- Chilean moms growing support for medical marijuana. Washington Post.
- Georgia: Democratic state senator Curt Thompson files separate bills to legalize medical marijuana and recreational marijuana.
- Republicans fear 2016. "The Blue Wall is a block of states that no Republican Presidential candidate can realistically hope to win. ... Voter turnout was awful. It was more awful for the Democrats but the GOP won 52 percent of 35 percent of the vote: in other words their mandate is 17 percent of the registered electorate (and 13 percent of those eligible to vote)."
- New York City: Democrat Mayor de Blasio seeks mail-in payment for pot fines. He stopped Bloomberg's policy of arresting tens of thousands of brown people yearly for cannabis possession. . See Saturday Night Live video.
- UK conservatives like drug war , and taxing, underpaying, and pillaging the poor and middle class . Similarly, the US drug war is part of Republican war on the poor and middle class where there has been an incredible transfer of wealth from the bottom 90% to the top 0.1%. See chart:
Ronald Reagan, 1980 campaign speech : "Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana, pot, grass, whatever you want to call it, is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects, but they are permanent ill effects. The loss of memory for example."
- Republicans crushed in Oregon. Cannabis made legal . Presidential candidate from Oregon could end cannabis prohibition in 2016. Pew Poll shows support for legalization has increased 11 points since 2010. See Why Prisons Thrive . Also, record wealth inequality . See above charts.
- Share link: 2012
- See also: 2012 graphics, category, 2012 basic city list, signup.
- Firefox addon: Translate This! Selected text or whole pages.
Global Marijuana March is the first Saturday in May or thereabouts. See also: 4/20 events. 845 different cities have signed up from 76 different nations since 1999. To add or remove 2012 cities see: GMM signup contacts. Add this app to the sidebar of your Facebook pages. Click here to do so.
See: featured GMM crowd photos.
|Global Marijuana March links.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
Share these links everywhere, in email, web pages, Facebook, Twitter, etc.:
Upload images: upload.
For many city-specific photo compilations see the photo albums in the many Facebook groups linked from the city pages. Some multi-city compilations from various sources:
|Search for marijuana march videos. And more.|
|See 2013, 2014 Global Marijuana March.|
- 2012 Global Marijuana March. London Free Press. London, Ontario newspaper.
- Latinoamérica participa en 'Marcha Mundial por la Marihuana' - El Nuevo Herald.
- BBC Mundo - Video y Fotos - Miles marcharon en favor de la legalización de la marihuana.
- BBC News - In pictures: Global marijuana march.
- Global Marijuana March 2012 (Videos and Pictures) | Hail Mary Jane.
- Facebook: Global Marijuana March 2012.
- Facebook: Worldwide Marijuana March 2012.
Anybody (whether logged in or not) can add info and links to the individual city pages. See also these compilation pages of a few Facebook links for GMM 2012 cities:
- www.globalmarijuanamarch.weebly.com/facebook-events.html is the source of the Facebook event page (in the "updated city list" menu) in the Global Cannabis March app on Facebook. Keary Prophet is the person to contact about both. See also: Weebly Support - FAQ & Search.
If you need help creating a Facebook event or group page, ask at the 2012 or Multi-year GMM Facebook groups.
Return to top. 2 cities.
Return to top. 2 cities.
Return to top. 40 cities.
- Bordeaux, France.
- Clermont-Ferrand, France.
- Lille, France.
- Lyon, France.
- Marseille, France.
- Nice, France.
- Paris, France.
- Reunion, France.
- Toulouse, France.
- Tours, France.
Return to top. 8 cities.
- Auckland, New Zealand.
- Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Dunedin, New Zealand.
- Hamilton, New Zealand.
- Hastings, New Zealand.
- Wellington, New Zealand.
- New Plymouth, New Zealand.
Return to top. 78 cities.
- Bahia Blanca, Argentina.
- Bariloche, Argentina.
- Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- Comodoro Rivadavia, Argentina.
- Cordoba, Argentina.
- El Bolson, Argentina.
- Formosa, Argentina.
- La Plata, Argentina.
- La Rioja, Argentina.
- Mar del Plata, Argentina.
- Mendoza, Argentina.
- Neuquen, Argentina.
- Obera, Argentina.
- Posadas, Argentina.
- Resistencia, Argentina.
- Rio Grande, Argentina.
- Rosario, Argentina.
- Salta, Argentina.
- San Fernando del Valle de Catamarca, Argentina.
- San Juan, Argentina.
- San Luis, Argentina.
- San Miguel, Tucuman, Argentina.
- San Pedro, Misiones, Argentina.
- San Salvador de Jujuy, Argentina.
- Santa Fe, Argentina.
- Ushuaia, Argentina.
- Venado Tuerto, Argentina.
- Aracaju, Brazil.
- Atibaia, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
- Blumenau, Brazil.
- Brasilia, Brazil.
- Cuiaba, Brazil.
- Curitiba, Brazil.
- Diadema, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Fortaleza, Brazil.
- Guarulhos, Brazil.
- Joao Pessoa, Brazil.
- Joinville, Brazil.
- Juiz de Fora, Brazil.
- Jundiai, Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Manaus, Brazil.
- Natal, Brazil.
- Niteroi, Brazil.
- Nova Iguacu, Brazil.
- Patos, Brazil.
- Petropolis, Brazil.
- Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
- Presidente Prudente, Brazil.
- Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil.
- Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Salvador, Bahia, Brazil.
- Sao Jose do Rio Preto, Brazil.
- Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Uberlandia, Brazil.
- Vicosa, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
- Vitoria, Espirito Santo, Brazil.
- Antofagasta, Chile.
- Calama, Chile.
- Concepcion, Chile.
- Coquimbo, Chile.
- Iquique, Chile.
- Santiago, Chile
- Temuco, Chile.
- Valdivia, Chile
- Valparaiso, Chile.
- Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada.
- Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada.
- London, Ontario, Canada.
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
- Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
Web pages outside Facebook are useful too. Use popular free websites or wikis with unlimited bandwidth and simple online editing. Use a large, popular web host because many of the smaller ones disappear over time along with your web pages if you did not back them up. Some of the comparison pages linked below have tables with a column for monthly bandwidth. You may be unpleasantly surprised how a monthly bandwidth limit of one gigabyte can ruin your efforts right when your website becomes popular. Wikis and blogs usually have unlimited bandwidth.
- Wikipedia: Category: Blog hosting services.
- Wikipedia: Comparison of wiki hosting services.
- WikiIndex: Category: WikiFarm.
Google Sites has huge free bandwidth compared to other free sites:
- Wikipedia: Comparison of free web hosting services. Nearly all the sites that are listed have free online editing ("page builder" column).
If you need anonymity (for whatever reason) you can use fake names for your facebook name, free hosting signup, and everything activism related. Even Wikipedia, for example, recommends not using a real user name. The email address you sign up with is real. Whether you use a real name on your email address is up to you. Either way, of course, the government knows everything. :) The anonymity is to avoid other problems. You can use a separate private email address for personal communications not concerned with activism. It is possible to create an additional web-based e-mail address, and then set it to forward email to your main email address. This prevents exposure of your real name or your main email address. This is good for posting comments that require an email address. Google Mail (Gmail) allows free email forwarding. One can automatically forward email from one Gmail account to another Gmail account, or to any email account. You can change your name on either or both of the Google email accounts also if you want to.
More GMM graphics
|See list of incarceration rates by country (b c). Compare the rates. Due to the Drug War the USA has the highest incarceration rate in the world. See cost of U.S. drug war: 1.5 trillion dollars! Let's Break the Taboo! Cannabis is safer! Share link.|
The purple elephant in the room:
Cost of drug war
|Cost of U.S. drug war. Even $1.5 trillion dollars is conservative since many crimes are committed in order to get money for drugs. Correction costs alone averaged $30,600 per inmate in 2007. See: Drug war causes high U.S. incarceration rate. See: Economics - Drug War Facts. See: 32 Reasons Why We Need To End The War On Drugs - Business Insider. See: The Budgetary Impact of Ending Drug Prohibition.|
Breaking the Taboo
- Share link: taboo
Home Page (BreakingTheTaboo.info). More info . See TabooBreakers on Twitter. See Global Commission on Drug Policy and Facebook page. Quotes from video clips on the trailer: President Richard Nixon: "total war against public enemy number one". President Ronald Wilson Reagan: "When we say no to drugs it will be clear that we mean absolutely none". President George H.W. Bush: "Some think there won't be room for them in jail. We'll make room". Morgan Freeman: "Since 1971 2.5 trillion dollars have been spent on the War on Drugs". Look who's breaking the taboo: Richard Branson, Kate Winslet, Sam Branson, Morgan Freeman, and many more. See also: MarijuanaMajority.com. Share link. Full version in English is no longer available online. Hey Richard Branson, George Soros, or whoever, please buy it and put it back online!
Return to top. </div>