- - Find your state. See your representatives' grades from A to F, and find out why.
|Current medical marijuana states, with map. And: Map of all U.S. marijuana laws by state (map updated since 2016 election). And: Clickable MPP map. And: Clickable NORML map. See: Poll timelines. And: 13 states allow voters to register the same day they vote, despite also having registration deadlines.2. And: Clickable early voting map.|
Voting info Edit
|Google your question, and see specific info for your state or address. Google: Vote early. And: Google: How to register to vote. Online, by mail, or in person. Google: Where do I vote? And: Google: Am I registered to vote?|
U.S. election info. State by state: Voter registration info, deadlines, etc.. Online, by mail, in person. Early voting and absentee voting.  . And: Are you registered, and where is my polling place.
- Medical Marijuana Laws. US maps by year of approval.
- Detailed history of marijuana on the ballot - Ballotpedia. Years, charts, timelines. And: Marijuana on the ballot. By year.
- States with Legislation or Ballot Measures to Legalize Medical Marijuana. ProCon.org.
- The GOP’s War on Voting Is Working. June 29, 2016.
- A or F? How Congress scores on marijuana. . By Danielle Keane, NORML political director. 20 April 2016. "Of the 233 Democrats in Congress, 208 members (89.3 percent) received a passing grade of a 'C' or higher. Of the 302 Republicans in Congress, 102 members (33.8 percent) received a passing grade of a 'C' or higher." For your state see: Congressional Scorecard. NORML. Grading was based upon members' voting records.
- VoteForMarijuana.net - Help fill another database of politicians' records concerning cannabis.
- Vote Medical Marijuana - poor record of most Republicans. Americans for Safe Access. Scoring of legislative records of candidates. Facebook.
See also: Cannabis polls.
Above timeline of polls is from this article:
|Latest Gallup Poll Shows Only 2-in-5 Americans Oppose Marijuana Legalization. October 21, 2015.|
Marijuana's political popularity temporarily declined after Reagan began his propaganda war on cannabis in 1980. Reagan info was added to the above graph of polls. See: Reagan's war on cannabis.
2016 election Edit
2016 Global Marijuana March and 420 events. Public opinion wins elections. Global Marches matter!
Articles written before the November 8, 2016 election in the USA:
|Republicans are busy filing retrograde drug bills across the land. Republicans want to put a conservative drug warrior on the Supreme Court to replace Antonin Scalia, and to reinvigorate their drug war. Supreme Court rejects conservative challenge to Colorado marijuana law from Republican states. 2.|
USA Today: 11 states least likely to legalize marijuana. Republican states across the nation.
|After the US election, marijuana could be legal for recreational or medical use in 29 states.|
As of Illinois decriminalization on July 29, 2016 there are 20 states plus the District of Columbia that have decriminalized or legalized recreational marijuana.
|Marijuana in the South: A State-by-State Guide. Republicans created a THC-free south.|
Map is from before the 2016 election:
- Which States Are Going To Be Voting On Marijuana Reform In November 2016?. And: Up to 12 States Could Vote on Marijuana This November -- Here They Are. 5 June 2016.
2014 election Edit
See also Edit
Cannabis is safer Edit
- Obama correctly said that cannabis is safer than alcohol. See: Cannabis is safer. He also said marijuana should be treated more as a public health issue than a criminal one. And: Obama signals support for legalizing medical marijuana. . See video.
- USA. 1 in 10 deaths of working-age adults are alcohol-related (disease, overdose, car crashes, falls, violence, etc). 87,798 per year, 2006 to 2010. .
See longer article: Cannabis is safer.
- Imagine if Mitt Romney had been elected President in 2012 instead of Obama.
- Obama on marijuana legalization. . "My suspicion is that you’re gonna see other states start looking at this". The Washington Post. Jan. 22, 2015.
- Obama administration asks Supreme Court to reject lawsuit filed by Republican governments in Oklahoma and Nebraska to stop legal marijuana in Colorado . December 2015.
Drug-war mass incarceration Edit
|See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. And: Drug War, mandatory minimum sentencing, handguns. And: US incarceration peaked in 2008. And: Number of marijuana prisoners in the USA. And: List of countries and U.S. states by incarceration rate.
|The majority of people incarcerated in prisons and jails in the USA are in due to drug-related offenses, crimes to get money for drugs, or drug-related parole or probation violations. Wikipedia: Drug-related crime. The number of inmates in the USA has increased almost 5 times over since 1980. The USA has the highest incarceration rate of any nation b c (except for the tiny country of the Seychelles). Compare incarceration rates worldwide. The cost of the U.S. drug war is at least 1.5 trillion dollars. Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
|A Lot Of People Are Dying At This Understaffed Texas Jail. And: How the Money Bail System Perpetuates America’s Mass Incarceration Problem. And: Justice Department blasts ‘unconstitutional’ fixed bail schedules. Many innocent people in jail. And: Many marijuana users in jail without bail money.|