet and reverse greenhouse effects. Maybe you like being slaves to DuPont Petrochemicals, Pharmaceuticals and the Oil and Gas Industries.
So what message would you rather send the rest of the community that building prisons is cool with you and locking non-violent criminals up is good for Society. Your cool with the outrageous gas prices and Global Warming, the violation of our Civil Rights on a mass scale..
Of course all this is just an assumption but what do you expect?
A Girl Scout Cookie? a pat on the back for leaving your fellow countrymen hanging in our most desperate time of need? You all should be ashamed of yourselves!!! As far as i'm concerned your non action in this time of need is completely Un-American. What happened to the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave?
On another note, I think we did great things Saturday despite the odds. We had a lot of people giving us the thumbs up, taking our pictures, Honking for Hemp, and a few came and got some information about cannabis/hemp/marijuana. one lady even asked if we were taking donations..
We didn't make the paper this year but that's probably cause I have been in it a few times in the last couple months. Getting this protest approved by our Commissioners was a big step forward and that got some attention from the press. Then in an attempt to get the word out about the upcoming protest and Oklahoma medical marijuana laws i wrote a letter to the editor which got printed the next day and just 2 or 3 day before the protest.. Maybe they thought i was getting a little to much attention on this issue.
Anyways thanks again to all who came out..
P.S. all my writing are rough drafts. Deal with it!!!
- Link: http://www.potforfreedom.com/oklahomaprotest
- MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/alvaprotest
- Forum and blog: Report, and partial scan of newspaper article (2 photos).  
- Press: Two newspaper articles on one page. One article has a photo.
- Press: "Local Coalition fights marijuana march planned for Alva". By Helen Barrett. May 2, 2008. Alva Review/Courier.
- Report: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/mmmworld/message/592
- Report (from old GMM site):
There was a very low turnout of only 3 people at the protest this year despite my best efforts to get my community involved. After 5 months of preparation and hard work the protest in Alva didn't Last long. Thanks to what i feel was a major Violation of our Civil Rights by the Woods County Sheriffs Department. First a Sheriffs Deputy came over and said, "Get your things and get off the lawn now. You can't be on County Property, Get off the lawn and don't let me catch you on it again or I will arrest you." He was obviously angered at our presence. He then took a poster down that I had regretfully placed on a piece of city property and started walking off with it, when I asked him if I could have it back he said, "it's mine now." And about 45 minutes to an hour later Someone from the Woods County Commissioners Office came by along with another Sheriffs Deputy. They had a letter that stated we could not be on County Property without insurance. Then the Sheriff Deputy told us we had to be at least 21 feet from the corners of the streets. I already felt violated by the fact the first officer stole my sign and said we couldn't be on the lawn. Then to come at me with this bogus letter about insurance, and some crud about being 21 foot from the curb. It was all just a bunch of B.S. to snub us out and make it hard for us to protest. I told the officer "we are just trying to have a peaceful protest and its the damn police that aren't being peaceful." So we went and talked to our Lawyer and found out that they indeed could not stop us from being on the lawn or from having our protest. He said if insurance was the issue then everyone who stepped on the lawn would have to have it, and our Right to protest laws we don't like is a protected Right. We also have a Right to Free Speech. I have two words that come to mind about this whole situation "TYRANNY AND OPPRESSION." "To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men. " -Abraham Lincoln
A small Marijuana Protest in Alva Oklahoma didn't last long due to the Sheriffs Department and a newly formed coalition calling itself the " Woods County Coalition" who in an article in the local newspaper vowed to "FIGHT" the planned marijuana Protest in Alva. And even listed the prior Drug Arrest Record of (Keary Prophet) the organizer of the protest in an attempt to smear his name and his credibility. Alva's Sheriffs Department was happy to assist the Woods County Coalition in the "FIGHT" to stop the Protest it seems. Trying every thing from telling the Protesters they could not be on the Courthouse Lawn and making them move to the sidewalk area then saying they had to be at least 21 feet away from the corner of the street,and then they produced a letter that said the Protesters had to have insurance coverage. The Protesters Lawyer informed them there was no legality in the letter as far as he could tell and that the Sheriffs Department could not prevent them from protesting on the courthouse lawn.
Written By: Keary Prophet on May 7, 2007.
- Links: http://www.potforfreedom.com http://ok4cannabis.ning.com http://www.myspace.com/alvaprotest
- Photos: http://gallery.marihemp.com/alva2006mmm
- Press: "Pro-Hemp Demonstration Held Saturday." By Lynn L. Martin. May 7, 2006. Alva Review/Courier. With photo.
- Report: This was the first marijuana protest to ever take place in Alva Oklahoma. We made local history with this one!!
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video. Obama alone can not reschedule marijuana.  .
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
- Holder's Legacy: Steering Away From the Drug War and Mass Incarceration. .
- In January 2015 U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder halted most of the federal Equitable Sharing program. For the most part state and local law enforcement could no longer use the program to bypass state laws restricting forfeiture. It was fully suspended in December 2015.
Obama can not reschedule marijuana by himself Edit
- FDA Weighs in on Rescheduling Cannabis. By Ben Adlin. Dec. 28, 2015. Leafly.
Drug-war mass incarceration Edit
- See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|See articles: Cannabis prisoners and Drug war cost charts, infographics, and links.|
Incarceration rates. Nations, states Edit
- List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate. List combines nations and U.S. states. States and nations are ranked by incarceration rate.
Drug war plus trickle-down economics Edit
|Drug war + Trickle-down Reaganomics, = mass incarceration and mass control.|
|See article: Trickle-down economics plus drug war.|
2016 election and marches Edit
2016 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. Public opinion wins elections. So get out and march!
|Register and vote for cannabis in 2016.|
|Register to vote. Support legislation and ballot initiatives. Vote out most Republicans in 2016.|
USA Today: 11 states least likely to legalize marijuana. Republican states across the nation.
|Marijuana in the South: A State-by-State Guide. Republicans created a THC-free south.|
|Vermont may be the first state to legalize recreational cannabis via the legislature. Vermont has Democrat governor and legislature. 1. 2. 3.|
Canadian single-payer healthcare and Portuguese drug decriminalization Edit
|An economist says Bernie's universal healthcare would save over 10 years. A Chicago Tribune healthcare article: In Europe, Sanders would be center-right. And: Nurses Applaud New Sanders Plan for Healthcare for All. 2.3.|
- Killer Mike and Bernie Sanders Have a Barber-Shop Chat About Free Health Care, and Ending The War on Drugs. Youtube. Facebook: ColoradoCare Yes. On ballot in 2016. ColoradoCareYES.co - ColoradoCare would cover all residents and cost less than the current system. One primary payer. Sanders says Clinton fails to mention that 'Medicare for all' (Single Payer) saves families about $5000 a year in premiums, deductibles, and co-pays.
- See: Wikipedia: Health in Portugal and Wikipedia: Drug policy of Portugal. See: Portugal. Cannabis-related links.
|Cut taxes by ending the drug war, the final "U.S. ground war". Cut Republican big spending: Wars, drug wars, US healthcare costs, and incarceration costs. See: Business people for Single-payer Healthcare. Fed up with uncontrollable costs of U.S. healthcare.|
Canada's new Liberal government repeats promise to legalize marijuana. "Trudeau’s pledge to cut the tax rate for middle-income earners ... paid for by a tax hike on the wealthiest 1%."
|Repeal insurance-based Obamacare. Replace with Canadian-style Single-payer Healthcare. 1. Obamacare regulates health insurance companies. Canada has dumped most of those companies.|
ColoradoCare. "Colorado could make history next November by being the first state in the nation to approve a comprehensive single-payer health insurance system. ... This health insurance coverage has no deductibles and no co-pays." 1.2.